• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would comment on how I agree with this, but I believe meta-discussion is considered "off topic."
I therefore advise everyone to refrain from such derailing subjects.

Some "Fun and Socially Interactive Digression Alternatives" include:
Pixel-by-pixel analysis of the image
Calculating the angle of bent joints
Naming the characters seen in the picture (but only if it takes up multiple lines, as anything else would constitute a "One-Liner").
Other alternatives include:
Claiming to see a purple dragon in the picture
Cursing the image's author for releasing the image
Claiming the image is lackluster and asking about the consensus of the content of tomorrow's image

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Claiming the image is lackluster and asking about the consensus of the content of tomorrow's image
Beware, as these alternatives can result of the side effects of
Purple dragon supporters insulting you over the internet
Random people calling you entitled and childish over the internet
And being accused of being a pessimistic *******.

Also, an immediate ban will follow if purple dragon is not proven to be in picture.

Last edited:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Im IMMENSELY fighting the urge to post ****loads of gifs and videos.

We'll get a pic of Lil Mac for sure. Whew, glad I said that cuz no one else did already. Load off my back.

Im still pissed Lil Mac is even in, plus they showed off his FS while we still havent seen most of anyone elses (mostly Rosalinas).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if Sakurai will mention Tropical Freeze this week. We got Zelda not long after Rosalina so I wouldn't be at all shocked if we get Diddy this week or next.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It's not a difficult concept to take the banter about the PoTD to the social thread.

Besides, talking about the rules in this thread is kind of derailing it and I'm risking getting penalized just to point this out.
We have a social thread already is all.

Er... Little Mac 2014.
I have trouble dealing with the idea of leaving the miiverse pic of the day topic to talk about the miiverse pic of the day.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The foremost of those would be considered "Trolling."
One could also make the argument that the second one is a form of meta-discussion, which is still presumed illegal.
I do agree with the latter-most one though, it is indeed a safe and healthy topic that promotes relevant discussion and prevents thread derailment.

Also, to again prevent this post from consisting solely of meta-discussion:
I believe it would be reasonable to expect a Miiverse Picture of the Day depicting Little Mac and a member of the currently revealed roster who is shorter than him, in attempt to be humerus, due to the irony of someone whose moniker contains the adjective "Little" not, in fact, be the smallest member present, despite the other members not having monikers that reference their respective or comparative statures.
It inspires a desire to laugh-out-loud in reaction to the novelty of the ironic situation.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

We'll get a pic of Lil Mac for sure. Whew, glad I said that cuz no one else did already. Load off my back.

Im still pissed Lil Mac is even in, plus they showed off his FS while we still havent seen most of anyone elses (mostly Rosalinas).
I don't understand why people could be mad at an inclusion, especially when said character is intensely requested and beloved by many fans and actually looks fun to use.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have trouble dealing with the idea of leaving the miiverse pic of the day topic to talk about the miiverse pic of the day.
I have trouble not being able to post a meme or image that is funny and within context of the PotD. For instance when the image of the Nintendog was posted and Sakurai said he has no idea what he's doing, that image of the dog at the computer saying he doesn't know what he's doing was pure gold.

Anyway, Little Mac punching Luigi's nose.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

I don't understand why it's such a big issue that we do that...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pic of the day. Little Mac can deliver some solid punches while fighting on the ground.

...However, he's not the strongest fighter while airborne. Try keeping his feet on the ground and avoid being blasted into the air when you use him in battles.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't understand why people could be mad at an inclusion, especially when said character is intensely requested and beloved by many fans and actually looks fun to use.
*Briefly turning off caricaturishly hyper-formalized speech*
I agree. I can understand not supporting him before his reveal, given the uninteresting and stupid movesets people gave him.
I believe Wave once proposed a parody moveset, which had such things as LM jumping by punching the ground to propel himself into the air.

The PotD is actually a good shot of MM, who we don't see up close very often.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Pic of the day. Little Mac can deliver some solid punches while fighting on the ground.

...However, he's not the strongest fighter while airborne. Try keeping his feet on the ground and avoid being blasted into the air when you use him in battles.

So basically Sakurai said in 40 words what doc said in one sentence of mac's reveal trailer.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey, there are two pics today!

Still nothing very notable today. Now it's slightly less likely Mac will show up in a pic tomorrow.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Based on the trailer, those attacks look to be Mac's F-Tilt or U-Tilt (not sure) and his N-Air or B-Air (also not sure).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

No ****, Sakurai. You just told us the same thing Little Mac's coach said in the trailer.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Does Mac not like Mega Man? First he completely destroys Mega Man in the trailer and now he's beating him up in the ring.
Also, love how expressive characters are this game and Little Mac is no exception.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Little Mac looks great. I really like his facial expressions...as well as all the expressions in this game.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Hey, there are two pics today!

Looks like Mac will mostly be a ground based character.
This is where I would post a monochromatic caricature of Nicholas Cage, but it would be in violation of the rules.

To avoid MD (meta-discussion): What move do we all think it is, and what is the angle his elbow is bent at?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Even though it was already mentioned in his trailer, I like these pictures and love the way Sakurai is balancing Mac. He won't be OP... just juggle him! Lightweight and powerful - my favourite style.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As expected, it's Little Mac. Not a particularly interesting picture. :/

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I kept wanting to comment on this thread, but everything I prepared to say ended up being a snarky remark. XS

On the subject of the pictures, I find them to be awfully redundant, given that the reveal trailer explained the basics of Mac's playstyle already (and in a far more entertaining manner).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh right, pics of the day. I'm probably the only one here who actually completely forgot that was a thing. XD

So yeah. Little Mac uppercuts Mega Man. Little Mac is great on the stage and **** in the air. One might say he's a Landmaster.

No wait, wrong franchise. ¦D

...Ugh, this thread is so boring now. Now I actually feel like it should just be part of the Social Thread so we can actually have some fun with this stuff again. ¦<

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Mega man looks like a giant mongoloid next to Mac. I guess they got macs stature right, but it's weird seeing megaman who's about the size of Mario being huge to him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm more concerned with the fact that Little Mac makes Mega Man look like a guy in a Mega Man mascot outfit.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Come on, Sakurai! What purpose does Doc serve? Was he just part of the trailer? Is he in the game? IS HE MAC'S ALTERNATE COSTUME?! These are the questions, people!

I think weak aerials will actually play to his favor. Weak aerials chain great into grounded attacks or grabs at above average percentages will be good.

SH aerial > machine gun upper > Re-launch > Up B

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Based on the trailer, those attacks look to be Mac's F-Tilt or U-Tilt (not sure) and his N-Air or B-Air (also not sure).
From the way his body is positioned, it's most likely his B-Air

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Oh right, pics of the day. I'm probably the only one here who actually completely forgot that was a thing. XD

So yeah. Little Mac uppercuts Mega Man. Little Mac is great on the stage and **** in the air. One might say he's a Landmaster.

No wait, wrong franchise. ¦D

...Ugh, this thread is so boring now. Now I actually feel like it should just be part of the Social Thread so we can actually have some fun with this stuff again. ¦<
Personally, I prefer the ground!

I think we should have a "Miiverse PotD Social Thread"

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm more concerned with the fact that Little Mac makes Mega Man look like a guy in a Mega Man mascot outfit.
I thought Mario standing next to more "human-like" characters as Zelda, Link, etc was creepy, but that Mega Man in today's pic is stuff from nightmares. Jesus. Good thing I slept before seeing today's daily picture.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
This is where I would post a monochromatic caricature of Nicholas Cage, but it would be in violation of the rules.

To avoid MD (meta-discussion): What move do we all think it is, and what is the angle his elbow is bent at?
Good god its like reading the newspaper except its actually cardboard with Mitt Romneys face on it.
THIS IS WHERE AWESOMEFACE, HYPE TRAIN, EPIC SAX GUY, AND DOGE PICS WOULD GO LAWL IM SO RANDOM AND TRENDY. Im not bitter I swear.

Its OBVIOUSLY an inverse hypotenuse angle.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I predict Little Mac for the next 2 pics at least, and then Diddy/Dixie tag team reveal at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom