• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I regret nothing!...Actually, I should probably stop before the mods get fed up with me xD
Indeed ;)

I think I have week left until my warning points disappear.

Because I forgot a WINK or a JAY/KAY GUYZ. :4pacman:

Anyways, mods are Sakurai offsprings and holy.

I also think we need Zant and Ghirahim (if not playable) AT's in Smash.

I wish it were my way so I'd have Deku, Zora and Goron races as AT's in the game, but what can you do :\

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Indeed ;)

I think I have week left until my warning points disappear.

Because I forgot a WINK or a JAY/KAY GUYZ. :4pacman:

Anyways, mods are Sakurai offsprings and holy.

I also think we need Zant and Ghirahim (if not playable) AT's in Smash.

I wish it were my way so I'd have Deku, Zora and Goron races as AT's in the game, but what can you do :\
I could see Zant and/or Ghirahim making it in as AT's. As for the Deku's, Zora's and Goron's I think it'd be neat to at least have them as background elements to a Zelda stage if not AT's. If the generic Hammer Bro can be an AT then so can they damnit!

Also, in advance I apologize to any and all viewers of this thread (especially mods) because if Ganon is shown in today's potd in anyway I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself '-';

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
We've been getting a lot of good stuff lately so my metaphoric money is on filler tonight.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't think any character reveals will happen unless it's on Friday. Sakurai has been pretty consistent on that outside of announcements and directs.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
That's right, you and Waluigi are best husbando. Wario comes very close at number 3, though.
In all seriousness if Jabba the Hutt is added as an assist trophy to represent the SW games Id flip a corn dog

I don't think any character reveals will happen unless it's on Friday. Sakurai has been pretty consistent on that outside of announcements and directs.
Diddy was a thursday I think

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Woah hi, sorry, I was just having a crush on Ganondorf on tumblr with plenty of other people with crushes on Ganondorf on tumblr...
What're we talking about? Two swords? Sounds good to me!
Ehh, he's been consistent with that recently, but there's really no rule of Friday only. Marth and Peach we're Thursdays if I remember correctly, and including announcements and directs we've had all days of the week, so whateva. I really don't think the time of week matters much after Robin was really hype and lasted all week, despite being revealed on a Monday. In fact, revealing a certain character earlier in the week would just get the news out about they've changed faster, being able to follow up the next day, like with Robin.

I...can see Sakurai getting aboard the Ganondorf hype train and revealing him while we're all already on our Ganon high but I can also see him being a secret character while today we get some alt. costume or trophy based on Hyrule Warriors... it's tough.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
More than anything, I'd like to see a Wii U pic tomorrow. I miss my HD goodness. HD filler is still better than 3DS filler, in case we get filler tomorrow.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Today is the perfect opportunity for Ganondorf's return, revamped or Falcondorf'd! BRING HIM SAKURAI!!!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, but I doubt Smash Ganondorf will even come close to rivaling HW Ganon, at least as long as they continue using Falcondorf.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Pic of the day- Did you enjoy the Hyrule Warriors Direct? Here is Ganondorf, the Demon King, his Warlock Punch and Wizard Foot are even more powerful than before! What? Dual Swords? Dark Magic? hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Ganon actually makes a lot of sense for tonight/tomorrow. While Sakurai hasn't paid much attention to anniversaries lately, he has in fact revealed characters to promote upcoming games. When Diddy was revealed, there was a link to check out Tropical Freeze at the bottom.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Pic of the day- Did you enjoy the Hyrule Warriors Direct? Here is Ganondorf, the Demon King, his Warlock Punch and Wizard Foot are even more powerful than before! What? Dual Swords? Dark Magic? hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
I'm sure the lot of us are already prepared for this.

We haven't gotten a vet since Ike too haven't we? That was before E3. It's time!

Nevermind:4falcon:

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
This is what we're potentially dealing with for Sm4shdorf. Any adjustments you would make, or would you stick with the TP design?

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
I would perfectly okay with this.

JabbatheHutt

This is what we're potentially dealing with for Sm4shdorf. Any adjustments you would make, or would you stick with the TP design?

Dude..... I don't think anyone would complain if that was the Ganon we got.

Also will shut up the Goku support thread

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Seeing how we have TP Link and Zelda, I'd stick with TP Dorf. But this should definitely be a costume. Just like SS Zelda and HW Link (even though they're only adding a scarf...I'd rather have casual Link from TP)

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

Ganondorf lacking a sword in Brawl was disappointing, but bearable.

If Sakurai overhauls him to this though? Completely wipes Sakurai's slate clean. Ike vs Ganondorf would be so fun to play.

This render even looks like one that would be used for Smash. Man, I'm honestly going to be disappointed when this isn't the Ganon we get.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

If Sakurai overhauls him to this though? Completely wipes Sakurai's slate clean. Ike vs Ganondorf would be so fun to play.

This render even looks like one that would be used for Smash. Man, I'm honestly going to be disappointed when this isn't the Ganon we get.
Im 100% sure Sakurai was able to see designs for Hyrule Warriors Ganon. Being as Ganon was a clone he probably wasn't worked on till later in development, once he seen the HW stuff maybe he had a separate group work on Ganon for that.

Any Ganon but that Ganon will be a huge let down imo

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

I know, I know... I love the fusion/transition/whatever it is they're going for of Ganondorf + Demise.

After seeing how great Bowser has been treated, I do have high hopes, while keeping my expectations in check, that Gdorf will be overhauled in some promising way.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Warning Received
We won't get HW Ganondorf just like we didn't get HW Zelda. The best we can hope for is an original moveset.

Edit: Warning for this? This was 100% light-hearted joking. but alright.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The biggest thing standing in the way of an overhauled Ganon is his mains. Sakurai knows there are some who enjoy him being a clone, and might refuse to change him. Also, doesn't Sakurai main Ganondorf in Brawl?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Am I the only one that doesn't like the HW Ganondorf? It's really stupid looking, in my opinion.

Hoping for a Ganondorf reveal tonight, though. Not banking on it, but still hoping.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The biggest thing standing in the way of an overhauled Ganon is his mains. Sakurai knows there are some who enjoy him being a clone, and might refuse to change him. Also, doesn't Sakurai main Ganondorf in Brawl?
I doubt that would be the reason. They've changed Bowser significantly and changed almost all of Pit's special moves. People change mains frequently from game to game based on how they play in relation to the physics of the game. The ones that don't are typically people that LOVE that character, and in that case, he won't lose any mainers.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I doubt that would be the reason. They've changed Bowser significantly and changed almost all of Pit's special moves. People change mains frequently from game to game based on how they play in relation to the physics of the game. The ones that don't are typically people that LOVE that character, and in that case, he won't lose any mainers.
Olimar also. All three of them are recognizable from their Brawl versions, but have substantial enough chances to alienate previous mains. It's all for a greater good of gameplay balance and making the character more faithful to their source material though, so I'm all for it. I'm happy that my main since 1999, Pikachu, remains as he has, but if he didn't, I would either adapt or find a new main (which I'm considering anyway after seeing Palutena and Robin in action).

Soul.

Are we expecting Ganondorf or a Wii U PotD?
It could be a 3DS one too, but as I said, PotDs are unpredictable.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Are we expecting Ganondorf or a Wii U PotD?
It could be a 3DS one too, but as I said, PotDs are unpredictable.
I'm honestly not expecting one, but it makes sense for Nintendo to reveal him tonight. There's plenty of the Smash crowd that didn't watch the HW Direct, and I'm sure seeing that render + a link that says "Check out more about Hyrule Warriors" would be efficient and timely marketing for both games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom