• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Inb4 Sakurai keeps us up all night waiting for filler
Hmm. You bring up a good point. Normally if I find myself up this late I'll wait a half-hour for the pic to show up. Though a lot of the time I end up waiting for the longest time....

*epiphany ^(O_O)^

I think I'll just go to bed (O_O v)_*turns head v(O_O)v

goodnight. ^(^_^)>

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Off topic but I realized today that after release Ill probably completely disappear from here indefinitely. No real reason or draw for me to stay around afterwards. This makes me really sad, Ive gotten so attached to stuff like Morbids incessant liking and **** like that from everybody. Or hell just seeing Waves profile pic. I mostly just spend time in this thread so all the less draw to keep coming back afterwards ahaha. BEING MUSHY IS FOR LAMERS but it feels like Im moving out of a dorm room after living there a year. This sucks.

In relevant news, yknow tonight Im hoping for maybe an assist trophy. A new one. Maybe some more info on a stage or something we've already seen. Id rreeeeaally like to see something about the fabled Donkey Kong Country stage in the 3DS version.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please do nothing spectacular so that we can get something amazing tomorrow....

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Off topic but I realized today that after release Ill probably completely disappear from here indefinitely. No real reason or draw for me to stay around afterwards. This makes me really sad, Ive gotten so attached to stuff like Morbids incessant liking and **** like that from everybody. Or hell just seeing Waves profile pic. I mostly just spend time in this thread so all the less draw to keep coming back afterwards ahaha. BEING MUSHY IS FOR LAMERS but it feels like Im moving out of a dorm room after living there a year. This sucks.

In relevant news, yknow tonight Im hoping for maybe an assist trophy. A new one. Maybe some more info on a stage or something we've already seen. Id rreeeeaally like to see something about the fabled Donkey Kong Country stage in the 3DS version.
Well if that does happen, you better give me your Skype or something because I absolutely do not want to lose touch with you completely.

Seriously, don't vanish on me. :<

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Aw, I'll certainly miss you if you go, Nitrus. If that is the case, well, it's been a hype-ening experience.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Jungle Japes?

domokl

Smash Lord
inb4 a pic of Samus DK and Pikachu with the caption saying there is something ominous in the air.Something....Vilanous!

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting a pic that either causes my heart to skip a beat or something that sends me off to bed immediately. It's impossible for the pic to be middle-ground tonight after all of the hype that was built up this week.

It's either going to culminate in something amazing or something terrible.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Aw, I'll certainly miss you if you go, Nitrus. If that is the case, well, it's been a hype-ening experience.
I feel like a tiny family here ;;A;; maybe.... Ill try and stick around if I can get myself a Wii U and can play with you guys sometimes. Not sure. Life gets in the way.
Jungle Japes?
No no the one with the big wheel-looking thing.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Hmm there is supposed to be a surprise this weekend at comicon... I will go ness and a newcomer we haven't seen or expect..... Like Poo!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The 3DS has shown so many cool innovative stage ideas! Random generation, wraparound screen, miis.

So our miis can appear on the stage, I wonder, if when you take a snapshot, will the miis stay the same, or change randomly.

Are snapshops actual images, or are they similar to replays?
( I am referring to how replays are not actual video files, but an array of user inputs being looped through. Are screenshots just an array of a characters coordinates and animation frames? )

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I don't know ya that well but I wish ya the best! Sad to see ya go and have a pretty rough time with it, but if thats what ya want... And if thats not what ya want, no need to leave? Anyway best of luck either way.

In predicting pic news, I'll guess a uhh... customizable move, alt, or even assist trophy or maybe a closer look of Elite 4 or StarFox stage, OR a combination of alt of something with stage or whatever. Whatever tonights update is it'll be followed up by "Watch SDCC stream at this time" and there we'll see some veterans or something.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I feel like a tiny family here ;;A;; maybe.... Ill try and stick around if I can get myself a Wii U and can play with you guys sometimes. Not sure. Life gets in the way.
How can you feel like a family? One person cannot be a family. :awesome:

So our miis can appear on the stage, I wonder, if when you take a snapshot, will the miis stay the same, or change randomly.

Are snapshops actual images, or are they similar to replays?
( I am referring to how replays are not actual video files, but an array of user inputs being looped through. Are screenshots just an array of a characters coordinates and animation frames? )
Dunno. It'd be odd if they worked like replays. If the snapshots changed after being taken then there wouldn't be much of a point in taking them, I guess.

Edit: cool! the 3DS menu!

----

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Menu time. Maybe something for Comic-Con?

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
Great, looks like we HAVE to wait for this to go up on the North American site and for the translators to translate Sakurai's post before we get any actual information from these screens...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you've played other games I've worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because…

The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play--complete with diagrams.
"

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
July 25, 2014

"For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you've played other games I've worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because…"

Comment
"The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play--complete with diagrams."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom