• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, at this point a Geno trophy would be cool

I mean, there is probably only the 3 Gematsu characters left and none of them are Geno

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
But how does this relate to the reveal today
Most likely in no way at all. ^^ Pics rarely relate to reveals later in the day. Though, I am surprised Sakurai didn't at least mention the character reveal.

@ Shroob Shroob
We get it, he's not playable.

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
look the only rep from ubisoft worthy of being a character is rayman. not an assassin, not a rabbid, not a sam fisher. nobody else.

if rayman isn't in as a character ubisoft doesn't have a character in the game.

oh gosh what if its a rabbid? i would cry

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
wow

*2:30 am usually, pic is after 3 am*
*check threads and reading as usual this thread expecting not the pic*
*scrolls down as I still don't expect to be interesting*

I literally stopped any form of thinking and I had my mouth round open and said "what the F***?".

Well, this makes up for my probably hype loss at the reveal. Thanks Sakurai!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, I just..if I were Sakurai and they were so nice and kind I'd feel bad about keeping their character as a trophy only.

I'd be like ''Gee, shucks. You guys were so awesome about this. I think I'l make him a newcomer."

Wait....what if he ends up as DLC?!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
look the only rep from ubisoft worthy of being a character is rayman. not an assassin, not a rabbid, not a sam fisher. nobody else.

if rayman isn't in as a character ubisoft doesn't have a character in the game.

oh gosh what if its a rabbid? i would cry
Prince of Persia has had games on Nintendo systems from the SNES all the way up to the Wii. Don't think he would get in, but I think he would be next up after Rayman.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Third-party trophies huh?

Time for Geno. :smirk:

I have half a mind to delete the post that ninja'd me. :troll:
I wouldn't care. That's the most action he'll have gotten in over 10 years. That'd be amazing.

Still recovering my broken mind here. I cannot wrap my head around Rayman as a third-party trophy.

domokl

Smash Lord
The smash direct pic hinted at the content. But I don't see anything that rayman could hint at. I really doubt another third party character

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Something I wanted to mention. If DLC is happening like Gematsu Leak said. What does that mean for trophies of characters? I think that characters that are not stated that won't be playable, have a chance to become post-launch DLC.

So that includes both Wonder Red and Rayman as possible DLC choices.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The Rabbids are going to be confirmed playable instead of Rayman or Shulk.

Watch.

...I think that would actually make me cry and cringe.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Y'know, Sakurai posting Rayman was just one step likelier than him posting the secret of eternal youth on my list.

Gotta say, the man knows how to keep us guessing.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, I just..if I were Sakurai and they were so nice and kind I'd feel bad about keeping their character as a trophy only.

I'd be like ''Gee, shucks. You guys were so awesome about this. I think I'l make him a newcomer."

Wait....what if he ends up as DLC?!
SOLD! I'd pay mad cash for Rayman as DLC. Even if he was exclusive to a shady preorder bonus.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
See you guys later on tonight, when the REAL pic of the day is up and Krystal is destroying the competition.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
To be completely honest with you, I din’t know a better place to post this. This place seems like a nice, roomy place to visit for smash players, and I don’t want to go for blow and post this on GameFAQs or Neoseeker. Now, before you leave a nasty reply or something, read this throughly. I have some information on the Smash games.

This information comes from a past email I wrote to Nintendo of America. I asked about 4 characters, which were Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Palutena. I asked for whereabouts and if they were playable. My response was from Kevin Anderson, a fine gentleman. He said the natural: In that the final lineups are not available yet. However, he did say he will document these files and share them with other departments at Nintendo.

Earlier this week, I got an email. The man’s screen name was Ronolab. He said he also worked at Nintendo, and he was one of the people who received the files of my email. He said a few things about not only the 4 character’s being somewhere, but about the other characters said to appear on the roster.

Ridley: He, unfortunately, is the stage boss of Pyrosphere. His attacks will include striking the opponent with his tail, as well as the Plasma Breath ability. The entire body is a hotbox, unlike the Yellow Devil, but hitting him in the mouth when and after he uses the Plasma Breath will do a tad bit more damage.

King K. Rool: Ronolab stated King K. Rool as an Assist Trophy that could be unlocked by clearing Classic Mode, which was returning, with both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool’s attacks are similar to how Saki had many abilities, but the ones he knows of include the crown toss, and firing cannonballs from the blunderbuss.

Mewtwo: The man said he was a returning character, in that he is not only requested by a solidified amount in the Japanese, but like he did with Little Mac, to please the western audience. Mewtwo has a slightly revamped moveset. His attacks returning from Melee include the Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, but Aura Sphere would appear as his side special, and function similar to Crash Bomber in Mega Man’s arsenal.

Returning Fighters: Ronolab did not leak too much information on Returning Characters. He did reveal Jigglypuff was returning, and that one of her customizable moves includes a wider hotbox for rest, but much, much less damage. Game & Watch was also returning, and that his design from the Pac-Man trailer would be the final design for him in game. Ronolab said this would making a slight bit harder to hit for such a light character to balance it out. The final thing he said was Snake was gone, but a trophy of him would remain in the game.

Newcomers: Here is the big one. Ronolab leaked a total of 7 newcomers, and a tad bit about each of them. The first newcomer was Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Chrom would have a completely different move set from the other 2 charactes in the game, and that the only 2 moves he would keep was the chargeable Neutral Special, and the counter. He backed this to some extent with a Side Special: Dual Strike, and that it would with,well, 2 hits, each doing similar amounts of percentage. The second was Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. He would move similar to Ike and Link, in a sort of medium-slow manner. His Monaldo would be able to unleash powerful sword and magic attacks as well. The 3rd was one I did not expect: Karate Joe from the Rhythm Heaven series. He was selected of all of the plausible candidates because he seemed like he would fit best, being a fighter. The attack he said would be his Neutral Special, was the bomb, and that it would act a lot like the Burst Grenade. The 4th was Takamaru. His inclusion would represent the east well and due to the fact the game was recently released via Virtual Console, but only to Europe. His attacks include swinging his sword for generic standard abilities, but he could also throw knives and use the Tanooki in some way. The 5th was Dark Pit. He revealed that his trailer would be some of a continuation of the Palutena trailer, which would involve him dueling with her and plausibly Pit. His attacks would not be a clone though. His Silver Bow is completely different from Pits other than the fact it shoots arrows of solidified energy, but travels slower and has KO ability. He would also use the weapons from his battles in Uprising, such as the Dark Pit staff and Ogre Club. The 6th was The Bandanna Wearing Waddle Dee, or Bandanna Dee, from the Kirby series. His attacks include the obvious Spear Copter and stabbing multiple times, and he would be a sort of Glass Cannon. The 7th and final one was a choice I could not take seriously. The Mach Rider, seemingly, would be getting a reboot on the Wii U, titled Mach Rider U, simply, and he would join the game because of it. He would have a strange mechanic, in that he would pull out the bike for some attacks, such as the lasers. Off bike he would be a fast character who would rack up damage.

Now, I know this leak is credible to some extent, but take it with a grain of salt. I hold no credibility, but Ronolab could be correct. Gematsu was though. But let’s wait

Well I found the "Snake is cut but still a trophy" leak

Let's say there is a Ubisoft character in the game, what character would it be other then Rayman? The only one I can think of is the Rabbids and I highly doubt it'll be the Rabbids. That would be a terrible decision.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
To be completely honest with you, I din’t know a better place to post this. This place seems like a nice, roomy place to visit for smash players, and I don’t want to go for blow and post this on GameFAQs or Neoseeker. Now, before you leave a nasty reply or something, read this throughly. I have some information on the Smash games.

This information comes from a past email I wrote to Nintendo of America. I asked about 4 characters, which were Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Palutena. I asked for whereabouts and if they were playable. My response was from Kevin Anderson, a fine gentleman. He said the natural: In that the final lineups are not available yet. However, he did say he will document these files and share them with other departments at Nintendo.

Earlier this week, I got an email. The man’s screen name was Ronolab. He said he also worked at Nintendo, and he was one of the people who received the files of my email. He said a few things about not only the 4 character’s being somewhere, but about the other characters said to appear on the roster.

Ridley: He, unfortunately, is the stage boss of Pyrosphere. His attacks will include striking the opponent with his tail, as well as the Plasma Breath ability. The entire body is a hotbox, unlike the Yellow Devil, but hitting him in the mouth when and after he uses the Plasma Breath will do a tad bit more damage.

King K. Rool: Ronolab stated King K. Rool as an Assist Trophy that could be unlocked by clearing Classic Mode, which was returning, with both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool’s attacks are similar to how Saki had many abilities, but the ones he knows of include the crown toss, and firing cannonballs from the blunderbuss.

Mewtwo: The man said he was a returning character, in that he is not only requested by a solidified amount in the Japanese, but like he did with Little Mac, to please the western audience. Mewtwo has a slightly revamped moveset. His attacks returning from Melee include the Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, but Aura Sphere would appear as his side special, and function similar to Crash Bomber in Mega Man’s arsenal.

Returning Fighters: Ronolab did not leak too much information on Returning Characters. He did reveal Jigglypuff was returning, and that one of her customizable moves includes a wider hotbox for rest, but much, much less damage. Game & Watch was also returning, and that his design from the Pac-Man trailer would be the final design for him in game. Ronolab said this would making a slight bit harder to hit for such a light character to balance it out. The final thing he said was Snake was gone, but a trophy of him would remain in the game.

Newcomers: Here is the big one. Ronolab leaked a total of 7 newcomers, and a tad bit about each of them. The first newcomer was Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Chrom would have a completely different move set from the other 2 charactes in the game, and that the only 2 moves he would keep was the chargeable Neutral Special, and the counter. He backed this to some extent with a Side Special: Dual Strike, and that it would with,well, 2 hits, each doing similar amounts of percentage. The second was Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. He would move similar to Ike and Link, in a sort of medium-slow manner. His Monaldo would be able to unleash powerful sword and magic attacks as well. The 3rd was one I did not expect: Karate Joe from the Rhythm Heaven series. He was selected of all of the plausible candidates because he seemed like he would fit best, being a fighter. The attack he said would be his Neutral Special, was the bomb, and that it would act a lot like the Burst Grenade. The 4th was Takamaru. His inclusion would represent the east well and due to the fact the game was recently released via Virtual Console, but only to Europe. His attacks include swinging his sword for generic standard abilities, but he could also throw knives and use the Tanooki in some way. The 5th was Dark Pit. He revealed that his trailer would be some of a continuation of the Palutena trailer, which would involve him dueling with her and plausibly Pit. His attacks would not be a clone though. His Silver Bow is completely different from Pits other than the fact it shoots arrows of solidified energy, but travels slower and has KO ability. He would also use the weapons from his battles in Uprising, such as the Dark Pit staff and Ogre Club. The 6th was The Bandanna Wearing Waddle Dee, or Bandanna Dee, from the Kirby series. His attacks include the obvious Spear Copter and stabbing multiple times, and he would be a sort of Glass Cannon. The 7th and final one was a choice I could not take seriously. The Mach Rider, seemingly, would be getting a reboot on the Wii U, titled Mach Rider U, simply, and he would join the game because of it. He would have a strange mechanic, in that he would pull out the bike for some attacks, such as the lasers. Off bike he would be a fast character who would rack up damage.

Now, I know this leak is credible to some extent, but take it with a grain of salt. I hold no credibility, but Ronolab could be correct. Gematsu was though. But let’s wait

This is...distressing.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I like how the caption doesn't even mention the decision to make trophies of 3rd parties at all. He's just like, "Yeah Ubisoft was really nice about that Rayman trophy that you all totally knew was going to be a thing".

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is NOT going to be an Ubisoft character in smash

Remember, Ubisoft is a company that refuses to develop games for Nintendo

domokl

Smash Lord
The leak disconfirms ridley and krool so I insta don't like it. It seems somewhat believable though.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I know it isn't true.........Why do you haf 2 do this 2 me!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Curious.

No mention of Ubisoft at the bottom.

What does this mean?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait....wouldn't this mean legally since he's a trophy in game that Ubisoft and any other companies with third party trophies would have to be given a copyright label on the website/box art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom