• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There is a small chance Diddy's pictures in the ring were taken before Little Mac's reveal? Maybe it was a slip. Guess we'll have to wait for more pics showing the ring.
While a possibility, it seems odd to me. Because one of Diddy's pics has Little Mac shown and the ring is WVBA themed.

I agree that only when more pictures of the stage are shown will we be able to draw a conclusion or at least make a plausible prediction. Of course, this will probably be definitely confirmed when we get our hands in the game or perhaps if Sakurai makes a statement about it in a a picture of the day.

Consider this way of thinking on why I think the boxing ring changes theme depending on Little Mac's presence on the stage:
- Let's assume the stage is one and the same.
- Okay, Little Mac is in the stage. Well, he's participating in a WVBA boxing tournament and the other characters are the challengers.
- Little Mac is not on the stage. The boxing ring is just hosting a regular Smash match, thus being generically themed.

Kind of like how real life stadiums and rings are often decorated differently depending on the event. If we apply the same logic to this stage, it's easy to understand why the stage changing depending on Little Mac's presence is a valid (and likely IMO) possibility. Not to mention you can make the assumption based on the pictures released so far.

Of course, I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering…

Since Sakurai said that tripping would be removed yet we see forced tripping here, do you think that means that random tripping is removed?

Regardless, I am happy to see Diddy Kong in action again. I am also glad that he is still solo… I hate the idea of a Diddy and Dixie Tag Team.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Is holding my brand new copy of Donkey Kong Contry: Tropical Freeze right now, so this update was perfect for today. XD

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Good god, that stupid Diddy/Dixie tag team thing was debunked today. Good...although we should've gotten a DK stage like Sunset Shores.

On my part, I'm still downloading the damn thing, it's 11GB!!!

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wanted Diddy's Jetpack backpack to be added to his design. I like characters with backpacks. :sadeyes:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I was wondering…

Since Sakurai said that tripping would be removed yet we see forced tripping here, do you think that means that random tripping is removed?
Are we actually still talking about this?
Regardless, I am happy to see Diddy Kong in action again. I am also glad that he is still solo… I hate the idea of a Diddy and Dixie Tag Team.
Agreed

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Goodness, that range in the pic of the day... xP

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Glad Diddy made it back, alone. He and Dedede were easily my favorite newcomers in Brawl.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I was wondering…

I'm pretty sure that normal non item induced tripping is gone.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice to see that Diddy is still going solo, but with the added flexibility that he's been given, his short frame will prove to be quite deceiving to a lot of people.

Good god, that stupid Diddy/Dixie tag team thing was debunked today. Good...although we should've gotten a DK stage like Sunset Shores.

On my part, I'm still downloading the damn thing, it's 11GB!!!
For those who are seeing this, go retail if you hate to wait.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Diddy could still be a tag team with Dixie, seeing as Zelda has been released and Sheik hasn't. The banana is an item too, plus Diddy is taunting in that last picture.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Diddy could still be a tag team with Dixie, seeing as Zelda has been released and Sheik hasn't. The banana is an item too, plus Diddy is taunting in that last picture.
The way I see it, if they were a tag team they were both on screen like Ice Climbers. That is not the case, Dixie will be standalone.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Nice to see that Diddy is still going solo, but with the added flexibility that he's been given, his short frame will prove to be quite deceiving to a lot of people.

For those who are seeing this, go retail if you hate to wait.
I live in an underdeveloped country when games arrive a month later and at 4X the price, so that isn't an option :c

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Still possible Dixie is with him, only, not on the screen at the same time like Ice Climbers are. And there's no proof that Diddy still has his Banana Peel attack, though it is likely. And even if he has it, it wouldn't be extremely unlikely if his Side Special was the 'change Kong' move. No rules to all 'changes' to Always be the Down Special.

That being said, I do not thing Dixie is with Diddy, but it's certanly not confirmed. ^^

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I predict Diddy Kong is not happening, and then he gives an American reveal. What the **** Sakurai..
And this is what happens when you think you know everything. :troll:

I just loved that Dixie reveal today guys, Sakurai really pulled off the tag-team idea. I'm totally convinced now. :awesome:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Come on, people, stop it with the Diddy/Dixie thing, the concept was lame from the very start and I'm very glad Sakurai didn't shoehorn Dixie into Diddy's moveset, he's his own character and he should stay like that. And if we get a DK newcomer, that should be K.Rool.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well I'm guessing if he didn't want to be predictable, so he revealed Mac to fool with us, and then reveal Diddy on an American release date for later. Expanding possible reveal dates I guess.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Come on, people, stop it with the Diddy/Dixie thing, the concept was lame from the very start and I'm very glad Sakurai didn't shoehorn Dixie into Diddy's moveset, he's his own character and he should stay like that. And if we get a DK newcomer, that should be K.Rool.
Correction. "I Think the concept was lame." I liked the concept. ^^ And Sakurai did, too, since it was apparantly suppose to be like that in Brawl, but was apparantly dropped cuz' of time. And Diddy being with Dixie would make sense, just like the Pokémon Trainer does. It is unlikely, but it's not confirmed there's no Dixie together with Diddy. I really want Rool or Cranky much more than Dixie, but that's Another thing.

Anyways, we'll see what the future holds.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While a possibility, it seems odd to me. Because one of Diddy's pics has Little Mac shown and the ring is WVBA themed.

I agree that only when more pictures of the stage are shown will we be able to draw a conclusion or at least make a plausible prediction. Of course, this will probably be definitely confirmed when we get our hands in the game or perhaps if Sakurai makes a statement about it in a a picture of the day.

Consider this way of thinking on why I think the boxing ring changes theme depending on Little Mac's presence on the stage:
- Let's assume the stage is one and the same.
- Okay, Little Mac is in the stage. Well, he's participating in a WVBA boxing tournament and the other characters are the challengers.
- Little Mac is not on the stage. The boxing ring is just hosting a regular Smash match, thus being generically themed.

Kind of like how real life stadiums and rings are often decorated differently depending on the event. If we apply the same logic to this stage, it's easy to understand why the stage changing depending on Little Mac's presence is a valid (and likely IMO) possibility. Not to mention you can make the assumption based on the pictures released so far.

Of course, I could be wrong.
No, it could work.
Kind of like how the Spirit Track's stage alters whether or not Toon Link is on the stage...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The one who's chances benifited the most from this is actually Kiddy Kong from DKC3. If there's one way he's getting in, it's a tag with him and Dixie.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Looks like we got it REALLY EARLY GUYS !!!!!

Edit: Pic of the day. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is out now in Europe and North America! ...And to celebrate, Diddy Kong joins the battle!! We've increased Diddy Kong's flexibility this time. This picture shows how far his punches stretch during his strong side attack.
BINGO I was right.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No, it could work.
Kind of like how the Spirit Track's stage alters whether or not Toon Link is on the stage...
That was exactly my point and what I predict. Anyway, I could be wrong and there could be a currently unknown factor to deciding what version of the ring is played.

Just like Toon Link is replaced by Alfonzo in the Spirit Tracks stage, the ring's theme could change depending if Little Mac is on the battle or not. This is what I think what happens judging by the screenshots revealed so far, but nothing can be said with 100% certainty unless Sakurai states it or when the game comes out.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, solo Diddy has been revealed. That's one item to cross off the ol' pointless debate list. Now let's see how many more items we got on here...

Solo Diddy vs Diddy + Dixie tag team
Ike vs Chrom
Ridley stage hazard vs Ridley playable
K. Rool vs Dixie
Leaky 3 Real vs Leaky 3 Fake
Palutena leak real vs Palutena leak fake
Cuts vs no cuts
Phantom vs Sheik

*sigh*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, solo Diddy has been revealed. That's one item to cross off the ol' pointless debate list. Now let's see how many more items we got on here...

Solo Diddy vs Diddy + Dixie tag team
Ike vs Chrom
Ridley stage hazard vs Ridley playable
K. Rool vs Dixie
Leaky 3 Real vs Leaky 3 Fake
Palutena leak real vs Palutena leak fake
Cuts vs no cuts
Phantom vs Sheik

*sigh*
This is Smashboards.
It will be debated till the very end...

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm still waiting on our inevitable DKC stage. I hope it's as lush and beautiful as I imagine it would be...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The original Kong duo are back!

Now all we need is K. Rool....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been kind of wondering why DK doesn't look like his Tropical Freeze counterpart (mostly his fur render), and having Diddy and DK side by side I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with how they look. But there are two things that are both equally possible here.

1. They will touch up everyone before release.
The likely reason is performance consistency. The fur would require more processing than for other characters that don't have it. Then there's the question of what would happen if you were to have DK, Diddy, Fox, and Wolf with fur renders on a busy stage with a lot of items on. That would be hella taxing on the system in comparison to other scenarios. This could also affect framerate which is a completely no-no in a fighting game.

I don't think having a more powerful console would necessarily help either as the polygons would keep going up for everyone or the texture resolution would go up. Then there's the practicality of it as I discussed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom