• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oooo... my condolences, Takumaru supporters.
Well, better to get the pain out of the way now instead of when you get that "Everyones unlocked!" message.
Well hell, when are we ganna see some veterans then? At the end of this week or...? Are we ganna have around 5 reveals during August?
5 reveals in August?

Unless it's a Smash Direct, I'm doubting it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm curious to see what the caption says for sure.

Such a huge hit today. I thought the NA release being confirmed might actually help his chances. Guess not.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Are we even going to get a retro this time around? Most of the popular choices have been disconfirmed.

Shroob

Sup?
Pic of the day. As we are approaching the launch of Smash Bros. for 3DS, I felt it was necessary to provide double content on the same topics on the daily pictures from now until then. I present you Takamaru as an Assist Trophy! In the 2nd picture, Lucas says hello.
There is no second picture?

Nielicus

Smash Lord
There goes the tradition of having a RETRO character being a newcomer in each game since Melee as Takamaru is now our newest Assist
Guys wait, he wasn't OUTRIGHT confirmed to not be playable. Hehehehe...

But seriously why hasn't the site updated?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm rather worried for what the rest of the week's pics will be myself.

It's getting closer to the release so it would make sense for disconfirmations to be occurring more often.

Let's hope that's not what will happen this week....

Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
There goes the tradition of having a RETRO character being a newcomer in each game since Melee as Takamaru is now our newest Assist
Are we even going to get a retro this time around? Most of the popular choices have been disconfirmed.
It's sad that he was the only retro character left.
Mega Man isn't retro?
Pac-Man isn't retro?

There's obviously a lot of choices left. Still waiting for the Duck Hunt Dog.

domokl

Smash Lord
only popular retros left are mach rider and duck hunt dog and there both shaky.

D

Deleted member

I'll be convinced there won't be a retro newcomer unless Duck Hunt Dog and Mach Rider are disconfirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Seriously, I want to know where the hell you got that since you found it before Sakurai's JP Miiverse updated. Does Sakurai update his pics in another place before his Miiverse?

Answer Miiiiiii!!!

EDIT: O-OH... It was on Smashbros.com. That's odd. He normally updates his Miiverse profiles before updating the site.

----

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm surprised he's in the game at all.
That's why I think I'll have mind blow somehow.

Guys, do you realise how the repping is huge now? it got to the point of seeing the most not commonly acknowledged stuff like captain rainbow and maybe this (rayman is best example).

I don't know, but stuff like this just screws up most of speculation by having a verdict that is similar to "I don't know, but it could go either way". And that is far more than just the roster.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't wait for the rest of the week. Oh man, I'm pretty hyped up if this is how Monday is.

Not that Takamaru's apparent disconfirmation is a good thing. My condolences to his supporters. This is one hell of a hard hitting disconfirmation beaten only by Chrom's.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Last week we got a bunch of stages. Maybe we're going to get a follow up to that but with Assist Trophies this week.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Who the hell is Takamaru??

Am I the only one who doesnt't know him/his game?
No, he is somewhat obscure. Only being released on the Famicom if I'm correct, however he had an attraction in Nintendo Land.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, I think stuff like this is exactly why a lot of people hate Assist Trophies. ¦D

My condolences to you Takamaru supporters. Speaking with some of you actually got me a little interested in him.

But such is life. Now we wait for the caption. ¦(

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi

Edit: Whoops too slow lol

Moderator Edit: Please use a permanent link when posting the pic of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wait Takamaru's game gets localized and he gets disconfirmed, Lucas was a playable character but his game wasn't so that means?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Release dates & Ike. Most reveals were Fridays. However, several were clearly not. So Friday is not the only day they can be revealed.

The short answer is that not all of the rest will be revealed until post release, being hidden.
The alternate is that many of them will be revealed in Newcomer videos, as Sakurai implied they have a few left (and they HAVE to come out BEFORE the game, because the videos are available from the start in the game itself).

There's 11 characters unaccounted for, 14 if you actually think Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur are back. They could easily just reveal them all in a Direct like Mario Kart 8 did, or split them across videos, do random reveals, obscure release reveals, or have some saved for the final game.

The only ones that 'have' to be revealed are Wario, Ice Climbers, Ness or Lucas & Meta Knight, and there's plenty of time for it.
I know, I...kinda went over that. And yeah, I'm saying we've got about 5 starters left. As in starter characters, that will be on the starting roster and that we will immediately see when the game comes out. I'm not talking about hidden characters, I don't expect any of them to make an appearance before release as they are hidden.
Um... I dunno, I expect we might get one more video and that's it, we have lots of newcomers announced and I'm hoping some stay secret so we can be surprised as we play. As for your final statement, yeah, that's what I'm saying, and ehhh there's plenty of time if we get veterans for some weeks in a row. Just seems silly but anythings possible I guess.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Don't worry guys, Takamaru will be the Little Mac of Next Gen Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sad to see Takamaru as an Assist, but he looks really good! He still got a decent bump from sticker status.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
That's why I think I'll have mind blow somehow.

Guys, do you realise how the repping is huge now? it got to the point of seeing the most not commonly acknowledged stuff like captain rainbow and maybe this (rayman is best example).

I don't know, but stuff like this just screws up most of speculation by having a verdict that is similar to "I don't know, but it could go either way". And that is far more than just the roster.
It's anyone's game now *pun so f****** intended*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom