• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, that sounds tedious but also curious. Does that suggest all of these many different outfits will have a full set of color variations? In order for the gameplay to work, every option you must set before the character select screen must be compatible with four different "colors" so if all four players use the same choices they all remain visually distinct. That seems like that could be difficult with the Miis due to the number of variations that seem possible to set before ever hitting the css.
Either there is a code that will affect the colour of the clothing depending on the slot assigned to the player or Sakurai is just assuming no two people will have the exact same or very similar looking Miis

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm definitely still loving all of this butthurt over the Miis. <3

Anywhos, great pic and quote.I wonder if the swords are customizable, too?

I'm gonna be gone til the weekend, so I'll get to come back and see all of the new stuff and reactions later after my trip. Looking forward to it. ¦3

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guys, Rosalina's palette swap is obviously a homage to Psycho Kamek :troll:

I still think it is just a coincidence, seeing as Psycho Kamek has the triangles, but Rosalina doesn't

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
We got more costumes for Miis and other characters. Not filler. Still, I'm wondering about Link's SS outfit. It's just the design over the tunic...right? And Miis get more costumes that look like they've put more time and effort into them?

...I smell bias.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wow, yet another alt colour/costume. This week is totally all about them haha. Fire Rosalina looks fantastic! And I guess the Mii does too.

Hopefully this all doesn't build up to a Ridley-skin Charizard on Friday

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
We got more costumes for Miis and other characters. Not filler. Still, I'm wondering about Link's SS outfit. It's just the design over the tunic...right? And Miis get more costumes that look like they've put more time and effort into them?

...I smell bias.
Their theme is customization. It's to be expected. But I do hope we get at least one REAL alt for Link.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Either there is a code that will affect the colour of the clothing depending on the slot assigned to the player or Sakurai is just assuming no two people will have the exact same or very similar looking Miis
Probably one of the reasons they won't be used online I bet.
Wow, yet another alt colour/costume. This week is totally all about them haha. Fire Rosalina looks fantastic! And I guess the Mii does too.

Hopefully this all doesn't build up to a Ridley-skin Charizard on Friday
Ooh, that would cause a lot salt in this forum lol

"Hey, Sakurai! You spilled the salt!"

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ugh... Mii. Well, even though Mii is the only choice for a character I'm not fond of, I'll try not to harp on it too much.

In other news, I like Rosalina's alt colors, but I think it would fit better on peach. I'd actually like fire flower lays for both of them where they also get ponytails.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
This pic isn't doing it for me, but I can't really complain when we got Little Mac's glorious workout sweats yesterday.

Also, @Sehnsucht , I'm really digging the new Babyface profile pic. That's my favorite character from the first movie.

Shroob

Sup?
Ooooooooooooh snap the banners are gone.

Also, guys, please.

All this costume stuff would obviously mean Wario if this is a hint, because, he has an alternate costume and all.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
That's probably a bit too recent.
I don't know, sometimes companies like to cross-promote their stuff. For instance, there were Man of Steel costume alts for Superman and Zod in the Injustice: Gods Among Us game which came out 2 months before the movie.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man... That Fire Rosalina definitely needs the ponytail. Come on< Sakurai..

PM 1, Sakurai 0 on that front.

However, I won't complain much more, because ****in Sweatsuit Mac.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Man... That Fire Rosalina definitely needs the ponytail. Come on< Sakurai..

PM 1, Sakurai 0 on that front.

However, I won't complain much more, because ****in Sweatsuit Mac.
Uh, this is Fire Rosa.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Wait... 3rd picture of the week. 2 characters in the 3rd picture. 3+2=5.
We got two other days of pictures (Thursday and Friday). 5+2=7.
Yesterday's picture had 1 character (or, two of the same, which counts as one). 7-1=6.
Ridley has 6 letters in his name.

.................Ridley confirmed.

But seriously, I feel today's pic was to mainly show us Rosa's new costume. We got a costume yesterday. And as somebody mentioned above me, the NEWCOMER banners on the website are now gone.

I smell a character reveal on Friday. And I smell Wario.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait... 3rd picture of the week. 2 characters in the 3rd picture. 3+2=5.
We got two other days of pictures (Tuesday and Monday). 5+2=7.
Yesterday's picture had 1 character (or, two of the same, which counts as one). 7-1=6.
Ridley has 6 letters in his name.

.................Ridley confirmed.

But seriously, I feel today's pic was to mainly show us Rosa's new costume. We got a costume yesterday. And as somebody mentioned above me, the NEWCOMER banners on the website are now gone.

I smell a character reveal on Friday. And I smell Wario.
If you can smell wario and are still alive, he must be a lot further away than Friday

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I imagine that's unpleasant...
Don't worry. I've grown up with Wario being my favorite videogame character..... Wario's fart cannot kill me. Not anymore. Muhahaha!

But again, seriously, I'm guessing either Wario, Ganondorf or Falco on Friday. I'm not expecting Falcon, Jiggly or Ness, as they will (most likely) be secret fighters, revealed after the game launches. I feel the same with Ice Climbers and Mr. Game.

But eitherway, I'm 95,247947% sure we will get a character on Friday (or tomorrow maybe?). Yup, that sure.

Malion

Smash Ace
So the arm cannon is tied to the costume design.... I assume the sword and the gloves will be the exact same way.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Don't worry. I've grown up with Wario being my favorite videogame character..... Wario's fart cannot kill me. Not anymore. Muhahaha!

But again, seriously, I'm guessing either Wario, Ganondorf or Falco on Friday. I'm not expecting Falcon, Jiggly or Ness, as they will (most likely) be secret fighters, revealed after the game launches. I feel the same with Ice Climbers and Mr. Game.

But eitherway, I'm 95,247947% sure we will get a character on Friday (or tomorrow maybe?). Yup, that sure.
I would love to see a Wario adventure game on the Wii U that could be a cross between New Super Mario Bros U and this:

EDIT:
You know what I just realized? Capcom is open to a buy-out right now or was last I heard. Imagine in future Smash games being able to play with characters from Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, (more) Megaman, etc.

I wish Nintendo would buy them out.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Out of the veterans yet to be revealed, I consider Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Snake and possibly Ness the only ones which would bring a lot of excitement.
August would be the perfect time to reveal these, so close to the release, so I'm expecting this month to have pretty boring veterans, if it will have them at all. Maybe Falco, Meta Knight or Wario.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That arm cannon looks really suave~
Inb4 people going "OH NO, they're putting EFFORT on the Mii Fighters! THE HUMANITY!"

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Out of the veterans yet to be revealed, I consider Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Snake and possibly Ness the only ones which would bring a lot of excitement.
August would be the perfect time to reveal these, so close to the release, so I'm expecting this month to have pretty boring veterans, if it will have them at all. Maybe Falco, Meta Knight or Wario.
You'd consider Ness and Snake an exciting reveal and Falco a boring reveal!?

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You'd consider Ness and exciting reveal and Falco a boring reveal!?
It's a semi-clone from an already represented franchise, obviously Ness would be more interesting just for variety's sake.
They're both going to be in the game anyway, I'd rather see someone from a franchise which still hasn't appeared in the game yet (outside of maybe the Franklin Badge and Jeff?).

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You'd consider Ness and Snake an exciting reveal and Falco a boring reveal!?
To be honest, Captain Falcon or Snake would be miles more exciting than Falco, although I don't want him to be cut, I prefer the air.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The revolver arm cannon is still the best.

It wonder if you can mix and match the hats and clothes, because apparently ya need to unlock each outfit / hat

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
It's a semi-clone from an already represented franchise, obviously Ness would be more interesting just for variety's sake.
They're both going to be in the game anyway, I'd rather see someone from a franchise which still hasn't appeared in the game yet (outside of maybe the Franklin Badge and Jeff?).
I could understand this. I just don't find Ness interesting. He reminds me of my annoying little cousin. Plus Earthbound hasn't been relevant in years. But I agree, variety is good. I only want Falco because he's been my main the last two games.
To be honest, Captain Falcon or Snake would be miles more exciting than Falco, although I don't want him to be cut, I prefer the air.
As far as characters go, yeah, people will generally think they're cooler. Captain Falcon would be boss if he returned! Snake, I am just not excited for. He was a very low-tier character for me. I don't care who gets revealed, I just want confirmation that Falco is in the game, then they can throw in Chorus Men all the want, that's how much I care about other characters lol (not true, I love the other characters) but you get what I mean, I'm a hardcore Falco fan.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I will gladly accept this picture over one about Palutena. None of the 3 newcomers really appeal to me but I'd much rather see Pac-Man and Miis over that green haired irritating woman. As for the picture itself, while I don't care for either Rosalina or Mii, I must say the Rosalina costume is very nice looking. Don't care too much about the gun changing with the outfits.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It sure seems weird that Sakurai only mentioned the Mii Gunner for today. The Inverted Fire Rosalina palette swap sure looked like a nice new addition.

Coincidentally, one of the Brawl hacks that I did uses a highly similar palette swap.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I will gladly accept this picture over one about Palutena. None of the 3 newcomers really appeal to me but I'd much rather see Pac-Man and Miis over that green haired irritating woman. As for the picture itself, while I don't care for either Rosalina or Mii, I must say the Rosalina costume is very nice looking. Don't care too much about the gun changing with the outfits.
Palutena's not irritating :/

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Any reason for thinking we'll be getting a veteran this week? Or is it just the usual hype that's generated from the overwhelming desire to see a veteran towards the end of every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom