• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

So does everyone see how in the Boxing Ring it is back to Smash Bros theme? Looks like only when Lil Mac is being played it turns to Punch Out theme.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Not at all. The DK64 rocketbarrels were always used for extended boosts, whereas the Retro jetpack is just a cute little poot of flame. The former is the more practical Smash recovery.

Muh relevant jetpacks not in! Nooo!
Not that I'm complaining, both designs are equally fine with me. I just find it strange they didn't update them like they did with Samus's and several other characters new looks.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
His fur looks a little strange....

So does everyone see how in the Boxing Ring it is back to Smash Bros theme? Looks like only when Lil Mac is being played it turns to Punch Out theme.

I guess so, here he is with Mac and it's Punch Out again.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The PotD makes Diddy look like he fused with Lanky Kong. Sakurai also commented and said they made him more flexible....interesting. Hopefully Dixie has no chance of getting in now. Sorry that sounds selfish. I'd rather have K Rool if there was a newcomer for the series

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
It would be neat if those weren't the only two variants for the boxing stage like perhaps having one with Dedede's mug on it?

Also no diddy dixie combo it would seem...let the games begin..

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It may be an alternate theme you can pick.

Also.

YOGA OOK!

peachy!

super princess
It’s nice to see Diddy, although he’s the least impressive character look-wise, in my honest opinion.

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one a bit disappointed to see Diddy alone and not with Dixie? Yes? Ok.

Well, not really, I was indifferent to the idea, and it's cool to see Diddy nevertheless. It's just that the Dixie vs K. Rool battle will still continue...

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I guess this means Little Mac's photos/info week is over... oh well at least we got many pictures with new information about him, like that he is small and isn't good in the air (its not like we saw it on a trailer or something...)

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I like how I was kinda right about banana peels getting confirmed today.

MrPanic used Future Sight!
It's not very effective.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
if you guys didn't crack a smile while looking through his pictures you seriously have no heart.

love this little guy. glad he's back and not paired with Dixie (although I am a Dixie supporter)
Diddy deserves his own character slot.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
And yet we still have no DK stage.
I feel like the stage reveals in general are really behind the character reveals. I mean there's probably going to end up being more stages than characters, or a roughly equal amount(Brawl has 41 stages, 31 if you disclude melee stages), but right now I feel like we've got about 2 characters for every stage and a lot of unrepresented serials(Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pokémon, Fire emblem on the WiiU, Starfox). I'm hoping we'll get a rash of stage updates sometime soon, because I'm really interested to see what stages we get.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was hoping for the tag team. Oh well, Diddy rocks anyway. Even more curious if DK will get a third rep now. Dixie or K. Rool? There's real competition here! Of course, there's the slim chance they could add both, but slim as slim gets.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Not sure if Diddy Kong or Dhalsim from Street Fighter.

Anyways I was also hoping for the Diddy/Dixie tag team, because this now means if Dixie gets in there's very little hope for K Rool.

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
I've been kind of wondering why DK doesn't look like his Tropical Freeze counterpart (mostly his fur render), and having Diddy and DK side by side I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with how they look. But there are two things that are both equally possible here.

1. They will touch up everyone before release.
2. Sakurai wants them to look more like their retro counterparts.

While both are equally possible, I'm starting to lean toward two and here is why. Some things look as if they were ripped straight out of their perspective games (skyloft I'm mostly looking at you) and I'm starting to think that it's on purpose due to certain areas of the game looking great. I can look at some of the pics and know that DK and Diddy could look better because the devs are capable enough, but maybe Sakurai doesn't want them to look updated or modern? Not sure yet.

Btw those pixels on those flame effects :urg:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I was hoping for the tag team. Oh well, Diddy rocks anyway. Even more curious if DK will get a third rep now. Dixie or K. Rool? There's real competition here! Of course, there's the slim chance they could add both, but slim as slim gets.
Theres also the possibility that we might not get either even if people won't hear of it.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

This confirms several pictures we've previously seen. Now we know that tripping, as far as induced tripping, is still possible.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Diddy looks so creepy and weird on the Wii U version. First new character model that doesn't look gorgeous imo. Do not want :sadeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom