• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Wait, what about Jigglypuff? That would clear the way for the remaining veterans.
Yeah, she might be shown and we'd have all the 64 veterans out of the way, but I can't help but feel she'll stay secret and unlockable. I think Sakurai and the team STILL - to this DAY many years later - get a hoot and a half out of presenting players with a very thrilling alarm and character silhouette only to give them Jigglypuff.
Indeed.

It's also Mother 2's 20th exactly one month later.

And unlike other anniversaries, it's actually being acknowledged with the line of Mother 2 figurines coming out in Japan to commemorate the occasion. If Ness doesn't show up now, he'll probably show up in August, for sure.
Oh, I didn't know about that! Well, agreed! Seems like a very good time to celebrate Ness since they'll already be...celebrating Ness! Kinda makes me wonder if we won't see him this time since August seems like the better time... Maybe just Lucas this weekend and Ness next month?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for one of the Mother guys or Ice Climbers, but it looks like things are coming up Wario now. Unless he gets a mini-trailer at Comic Con, I'm not expecting big changes for him, unfortunately.

I was hoping for one of the Mother guys or Ice Climbers, but it looks like things are coming up Wario now. Unless he gets a mini-trailer at Comic Con, I'm not expecting big changes for him, unfortunately.
How would you guys react if they made a small trailer showing he's two characters now: one based of Wario Ware and one based on Wario Land.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
How would you guys react if they made a small trailer showing he's two characters now: one based of Wario Ware and one based on Wario Land.
I would be angry because he has a clone, which is irrational because I mained Tink in Brawl and the two Warios would probably be more different than Tink and Link are.

Oh well.

Soul.

Yeah, she might be shown and we'd have all the 64 veterans out of the way, but I can't help but feel she'll stay secret and unlockable. I think Sakurai and the team STILL - to this DAY many years later - get a hoot and a half out of presenting players with a very thrilling alarm and character silhouette only to give them Jigglypuff.
Captain Falcon was an unlockable character and got revealed. I don't see why can't they do the same with Jigglypuff.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This has been a stage week so why not end the week with Green Hill Zone? It really would make a lot of sense given that it was revealed in such an obscure way.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Captain Falcon was an unlockable character and got revealed. I don't see why can't they do the same with Jigglypuff.
Actually, he was on the starting roster in Melee. Could be that they're taking that route again.
Though then again, 4 FE characters on the starting roster would be very unusual...

Last edited:

Soul.

Actually, he wasn't unlockable in Melee. Could be that they're taking that route again.
Though then again, 4 FE characters on the starting roster would be very unusual...
Oh, yeah, he was a starter character in Melee, but went back to an unlockable character in Brawl. We'll see, though. Most of the users in there are expecting Wario, but with the unpredictability, there's a chance he could get revealed in the PotD. If not, then at the end of the tournament.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm not saying they couldn't, I'm just saying I don't think they would. Falcon and Ness have always followed the same pattern (Secret - Starter - Secret) while Luigi and Jiggs have always been secrets. Luigi was revealed so maybe Jiggs will too! I expect Ness to be shown just cause Falcon has. I guess I just expect Jiggs to stay secret cause... well, you already say why I think that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
4-5 more hours until the last PotD for this week.

Come on Lucas, pull a Toon Link/Lucario/Ike on everyone.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd be ok with that, since with new movesets, he'd be like Samus and Zamus. Of course, my preference would be for him (and Ganondorf) to get the Palutena treatment and get special moves that are totally new moves while still having their old movesets as the default/a customization option. That way, players who were used to them don't lose the moveset they know, but it solves a lot of the criticisms thrown at the two of them.

Soul.

Oh, I'm not saying they couldn't, I'm just saying I don't think they would. Falcon and Ness have always followed the same pattern (Secret - Starter - Secret) while Luigi and Jiggs have always been secrets. Luigi was revealed so maybe Jiggs will too! I expect Ness to be shown just cause Falcon has. I guess I just expect Jiggs to stay secret cause... well, you already say why I think that.
Yeah, maybe it will. We just have to see if the PotD will have Wario or something else. A reveal on after the tournament would cause "hype"...but for speculation.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, maybe it will. We just have to see if the PotD will have Wario or something else. A reveal on after the tournament would cause "hype"...but for speculation.
I guess, but I really don't expect a veteran by pic of the day today. There's an event so close by why not reveal them there and hear the crowd cheer? They could reveal a veteran today and then go more in depth with them at the event tomorrow, anything is possible, but what I expect is:
We get a normal kinda boring pic today , like Pac-Man's up taunt before the "newcomer on monday" message, and then get a follow-up comment asking us to tune in to the 3DS tournament stream (btw what time is that anyway?) and then we see Ness, Lucas, Wario, or whoever else. I can't expect a newcomer, I just can't bring myself to do it yet, but I can see a little gameplay trailer of those vets kind of like what Sonic got.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
This has been a stage week so why not end the week with Green Hill Zone? It really would make a lot of sense given that it was revealed in such an obscure way.
This makes the most sense actually. I swear this happened before with this game. One of the screenshot batches revealed a stage and shortly after it was shown off in the POTD. It could be my wild imagination though. Either way, considering this is stage week, and the 3DS version is out first, this makes a ton of sense.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Next thing we know is that Doctor Mario will show up using his pills and syringes with defibrillators. Just no. At least Toon Link is a different iteration of Link, and I think the same goes for Paper Mario but I'm not sure. I consider Paper Mario different iteration of Mario. But anyways, no. Just mix the two movesets and keep his alt. Easy as that

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I predict the Pic Of The Day will be

Next thing we know is that Doctor Mario will show up using his pills and syringes with defibrillators. Just no. At least Toon Link is a different iteration of Link, and I think the same goes for Paper Mario but I'm not sure. I consider Paper Mario different iteration of Mario. But anyways, no. Just mix the two movesets and keep his alt. Easy as that
Me if paper mario got in

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I predict the Pic Of The Day will be

Me if paper mario got in
At least with Paper Mario he'd be nothing like Mario (please Sakurai), unlike Toon Link to Link when Toon Link had so much potential to be a lot different...but anyways, lets not get off topic

juddy96

Smash Lord
If they are planning on going all out, why not a veteran in POTD to throw off people expecting characters at SDCC, and then reveal a newcomer at SDCC.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
You know what would make a non-veteran reveal for the pic today? Ms. Pac-Man alt for Pacster

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Whatever the pic is there will be a post saying to check out Nintendo's 3ds tournament because there will be a "special surprise".

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'd be satisfied if Sakurai just reposts this pic:

image.jpg

Pic of the Day: Right down the Nabbit hole!

Hoping for a veteran like the rest of you. Expecting a whole lot of nothing.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Imagine if Falco, Ness, Wario, and Metaknight all got revealed... on Saturday :troll:

This thread would die.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Hoping for Wario. Expecting a veteran of any sort. It's been long enough and surely those press release pics were released for a reason.

Something good better end this week. It's been a strong week in terms of stages.

Maybe we'll get a cool trailer at comic-con... who knows!

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
This thread is missing about a hundred or so viewers.

Oh wait. It's still early for the PotD. My bad.

(I hope it's another stage...)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Inb4 Sakurai keeps us up all night waiting for filler

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Rather see Lucas over Ness if any Mother character getting revealed or a Mother stage at least.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Imagine if Falco, Ness, Wario, and Metaknight all got revealed... on Saturday :troll:

This thread would die.
Followed by Mewtwo, K Rool, Ridley, and Issac being revealed...on Sunday.

The board would be in maintenance until next month from all the traffic.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Inb4 Sakurai keeps us up all night waiting for filler
I have a bad feeling that this is going to happen, but then again I've had wrong guesses about the firday POTD before.

If it's not a filler, I'm gonna jump on the Ness bandwagon because it makes too much sense.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
It has been a good week until now. So I predict a filler pic tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom