• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm referring to characters such as Marth, Ike, ZSS. They're more masculine.

Good one though.
I know, I was just kidding. ^^

Ike certanly looks manlier. Marth as well, though he is still kinda feminine (which is a good thing). I am scared to Think about what Snake will look like IF he returns.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
I know, I was just kidding. ^^

Ike certanly looks manlier. Marth as well, though he is still kinda feminine (which is a good thing). I am scared to Think about what Captain Falcon will look like IF he returns.
Fix'd your typo.

All jokes aside, I can't see him returning for any reason. Seemed like a one time thing. Although if by some odd miracle he does happen to return I would probably go ape **** since he is my Brawl main.. or at least was since I no longer play that game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't remember if the animations while entering the battle were confirmed. Like the one of Mario jumping out of the pipe

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I Always jump off the platform as fast as I can to beat people up while I am immortal.
I don't want to be that person, but you can still go off-screen or fall to your death. You're stil mortal.
:starman:
I apologize for being that person. Maybe you can forgive me.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Fix'd your typo.

All jokes aside, I can't see him returning for any reason. Seemed like a one time thing. Although if by some odd miracle he does happen to return I would probably go ape **** since he is my Brawl main.. or at least was since I no longer play that game.
Captain Falcon is obviously cut. Very, very cut~
And yeah, I honestly don't see Snake back. And I don't mind much. I'd rather have PacMan.

@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
Not confirmed yet, no. But I doubt they will go anywhere~

@ Hayzie Hayzie
I will never, ever forgive you for that. :(

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't remember if the animations while entering the battle were confirmed. Like the one of Mario jumping out of the pipe
It has not yet, then again, we really haven't seen the beginning of a real match yet.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well that's a random potd. New information but random as heck too. Like what was Sakurai's mindset when picking this picture? "Okay so I just revealed Ike along with how the team battles have changed and the mirroring of certain characters. It's a Monday next so I have full power to make the most filler pic imaginable...nah I'll show off the recovery platforms."

Whatever, if a Monday pic has actual information then that's a good omen for the rest of the week

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
My favorite beginning animation is Marth's. It would be cool if all the characters got awesome beginning animations.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
PSABR even had more than one. Smash Bros. has a couple of things that could be better if they followed PSABR's path, regarding customization.
I think they could improve on it even further with Brawl's sliders. Give each character three intros and you can customise how often each one randomly happens as you play them... obviously saving it on your NFP figure is a must.

Not that I think it'll happen mind you.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think they could improve on it even further with Brawl's sliders. Give each character three intros and you can customise how often each one randomly happens as you play them... obviously saving it on your NFP figure is a must.

Not that I think it'll happen mind you.
I know it's the wrong place to post it, but just quickly...

Having three would be awesome. What would be more awesome? If they used them in classic mode. Also, a special taunt before fighting Master Hand/ a boss.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok revival platfoms

First saw it on the direct on the pyropshere when i fot that dk shadow on the pillar.

I like them under it is like a timer of how long you can stay there.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I know it's the wrong place to post it, but just quickly...

Having three would be awesome. What would be more awesome? If they used them in classic mode. Also, a special taunt before fighting Master Hand/ a boss.
Or like in Soul Calibur where you have three seconds to press a random button and it just ends up being your characters yelling random grunts at each other. So like any conversation with Link

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Me looking at the Update Dojo first:
SAKURAIIIIII, THEY ARE JUST STANDING IN PLACE ON BATTLE FIELD PLATFORMS!!!!!!!!

Going to the dreaded Miiverse after Smashboards comments:
Oh, neat.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I don't usually end up waiting through the whole timer, so it's not the most relevant new detail. Of course, it's still nice to have clarification on mechanic tweaks, so I enjoyed the update!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah I like little detail updates like this! Makes it feel like we're close to release somehow. I hope we hear about character entrances soon! And though none of these updates have sound, I'll like to hear that each character has their own victory theme. As in, every character with the same symbol has the same theme but with different instruments or something. Basically just expanding off what they did for Meta Knight in Brawl for everyone! Mario can have the normal theme, Bowser can have a metal remix, Peach with a ballad version, Luigi with some people messing up the notes and dropping their instruments, all sorts of fun!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah I like little detail updates like this! Makes it feel like we're close to release somehow. I hope we hear about character entrances soon! And though none of these updates have sound, I'll like to hear that each character has their own victory theme. As in, every character with the same symbol has the same theme but with different instruments or something. Basically just expanding off what they did for Meta Knight in Brawl for everyone! Mario can have the normal theme, Bowser can have a metal remix, Peach with a ballad version, Luigi with some people messing up the notes and dropping their instruments, all sorts of fun!
I agree, I also think Sakurai will be revealing tons of veterans from past iterations of Smash Brothers and give us newcomers at E3.

Hong

The Strongest
Mr. T pities the fool who expects an update relevant to the just-revealed character in immediate succession of the revealed character.

That would be too easy. :b

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
These new designs kinda look like something out of the Wonderful 101, especially the high tech look with the black the blue color sceme

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
Captain Falcon is obviously cut. Very, very cut~
And yeah, I honestly don't see Snake back. And I don't mind much. I'd rather have PacMan.

Woah, Woah, Woah. No need to jump to conclusion. Need I remind you that he was part of the original roster in Smash 64. Also, if that weren't enough, take a look at one of the Smash 4 gameplay videos and in one of the clips you will notice Samurai Goroh is back as an assist trophy; probably the biggest hint we have gotten so far.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Woah, Woah, Woah. No need to jump to conclusion. Need I remind you that he was part of the original roster in Smash 64. Also, if that weren't enough, take a look at one of the Smash 4 gameplay videos and in one of the clips you will notice Samurai Goroh is back as an assist trophy; probably the biggest hint we have gotten so far.
I believe they were being facetious

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The biggest hint would be Sakurai specifically telling in a miiverse caption that in 1 vs. 1 matches the Falcon Punch is kind of useless unlike in a free-for-all.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You completely missed my Point. XD I'll give you a hint. Ike is also really, really cut. :3

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So, what do we expect for MK8? I suspect an item related to it, like the Blue Shell, personally.
Perhaps more of the MK stages

Also, definitely the reveal of a character from the game.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yes, as the direct calls him, the...
Showy...anti...hero...

How did they get that name like when is he an anti hero and showy, showy maybe but that's a strech like really.
he has a "cool" vibe therefore he's an anti-hero...

clearly.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
You completely missed my Point. XD I'll give you a hint. Ike is also really, really cut. :3
For some reason I knew you were joking. I just wanted to clear things up as well as pointing this out for those who are still in speculation of his return.

Also while I'm at it I guess I should point out that Ness and Wario's return are also hinted, with items such as the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn's presence in the game as well as the Ashley and Waluigi assist trophies. Though I'm not confirming anything, at least not 'til E3.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I really like all the detail Sakurai is putting in.
It's so unfair. There are over 50 people working on this game and Sakurai always takes all the credit. This idea could have been thought by the janitor.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's so unfair. There are over 50 people working on this game and Sakurai always takes all the credit. This idea could have been thought by the janitor.
Well, when you talk about a good film you praise the director, not the entire production team.

At this stage, we don't know who's been assigned to what task.

Also... Sakurai seems like he is a massive control freak. Little things like this have to be approved by him before and after they are created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom