• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we get a character this week, it's most likely to be on Friday or Thursday. But tonight's pic is following a relatively boring pic (outlines), and Sakurai tends to make up for filler with something cool the next day.

Needless to say, Nintendo as a whole needs an excitement injection right now.
Todays pic wasn't filler. I thought it was cool.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
It all comes down to whether Sakurai could live with himself if he allows an entire calendar month to pass without giving us a playable character.

Sakurai: "hmm, it would be kinda disappointing for the fans if I let March pass without a veteran reveal. Better reveal one then!"

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yes, we knew this but we hadn't seen it yet plus the update confirmed that the game would contain 3D features.
I've been wondering about something. When the first trailer came out, the character outlines were black, and shown in the animation as being so, in a stylized manner. Then later, it was announced that they will have colors based on the character.

Was it ever mentioned whether the color thing was an option or a permanent change?

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Didn't we already know that line widths were customizable?

That said, for me it wasn't the worst type of PotD, even though it didn't reveal any new info.
Actually, the pic showed us for the first time what the characters in the 3DS version look without their outlines. It also revealed that the game will indeed feature 3D display, a feature a few questioned if it were to be in because X/Y didn't have it in the overworld.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually, that wasn't a fake-out pic.
Little Mac's pic counted as an early pic for that Friday.
I still don't count the Direct pics though because they're deliberate filler pics. Onto tonight... my guess is an AT, whether old or new given how Waluigi was the last one and that was a little less than a month ago.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
It's gonna be Lucas next. Because I say so :]

But in other news, to what fatmanonice said, I'm kinda thinking a Direct is coming soon. Nintendo opted to not go to Pax this year mind you, retailers have been leaking a earlier release of Mario Kart and it's the perfect time to give a juicy direct before E3 ships start pumping. I think they may have something to share, given that so little was actually announced last direct.

I'll give it to the first week of April. That sound just about right.

Newcomer and a veteran before E3 is my guess.
has a game ever been released earlier then there announced release date?

juddy96

Smash Lord
I still don't count the Direct pics though because they're deliberate filler pics. Onto tonight... my guess is an AT, whether old or new given how Waluigi was the last one and that was a little less than a month ago.
The last pokeball pokemon was Dedenne, the day after Waluigi. That's also possible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Japan's getting a huge GBA dump for the Wii U VC on Thursday so there's a super slim chance that could lead the way to some reveals... let's see what's actually coming out...

Looks like:

-Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
-Golden Sun
-Wario Ware
-Advance Wars
-F-Zero
-Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Potential Yoshi/Metaknight/Wario/Captain Falcon/Your Mom reveal tomorrow?

Add in: Disregard. This doesn't happen until next Thursday. I suck at proof-reading.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Japan's getting a huge GBA dump for the Wii U VC on Thursday so there's a super slim chance that could lead the way to some reveals... let's see what's actually coming out...

Looks like:

-Golden Sun
-Wario Ware
-Advance Wars
-F-Zero

It would make sense for a veteran on Thursday because of this. But it's Sakurai. He does whatever he wants.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122

Looks like:

-Golden Sun
-Wario Ware
-Advance Wars
-F-Zero

My Mom would make a great character. Top tier.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Looks like:

-Golden Sun
-Wario Ware
-Advance Wars
-F-Zero

Is that coming out in America?

Also, I think that could indeed be an MK reveal. He plays a huge role in that one (it's one of maybe two games where he's more than just a boss).
And, IIR, it's the last mainline Kirby game Sakurai directed.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is that coming out in America?

Also, I think that could indeed be an MK reveal. He plays a huge role in that one (it's one of maybe two games where he's more than just a boss).
Yes, disregard what I said earlier... Japan gets the VC dump next Thursday. Please pelt me with rocks at your earliest convenience.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am betting on another Marth-like reveal for this month or if not then Yoshi assuming we get a character this month (personally I'd prefer the former), either way I wouldn't bet on one tonight.

Please pelt me with rocks at your earliest convenience.
Don't tempt us...

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I honestly hope not. We need an actual character character that takes up a spot on the roster.
YEAH! Roster Slot Count is what matters! **** all those freeloaders who have only 26 moves! We need more!
Why reveal some dependent like Sheik when you can instead get a totally independent and contributing character like Roy or Dr. Mario!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
YEAH! Roster Slot Count is what matters! **** all those freeloaders who have only 26 moves! We need more!
Why reveal some dependent like Sheik when you can instead get a totally independent and contributing character like Roy or Dr. Mario!
Or how about getting characters who have been hinted at for around 3 months now, *coughWARIOcough*, out of the way so we get actually surprising reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom