• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Soooo, what are we expecting this week to be revealed? More stages? New assist trophies? A veteran character? Explanations of old stages? Wario?

I'm taking all hypothetical bets. :4luigi:

Love that minigame XD

I'm betting 2 newcomers and Wario.

D

Deleted member

Soooo, what are we expecting this week to be revealed? More stages? New assist trophies? A veteran character? Explanations of old stages? Wario?

I'm taking all hypothetical bets. :4luigi:

Super Mario 64 DS Minigames <3

I'm betting no characters of any sort and there will be a Direct next week when I'm on vacation so I can't see it. *raises bet to 5 coins*

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
As far as I remember, every Direct has been announced the day before, or two days before, tops. It wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai added some "Make sure to watch tomorrow's Direct for a few surprises!" stuff to a PotD on Monday or Tuesday... Directs are usually on Wednesday.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Directs are usually on Wednesday.
Here's a recap of the more important Direct Dates in 2014:

-Feb 13-Thursday-US
-Feb 14-Friday-Japan

-April 8-Tuesday-US SSB4
-April 9-Wednesday-Japan SSB4
-April 10-Thursday-US Tomodachi Life
-April 30-Wednesday-All-Mario Kart 8

-June 10th-Tuesday-All-Digital Event E3

-July 4-Friday JAPAN only
-July 11-Friday JAPAN only 3DS Direct

-August 4-Monday-US Hyrule Warriors
-August 5-Tuesday-Japan Hyrule Warriors

Maybe make a quick revision to your statement there.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Here's a recap of the more important Direct Dates in 2014:

-Feb 13-Thursday-US
-Feb 14-Friday-Japan

-April 8-Tuesday-US SSB4
-April 9-Wednesday-Japan SSB4
-April 10-Thursday-US Tomodachi Life
-April 30-Wednesday-All-Mario Kart 8

-June 10th-Tuesday-All-Digital Event E3

-July 4-Friday *** only
-July 11-Friday *** only 3DS Direct

-August 4-Monday-US Hyrule Warriors
-August 5-Tuesday-Japan Hyrule Warriors

Maybe make a quick revision to your statement there.
Well, seems like I'm mistaken then. I read it somewhere and didn't bother to check it :D

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So hang on. We got the Hyrule Warriors direct a week before the game comes out in Japan, right? Why are you guys figuring we'll get a Smash direct a month before it releases? Wouldn't it make more sense for a Smash direct to be released at the end of this month or early next month to hype for the game release a couple weeks later?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So hang on. We got the Hyrule Warriors direct a week before the game comes out in Japan, right? Why are you guys figuring we'll get a Smash direct a month before it releases? Wouldn't it make more sense for a Smash direct to be released at the end of this month or early next month to hype for the game release a couple weeks later?
We got Mario Kart 8 Direct a month before release.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
WELL I DON'T KNOW, PAC-MAN, HOW ABOUT YOU TELL US, YOUR COMPANY IS WORKING ON IT.

Because Sakurai is an unpredictable man. For all we know we could get nothing based on his pressured schedule.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Clearly we're getting a veteran or newcomer this week because Sakurai wouldn't want to disappoint me on my birthday, which is Wednesday. :happysheep:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
But Sakurai disappoints anyone when he wants :happysheep:
He's only human. He can't put everything Nintendo into one game to please us all.

And even if he did, people will complain that there's too much content. We're selfish animals in retrospect.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sakurai dissapoints anyone when he wants sheep?

Anybody, please make sure to deliver a lifetime's worth of muttonchops to Sakurai's home address :troll:
lol

He's only human. And even if he did, people will complain that there's too much content. We're selfish animals in retrospect.
Before I say my joke, that's sadly true :|

And most humans are well known for trolling :troll:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Everyday of the week is a potential Direct announcement and every day except Monday has the chance of being a Direct along with Thursday being a potential Ganondorf reveal!
Or, you know, filler...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Everyday of the week is a potential Direct announcement and every day except Monday has the chance of being a Direct along with Thursday being a potential Ganondorf reveal!
Or, you know, filler...
DID SOMEBODY SAY FILLER

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I suspect most are going to predict another Assist Trophy reveal which will inevitably deconfirm another character.
That being said, I'm going to predict a new item.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I...don't know.

I guess most will say deconfirmation, but he may mess with us by confirming someone...wait a direct come soon so I don't think I should expect that???

Seriously, it CAN'T be predicted. Stop trying to find any pattern or logic THERE'S NONE! (most of the times because it did happen RARELY to have logic).

I say stage reveal that is NOT Paper Mario related.

Just to let you know, I hope we don't hear anything about Paper Mario actually. That's tease logic, but the problem is that tomorrow is the series anniversary in JP (or PM64). I just hope we hear nothing OR, hidden tease, but that happened very rarely (only the direct did a second tease for some like Palutena or Ridley. It just enhanced the force of the tease).

So basically, let's hope to hear nothing ok? (that's so ironic because I wanted to hear about it so much before and I realise that I may get more for not getting new info now).

I guess I'll listen to TTYD ost for hype anyway while I'm actually stressful.

Which makes me think of this:

Good if you want pressure (it's more fitting in certain conditions).

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I would love that.

It's just he seems to have high info to give lately. Showing it the first time was enough, but again, Sakurai -> irrelevant.
Yeah i wouldnt really want a menu i mean we will see it eventually i want to see explanation of a new mode or something like that

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'd laugh so hard if Sakurai shows a pic of the stream on Jungle Japes and just left a caption like: "So I heard you all like streams. Rumor has it, you won't last too long in this particular stream. Can't trust Klaptraps!" :troll:

At least we'll know what's up by tonight.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I hope it mentions it at least, I just want real news :)
That would be hilarious:

FAKE POTD: "I just want to remind you about this rumor of a direct tomorrow. Here's a picture of the said rumor." :troll:

But no.

Yeah i wouldnt really want a menu i mean we will see it eventually i want to see explanation of a new mode or something like that
No, I actually care A LOT about menus. I realised just how much they can change the way you see a game, but again, I tend to analyse a lot which explains why others wouldn't pay attention to this.

And so far, this one match my tastes (bright colors with big outlines).

I'll let you figure now why I love so much the Paper Mario design in the series.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I don't even like Lucario that much. I'm not talking down on him, just don't really put much thought towards him. That being said, isn't it about time he got some spotlight? We've seen him like, once?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm actually considering sleeping today, so if Wario is revealed, someone please PM me the gif that Jabba will unleash.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
No, I actually care A LOT about menus. I realised just how much they can change the way you see a game, but again, I tend to analyse a lot which explains why others wouldn't pay attention to this.
Yeah Brawl's menu and CSS just make me go "eh...", but I love the look of the Wii U CSS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom