• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I can picture it now. We have the Hyrule Warriors Direct then right at the end we have a Smash reveal. Link is shown being blown away but he lands on his feet. Out of the darkness comes Ganondorf as he gerudo's Link and we see 'Ganondorf joins the brawl' or something much more creative. Then Toon Link comes in and saves Link and the two Links kick Ganon's ***. Then when all hope seems lost, a tall figure appears from the shadows. The figure draws his weapons and laughs and then, in a flash, Toon Link is ***** slapped away and Toon Ganondorf is revealed! Then we see some beautiful footage of Ganon and Toon Ganon and the potd mentions them and potentially Ganon's new sword based moveset (or not).

xD In all seriousness though, I'm not expecting anything Smash related at the Direct. It's a Direct for those interested in Hyrule Warriors, some Dynasty Warriors/Zelda hyrbid, not a Direct directly intended for any Smash fans. However if they did reveal something Smash related I'd be happy...unless it was a Krystal deconfirmation or the release date being put further back.

As for the potd, I'm still predicting a stage. Namely a Kirby one although maybe a Starfox or Metroid one for 3DS.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'd doubt we would get a reveal from the direct but the next pic of the day could have something related to the direct.

So any bets to whose series is getting a stage this week? I'm gonna guess for DK. Even though Zelda is most possible but still.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I doubt a new character tonight.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see some new Zelda content in the potd. Just to coincide with the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

A little OT, but this Direct tonight will be the deciding factor on if I'm grabbing this game or not.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I doubt a new character tonight.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see some new Zelda content in the potd. Just to coincide with the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

A little OT, but this Direct tonight will be the deciding factor on if I'm grabbing this game or not.
Oh man, this game looks good enough as it is. Im excited to see some more content (And maybe some Ganon action...)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I predict something LoZ-oriented.
However, I'll be more then delighted to get more then just a picture, be it Gannon's return or a new character altogether.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Oh man, this game looks good enough as it is. Im excited to see some more content (And maybe some Ganon action...)
I'm not completely sold on it. I love the Zelda series, yet never played a lick of Dynasty Warriors. Gameplay looks fun, but it seems like it'll get old and repetitive quick. Maybe online being included would increase the replay value...

I will be watching the Direct for sure though. Should be good.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to hope for stage info for tomorrow, ideally another new stage.

While I hadn't heard of Prince Sable until Smash 4 speculation, I'm glad he got in as an AT for those who were supporting him. I wonder if Monday will stay AT day until release as we've had two fairly big ATs revealed on Monday now. It's also nice that the ATs we've seen lately have been ones not in the E3 build, confirming there are plenty of surprises still in the ATs.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
What if Sakurai revealed Takamaru and the Sablé Prince so the western audience would be familiar with them because they will be shown as playable characters in the Hyrule Warriors Direct? :awesome:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
What if Sakurai revealed Takamaru and the Sablé Prince so the western audience would be familiar with them because they will be shown as playable characters in the Hyrule Warriors Direct? :awesome:

I'm sorry to tell you this but they're both assist trophies. They're gone

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to tell you this but they're both assist trophies. They're gone
i'm fairly certain they meant in hyrule warriors
it's a bit of a long shot, but both of their series do have definite ties to zelda (TMMC is just a very similar game to zelda 1, as well as being on the FDS, and FtFtBT is essentially a prototypical link's awakening)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I consider retro to be games that have basically been forgotten about. Pac-Man is still living strong today, and Little Mac's reboot no longer identifies him as a retro character anymore.
I wanna say he doesn't count because he's third party, but I don't think there's an unwritten rule or anything.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i'm fairly certain they meant in hyrule warriors
it's a bit of a long shot, but both of their series do have definite ties to zelda (TMMC is just a very similar game to zelda 1, as well as being on the FDS, and FtFtBT is essentially a prototypical link's awakening)
funnily enough im pretty sure richard from links awakening was from "FtFtBT" and takamaru was in samurai warriors 3 so both have a legit shot

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I really don't expect anything from the Direct, I doubt Sakurai will even announce anything from a spin-off game. Maybe Ganondorf, just so all the Zelda characters will be announced, and if we're lucky, we may see him and / or a new character.

That said I really really want to see Tingle playable in HW.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think nothing Smash related will be revealed during this direct, but instead, Ganondorf will be in tomorrow's pic of the day. But I am not going to rule the possibility of a reveal, so I will keep my eyes open during this direct, which is oming in a few minutes for those who don't know :)

"...and that's how Ganodorf plays in Hyrule Warriors. Oh and we have a surprise as well"

"Hello I am Sakurai. The director of Smash bros. After seeing how Ganodorf swings his mighty blade in Hyrule Warriors, we decided to make a few changes to the king of evil in Smash."

D

Deleted member

If the POTD isn't Ganondorf, then it might be Zelda-related. Who knows?

We need dual wield Gannondorf in Smash. Everyone wants it but it was connected to WW. There's no excuse now.

Hopefully we see the dorf soon.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
GANONDORF FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
;-; It's so beautiful, seeing Ganon in Hyrule Warriors. Now for tonight's picture to show him coming back in Smash 4...I can only hope

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
So much for something in the Direct. Nintendo will probably throw us Smashers a bone in a couple weeks

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're right about that. But by then, everything will be focused on competitiveness. Sure, they can speculate about Smash Wii U's modes, but those will be revealed once the 3DS version is out. I understand what you're saying.
In the end, everyone will play the game online, so that's what matters. lol
I'm not so sure the Wii U modes will be fully explained once the 3DS version is out. Sakurai knows he has to keep people invested in that version somehow. To me, it seems obvious to get that version since you can play locally with all your friends and HD and all that, but as a business I'm sure they still need to reel in that audience that might just get the 3DS version and say "Well why would I need the other version then?" I think we'll get pic of the days after 3DS release that focus on target records and fun things from players worldwide on 3DS version, but also mysterious pics and reveals of the Wii U version. I wonder if they'll have those secret character boxes after the 3DS version is out, though?

Oh, and hey, just came here from the Hyrule Warriors direct. I still think Ganondorf might be a secret character, but if they were going to reveal him as a veteran on the site, today would be the day. I love what they've done with his hair in Hyrule Warriors! He looks like a lion!

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If they reveal Ganondorf tomorrow with his Hyrule Warriors look, I would lose my s***. That Ganondorf looks LEGIT

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
So everyone agrees that beastly haired dual-wielding Ganondorf should be the one represented in Smash right? I am absolutely sold on that look, and it would be the first dual sword wielder in Smash(sorry Lloyd).

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
If they reveal Ganondorf tomorrow with his Hyrule Warriors look, I would lose my s***. That Ganondorf looks LEGIT
Being legit is what Ganondorf excels at. I would say he's too legit to quit. Dorf potd needs to happen asap.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm sorry Suiseiseki but Ganondorf must take your place as my avatar ;-;

"Pic of the day. If you saw the recent Hyrule Warriors Direct then you know that a very special character was revealed to be playable. Here he is, returning as a playable character in Smash 4. It's Ganondorf! He also has the most alternate costumes with his Ocarina of Time design, his Twilight Princess design and his Hyrule Warriors design! But wait, where's the WindWaker design?"

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is the best thing
If that's not at least an alt costume for Ganondorf I will cause a riot
(Not really, but still)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I can actually live without seeing a Ganondorf reveal via PotD in the next few hours. That Hyrule Warriors Direct was everything.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I'm sorry Suiseiseki but Ganondorf must take your place as my avatar ;-;

"Pic of the day. If you saw the recent Hyrule Warriors Direct then you know that a very special character was revealed to be playable. Here he is, returning as a playable character in Smash 4. It's Ganondorf! He also has the most alternate costumes with his Ocarina of Time design, his Twilight Princess design and his Hyrule Warriors design! But wait, where's the WindWaker design?"
TROLLING!!!!!!!! :troll:

:awesome:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If ZSS can get jet boots, then Ganondorf can have duel swords like in HW.

However, getting a Ganondorf reveal tomorrow would clash with the inevitable Wario pic tomorrow, isn't that right, Jabba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom