• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Theres also the possibility that we might not get either even if people won't hear of it.
It'd be a damn shame but I could actually see this happening.

We're either getting one of Dixie/K Rool or we're not getting a DK newcomer at all.

Such a shame pairing Dixie with Diddy and giving Rool his own roster slot would have been a great way for both of them to make it in... Oh well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like we got Monkey D. Luffy in smash.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Anyone else find it kinda strange that they used his old jetpack instead of his Returns or Tropical Freeze one?

Yes actually. Sakurai say's they remake the characters from scratch each time but that is obviously not the case with any of them. The functionality of the rocket barrel in the latest Country titles don't really mean much ultimately since the Smash rocket barrels don't function like the DK64 rocket barrels anyway outside of a final smash.

Either way though I don't really care. I like both rocket barrel designs.

No Guybrush, it's Monkey D. iddy!

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Although I hate the Bananas returning, at least the so-called Diddy/Dixie tag team thing is debunked.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Also, it's about damn time we have a character with a red background. There has been a serious lack of red in the page. This is why we need Roy back ASAP.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm also glad that the Diddy + Dixie tag team will probably never be a thing now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, they can still have changed Diddy's Side Special to become a 'tag in, tag out' move with Dixie jumping in. Just saying~

But anyways, Diddy looks great. ^^ Even if he's just like Before when it comes to moves, Sakurai is certanly stretching his abilities here.

Diddy. And we shall now call him... Monkey D. Luffy.

Staarih

Smash Master
We all know Sakurai is unpredictable but I find it hard to believe that such a major part as Dixie tagging along with Diddy would be hidden when Diddy himself is revealed, with many of his moves shown as well. Diddy x Dixie doesn't seem to happen, which really makes predicting a possible 3rd DK rep harder (basically either Dixie or K. Rool, preferably both!).

andimidna

Smash Master
Probablility of Dixie as her own character just shot up... high! I think things are looking pretty good for her.

The tag team idea wasn't bad, but this might be better.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Dixie as her own character does her more justice than lumping her with Diddy.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Well with tripping still in the game, it makes me wonder now, will tripping see any changes in how it works or will it still function as it did in Brawl? Personally I'd like it stay as it currently functions, minus the random tripping anyways.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I told you, bro. I told you about Sakurai.
IT KEEPS HAPPENIN'!

Also, I actually do think Diddy looks better on the 3DS version. I'm kinda starting to become more interested in the 3DS version than the Wii U one, honestly.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Gotta say, I'm not a fan of his stretchy limbs. It looks too weird. Maybe it'll play different in game. Pics really didn't do Diddy justice in Brawl for the Smash Dojo either.

Visually, he looks fine to me though

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Haha! Diddy was revealed today. That made my Friday!

Anyways, Sakurao should ero pushy consider using the fir shaders Retro used with Tropical Freeze. Both kong's fir looks fine from a distance, but a bit washed out up close.

Last edited by a moderator:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
We now have 24 characters revealed.

There was 24 characters (25 if you include Sheik) revealed at the time of launch for Brawl.

I'm liking the size of this roster.
At this rate there is no question that there'll be 40+ characters.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wasn't expecting another character reveal so early. Guess it's cool. I was hoping for a DKC stage revealed though. We haven't had a new stage reveal in a while, so this would've been the best time. :L

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Wasn't expecting another character reveal so early. Guess it's cool. I was hoping for a DKC stage revealed though. We haven't had a new stage reveal in a while, so this would've been the best time. :L
Well, technically, we had the 3DS Punch-Out Ring revealed alongside Little Mac's announcement.

But the most recent "new" stage was probably the Palutena's Temple pic released near the end of January (IIRC). So it's been almost a month since we got an actual new stage reveal. I actually think one stage per month minimum is a good way to go (let's hope 3DS Punch-Out doesn't mean we'll have to wait until March for a new stage, if so).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Diddy Kong! Nice to see another character reveal. And so it's the third month in a row to have two character reveals. Nice.

I also noticed the Smash-themed Boxing Ring is still in... I think its theme will change depending on Little Mac's presence, just like how Alfonzo replaces Toon Link on the Spirit Train stage. Notice how, so far, all Boxing Ring pictures with Little Mac have it WVBA themed, while all Boxing Ring pictures without Little Mac have it Smash Bros. themed.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Here is the Smasbros-Miiverse site for Diddy Kong

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/diddy_kong

Im not sure if those are the aerial movesets or not, i dont remember. And about the banana peel... is not his special peel? when does he clap the hands like that?... any suggestion? thanks! :)
Diddy clapping his hands is one of his taunts. ^^ So, either he used the Banana peel and then used his Taunt, or that is just an item someone slipped on and he used his taunt. It's most likely Diddy's, but not confirmed.
And it looks like his Up Tilt uses a fist instead of palm. Neat.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Diddy Kong! Nice to see another character reveal. And so it's the third month in a row to have two character reveals. Nice.

I also noticed the Smash-themed Boxing Ring is still in... I think its theme will change depending on Little Mac's presence, just like how Alfonzo replaces Toon Link on the Spirit Train stage. Notice how, so far, all Boxing Ring pictures with Little Mac have it WVBA themed, while all Boxing Ring pictures without Little Mac have it Smash Bros. themed.
This hadn't occurred to me at all. A very interesting notion, if true.

Of course, the broader question raised here is how other stages might change with the presence or absence of certain characters. Hopefully, more little touches like Spirit Tracks and the Punch-Out Ring(s) are found throughout the stage selection.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
This hadn't occurred to me at all. A very interesting notion, if true.

Of course, the broader question raised here is how other stages might change with the presence or absence of certain characters. Hopefully, more little touches like Spirit Tracks and the Punch-Out Ring(s) are found throughout the stage selection.
I already said this...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

There is a small chance Diddy's pictures in the ring were taken before Little Mac's reveal? Maybe it was a slip. Guess we'll have to wait for more pics showing the ring.

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
Can't technically confirm banana in his moveset until it's shown being used or described by Sakurai in a potd, just like you can't say that phantom is part of Zelda's moveset with 100% certainty.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Except for, you know, the difference that bananas were already part of Diddy's move set.

Which makes it not like the Phantom at all.

RODO

Smash Ace
Except for, you know, the difference that bananas were already part of Diddy's move set.

Which makes it not like the Phantom at all.
Well yeah, but that wasn't the point. It should go without saying though that it's not 100% confirmed though until it actually is confirmed. Too many instances of people jumping the gun already (remember the toon link on the spirit tracks stage?)

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or dose it look like Diddy dislocates his arms when he attacks now

Anyway Its nice to hear they are working on giving him more reach for his melee attacks

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Is it just me or dose it look like Diddy dislocates his arms when he attacks now

Anyway Its nice to hear they are working on giving him more reach for his melee attacks
Monkey D. Luffy, you know. :D

And yeah, I love how he looks here. But people, remember that it's not actually confirmed there's no Dixie, nor confirmed that the Banana came from his move. I don't Think Dixie is with Diddy here, but nothing Points to her being there or not. ^^ Sakurai could simply save her for a later date.
Either way, I hope they replace Monkey Flip with something. I had never any use for it, and it felt kinda lacking.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can't technically confirm banana in his moveset until it's shown being used or described by Sakurai in a potd, just like you can't say that phantom is part of Zelda's moveset with 100% certainty.
You would be excellent on wikis. No jumping the gun even when it seems 90% true.

D

Deleted member

Now along with his pretty unchanged look, I fear he'll keep his generic chimp voice from Brawl, like for Donkey who'll keep his generic gorilla voice too.

I would prefer they have their voices from the modern DK games, they give them more personality.

I can't wait to see a Returns/Tropical Freeze-themed stage too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom