• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
If the Mii Plaza hats are all wearable, I'm making my Captain Falcon Mii a Brawler Mii and making him wear the Captain Falcon Helmet hat and having him fight 1 v 1 with Captain Falcon.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Google Translate is actually very accurate.

It's just that Japanese legit doesn't make any real linguistic sense.

Hence why Japan is so weird.
I think @CliffJumper tried to pretend to talk in French with it and as a native speaker, It's not accurate at all. I think French has a sense so...

Btw, that update is interesting. Not going to explain but it's also an update that indirectly support my toughs on ridley being playable. Though, I may explain that on his thread later.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wait, the Dark Emperor causes the status buffs? Not the imprisoned Mii?

Does this mean that the Mii is only part of the background?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, at least we got two bits of information. Sakurai could easily have given us just the Mii saying 'OMG LOOK AT HIS HELMET I'M SO CLEVER AND META'...

But we got a small stage tidbit too. Lucky us.

Hong

The Strongest
Goodness gracious. Everything about Mii Fighter screams "gimmick".

I seriously hope they provide an immense amount of fun to compensate for being a blackhole of development time. While it's not like the staff are going to be spending too much time balancing this stage, it still requires an immense amount of attention.

If it turns out to be fun enough, though, I have no qualms with sticking my foot in my mouth. Just not feeling too good about it right now.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, at least we got two bits of information. Sakurai could easily have given us just the Mii saying 'OMG LOOK AT HIS HELMET I'M SO CLEVER AND META'...

But we got a small stage tidbit too. Lucky us.
That actually makes me think that it has to do with stage.

Therefore, I was right. I just simply can't understand that day for different reasons.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm going to say that I actually like Miis. I also don't mind having so many Pic of the Days directed to them; they have a lot more customization and moves than the other fighters after all, and require the most explaining.

But that's off point because the pic today wasn't really about the Mii itself; it was about the Find Mii stage, and how the Dark Emperor grants character buffs. The Mii happened to be in the pic, and Sakurai commented on his hat. Chill the hell out, people.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of Miis myself, I will probably never play as them. Although the whole "Miis getting shoved down our throats" thing

They've been in 4 pictures since E3. Four. That's it.

In other news, I'd like some info on some current characters that weren't playable at the demo. Peach, Charizard, Diddy, Ike... Sakurai you do remember these guys, right?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Assuming that the Dark Emperor is indeed a boss hazard, I think what he's saying is that whoever manages to 'defeat' him will get a status buff depending on their color scheme.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Okay seriously, too much Mii pics. This is like the 5th one in a month's span. Some other characters, mostly some veterans, could use some attention too you know.

(of course I want more Palutena, Pit, and Bowser)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm actually interested in what the status effects are. I wonder if it's a mistranslation, and it means that he'll change outline color or something and that boosts their powers, instead of this "player 1 gets a boost now" stuff.

By no means is this filler. This actually changes the dynamic of the stage greatly. For better or for worse. As D1 would put it, "BANNED".

EDIT: Or he's a stage boss and whoever deals the final blow gets the boost. Like a pseudo-Wily's Castle.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The more hazards/stage gimmicks get revealed, the more it seems like Final Destination mode was a necessary evil to compensate.

Let me translate his comment more directly:

Find Mii is definitely a banned stage. It grants advantages either based on controller port, team color, or costume color. None of these things are possible to be equally available to all players making this a rare example of a stage that is actually unfair in the most literal meaning of the word.

I think you're misinterpreting it. Find Mii had him change your color, which I assume is the case here based on the "just like the original game" comment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So much salt here... :salt::shaker:

Anyway, I wonder what Sakurai means by fighter's color (the Japanese comment uses this term too)... For all we know, it could be the costume choice, player number or team color, so I feel the comment is a little vague. However, characters are usually referred to as fighters in official information, which gives me a gut feeling that what it refers to is the costume choice.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
For tomorrows picture I predict a close up of a Mii's face and the caption will be about how well rounded and smooth Mii's faces are. Plus there will be a second picture with Kirby and the caption for that will be that no roundness can compare to Kirby.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Please tell me this means that Donkey Kong can summon Wandering Bunny Heroes when he's on that stage

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like pics of the Mii's too. But, they have 36 special moves between them, and Sakurai comments on his hat.

Honestly, I'm pumped to use Mii's in this game. I'm SO making a Jon Snow Mii Swordsman.

In other news, I'd like some info on some current characters that weren't playable at the demo. Peach, Charizard, Diddy, Ike... Sakurai you do remember these guys, right?
I agree with this though. The PotD's are struggling to always be exciting because there are so many characters. We get info on one character, but scream for another. I miss the info dumps we used to get on the Dojo.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I gotta applaud you on that find, so quickly.

You should join GameXplain.

Well this deserves some discussion, could even lessen the salty tsunami that's a brewing.
Heh, I just recognized it because I play Mii Force quite a bit. It's actually a pretty good side-scrolling shooter, and was made by the same people that made Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Still, that whole Dark Emperor causing status changes is odd. In Find Mii he only debuffed your Miis by lowering their level, so I'm not really sure what to make of it. Like people are saying, it would make the most sense if these boosts were given upon defeating the boss, but that doesn't really explain Sakurai's comment that it's "just like in the original game." The only people that gave your characters boosts were the other Miis that you recruited.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Nothing new to see here folks! Just Sakurai drinking saki before getting on Miiverse and in his lowered inhibitions state of mind posting the wrong picture yet again! So ****ing sick of Miis!!!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not a fan of Miis myself, I will probably never play as them. Although the whole "Miis getting shoved down our throats" thing

They've been in 4 pictures since E3. Four. That's it.

That's 3 more than Palutena. Probably 2 more if not 3 more than Pac Man.

There is a total case of favoritism in terms of information towards them. We've gotten so much information about them. Hell we didn't get any information detailing Palutena until YESTERDAY.

So please don't even. Yes, as a supporter of the Miis being here, I will say I feel as if they're getting far more attention than the other 2 newcomers at E3.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The more hazards/stage gimmicks get revealed, the more it seems like Final Destination mode was a necessary evil to compensate.

I think you're misinterpreting it. Find Mii had him change your color, which I assume is the case here based on the "just like the original game" comment.
Wait, did it? I have never played Find Mii so I wouldn't know that, and if that's the case, that's fine. I was just thinking "well, only one person can be the red Mega Man, and that's actually fundamentally unfair in a way no smash stage has ever been before if the stage rewards that". It does seem oddly worded in the comment to mean that though; it says he grants you powers based on your color as though your color is a pre-existing thing. Are you suggesting he arbitrarily grants you colors and then power-ups based on those?

I've long held people are just way too squeamish about hazards and stage interactions and that being a good player is about being able to actually deal with what's in the game, but this comment definitely puts me on high alert since it's an absolute must that a stage not grant any player a mechanical advantage (noting that "player" and "character" are not synonyms).

Last edited:

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Sakurai. You revealed Pac-Man and Palutena too, yet you choose to drown us in pictures of Miis, characters people care the less about? Miis over Pac-Man? Seriously?
Makes sense from his standpoint. Your already sold on Pacman and Palutena, he has no need to build your hype. Obviously he's going to hype the less popular character so that people start to understand him and warm up to the idea of him.

Marketing 101, Sakurai went to class.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm still utterly confused on what the dark emperors ability is. But I will say that mii costume is incredibly awesome.

This stage does seem fun even with a strange gimmick.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, gotta admit, a bit tired of the Miis. I like the customizable character aspect. It's cool. But so much work has gone into them it's just slightly baffling. To make matters worse, Sakurai seems intent to show us just how much effort was out into them by constantly showing them in POTDs.

Not trying to be greedy. I want more Pac-Man info, but I know there are several characters out there that could be focused on as well. But all these Mii updates. Just... tired of it, honestly.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, gotta admit, a bit tired of the Miis. I like the customizable character aspect. It's cool. But so much work has gone into them it's just slightly baffling. To make matters worse, Sakurai seems intent to show us just how much effort was out into them by constantly showing them in POTDs.

Not trying to be greedy. I want more Pac-Man info, but I know there are several characters out there that could be focused on as well. But all these Mii updates. Just... tired of it, honestly.
That's how I feel bout Palutena needing more info. She's the only other character besides those... Miis... that have 12 unique specials rather than alternative versions of existing moves, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know which ones are for which specials, which ones are her original ones, and you get the idea. Add that with wanting her other costumes being shown or even talk about her Final Smash.
And don't forget some of the veterans that haven't had spotlight in a long time, with Lucario easily being a great example.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ignoring the salt, this update... I'm not happy about.

The stage is just too gimmicky. (>_>)

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Lol we don't need any more info on Pac Man, we've seen most of his moveset and it's easy to see/infer how they'll work anyways. The Galaga, Mappy, Dig Dug, and Xevious summons are likely a custom move replacing the Bonus Fruit.

As for Palutena, we've seen most of her moves and all of her custom special moves, the only thing I'd be curious about is which moves are default and which are not.

Bring on dem Mii updates.

I'm not-so-secretly disappointed at every update that is not a character reveal this week doe, to be honest/frank/blunt/truthful.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh look, a fun stage I can play on with my friends.
Because my life isn't a tournament 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

It's fun knowing I can have fun with the whole game. Wee!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why did you said the same thing about 75m?

Sounds like there was rude debates.
Ah, I'm just poking fun.
Everyone has their reasons for not liking certain updates. A lot of it is because they're competitively minded all the time. I am not, so I let myself have fun with things that would normally be banned in tournaments. Aren't I such a ******* for liking things like that? :troll:

But, like I said, everyone has their reasons.

Last edited:

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351
The fact that Miis are getting more PotD's than Palutena and Pac-Man could be the definition of "Miis being force fed into every game" but I don't care, the miis are becoming more awesome at the moment.

Anyway, this pic amuses me with some good info about Find Mii.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I've always liked that Mii Force hat, so not a bad update in my mind. Yeah we have seen a bunch of Mii stuff lately, but there is a lot to know about them. I'm sure we will get more on Pac-Man/Palutena/Others soon enough.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Love the salt I'm reading in this thread tonight. So much disliking towards the Miis. I myself am not a big fan of them but I'm not a fan of Palutena or Pac-man either so if Sakurai insists on showing the newest newcomers I'll gladly take the constant amount of Mii pictures over any Palutena ones. I'm okay with Pac-Man being shown some more too I guess.

That being said, this picture is just...odd. It's more about the stage but the caption is worded in such a way that it tells us something yet nothing at the same time and the Mii was pretty much just a little bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom