• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
"Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up."

Ninja'd

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Swift Fox has performed his magic once again. How does he do it?
You actually beat him the first time for this pic of the day.

But like I said he has a time loop, he off's himself every time someone beats him and knows exactly when it's coming and how fast he needs to be.

You posted it first in a time line that no longer exist. Congratz.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!

EDIT: That ninja by less than a second just because I accidentally closed the tab.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is on the fact that Swift Fox ***** his refresh button (F5) every three seconds around this time of night on weekdays just so he can brag about being the "first" to post a new potd here on smashboards and is purposely taking his sweet time tonight just to troll S. Fox ;)
I didn't even pressed F5 or refresh button, at least on Miiverse site.

Swift Fox has performed his magic once again. How does he do it?

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
That's an up-smash??? Palutena confirmed for god-tier, holy crap! That move is literally 4x her own height. Edge-gaurding with her is gonna be a breeze.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bahaha, doesn't flinch xD truly a miraculous usmash and to my knowledge there's been no mention of smashes being customizable, only specials.

Edit: Oh wait, those are two different moves. :/ Well the first one looks good but that second ones lack of flinching, can imagine most people won't use it.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
You actually beat him the first time for this pic of the day.

But like I said he has a time loop, he off's himself every time someone beats him and knows exactly when it's coming and how fast he needs to be.

You posted it first in a time line that no longer exist. Congratz.
No, Swift Fox managed to post it right before I did. I came close, but I know how I can get it by a second faster. Night guys!

pickle962

Smash Lord
To all smashers out there, I issue you this challenge, using clips from Palutena's reveal trailer that specifically have her in it, make a small music video set to this lovely little number from Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt (Gainax's weirdest animated production in the last few years)

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, we got what we wanted.

It feels bittersweet to me, but hey, new info is new info. I'm also digging the return of Diddy's yellow palette.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I have an Atari 7800. The controllers are weird

Come on, post that caption Sakurai
Ya I was thinking I might just use genesis controllers... I have a really nice pair of 3rd party atari 2600 controllers but if I have the 7800 then.... Yeah.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Jesus christ, that up-smash looks ridiculous! Hopefully it isnt too quick, or Palutena could be completely unapproachable from the air.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Heavenly Light is a special correct? Her up smash looks like the new thunder hahaha

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Up-Smashes are among my preferred kill-moves. Heck, they're one of my favorites types of moves in general.

So I might be looking at a potential main right now :p

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
That's an up-smash?! Holy wow. Oooh and Yellow Diddy comes back. That's good news. I really like that palette. Hoping the purple comes back as well.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Bally Holes dat range.

Hmm....I kinda wonder if it works in the same way that Snake's up smash did.

With the range and power becoming longer and stronger as she charges it.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
That's an up-smash??? Palutena confirmed for god-tier, holy crap! That move is literally 4x her own height. Edge-gaurding with her is gonna be a breeze.
When you guard the edge, you don't guard against people thirty feet straight over you.

-

I would pick my brains off the ceiling, but her up-smash reached there too.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That's an up smash? Wow, that's going to have a ton of utility; I bet that hits the top platform on Battlefield from the ground. We'll have to see the rest of Palutena's moveset, but if she aspires to be a spatial control character, that move sure is an excellent start.

Heavenly Light I'm a bit less sold on. That area is huge which is nice, but that animation makes me suspect it won't be quick and a not quick move that is guaranteed not to do hitstun is just a huge risk. Of course, we also don't know if customization will pan out to be tournament legal, and if not, we then have to play the guessing game of which four Palutena specials are the defaults. There's a real chance this move won't be a thing; we'll have to see.

Hong

The Strongest
Why do all of these new character seem so OP? I hope that's a fully charged up smash...
Because you don't understand the match-up yet. People are inherently afraid of what they don't understand.

Palutena looks like a strong zoner, but I'm not impressed yet. I'll have to see her in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom