• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Today is going to be Diddy and Little Mac with some kind of explanation of one of their mechanics.
Good job!
Expecting: "We've changed X, Y, and Z about Diddy's jetpack, which somehow makes it more dangerous when the barrels go flying."

Hoping For: An HD DKC stage.
Good job!
Guys...

Something is terribly wrong.

Sakurai didn't say "Pic of the day!"
Ah man... came here just to say that. :/

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Tbh, I'm not sure Diddy needs any more buffs. He's keeping the bananas, so he's guaranteed to be a good character again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We dont know anything about if Diddy can follow up the bananas as well this time around, and if glide tossing isnt in, thats another huge hit to Diddy. Plus, what if the banana slip doesnt allow for good follow ups because it doesnt have as long of an animation anymore or something? Anything could happen, you cant just assume because he still has bananas hes fine.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, glad to see the rocket barrel is getting a buff. Also, I'd like to see more Lanky Kong skills form Diddy.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I think the 2 bananas are fine. 1 wouldnt be enough to mess with the opponents.
If they function like Brawl even one can still be down right deadly. 2 Bananas need to get toned down some how. Those banana locks are no joke.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'll predict something.

Wouldn't it be awesome if a Pic of the Day right Before a Direct showed off Kirby with Purple Wings and Tail?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I did the math and assuming all Brawl veterans return, Pokemon Trainer counts as one and Sheik/Zamus count separately from their counterparts, we have 17 veteran reveals to go. No matter how you slice it, that probably means two Vets a month will become the norm. I'm betting 1.5 Internets that there'll be a character reveal next two weeks.

Tomorrow's picture will be something new but unrelated.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Based on all these character buffs I'd say part of Sakurai's mentality must be to catch people up to Meta Knight as opposed to bringing him down.

Then again, maybe the speed and other mechanical changes to the game have made these seemingly unnecessary buffs necessary.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Based on all these character buffs I'd say part of Sakurai's mentality must be to catch people up to Meta Knight as opposed to bringing him down.
I'd just like to say that this should be how every competitive game ever should be handled and I would fully welcome such a mindset

(within reason of course, but buffs are always more fun than nerfs)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd just like to say that this should be how every competitive game ever should be handled and I would fully welcome such a mindset

Yup, and I remember that he actually said something along the lines of "lowering the performance of characters takes away from the fun," so I think it's fairly evident he'd rather make characters stronger to compensate than make character weaker.

At any rate I love getting any info on buffs/changes to characters, hopefully more PotD show some off soon. Still not super sure what the changes to Diddy's recovery are exactly.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If they function like Brawl even one can still be down right deadly. 2 Bananas need to get toned down some how. Those banana locks are no joke.
Well, they can simply implement characters being able tech while being tripped by a banana, I guess.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm still a little sour of how they're giving buffs to high tier characters like Diddy and Lucario, but leaving characters like Link in the dark.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm still a little sour of how they're giving buffs to high tier characters like Diddy and Lucario, but leaving characters like Link in the dark.
Well character like Diddy and Lucario had to be revealed, and with that reveal there needed to be something to say about them. Link was mentioned as having the spike on his Dair now, which means he's gotten about as much mention as any of the E3 characters. I think it's fairly safe to say that more than just that one attack has been tweaked on him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, Link (along with everyone with a weak recovery) technically got buffed because the mechanics of edgehogging have changed.

On a random note, for whatever reason I'm sort of expecting a surprise veteran reveal later in week. I don't know why especially how we just got Diddy and Little Mac but there's a side of me that thinks that will be the update to wrap up the month. Now to wait and see that I'm hilariously wrong...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Also, Link (along with everyone with a weak recovery) technically got buffed because the mechanics of edgehogging have changed.

On a random note, for whatever reason I'm sort of expecting a surprise veteran reveal later in week. I don't know why especially how we just got Diddy and Little Mac but there's a side of me that thinks that will be the update to wrap up the month. Now to wait and see that I'm hilariously wrong...
Who are you expecting?

Ice Climbers? Meta Knight?

And also: Will Sakurai stop revealing characters through Miiverse and the Website?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Who are you expecting?

Ice Climbers? Meta Knight?

And also: Will Sakurai stop revealing characters through Miiverse and the Website?
Ness or Lucas, oddly enough. Ice Climbers have a decent chance of being revealed when NES Remix 1+2 hits Japanese shelves in April and Metaknight could be revealed with the EU/NA release of TD in May. Yoshi has a decent chance next month with Yoshi's New Island in EU/NA, Pokemon Trainer/Jigglypuff could be revealed with Pokemon Battle Trozei, and Wario could either be revealed next month with the Japanese release of Mario Party: Island Tour or in May with Mario Kart 8. This being said, there's a lot of possibilities in the next coming weeks.

Also, it's very unlikely that he'll stop using the website because every single official site since the first Smash Bros revealed all the characters within their respective games.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ness or Lucas, oddly enough. Ice Climbers have a decent chance of being revealed when NES Remix 1+2 hits Japanese shelves in April and Metaknight could be revealed with the EU/NA release of TD in May. Yoshi has a decent chance next month with Yoshi's New Island in EU/NA, Pokemon Trainer/Jigglypuff could be revealed with Pokemon Battle Trozei, and Wario could either be revealed next month with the Japanese release of Mario Party: Island Tour or in May with Mario Kart 8. This being said, there's a lot of possibilities in the next coming weeks.

Also, it's very unlikely that he'll stop using the website because every single official site since the first Smash Bros revealed all the characters within their respective games.
Very Nice. I'd like to see HD Ness.

Sorry, I meant will he stop revealing characters all together. At this rate, all 30+ characters will be revealed by the release.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582

I agree. If I have to watch another tournament stream with two hours of meta knight I'm going to go nuts. Look at top 8 or semi finals of apex; for close to two hours not a single match was played where someone wasn't metaknight. That stupid neutral B special is forever in my head. I stopped playing him a week after the game came out because he's silly broken.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Eh I dunno. I'd figure its a lot easier to nerf one extremely powerful case than buff a ton of average characters. Especially since the majority of characters revealed to have buffs are characters that were already pretty good in Brawl. Then again Sm4sh will have a different playstyle too so I guess we'll just see.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

"A REAL pic of the day. DK and Diddy aren't alone this time! Cranky Kong joins the battle as a newcomer!"

:troll:
When Cranky Kong is playable on Jungle Japes, Alfonzo takes his place in the cabin. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me, ya darn hooligans!" :troll:

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see something on whether they're buffing Sonic's moves at all. His moves are fine as is, he just needs more strength and KO power. So, I'm hoping for that in PicoftheDay at some point.

Diddy Kong was one of my favorites in Brawl, glad to see he's still kicking tail.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
no, no, it means you are the chosen one
Tell me, what am I on this earth for? For Alfonzo is right up there with Helix Fossil and Captain Falcon as our gods. I so wish to see alfonzo

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Tell me, what am I on this earth for? For Alfonzo is right up there with Helix Fossil and Captain Falcon as our gods. I so wish to see alfonzo
you are there to guide the train when both toon link and alfonzo are in the battle:troll:

and might i ask, why helix fossil?

aaand so this doesn't get marked for being off-topic, i'll predict that tomorrow's pic will include the color blue

Lozjam

Smash Champion
you are there to guide the train when both toon link and alfonzo are in the battle:troll:

aaand so this doesn't get marked for being off-topic, i'll predict that tomorrow's pic will include the color blue
Twitch plays pokemon meme. Hey maybe helix fossil might shown tomorrows pic of the day, where you must carry it for long periods of time until it evolves into Omanyte

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

AND IF IT DOESN'T??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom