• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think you're misinterpreting it. Find Mii had him change your color, which I assume is the case here based on the "just like the original game" comment.
I actually don't recall him doing this.
Does he do it when you try to use magic on him? I've heard he's immune to magic, so I've just attacked him directly every time I fought him.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Boxing Ring - Walk-offs and falling lights
Arena Ferox - Probably a good one
Prism Tower - Yeah, also probably a good one
Rainbow Road - Shy Guys in karts
Tortimer's Island - Dat Shark tho.

I may sound picky but there are some cheap kills that can happen on some of these stages.

I like winning because of skill, not winning because oh no he got eaten by a shark.

It's fun sometimes, I just prefer playing on straightforward stages.
I thought Tortimer's Island was also a walk off. Am i wrong?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No, I don't Think Tortimer Island is a Walk Off. Step into the water too Close to the edge, and you will fall into a 'pit', as you can't swim anymore. So, technically, it's not a walk-off.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 Friday's PotD is a Wario Mii Brawler and not Wario himself, and just to screw with us he doesn't confirm Wario until next Friday.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Even if we don't get Wario, I think we might get a veteran anyway.

Meta Knight and Ice Climbers seem like they would be featured in a Direct, though.
To highlight their changes and nerfs.

Wario, Ness, Falco, and Captain Falcon are possible.
I just think that out of these, Wario is the safest bet by far. The other three can very well be secret (Falco will be probably, the other two are arguable, as they could be starter again).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Even if we don't get Wario, I think we might get a veteran anyway.

Meta Knight and Ice Climbers seem like they would be featured in a Direct, though.
To highlight their changes and nerfs.

Wario, Ness, Falco, and Captain Falcon are possible.
I just think that out of these, Wario is the safest bet by far. The other three can very well be secret (Falco will be probably, the other two are arguable, as they could be starter again).
I'd wager G&W could be on that list too because of his tease in Pac-Man's trailer.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're at 29 right now and the record is 46, meaning that Sakurai could hold off until July 28th to beat the record, which is a Monday. Given how every non Direct related character reveal this year has been on a Friday, that means that the 11th (31), 18th (38), and 25th (45) are the most likely days. The wait between the Direct and Ike was 45 so the 25th seems like the most likely day but it could easily be sooner than that.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We're at 29 right now and the record is 46, meaning that Sakurai could hold off until July 28th to beat the record, which is a Monday. Given how every non Direct related character reveal this year has been on a Friday, that means that the 11th (31), 18th (38), and 25th (45) are the most likely days. The wait between the Direct and Ike was 45 so the 25th seems like the most likely day but it could easily be sooner than that.
The 25th? That would be a day before my birthday. And we all know who Sakurai would reveal for my birthday...
Olimar, because he was my Brawl main.
Oh wait, we have him. Then Pit, he was my second.
Um, how about my third, Lucas?
Please don't cut him Sakurai, please

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Implying that competitive players don't have fun.

I'm not hating on the gimmicky stages, I'm just annoyed that that seems to be all the 3DS has.

I like playing on gimmicky stages every once in a while (Warioware happens to be one of my personal favorites), but I love a good balance between gimmicky stages and straightforward ones. And I'm not seeing any straightforward ones on 3DS aside from Battlefield and probably Final Destination.

Well don't worry, we had a PotD a while ago of FD Gerudo Valley, so the 3DS has them as well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just watch like Nintendo have some sort of "Build your World" Game, and they show a trailer for it, and at the end of it they just show the Ice Climbers walk up;
"It's been over 10 years since our last game..."
"Why not make our own?"
Y'know, cause this world needs more Conker.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That Mii costume makes him look like 9-volt from Warioware.
Small, Yellow Mii Gunner with that Helmet.
9-Volt Confirmed.
Dream came true.
9-Volt was confirmed at E3 in the form of Miis.
ILUVUSAKURAI

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I still believe this is the week this is the week for the first veteran after E3, though what do I know.
I'd say next week is more probable. Ike was around the 16th, no? That 3rd week seems more usual.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Poor Mii fighters always get yelled at by everyone even in PotD's where they simply show their face and aren't really even the main focus in them..... He just wanted to show his shiny new helmet....

Ah well. Good thing I don't mind them I guess...

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I found today's caption to be a bit confusing. As others have noticed, the Dark Emperor didn't have different effects based on your colors, but the Mii Warriors themselves had different magic by color. It'll be interesting to try the stage and see what's actually going on. I wonder just how many of the real hats they'll put in because there were a ton of them in Mii Plaza.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Poor Mii fighters always get yelled at by everyone even in PotD's where they simply show their face and aren't really even the main focus in them..... He just wanted to show his shiny new helmet....

Ah well. Good thing I don't mind them I guess...
For me, it's just that they're there that's bothering me.

As I've said before, I know that most of PoTDs will not have new info, but it was okay because it's HD Smash Bros and it looks amazing.
But Miis in 1080p look exactly the same as Miis in 480p.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I had really been hoping for the Miis to look as outstanding as the ones in Nintendo Land, which uses a slightly different style but nevertheless actually manages to make the Miis look great. I'm a bit disappointed the ones in Smash Wii U don't look like that.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I had really been hoping for the Miis to look as outstanding as the ones in Nintendo Land, which uses a slightly different style but nevertheless actually manages to make the Miis look great. I'm a bit disappointed the ones in Smash Wii U don't look like that.
Next your going to say that they should make G&W into a 3D model.
#LeavetheSpritesAlone.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Quick Question: Does anyone know if one can get a Mii Force hat for their Mii from playing said game? If so, the Mii Fighter may be able to wear Streetpass hats.

TripleDeluxe

Smash Rookie
NNID
IkeClimbers
3DS FC
2294-4644-5316
So, as of lately, I have started to realize that Sakurai is posting less and less important pictures, and I'm starting to be disappointed. After the Smash Bros. Direct, he posted smaller images of the new characters, and some minor details in them. The only big reveal after the Smash Direct was Ike. Now, after E3 2014, he was posting minor things, and nothing big to this day, and most of the big things were discussed by Youtubers. Here's my question, is Sakurai slowly making less important post's after big Smash events, or is it because Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is coming out?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Personally I'm sick of all the mii pictures.... tonight Im still hoping is Wario. I hope the leak is true. two more days....

Shroob

Sup?
Basically, he's stalling for time. The 3ds game comes out in almost 2 months time from now, so he's going to stretch out the wait as much as he can with filler and 'meh' pics.

Sad though, because we'll probably know everything there is to know before the game even comes out.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Speaking of Nintendoland, I'm honestly surprised it isn't a stage in this iteration of Smash Bros. I mean there's still time, and I still think it will happen, but I find it strange that its not a thing yet, especially with all this Mii coverage lately. Calling Nintendoland Wii U stage on Friday. For tonight? Um..........Magnus? Tingle maybe?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Speaking of Nintendoland, I'm honestly surprised it isn't a stage in this iteration of Smash Bros. I mean there's still time, and I still think it will happen, but I find it strange that its not a thing yet, especially with all this Mii coverage lately. Calling Nintendoland Wii U stage on Friday. For tonight? Um..........Magnus? Tingle maybe?
I'd say there's about 30 stages still to be revealed for the Wii U version. I don't know why Sakurai isn't showing stages as frequently this time around.

Basically, he's stalling for time. The 3ds game comes out in almost 2 months time from now, so he's going to stretch out the wait as much as he can with filler and 'meh' pics.

Sad though, because we'll probably know everything there is to know before the game even comes out.
I'm not sure if he's stalling. Maybe for a few weeks, but the weeks leading up to the games release should have PotD's that hype the hell out of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom