• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I get the feeling we'll be seeing a pic showing off Diddy's bananas.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Oh wouldn't that be a tease. Showing off Gangplank Galleon this week as the new Donkey Kong stage. Everyone would go crazy. I expect it promptly on Friday. As for tomorrow, more Diddy as per usual.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Today is going to be Diddy and Little Mac with some kind of explanation of one of their mechanics.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
What if we get another character this friday? Imagine how awesome that'd be! Three in a row ^_^

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What if we get another character this friday? Imagine how awesome that'd be! Three in a row ^_^
That would be brawl status...(pessimist mode activate!) Too many character reveals!!! I'd love to see an assist trophy. hopefully a Palutena assist so I can get over her not being playable before the game comes out... Even though I don't normally use items I want to see some more unique ones.

I predict/hope that its not Diddy or Little Mac since I know all that I care to know about each character. Maybe a new stage will be confirmed.

Dairz

Smash Ace
If the pic isn't Diddy, then i'll be a Kong's uncle. I'm expecting either a new stage or a new info on a stage we've hardly seen this week.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I just hope that if we get nothing, we at least get a good/funny Sakurai message.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Expecting: "We've changed X, Y, and Z about Diddy's jetpack, which somehow makes it more dangerous when the barrels go flying."

Hoping For: An HD DKC stage.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
More Diddy buffs!

Yay?

EDIT:

Holy cow... Is Little Mac smaller than Diddy?!?!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Monday's are typically boring. There's no pattern to Sakurai, but Monday's - as a rule - are nothing.

Well played @ BKupa666 BKupa666 .

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost.
Looks like Sakurai neglected to note that in addition, both Little Mac and Villager can soar through the air butt-first.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO STUPID AND BORING.

THERE SHOULD'VE BEEN SOME MAJOR HUGE COOL UPDATE TONIGHT. NEVER MIND THAT WE JUST GOT A RETURNING VETERAN IN THE LAST UPDATE.
"

---

Not much to say about the rocketbarrels. I never could use them well in Brawl.

I expect that he'll use them again for his Final Smash.

----

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Might as well wait for Tuesday...

But knowing Sakurai, it will be more stuff about Diddy.

D

Deleted member

For those who said "Both Little Mac and Diddy Kong", you were correct.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
it seems to me that sakarai has made a point of increasing each characters strategic options in this smash and i couldn't be happier about that

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys...

Something is terribly wrong.

Sakurai didn't say "Pic of the day!"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Anyone else digging how the pic makes it looks like the skull on Wily's Castle is breathing out fire? ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Another reason to hate Mondays...
You're just mad cause Sakurai won't let you out of the Master Ball so you can Smash with all the others again. ¦D

Also, this pic almost tricked me into thinking that the castle was a 3D object now. Nope, still 2D. Darn. XD

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed Villager has some kind of bowl haircut and it doesn't cover the entire back of his head.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If he does mean their hit trajectory, that's likely not all that meaningful since actually attacking with that move directly is pretty crazy for Diddy. If he means that Diddy can actually launch himself at more horizontal angles, that's a pretty nice buff. Getting his rocket barrels to come off more frequently is nice for him though; that's a pretty random dynamic, but it basically works completely in Diddy's favor.

I'm not really scared of Diddy buffs. Diddy is really well built to succeed in Brawl. His bananas let him combo no matter what hitstun is, and they also give him an amazing OoS game. When more stuff is safe on block an there's a greater variety of other things in the game that can combo, Diddy is going to suffer relatively since it de-emphasizes his strengths and is going to exaggerate his primary weakness of really poor KO power. His design is generally "strong" so he probably doesn't need the world given to him to still be a good character, but a few buffs to make up for how the new engine isn't so favorable to him seems prudent. It's similar thinking to Lucario's buffs I imagine; Sakurai learned from how bad some of the veterans were in Brawl and is taking steps to ensure similar issues don't arise in the new game. We can all remember Brawl C.Falcon, and while a casual inspection might suspect he was really nerfed, the reality is sadder. The knee hitbox changes were C.Falcon's only meaningful nerf; otherwise he's the single least changed character from Melee to Brawl, and he when from high tier to bottom tier entirely because the new engine worked against him every step of the way.

Also, Diddy being taller than Little Mac is not surprising; Diddy is a lot taller than he seems even in Brawl. You don't generally realize it because Diddy is always extremely hunched over, but when a taller character grabs him, just look at how far he stretches out to keep his feet on the ground. He's really about as tall as Peach or Marth if he stands straight up with his back and legs fully vertical; it's just easy to forget about that since as a monkey he is almost never in that pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom