• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Even though I really did want Takamaru...

Maybe he'll be comparable to Little Mac next game.

Soul.

Takamaru? Wait, what.
Darn, that was...weird. Everyone was expecting Ness and because of the unpredictability, this happened.
I'm really sorry, Takamaru supporters. At least he's in the game, that's what matters after all.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Honestly, ever since Greninja got in, I just couldn't see Takamaru making it in as well, at least as a fighter.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Well no I mean, Diddy kong's was off by about a week, and I don't particularly remember anyone saying Zelda would show up. I just remember one night everybody was expecting DDD and then it was infact him. Also, a majority of new characters have been revealed at the end of the weekend, Fridays are usually special because they stay up all weekend, people who don't visit the website every day like we do might come on the wekeends and Sakurai probably wants them to see a well, special pic or a new character.
Nnn...

The only characters nobody predicted when they were revealed were Luigi (Direct), Sonic (Direct), Peach, Marth (both random) and Lucario (Brawl anniversary). Oh, and Toon Link, because people were expecting Zelda or Sheik. This was up until Yoshi's New Island came out with no Yoshi. After that, the reveals have been related to nothing or anniversaries, maybe. But that doesn't mean they always will be.

Diddy was off by a week because the Direct messed it up with Little Mac, but Diddy STILL came with the release of DKCTF, which was what people were expecting.

Luigi, Marth, Lucario & Toon Link were unexpected because they were all secret, and they were all revealed on random days (except Toon Link).
Peach was expected with 3D World, but came out of nowhere.

The only reason reveals were made on Fridays was because it tied with game releases. Had nothing to do with the weekend/wider audience. All the characters NOT tied to a release were revealed on other days, aside from I think Ike.

Why do people always think they're just on Fridays...? And no, Diddy, Zelda, and some others were pretty obvious.
I'm curious as to when you guys DO think these veterans would be revealed? Theres only a month and a half left and about 5 vets left to show...
Release dates & Ike. Most reveals were Fridays. However, several were clearly not. So Friday is not the only day they can be revealed.

The short answer is that not all of the rest will be revealed until post release, being hidden.
The alternate is that many of them will be revealed in Newcomer videos, as Sakurai implied they have a few left (and they HAVE to come out BEFORE the game, because the videos are available from the start in the game itself).

There's 11 characters unaccounted for, 14 if you actually think Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur are back. They could easily just reveal them all in a Direct like Mario Kart 8 did, or split them across videos, do random reveals, obscure release reveals, or have some saved for the final game.

The only ones that 'have' to be revealed are Wario, Ice Climbers, Ness or Lucas & Meta Knight, and there's plenty of time for it.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Kind of glad, tbh. He seemed like a very boring character to me.

Also Greninja is ninja supreme anyways. ;D

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I gotta say he looks great though. That and the Assist Trophy selection this time around is the best we have seen yet by a mile.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oooo... my condolences, Takumaru supporters.
Well, better to get the pain out of the way now instead of when you get that "Everyones unlocked!" message.
Well hell, when are we ganna see some veterans then? At the end of this week or...? Are we ganna have around 5 reveals during August?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
OH GOSH. Well....I REALLY wasn't expecting a disconfirmation like that to turn up that all suddenly.

My condolences to those who supported him. I never knew enough about Takamaru to care about him much otherwise.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Maybe next game, Takumaru fans! He'll follow Little Mac's footsteps.

But hey, at least he's in the game! He got a new, official 3D model! Now that's cool :D

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Omg second time in a row I miss an interesting POTD because of that program like really.

Deconfirmation, yeah that's sad (my sympathy for supporters btw), but the assist seems,

Which does raise me a question: if takamaru got that much acknowledgement and with all the rep we get, where will the repping stops?

It's getting broader every single time I see stuff like this. It really screws up most of speculation (not just roster btw).

I should watch potd more carefully because I have fun in this thread and I forgot it was Monday :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
C'mon, Muddy Mole...though now I'm just banking on no "retro" newcomer.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Almost went to bed but then remembered about the PotD.
Checked this thread and OH MY GOD THE CURVEBALL
This is going to be an intense week.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Day-um, what a twist.

Am update that didn't get uploaded first on Sakurai's Miiverse, and not only that, but Takamaru!

NINJAS=/=SAMURAIS.

Americans.....Please note that HugoBoss is American
Yeah...haven't played Nintendo Land but why did they call it Takamru's Ninja Castle?

And btw, where did the pic get found if it wasn't on Sakurai's Miiverse?

----

Last edited:

tippy

Smash Apprentice
His game gets announced for release in North America, people get their hopes up, and a day later he gets deconfirmed? God, this is kind of hilarious.

Stphntoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamefan1992
3DS FC
4339-2569-8710
Switch FC
8139-1515-0706
There goes the tradition of having a RETRO character being a newcomer in each game since Melee as Takamaru is now our newest Assist

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Warning Received
Pic of the day. As we are approaching the launch of Smash Bros. for 3DS, I felt it was necessary to provide double content on the same topics on the daily pictures from now until then. I present you Takamaru as an Assist Trophy! In the 2nd picture, Lucas says hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom