• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why does Megman look so huge? He didn't look that much bigger in the trailer...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think weak aerials will actually play to his favor. Weak aerials chain great into grounded attacks or grabs at above average percentages will be good.

SH aerial > machine gun upper > Re-launch > Up B
This is actually a very good point. If that's the case, Mac will definitely be a very interesting character when ti comes to using his aerials onstage.

However, it makes me wonder if he'll have ANY aerial kill moves to use.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Does Little Mac's attacks make everyone bigger or something?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"when will there be a cool newcomer like baby mario or baby luigi rayman and yoshi"
"cool newcomer like yoshi"

I love the Miiverse comments.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Good god its like reading the newspaper except its actually cardboard with Mitt Romneys face on it.
THIS IS WHERE AWESOMEFACE, HYPE TRAIN, EPIC SAX GUY, AND DOGE PICS WOULD GO LAWL IM SO RANDOM AND TRENDY. Im not bitter I swear.
And this is where I would post that gif diagram which depicts your head, and the joke going over it.

Little Mac's arm appears to be bent at roughly 95 degrees, though it will most likely contract to <90 degrees further into the arc of the strike.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Does Little Mac's punches make everyone bigger or something?
Yes. His gloves are made from red mushrooms from the Mario series, so every time he punches someone, they get bigger.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is actually a very good point. If that's the case, Mac will definitely be a very interesting character when ti comes to using his aerials onstage.

However, it makes me wonder if he'll have ANY aerial kill moves to use.
And just to ask, please tell me that discussing various moveset possibilities based on visual aspects from said PotD doesn't count as being off topic and warranting an infraction? That'd be just plain meta. >_>

In addition, please tell me that asking about possible things that "warrant infractions" doesn't also warrant infractions in of itself.

...Ugh. Now I feel paranoid. Maybe I just won't post in here anymore. -.-

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We all knew it was going to be a throwaway pic but, I agree, this is pretty bad. It might as well have said "Little Mac is a boxer. If you look closely, you'll notice he wears boxing gloves to punch things with." Every week has at least one pic like this so at least they got it out of the way early.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think we should have a "Miiverse PotD Social Thread"
Or uh.. use the Sm4sh social thread.
I don't see the point in having another social thread just to be specific to the pictures when that's easily done in the normal social thread.
What, does everyone feel uncomfortable doing it in there because it doesn't mention the PoTD in the title? Yeesh.

In any case, since the trailer I've been fascinated with how tiny Little Mac is. This just makes everything so much better.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
That "what the hell am I doing?" expression is amazing, and I'd love to see the rest of Little Mac's aerial attacks. Can't wait to go slow-mo, max zoom Training Mode on this muddafugga.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
And just to ask, please tell me that discussing various moveset possibilities based on visual aspects from said PotD doesn't count as being off topic and warranting an infraction? That's be just plain meta. >_>

In addition, please tell me that asking about possible things that "warrant infractions" doesn't also warrant infractions in of itself.

...Ugh. Now I feel paranoid. Maybe I just won't post in here anymore. -.-
Be careful. Discussing non-derailing subjects don't kill people. Derailment through meta-discussion kills people.
Remember: For safety, always include a comment directly related to the picture.

Is Mac's hair exactly the same as in PO Wii?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My point was there is already a Smash 4 related social thread. There is no need for another, nor is there any need to lament about it here.

Of course Toast ninja'd me on this. Point still stands.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My point was there is already a Smash 4 related social thread. There is no need for another, nor is there any need to lament about it here.

Of course Toast ninja'd me on this. Point still stands.
Or uh.. use the Sm4sh social thread.
I don't see the point in having another social thread just to be specific to the pictures when that's easily done in the normal social thread.
What, does everyone feel uncomfortable doing it in there because it doesn't mention the PoTD in the title? Yeesh.
That's an easy one.

Because no one ever talks about Smash in the Smash 4 Social Thread and if they do, it's not for very long. That includes the PotD, which is only ever discussed for too short of an amount of time in there to even try to make jokes about it because they're too busy talking about what they ate for breakfast, what retro game is the best thing ever or isn't, what their sexual values are and most important of all Fire Emblem.

I miss last week's Reading Rainbow. :<

Be careful. Discussing non-derailing subjects don't kill people. Derailment through meta-discussion kills people.
Remember: For safety, always include a comment directly related to the picture.

Is Mac's hair exactly the same as in PO Wii?
Apparently so. It's was always kind of awkward for me to see him look as he does in Brawl but then see picture of him everywhere else looking totally different.

That said, his design here is clearly superior to his design in Brawl.

Also, I want a PotD of Giga Mac vs Giga Bowser. Who's with me?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's an easy one.

Because no one ever talks about Smash in the Smash 4 Social Thread and if they do, it's not for very long. That includes the PotD, which is only ever discussed for too short of an amount of time in there to even try to make jokes about it because they're too busy talking about what they ate for breakfast, what retro game is the best thing ever or isn't, what their sexual values are and most important of all Fire Emblem.

I don't know about you, but vibrating pictures captioned "_____ INTENSIFIES" relating to the current picture isn't really much a discussion anyway. "It's not for very long" probably is perfect for such. Otherwise, if the topic clicks with everyone, it will stick. If I remember correctly, everyone in the social thread got in trouble once for being too off topic for too long so it's not like they aren't always consciously trying to be somewhat on topic at times. The topic being Sm4sh. Broadly Sm4sh. Including the pictures. Sm4sh pictures.

Apparently so. It's was always kind of awkward for me to see him look as he does in Brawl but then see picture of him everywhere else looking totally different.

I do, but because I made that joke on a Facebook post about Giga Mac once, and also that would mean two final smashes at once.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
That's an easy one.

I agree.
And apparently my hair question was taken seriously. Good to know, I guess.

Have Mac's gloves always been that color?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I agree.

I take everything seriously. Mac's hair is possibly the most important thing in all of Smash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm not understanding this ongoing argument. You can discuss the actual game here or you can discuss irrelevant material elsewhere. I'm not seeing how it's desirable to have a thread in which we make a really vague pretense of discussing the game but actually don't which was often what the previous thread degenerated into.

As per this picture, I dunno how to really evaluate Little Mac's aerials other than taking Sakurai's word that they aren't good, but that animation frame to me kinda looks like it might belong to something overall slower in terms of aerials which is a much better predictor of whether an aerial will be good than how hard it hits; if that's overall as laggy as just doing the uppercut, it really would destroy most reason to jump at the opponent. I look forward to being able to check that out directly, of course. This is also a much better and clearer view on just how small he is than the trailer gave us; Little Mac is about the same size as Mega Man or Mario which is unusually short for a more realistic human, and it's going to have some real gameplay implications that I imagine mostly work out in his favor (being big is mostly just bad in smash).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't know about you, but vibrating pictures captioned "_____ INTENSIFIES" relating to the current picture isn't really much a discussion anyway. "It's not for very long" probably is perfect for such. Otherwise, if the topic clicks with everyone, it will stick. If I remember correctly, everyone in the social thread got in trouble once for being too off topic for too long so it's not like they aren't always consciously trying to be somewhat on topic at times. The topic being Sm4sh. Broadly Sm4sh. Including the pictures. Sm4sh pictures.

I do, but because I made that joke on a Facebook post about Giga Mac once, and also that would mean two final smashes at once.
For the first part, I'm going to have to disagree simply because the way things are not aren't interesting enough for me to bring up a discussion I'm legitimately interested in or even have fun with. There's no room for it.

I basically have to pretend to bring up legitimate topics.

Speaking of which, who's to say that Smash 4 didn't get an upgrade for FS's to where two people can have them at once, now? Or perhaps there are two versions of Giga Bowser this time around? One that's Bowser's FS and another that's a secret boss again like in Melee?

You can't tell me you don't want that...Well, okay you can, but I won't believe you! D:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm not understanding this ongoing argument. You can discuss the actual game here or you can discuss irrelevant material elsewhere. I'm not seeing how it's desirable to have a thread in which we make a really vague pretense of discussing the game but actually don't which was often what the previous thread degenerated into.
I agree, off-topic posts are degenerate material and should be treated as such.

Though I cut it from the quote, I agree with your statement about aerials.

One step ahead of you.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Little Mac. Of course, not surprised. Of course since we analyzed the trailer pixel by pixel, we already know he's not particularly the best in the air.

Good show Sakurai, can't wait to see more Mac tomorrow.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I agree.

Actually, they haven't.

In Brawl, they were more of a dusty looking Moss Green. Here, they're a little more lime color or maybe like a Crayola green of some kind.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the first part, I'm going to have to disagree simply because the way things are not aren't interesting enough for me to bring up a discussion I'm legitimately interested in or even have fun with. There's no room for it.

Speaking of which, who's to say that Smash 4 didn't get an upgrade for FS's to where two people can have them at once, now? Or perhaps there are two versions of Giga Bowser this time around? One that's Bowser's FS and another that's a secret boss again like in Melee?

You can't tell me you don't want that...Well, okay you can, but I won't believe you! D:
All I'm saying is that silly reaction gifs don't really deserve a place anywhere except for a random sm4sh based social conversation.

I just said I wanted there to be multiple smash's at once, or at least a way for Giga to fight Giga. I would thoroughly enjoy it.
Though the lack of flinching would be kind of funny to watch and only practical in a stamina match.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hopefully Mac doesn't turn into the next Link: a character with a great ground game but is ultimately ruined by having a trash offstage game. Depending on the final physics of this game, not having any projectiles could really hurt him too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
All I'm saying is that silly reaction gifs don't really deserve a place anywhere except for a random sm4sh based social conversation.

I just said I wanted there to be multiple smash's at once, or at least a way for Giga to fight Giga. I would thoroughly enjoy it.
Though the lack of flinching would be kind of funny to watch and only practical in a stamina match.
And I'm saying I disagree, so let's just agree to disagree and move on.

In doing so, that's why I suggested the idea of two Giga Bowser's. The boss Giga Bowser would still flinch, thus allowing for him and Giga Mac to attack each other in a more satisfyin--Wait a second...I don't think Giga Mac flinched in the trailer either...

****. There goes my idea. - -

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

I could see an event match in which it's Mac v Bowser, then GM v GB.

I need another picture comment for Wave to take seriously....

...Think the stage [that was featured in this, the most recent, picture] will have a toggle-able appearance?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Hopefully Mac doesn't turn into the next Link: a character with a great ground game but is ultimately ruined by having a trash offstage game. Depending on the final physics of this game, not having any projectiles could really hurt him too.
From the stuff we've seen so far, including Sakurai's post on today's pic, I think this is exactly what's going to happen. But I think he'll make Mac's ground game so strong that it won't entirely matter that his aerial game is sub-par... Scratch that. I PRAY that this will be the case.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
From the stuff we've seen so far, including Sakurai's post on today's pic, I think this is exactly what's going to happen. But I think he'll make Mac's ground game so strong that it won't entirely matter that his aerial is sub-par... Scratch that. I PRAY that this will be the case.
So in other words, Olimar. It's funny how Olimar was dismissed as garbage because of this really early on in the Brawl metagame but then wound up becoming one of the game's best years down the road.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
How about Giga Mac vs Giga Bowser as an Event match? Sounds good to me.
A special versus mode in which Transformation Final Smashes are always turned on could be a neat addition. Though it would exclude any characters with Cinematic, Attack, or Effect-based Final Smashes.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
A special versus mode in which Transformation Final Smashes are always turned on could be a neat addition. Though it would exclude any characters Cinematic, Attack, or Effect-based Final Smashes.
Mhm. Just to have more fleshed out ways of using Final Smashes other than by beating up a Smash Ball in a regular match. Maybe even some survival-based matches where you need to avoid every opponents Final Smash (at once, even >:B).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom