• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The tips section seems odd. I think it might just be the how to play videos, but they could do what they did in melee and give the strong suits of each character in the game if they don't do it on the trophies.

Last edited:
The tips section seems odd. I think it might just be the how to play videos, but they could do what they did in melee and give the strong suits of each character in the game if they don't do it on the trophies.
From what was shown at E3, it's basically a slideshow with nothing but text.

I'm guessing the trophy bios will focus on the characters' roles in their own series, then, since gameplay info is now in the Tips section. I wonder what they'll do for trophies based on items like Ray Gun, then?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I love how a few people are like "That fool Sakurai is trying to keep us in he dark with these boring pictures, but he doesn't realize it doesn't matter because we'll see everything in a few days!"
But they don't think that Sakurai is thinking "Well they'll obviously know everything in a few days, I might as well just post what I want."

I need to feel like I'm fighting against the man even when there isn't actually a fight happening.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Are there any spots of the menus still not shown? I think we'll get Alph one of these days, as he's not a secret anymore and it's the kind of thing Sakurai would want to show us before release.

That said, considering we'll get 8 hours worth of content this Friday, and quite possibly the whole game will have already been leaked by then, I don't really mind what Sakurai shows us.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I love how a few people are like "That fool Sakurai is trying to keep us in he dark with these boring pictures, but he doesn't realize it doesn't matter because we'll see everything in a few days!"
But they don't think that Sakurai is thinking "Well they'll obviously know everything in a few days, I might as well just post what I want."

I need to feel like I'm fighting against the man even when there isn't actually a fight happening.
Sakurai has always been on his top game.. even now. After all, he's been leading us by the nose for the last year and a half.

pickle962

Smash Lord
So not to tempt fate or what have you, but the only "menus" we ain't seen yet are...

Smash

Smash Run?

StreetPass (the only thing we still don't know anything about)

Wii U

Options (oh hell to the freakin no on that one!)

Let us pray that Sakurai's computer crashes while he's asleep and thus he loses the image files for these filler pics. :demon:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So not to tempt fate or what have you, but the only "menus" we ain't seen yet are...

Smash

Smash Run?

Wii U

Let us pray that Sakurai's computer crashes while he's asleep and thus he loses the image files for these filler pics. :demon:
He probably either has them backed up if the week is lined up beforehand, or he just takes them on the day they come and leaves it at that.

Smash

Smash Run?

Wii U

Pic of the day: This is the music section. You can listen to whatever songs you have unlocked. Use the slider to adjust the volume.

Next day

Pic of the day: This is the sound section. You can listen to all the sounds in the game. From character voices to item sounds, they are all stored here.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'd honestly rather have gorgeous filler with a funny caption at this point. But really, he's gatta show Alph sometime this week. Alternate Characters are really hype.

Hmm... kinda makes me a bit... I dunno, regretful, like there was a missed opportunity. I woulda liked unlocking Alph, I just love unlocking characters in general. All ya'd have ta do is make him slightly shorter and chage a hitbox or something, that's what Lucina got. But I guess they didn't wanna do the work of giving him original taunts, victory poses, and more. It's fine but... I'm not sure how I'm ganna let that stuff go when Dr. Mario is in, how did he make it past more than Alt. Costume? He best have a pretty different moveset... Ahh, I've rambled on and on again...

Maybe in DLC or a patch Alph can have his own slot. I dunno what that says about me or my personality but...I dunno, I guess I'd like alt characters to just be clones. Seems like just a bit extra work for some kinda individuality. The more the merrier to the family of lovable personalities. Then again I think the Koopalings being nothing more than alt characters for Bowz Jr with their own announcer calls is perfect and awesome. Maybe it's just cause there's 8 of em nincluding Jr, and 8 clones is a lot.

Sorry, still rambling... what was my point in all this...? Oh! I was ganna say I wanted to get a music update today. Yeah, music'd be nice!

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Picture of the day: This is the debug menu. You won't be able to see it when playing, because this is just for us developers. I just felt like posting it.

At this point I'm only expecting something new on Friday. If he was going to buck the trend he would have done it yesterday. Releasing menus the week of release does make sense, it's not the best strategy hype wise but the whole things feels like it's saying "just a few more hours and you'll be looking at these menus too. You'll have them in the palm of your hands." Japanese fans are feeling the itch worse then we are, being teased with menus is probably making them slobber.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Picture of the day: This is the debug menu. You won't be able to see it when playing, because this is just for us developers. I just felt like posting it.
"Pic of the day. Check out this menu from a nearby restaurant! Hmm, should I have a sandwich with sausage and tomato? Can't smash on an empty stomache haha! The smash series isn't always true to scale!"
Next day
"Soup of the day. Wow, they're serving Miso soup today as a special! Ridley! You guys should get down here and try this soup!"

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Four
PotD
Days
Left!!~

I'm dedicating this day to one of the most requested characters in Smash. The infamous, the large, the cunning....
the Ridley.

(PS~ I like the last one most...it's also the newest one, perhaps you haven't seen it...?)

This one's to you big guy, and your millions of supporters around the globe...
I sincerely hope you make the cut, you deserve it due to the sheer amount of importance you hold in Nintendo's history as well as the obvious fact that you'd be bringing a "huge" new twist on the term of playable cast member.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Only one menu would be acceptable: the one that shows whether or not Special Smash and Tournament Mode return or not.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Watch all of the hackers troll Sakurai and unlock the debug menu and intensively hack the game to Brawl's level in 6 months after release. THat'll show him. XD

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Menus comin' tonight, tonight, menus comin' toniiight

this is my prediction not spam

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Im still going with the idea that there will be no more veterans or new characters shown until the game comes out in japan. Besides Wii U exclusive stuff, I think the Pic of the days will be incredibly stale from this point onward.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
As long as we get some music with it, I won't complain (much) about another menu update. I kind of hope Sakurai shows us Fox's color scheme that looks like Wolf with a cryptic comment though. It'd be one way for Sakurai to stir up debate with all the leaks.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ok after the last pic my predictions for this week have changed:
-Photos Menu + how to take a snapshot on the 3DS Version
-Tips Menu
-Debug Menu
-Restaurant Menu

Bonus: A pic of the 80s band Menudo

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Warchamp says that we're going into overnight maintenance lockdown in twenty or so minutes from now.

So slip in your witticisms while you still can!
*sweats profusely* Uh-u-uh.. w-what's the d-deal WITH THOSE MENUS!? H-haha.. Ah.. tough crowd.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We're getting another menu. Glad to see everyone agrees with that. After all, menus are the most important part of Smash.

Snapshot tutorial is coming some time this week, I know it. Ever since that French gamer who put screenshots of the Snapshot controls on Twitter, I knew it was next in the pipeline.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm predicting a menu tonight.

#MenuMasterRace

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My serious prediction for tonight was more Smash Run...or a menu, but after that Manteinance notice Im predicting a veteran...

Imagine how hilarious would be if we get Mewtwo or another huge thing as POTD the day Smashboards is in lockdown

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I can see the menu for the Smash option. Maybe confirmation of Special Battles? What would it be called tho? Or maybe, special options will be implemented in the normal fight screen under customization!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if now would be the time to tease a character. I mean, there are all kinds of fighters yet to be teased. Maybe we see a pointy tail, a summoned hand, a duck or god knows what.
Or it's gonna be Menu Mooseday and Sakurai keeps the hype low to come up with a bomb on Friday.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I suggest changing the title thread for "Miiverse Daily Menu Pic Thread" since that is only kind of picture we are getting nowadays.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
maybe at the end of this week we'll get an armageddon worth of information on Thursday/Friday right before release

....but I'm still waiting on the Options menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom