• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Any reason for thinking we'll be getting a veteran this week? Or is it just the usual hype that's generated from the overwhelming desire to see a veteran towards the end of every week?
I'm guessing its more then 2nd one.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
That arm cannon looks really suave~
Inb4 people going "OH NO, they're putting EFFORT on the Mii Fighters! THE HUMANITY!"
You missed the inb4:
With the amount of emphasis on customization, you'd think they'd do this sort of thing for everyone else. Seeing Miis in a suit, cowboy, and having tron esque costumes while Link doesn't get a proper alt is just bs to me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Huh, I always figured Conan O'Brien would have been a Brawler, not a Gunner. PotD proved me wrong.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina's new alt looks like fire Peach from SM3DW and if we get the returning color palettes from brawl that means Peach is gonna have an alt that looks like fire Rosalina:

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Calling it now, all week only costumes, Friday we get a new veteran. Mark my words.
Would not mind that at all, assuming tomorrow would actually be a new costume (not for the Miis) and not a simple palette swap.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
So we have had some new info on alternate costumes recently.

Fox McCloud better have an alt with shades like his father or I will be upset.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Any reason for thinking we'll be getting a veteran this week? Or is it just the usual hype that's generated from the overwhelming desire to see a veteran towards the end of every week?
Typical hype paired with the fact that we haven't gotten a veteran in two months. It doesn't help that seven veterans (:falcon::ganondorf::popo::metaknight::gw::ness2::wario:) are virtually confirmed thanks to PoD/Direct stuff and three of them (:popo::metaknight::wario:) are virtually guaranteed to be shown before release so everyone's simply waiting for Sakurai to pull the trigger. The wait for the Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario has been especially painful for me.

So we have had some new info on alternate costumes recently.

Fox McCloud better have an alt with shades like his father or I will be upset.
I feel the same way about a helmetless Megaman.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Typical hype paired with the fact that we haven't gotten a veteran in two months. It doesn't help that seven veterans (:falcon::ganondorf::popo::metaknight::gw::ness2::wario:) are virtually confirmed thanks to PoD/Direct stuff and three of them (:popo::metaknight::wario:) are virtually guaranteed to be shown before release so everyone's simply waiting for Sakurai to pull the trigger. The wait for the Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario has been especially painful for me.

Wait didn't we get ike at the end of May?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I had to worry about veterans being revealed, the only ones that concern me are either Captain Falcon or Ganondorf (I like how they played and I generally used both depending on if I needed speed or power), or Ness (Was really fun to use if I happened to be doing well as him). I don't really care about falco too much.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Given it's the series's 25th Anniversary at the end of this week, I wouldn't be surprised if we got something Mother related.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

I almost forgot E3 had zero veteran reveals. While I think people would find comfort knowing that many of the vets that haven't been revealed yet are going to make the roster, I can understand why people are still dying to see them...even if it's only via PotDs.

With two months and some change until the Japan release, I'll make the guess that we'll get 2-3 more vets. That's pretty safe.

As for the Mother anniversary, maybe we'll get Lucas so many people can relax :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not counting on a character until around the middle of the month.
I'm with this, the E3 characters still seem very fresh, and we did get 3 of them after all, I'm only expecting a veteran mid-late July. Then again, they have to pick up the pace if they're going to show both Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight + a newcomer in August before the 3DS release in September.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm with this, the E3 characters still seem very fresh, and we did get 3 of them after all, I'm only expecting a veteran mid-late July. Then again, they have to pick up the pace if they're going to show both Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight + a newcomer in August.
Maybe not. July+ August with likely Direct + half of September gives enough time to do this. As I said in my last post, :popo::metaknight::wario: are extremely likely to be in the starting roster at this point and the only Brawl starting roster veterans left besides :lucas: so this works just fine.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Don't worry. I've grown up with Wario being my favorite videogame character..... Wario's fart cannot kill me. Not anymore. Muhahaha!

But again, seriously, I'm guessing either Wario, Ganondorf or Falco on Friday. I'm not expecting Falcon, Jiggly or Ness, as they will (most likely) be secret fighters, revealed after the game launches. I feel the same with Ice Climbers and Mr. Game.

But eitherway, I'm 95,247947% sure we will get a character on Friday (or tomorrow maybe?). Yup, that sure.
Why do you expect Ganondorf or Falco if they'll also be unlockables?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Since when.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Maybe not. July+ August with likely Direct + half of September gives enough time to do this. As I said in my last post, :popo::metaknight::wario: are extremely likely to be in the starting roster at this point and the only Brawl starting roster veterans left besides :lucas: so this works just fine.
Sure, but they'll have to announce two characters in one month at some point then, and July actually seems to be the best for that as August will probably have a newcomer and a Direct while September is cut in half. I guess August could also be the month since we had the Little Mac + Diddy combo too, but there's no game release to force a veteran out there unlike with Diddy. I'd only expect a character next week earliest though, July has just barely started and there's plenty of time left in the month.

There's also the chance that Meta Knight has become unlockable, which given the nature of the character isn't unfeasible, and combined with Lucas likely being cut would make it fall in line with one character per month.

The roster will likely have leaked before the September reveal though, so that one doesn't matter too much to us.

Since when.
Captain Falcon = Samurai Goroh AT
Ganondorf = Not sure on this one, but it's still obvious
Ice Climbers = Polar Bear enemy in Smash Run
Meta Knight = Whiteboard concept art
G&W = Whiteboard concept art and Pac-Man trailer
Ness = Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge
Wario = Ashley AT

Last edited:

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Will they start putting hidden 'mystery characters' that are unlockable, on the SSB4 website? And, are all of the characters, that are on the site now, starters? It seems to be A LOT of starters, if so.

Shroob

Sup?
Sure, but they'll have to announce two characters in one month at some point then, and July actually seems to be the best for that as August will probably have a newcomer and a Direct while September is cut in half. I guess August could also be the month since we had the Little Mac + Diddy combo too, but there's no game release to force a veteran out there unlike with Diddy. I'd only expect a character next week earliest though, July has just barely started and there's plenty of time left in the month.

There's also the chance that Meta Knight has become unlockable, which given the nature of the character isn't unfeasible, and combined with Lucas likely being cut would make it fall in line with one character per month.

The roster will likely have leaked before the September reveal though, so that one doesn't matter too much to us.

Captain Falcon = Samurai Goroh AT
Ganondorf = Not sure on this one, but it's still obvious
Ice Climbers = Polar Bear enemy in Smash Run
Meta Knight = Whiteboard concept art
G&W = Whiteboard concept art and Pac-Man trailer
Ness = Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge
Wario = Ashley AT
Don't forget that the Halberd is a returning stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Will they start putting hidden 'mystery characters' that are unlockable, on the SSB4 website? And, are all of the characters, that are on the site now, starters? It seems to be A LOT of starters, if so.
Brawl had 14 unlockables, I think the starting roster is bound to grow more than the unlockable roster. Regardless, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man are most likely unlockable, while Luigi has been hinted to be, but other than those I think everyone's a starter, doesn't seem like Sakurai to just reveal unlockables without notifying of it given how secretive the Brawl website is about them.

Don't forget that the Halberd is a returning stage.
Ah yes, of course.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I could completely believe that Wario, ICs, and Meta Knight are the only non-unlockable characters left to show and that all of the rest of the veterans who are returning plus the remaining newcomers (popular theory is that it's just Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men/Kids, right?) will be unlockable. That puts character reveals about on pace and means that we'll probably get three over the next two months which is a pretty even pace very consistent with everything else he's shown.

Stages are the point I am thinking more about. Wii U stages can and will be held until Wii U release draws near, but we have an awful lot of 3DS stages we still "need". We haven't seen a DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Mega Man, or Sonic stage on 3DS, and I think all of those are basically shoe-ins for stages. We've still only seen one past stage (Jungle Japes) when clearly there will be a lot more. Even among the remaining series that maybe are okay to exclude from stages, at least some must get stages between Pikmin, WarioWare, Mother, F-Zero, Ice Climber, Wii Fit, and Game and Watch. I also do not believe we've actually seen the 3DS version of Final Destination. There's just so much left to show on this front that I'm not sure how that's going to play out; it seems like we could get a 3DS stage weekly and not exhaust the pool at this point which makes me unsure of how things will actually progress.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Brawl had 14 unlockables, I think the starting roster is bound to grow more than the unlockable roster. Regardless, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man are most likely unlockable, while Luigi has been hinted to be, but other than those I think everyone's a starter, doesn't seem like Sakurai to just reveal unlockables without notifying of it given how secretive the Brawl website is about them.
I guess I am being nostalgic when I wished they would have left unlockables a secret.
Pacman and Megaman come accross 'notable', I suppose. But what about Palutena? She stands as an unlockable character to me.

I hope they start adding mysterious boxes to the site.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I could completely believe that Wario, ICs, and Meta Knight are the only non-unlockable characters left to show and that all of the rest of the veterans who are returning plus the remaining newcomers (popular theory is that it's just Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men/Kids, right?) will be unlockable. That puts character reveals about on pace and means that we'll probably get three over the next two months which is a pretty even pace very consistent with everything else he's shown.

Stages are the point I am thinking more about. Wii U stages can and will be held until Wii U release draws near, but we have an awful lot of 3DS stages we still "need". We haven't seen a DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Mega Man, or Sonic stage on 3DS, and I think all of those are basically shoe-ins for stages. We've still only seen one past stage (Jungle Japes) when clearly there will be a lot more. Even among the remaining series that maybe are okay to exclude from stages, at least some must get stages between Pikmin, WarioWare, Mother, F-Zero, Ice Climber, Wii Fit, and Game and Watch. I also do not believe we've actually seen the 3DS version of Final Destination. There's just so much left to show on this front that I'm not sure how that's going to play out; it seems like we could get a 3DS stage weekly and not exhaust the pool at this point which makes me unsure of how things will actually progress.
Final Destination 3DS
upload_2014-7-2_12-9-49.png

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The E3 character banners are finally down, so I'm updating my irrelevant little banner list:

April 8: Smash Direct, 5 banners up.
(15 day gap)
April 23: Smash Direct 5 banners down.
(30 day gap)
May 23: Ike announced, Ike banner up.
(18 day gap)
June 10: Ike banner down.
June 10-11: E3: Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman banners up.
(22 day gap)
July 2: E3 banners down.
Awaiting next character reveal.

If anyone can think of a way to get data from before April I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Final Destination 3DS has been revealed already along with Master Hand (albeit for a few seconds that is).

I do find it kinda curious that we still have yet to see a number of revealed series stages despite that the 3DS version's (Japanese) release being not too far away, then again, I guess they could always reveal most of the starter stages during the August Direct.

As was stated, there is still a lack of (non-melee/Brawl/64) Donkey Kong, Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid, Pikmin, Megaman and Sonic stage (perhaps Wii Fit too) yet to be revealed for the 3DS version. (And then there is the hypothetical Wario, Ice Climbers and perhaps Earthbound stage if one of the Earthbound boy's winds up being a starter again) Would be interesting to see what those ones would be like...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since when.
Captain Falcon- Goroh AT, mentioned in interview
Ganondorf- Every other past Zelda character confirmed, possible Ganondorf leak at Best Buy
Ice Climbers- Polar bear in Smash Run, mentioned in interview
Metaknight- Halberd, present on pre-development white board
Game and Watch- Pac-Man Trailer, present on pre-development white board
Ness- Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn returning, strongly implying at least one Mother character as series with multiple items have always had playable characters
Wario- Ashley AT, W symbol in Smash Direct, present on pre-development white board

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ganondorf- Every other past Zelda character confirmed, possible Ganondorf leak at Best Buy
There was a Ganny leak?

What do you guys think of the DLC? Do you think ATs (Tingle) and bosses (Ridley) can be upgraded to playable characters? What about characters like Wonder Red who are ONLY trailers? Or do you think its going to be characters like Mewtwo, Dixie, or Krystal who have yet (and may not at all) get a mention in the game?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uh, this is Fire Rosa.
Well, there's a -1 for my memory. However, it's no less disappointing that of all the outfits that could be her "Red" outfit, we've seen anything but that one.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
April 8: Smash Direct, 5 banners up.
(15 day gap)
April 23: Smash Direct 5 banners down.
(30 day gap)
May 23: Ike announced, Ike banner up.
(18 day gap)
June 10: Ike banner down.
June 10-11: E3: Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman banners up.
(22 day gap)
July 2: E3 banners down.
Awaiting next character reveal.
So we're expecting a character reveal tomorrow. Or Friday.

Thank you for bringing my hype level to the extreme.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So we're expecting a character reveal tomorrow. Or Friday.

Thank you for bringing my hype level to the extreme.
It's hard to say though. There hasn't really been that consistent of a pattern for the banners but, so far, the record for days between character reveals has been 46. We're currently at 29 so, in order the break the record, Sakurai would have to stall until Monday July 21st, which would still be within the month so it's still very likely we'll see someone within the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom