• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
So now that the eye-watering theme of Smashboards is over, I can finally stop taking everyone everything says with a grain of salt. I just hope a Direct is announced soon. I am not as patient as I would like to believe.

Any predictions as to what the PotD will be? I'm not playing that game tonight. I'm going to bed. I'll be back in seven hours and see if Smashboards has exploded or not.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
I just want Ike... because when he is revealed, the last of the most heavily speculated cuts would be safe, being Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link, which would guarantee that every Brawl veteran except for perhaps Snake will return. Plus, Ike is just too badass and I wanna see his design after seeing Marth's redesign (steroid Ike pls Sakurai)
It would guarantee every Brawl veteran to return? I hear a lot more worry over Wolf, Lucas, and even R.O.B. for some reason.

Nobody likes R.O.B. :glare:

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
People keep mentioning a Mario Kart rumor and a Direct on Thursday and other people keep asking for links or proof of this rumor and nobody is providing.

I just spent like an hour trying to Google anything that would turn up this story and have found nothing. So what's going on? What is this Mario Kart 8 rumor and a Thursday Direct?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Probably just a filler. We had so many good pics recently that I do expect a filler eventually, though I could be wrong. If it's something new, then no complains.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
...eh...we've waited so long to see a veteran like Wario or Yoshi, that if we saw them I don't even think I'd care unless they were seriously changed. Is that weird? Like if they announced Meta Knight or Ice Climbers today all i'd have to offer is "Okay."

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
People keep mentioning a Mario Kart rumor and a Direct on Thursday and other people keep asking for links or proof of this rumor and nobody is providing.

I just spent like an hour trying to Google anything that would turn up this story and have found nothing. So what's going on? What is this Mario Kart 8 rumor and a Thursday Direct?
Probably just that, a rumor. Nothings ever concrete if there's no proof behind a rumor. Probably just something someone started and passed down to pass as a rumor.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi or Wario wouldn't leave me satisfied either after so long a wait. I'd want another character again right away. Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, revamped Ganondorf, or Snake would be the only Veterans that would justify such a long wait.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Probably just that, a rumor. Nothings ever concrete if there's no proof behind a rumor. Probably just something someone started and passed down to pass as a rumor.
The Mario Kart thing comes from a deleted tweet from GameXplain that promised a ton of new Mario Kart 8 info this week (I think it said Thursday).

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
I thought R.O.B. was kind of cute...in a weird sort of way.
I think R.O.B. is wonderful. He's a character practically made out of Nintendo history, like Mr. Game & Watch. G&W wasn't too well-received in his debut either, even though people warmed up to him a little more in Brawl. I sincerely hope he won't be cut.

Here's hoping for a Nintendo Direct this weekend, next weekend… whenever. Some time this year would be nice.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
The Mario Kart thing comes from a deleted tweet from GameXplain that promised a ton of new Mario Kart 8 info this week (I think it said Thursday).
When was this tweeted by GameXplain? Before or on April Fools?

Either way, that's enough proof to warrant some juicy discussion, so here's hoping it's true.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
When was this tweeted by GameXplain? Before or on April Fools?

Either way, that's enough proof to warrant some juicy discussion, so here's hoping it's true.
It was last week.

I think there was another hint towards a Mario Kart 8 info dump from a different source as well.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, we'll see if a Direct gets announces today for tomorrow. If so, let the hype begin. As for character reveals, I'm pretty sure the next one is saved for a Direct, whenever that may be. Hopefully soon though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Stuff like that should be discussed in the Rumors/Leaks thread. The stuff usually discussed in there should be in here.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand save the rest for next April Fool's.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
So when does the potd get updated now? Is it still around this time?
Usually.

I've transitioned into just waking up for a pic, but some nights, like tonight, I stay up for the pic, depending on the time I have to work the next day, or how tired I am.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
We already had one this year though!
Was… was that a joke? What was the joke? Am I missing something here? Nintendo Directs are scheduled every two months. I must be slow, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

So when does the potd get updated now? Is it still around this time?
Welllll… yeah. Kind of. Anytime between now and three hours from now, depending on the day. :ohwell:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Was… was that a joke? What was the joke? Am I missing something here? Nintendo Directs are scheduled every two months. I must be slow, because I have no idea what you're talking about.
You said you wanted a direct sometime this year. I said that we already had one this year (Little Mac reveal).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Usually.

I've transitioned into just waking up for a pic, but some nights, like tonight, I stay up for the pic, depending on the time I have to work the next day, or how tired I am.
Interesting... Hopefully it shows up soon and is awesome so i can go to bed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom