• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus that up smash is ridiculous. I wonder how she is going to be balanced with that. Someone here said she might be Smash's answer to MvC3 Dormammu. I like that concept. I hope that's what they do, I can't see her being balanced any other way.

I really like heavenly light though, everything about the move is cool.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*Fully anticipating tomorrows pic to be another attack that has range*
"Pic of the Day. If you thought Mii Gunner and Palutena had smashes with extreme range, check out Pac-Man's updated down smash! Ghosts launch across the entire stage and then go upwards! Where's your god(dess) now?!"

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Bally Holes dat range.

Hmm....I kinda wonder if it works in the same way that Snake's up smash did.

With the range and power becoming longer and stronger as she charges it.
Definitely makes sense and hopefully that is the case. Could be the same way with the Mii Gunner's side smash.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know what's even more funny? I said I used advertising in my posts but now, that was not on purpose. The first post you do on every pages is the one that has your sig and mine is a link to my thread.

I think you get the connection: I accidentally advertised my thread on the best post of 4 pages in the thread. Let's see what happens when people will check it during the day but lol just that is crazy.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Her up smash sure has some range. A weakness in using that attack is that it strikes right in front of her, so you'll have to position her correctly. Or, it could be to one's advantage to not have to have the opponent directly above them in order for it to hit. So it comes with its blessing and its curse.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's always good to see more Palutena. With that said, I'm not seeing the OP-ness, especially looking at the trailer. While her up smash might be able to get opponents easily, it's not a KO move by any means.

Still, it will have utility so thats good. :3

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Uh....DAT RANGE! But the question is how much startup and recovery does it have?

Regardless, Solid Snake, eat your heart out!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Jesus that up smash is ridiculous. I wonder how she is going to be balanced with that. Someone here said she might be Smash's answer to MvC3 Dormammu. I like that concept. I hope that's what they do, I can't see her being balanced any other way.
If this is her up smash and the thing with the wings or the kick is her up-tilt, she is going to have terrible options for enemies that are already on-top of her.

Not having the up smash actually cover the character is a big problem. She will probably be a character who is able to keep people out for a long time, but gets blown up if she messes up. We'll see.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Pic of the Day. If you thought Mii Gunner and Palutena had smashes with extreme range, check out Pac-Man's updated down smash! Ghosts launch across the entire stage and then go upwards! Where's your god(dess) now?!"
Pic of the day. If you thought the attack photos from the last three days had range, check out Ridley. He takes up the whole stage already!"

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
@ LordShade67 LordShade67 Judging from the trailer, the startup and recovery look pretty normal actually. It's really the fact that it doesn't cover the character like big boi @ Hong Hong stated in his post. You'll have to face the right direction and activate it before they get on top of ya in order to strike 'em.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
That's an up smash? Wow, that's going to have a ton of utility; I bet that hits the top platform on Battlefield from the ground. We'll have to see the rest of Palutena's moveset, but if she aspires to be a spatial control character, that move sure is an excellent start.

Heavenly Light I'm a bit less sold on. That area is huge which is nice, but that animation makes me suspect it won't be quick and a not quick move that is guaranteed not to do hitstun is just a huge risk. Of course, we also don't know if customization will pan out to be tournament legal, and if not, we then have to play the guessing game of which four Palutena specials are the defaults. There's a real chance this move won't be a thing; we'll have to see.
I hear Fox cannot short hop laser anymore, which, if true, the no-flinch special craps all over Fox's legendary transcendent poke.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If this is her up smash and the thing with the wings or the kick is her up-tilt, she is going to have terrible options for enemies that are already on-top of her.

Not having the up smash actually cover the character is a big problem. She will probably be a character who is able to keep people out for a long time, but gets blown up if she messes up. We'll see.
It kinda depends. If she has a good jab and/or a special move that can get her out of trouble in those situations, it will go a long way. Like with G&W in Brawl, my utilt sucks and my usmash is good but hits on something awful like frame 22 but I don't care about getting people off me because up special is a super good escape that also plows through anything my opponent might want to do above me (so high priority it clashes with Super Sonic!). I really do think this up smash is promising as an individual unit, but yeah, the rest of the moveset is definitely important context to how well it will play out.

Last edited:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
You can see the upsmash used on DK in the trailer @ 1:47

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Everyone was going bananas over Palutena but Is that Battlefield without platforms? Would be interesting if you can just turn the platforms off for stages.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You can see the upsmash used on DK in the trailer @ 1:47

We did... But I always assumed it was a special of some kind.
It being a smash move changes it up quite significantly.
Everyone was going bananas over Palutena but Is that Battlefield without platforms? Would be interesting if you can just turn the platforms off for stages.
It's the final destination version. Been confirmed since the Smash Bros direct.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Battlefield is among the stages that will have a Final Destination version.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's quite an impressive up-smash. But I doubt it will be too powerful when it comes to knockback. Palutena seems to be the type that favors range over raw strength, which is a good mix-up of things.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Jesus christ, that up-smash looks ridiculous! Hopefully it isnt too quick, or Palutena could be completely unapproachable from the air.
....Lol, she's still pretty vulnerable from behind. Surely some kind of follow-up is available, anyway...

Hong

The Strongest
....Lol, she's still pretty vulnerable from behind. Surely some kind of follow-up is available, anyway...
Also, you'll have to be pretty precise to beat a number of frontal attacks with far reach, as well. I'd imagine a disjointed hitbox like Marth's will clank, if not bypass it.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena's Up Smash has quite the range, but I'd say it better have some kind of drawback because it might end up being overpowered.

By the looks of it, it seems Palutena becomes vulnerable to attacks from behind when using this attack. Most Up Smashes cover the area above the characters, while this one attacks characters in front of her.

Heavenly Light works just like how it did in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Continuous damage on a large area and doesn't make the foes flinch. I wonder if you'll be able to move while using it.

Last edited:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
The upsmash doesn't look that amazing and I predict to balance it they made it weaker the higher it is with the sweetspot being nearest to her body

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
*Fully anticipating tomorrows pic to be another attack that has range*
"Pic of the day. Yes those last two pictures sure showed off impressive range, but check out Ridley's attacks! No matter where you are on the stage he can hit you with any of his attacks! Best part is, he doesn't have to move an inch, which is advised, since you don't want to fall off the stage, after all.

Oh, did I forget to mention Ridley was playable? Silly me."

Luigi player

Smash Master
Damn, dat upsmash! Good bye air-camping with these attacks. I wonder how it'll look if you use it in front of an edge, will the light come from "nothing" in the air? I guess it will...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bout time we got some Palutena...I was sick of those damn Miis.
Mii too.

:D

Nah, I like Miis.

And yes, Palutena is very volnerable from behind here. But then again, aren't Palutena, ZSS, etc, Always that? *banned*

Prediction! Tomorrow will have a brand New Stage, Item OR Assist Trophy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ahaha! I was right!

man Palutena is a beast. Totally gonna try and main her after I likely unlock her.

D

Deleted member

So....

We got Mii info the other day, Palutena today... Pac Man tomorrow? End with a veteran?
That'll only take us to Thursday though. Maybe some Peach or Ike info for once? I wonder if Sakurai remembers revealing them.

D

Deleted member

I just want to know if Ike's jab is unchanged.

But finally, a Palutena picture. The last time she was featured was the Home Run Contest one, and she wasn't even the focus.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I accidently slept 10 minutes before the POTD.

First time I see the thread not salty

Checked and I see diddy kong being rekt from the booty.

This Up-Smash is insanely tall, you guys think the longer it charges the higher it goes? (Charging meaning like Wario's fart capacity)

Or players can just spam this move/Charge it while edge guarding for a lot of damage.

Palutena is gonna be the new pikachu, if you prefer the air, you're getting destroyed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom