• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Or they could do a 3D World/Galaxy deal, and just do a pic with all Mario characters (and DK) on the recently showcased stage.
;~; But that'd be boring. Let's cross our fingers that this isn't the case.

I mean, I'm not completely set that we're getting a reveal tonight, I'm more of a 'whatever happens, happens' sort've guy when it comes to the PotD, but still.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I do think we'll get a character reveal in the next two days, but I don't think it will be Yoshi, Wario, or Snake. It'll be Zero Suit Samus for the Super Metroid anniversary. I know game anniversaries aren't a reliable way to predict reveals, but I figured I'd throw another contender in the mix. Discuss.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
I don't want to guess a character, because then it wont be one, so I predict a Mario assist trophy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm 95% certain we'll get a veteran today. Getting closer to the release Sakurai should reveal characters more frequently.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
so apparently people tonight have expectations of a vetaren and if we don't get one everyone gonna complain? :p

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I wonder what the goings on are in Sakurai's office regarding the pic of the day.

I think it's purely casual, considering the time frame of the Potd's become steadily more lax in recent weeks.

I wonder what the goings on are in Sakurai's office regarding the pic of the day.

I think it's purely casual, considering the time frame of the Potd's become steadily more lax in recent weeks.
I suspect that, to prevent premature PotD leaks, he doesn't take the screenshot until it's about time to upload it. Translating the caption to various languages probably doesn't take too long.

Some people have said that updates for new characters are sometimes late (I haven't noticed either way), which I guess is because he's also taking the ten screenshots for their character page moments before it goes live.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I suspect that, to prevent premature PotD leaks, he doesn't take the screenshot until it's about time to upload it. Translating the caption to various languages probably doesn't take too long.

Some people have said that updates for new characters are sometimes late (I haven't noticed either way), which I guess is because he's also taking the ten screenshots for their character page moments before it goes live.
This could also could explain some filler pics. Sakurai could've been strapped for time and just ran into the lounge area, snapped a quick screenshot of whatever is happening, added a caption and breathed a sigh of relief.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't want to get my hopes up for a veteran reveal, but I think if we don't get one tonight, tomorrow I wont be able to control myself.

I hope we get something new tonight, if it's not a veteran. I love the new items, AT's and Pokeball Pokemon. We haven't had a Pokemon in a while, so I'm going to guess that.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I don't want to get my hopes up for a veteran reveal, but I think if we don't get one tonight, tomorrow I wont be able to control myself.

I hope we get something new tonight, if it's not a veteran. I love the new items, AT's and Pokeball Pokemon. We haven't had a Pokemon in a while, so I'm going to guess that.
u would think after a filler pic like yesterday he would give us something.

Shroob

Sup?
It's been what, 3-4 weeks since Diddy? We're loooong overdue considering we've been getting 2 a month up til this point.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sakurai could always bring something out of the left field. Like highlighting a character move change or mechanic change or maybe even a detail or part of a stage we haven't heard much about yet. After Tuesday's update, the only stage I feel needs to be explained is Arena Ferox. After the statutes screenshot, that stage has been in shambles!

D

Deleted member

Come on, Snake! I know you're out there, stop crawling around Sakurai's office & get back to Smash Bros!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda of wish there was a way to de-confirm Snake before the game comes out, because I really feel for people who still have their hopes about him.

I want them to get their wish don't get me wrong. I just don't see it happening and if that's true I want Sakurai to just come out right and say ''No Snake this time." instead of waiting for everyone to find out when the game is released.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I kinda of wish there was a way to de-confirm Snake before the game comes out, because I really feel for people who still have their hopes about him.

I want them to get their wish don't get me wrong. I just don't see it happening and if that's true I want Sakurai to just come out right and say ''No Snake this time." instead of waiting for everyone to find out when the game is released.
The same could be said for anyone hoping for a character, we could get to release with no mewtwo in sight and people would go bananas. But yeah id at least be over it by the time of release if he did just own up to it beforehand, but i doubt he ever would since doing so would make people focus on the negative above the positive.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Pretty much the only hope i have for snake is the fact that this hasn't happened.
If snake doesn't come back, (assuming all other brawl vets come back pretty much) this will be the first time an entire character franchise doesn't make it to the next smash, and that in itself is depressing. Not to mention snake is one of my favorite video game characters primarily because of smash bros. Seeing him just drop off like that would just be sad.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not 'expecting' anything, but I really hope for a veteran. Especially Wario, I wanna see what he looks like now~

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The same could be said for anyone hoping for a character, we could get to release with no mewtwo in sight and people would go bananas. But yeah id at least be over it by the time of release if he did just own up to it beforehand, but i doubt he ever would since doing so would make people focus on the negative above the positive.
I'd wager in some ways however as a veteran because of his third party status and the situations revolving around it that Snake has more doubt on him than any other veteran. But I get what you're saying.

I just hate seeing people getting their hopes crushed is all.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd wager in some ways however as a veteran because of his third party status and the situations revolving around it that Snake has more doubt on him than any other veteran. But I get what you're saying.

I just hate seeing people getting their hopes crushed is all.
The same could be said of any vet. I'm a huge Lucas fanboy, but I'm honestly expecting he won't make it, sadly.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
What game would they even promote if Snake got in again? MGSV for Wii U? Snake Eater 3D? Or perhaps nothing at all, just like with Mega Man, the trailer vets, and even Peach when she was initially announced.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really hope his overalls are his default look now. I know it's a minor thing, but to me, that's the definitive Wario.
I agree that that's the 'true' Wario for me as well, but I Think he will still use his Wario Ware outfit for default, as to represent his own games. Well, his Mini-Game part of his games. But we'll see. ^^ Either way, Wario is awesome.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
What game would they even promote if Snake got in again? MGSV for Wii U? Snake Eater 3D? Or perhaps nothing at all, just like with Mega Man, the trailer vets, and even Peach when she was initially announced.
I have no Idea honestly. They could leave it for a Direct where they announce something Metal Gear even if it's for the 3DS and have a Snake trailer like Sonic did. Seems very unlikely but could be possible if there's something they've yet to announce.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The same could be said of any vet. I'm a huge Lucas fanboy, but I'm honestly expecting he won't make it, sadly.
I'm a little more optimistic. Sakurai says he wants to avoid cuts. And if Toon Link and Lucario can make it, there's a pretty good chance Lucas (as well as guys like Ike and Wolf) will return as well.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I agree that that's the 'true' Wario for me as well, but I Think he will still use his Wario Ware outfit for default, as to represent his own games. Well, his Mini-Game part of his games. But we'll see. ^^ Either way, Wario is awesome.
If we do get a Wario reveal, I hope his page has the renders for both his outfits. I'm hoping for Yoshi still, since it's still close to the NA and Europe release of Yoshi's New Island.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
So people are expecting Wario's reveal because of the new Mario Party's release right? But we are sort of running out of Mario-related veterans, which means Wario would more likely be revealed for Mario Kart 8, and Yoshi would be revealed for the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom