• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
technically its a streamed 3ds tournament and nintrendo said there wouild be special surprises so sakurai never really needed to say anything, he didnt say watch the digital event and that got people worried but we still got miis and palutena.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It's very nice to see the 3DS' menus, but I'll have to admit that it looks pretty clustered. With all of the different and random shapes, it seems more fitting for a bottom screen (for easy selection).

Sonsa

Smash Champion
technically its a streamed 3ds tournament and nintrendo said there wouild be special surprises so sakurai never really needed to say anything, he didnt say watch the digital event and that got people worried but we still got miis and palutena.
I just assumed he didnt need to say "watch E3" cause... well, its E3. But... I dunno! Is Comic-Con big enough not to need an announcement from Sakurai? I guess if Nintendo said it... ahh, now Im confused... I dunno, Im tired of speculating right now, we'll just see XD I hope youre right!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I just assumed he didnt need to say "watch E3" cause... well, its E3. But... I dunno! Is Comic-Con big enough not to need an announcement from Sakurai? I guess if Nintendo said it... ahh, now Im confused... I dunno, Im tired of speculating right now, we'll just see XD I hope youre right!
Sakurai is such a tricky devil :awesome:

I'm still hard at work, developing a formula for predicting his next move...

D

Deleted member

The menu looks nice. It could give us a hint on what the final character selection screen for the 3DS might look like. You know, with a white background, and maybe smaller character icons. Don't know. xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Alright, I really don't expect any huge news about Smash from SDCC, I hate to say it but the stream really bored me so if anything does happen I'm ganna miss it. Guess it just isn't my cup of tea? I'm sadly not to worried though. Maybe a veteran next week!
The menu looks nice. It could give us a hint on what the final character selection screen for the 3DS might look like. You know, with a white background, and maybe smaller character icons. Don't know. xD
Ahh, that would be nice! Yeah, I hope it's a bit more...polished than the 3DS demo's version of it. They've got the whole top screen to use so I could imagine it being a bit crowded with the huge roster and the bottom screen filled with all the rules and info, but it could look a bit sleeker. Doubt we'd even get a peek at it though by pic of the day until the starting roster is all shown off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ahh, that would be nice! Yeah, I hope it's a bit more...polished than the 3DS demo's version of it. They've got the whole top screen to use so I could imagine it being a bit crowded with the huge roster and the bottom screen filled with all the rules and info, but it could look a bit sleeker. Doubt we'd even get a peek at it though by pic of the day until the starting roster is all shown off.
Yeah. Well, hopefully it's revamped. However, I wonder how 33 character icons for the CSS can fit in such a small screen. You're right though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah. Well, hopefully it's revamped. However, I wonder how 33 character icons for the CSS can fit in such a small screen. You're right though.
Yeah...not even switching to the bottom screen would help, that ones smaller! Maybe theyd have one screen with around 24 characters and then a second screen you scroll to with the rest of the cast? Noo that would be too complicated. Wow, I was never so concerned about this before! This is very curious! They'll probably just do what the demo did but shrink down the pics to fit everyone and maybe the roster slots will be ordered 5x10 including a random slot?

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Smash 4 online mode tho! It's incredible! Say good bye to hackers and spamers and taunters! For this day on we will live in a better Online world! Thx to Sakurai!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dunno. I mean, as much as hackers can be a bit of a pain, they have given us great content.
Like mods, being able to change music. Not to mention the ability to change models/graphic or making new characters altogether.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I dunno. I mean, as much as hackers can be a bit of a pain, they have given us great content.
Like mods, being able to change music. Not to mention the ability to change models/graphic or making new characters altogether.
People will probably still do that once they figure out how to. Besides, isn't online banning and moderating only put into action when people report one another? You and your friends could probably enjoy a modded version of Smash4 online as long as you all agree.

I'm just happy about online not being anonymous anymore! Now maybe people will feel somewhat obligated to fight me. When I played Brawl online "with anyone" I only ever ran into people constantly crouching and taunting who - when I tried to fight - grabbed me, waited, let me go, and tried to befriend me again in their strange sad way. Yay Smash4! For Glory!

On topic: Monday picture. Peach's Final Smash.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say this might be my least liked menu from Sakurai ever. It's that challenge block that really stands out. All the icons on that screen have thick lines, the lines on the challenge block really stand out because those are the only small lines. Other than that the menu looks good but that challenge block just turns the whole thing ugly. Hopefully they'll do something about that.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going to go ahead and say we won't get a character this week... We're soo close to a potential Nintendo Direct for August, that I think showing one now would be a bit silly.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
With the 3DS release approaching, do you all think we'll still see daily updates after the 3DS version release?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Once the 3DS version is out in japan, I imagine remaining pics of the day would focus on secret content much like how the Brawl Dojo focused on spoilerish content once the game was out in Japan

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Not trying to cause an argument, but I personally think they could have done better with the SSB 3DS menu.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
*cracks knuckles*

Back here for some more #SomeoneSomeday action starting tomorrow evening. All week, every day! :4pacman:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Not trying to cause an argument, but I personally think they could have done better with the SSB 3DS menu.
Yeah, I thought I was one of the only few with that opinion, but you were one of the brave ones who spoke up. The menu is...fine, but... I've always preferred the more organized menus with pages and sections - the example I'm thinking of is Melee. Also, I would have preferred the menu on the touch screen while pictures of what you've selected appear on the top screen. Oh well! We still have a Wii U menu to see. Wonder when we'll see it? After the 3DS version's release or sometime sooner?

Shroob

Sup?
Aaaaaaaaand we're back.

I feel like this week will be a filler week, leading up to the August Direct next week maybe.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Since we got the main menu Friday, I hope we start to see some of the inner layers of the menu later this week, ideally with brief explanations of the modes, like the new "Adventure" mode and the trophy minigame. I'm not expecting anything like that until later in the week at the earliest though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think chances are split evenly at 50/50 for either more of the same old regurgitated recaps/same old same old, or something potentially hyping up the coming months/weeks/events. Almost certain we'll get a pic clarifying Green Hill Zone soon.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
With only 35 pics remaining until the 3DS version releases in Japan, I think the days of filler pics are over.

That said, we've had 3 pics from the 3DS version in a row, so I expect a Wii U pic tonight.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Come ooooooon Lucas. You can do it Sakurai. Shut down Gematsu even harder.
Oh yeah! It's Mother's 25th anniversary today! You wouldn't believe it because of my avatar, but I actually kinda forgot a little haha! Anyway, I'd usually doubt the idea because Monday is probably the least hype day to announce a character, but after Robin and Lucina were announced on Monday and explained the rest of the week, I'm not so doubtful to the idea!

Maybe we'll see Lucas or even Ness today? Lucas might be better to see though, I'd like to see them update on how different they made him from Ness the rest of the week. Maybe he could use some more moves that he did in his game...?

With only 35 pics remaining until the 3DS version releases in Japan, I think the days of filler pics are over.

That said, we've had 3 pics from the 3DS version in a row, so I expect a Wii U pic tonight.
I think we could have one more week of it. A month feels like the right time to start really pushing it. These 5 days could easily be filler.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I really feel like we're getting a good PotD today. I don't knw why... but for the last few days I've been feeling strangely good about today.

This game is out so soon, it's crazy.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Ness will only get me hyped.

Maybe it's just cause of that sideways cap instead of a generic backwards cap..

or mostly because it's so satisfying striking people with his Side Smash. The bat strike sound fulfills it and makes the impression "That gotta hurt!". Like I'm in MLB for Smash. Ah memories.

Here's a toast to Ness! :ness:

It'd be great if both were in Smash yet again otherwise. Their not much of clones and their distinct abilities ( air attacks + smashes excluding forward smash + down B originality, etc.) in brawl made them unique otherwise. If they were called clones....well we already got others in Sm4sh.....and not to diss, but Lucas would be much better than young link magee the 2nd and Larth the female. :denzel:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, according to the Australian censorship board, Wario still uses his flatulence to attack, so.... #WarioWonday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom