• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So um did Trela win the tournament at Houston? I'm assuming not since we are not doing a page's worth of PRAISE TRELA

EDIT: oh yeah they have a challonge
*reads it*
PRAISE TRELA

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
accurate representation of Trela the Swordfighter

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
So um did Trela win the tournament at Houston? I'm assuming not since we are not doing a page's worth of PRAISE TRELA

EDIT: oh yeah they have a challonge
*reads it*
PRAISE TRELA
For some reason, they skipped the grand finals and went into Doubles.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Didn't want to see the world get bodied by Mii Sword a third time.

We can't let him get second-guessed by anyone, or else our ability to win will be compromised by people actually learning the MU.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to attempt Mii Sword at EVO tho? Trela? No? Anyone?

I mean I can see players who often use the first round to read their opponent trying it, at least. It's doubly perfect since the MU will have zero involvement in this scenario due to the mythical magical universal Mii Sword matchup ignorance(tm).
Maybe for friendlies. I assume Trela will use him for certain match ups that Mewtwo and Robin will have a difficult time. Though, I don't know if he is going to EVO. Texas, apparently, hate custom moves. Even the great MegaFox doesn't want to deal with the "jank".

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Which setup did trela win with? I'd like to work with this underdog more but can't do 1111 very well.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I need to try 1111 default. or at least x111. Stone Scabbard is hard to deal with. Airborne Assault is better but I keep trying to use it as an attack rather than a recovery.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey @ Xiivi Xiivi , you are the one in charge for assigning mods to sub forums? or at least have some say? is it possible you could do something about the Swordfighter Sub forum not having a moderator?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I'll look to see if this forum really requires a dedicated mod; or if just general mods can handle it fine. The activity is why it has never had a dedicated mod.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'll look to see if this forum really requires a dedicated mod; or if just general mods can handle it fine. The activity is why it has never had a dedicated mod.
all right that makes sense

initiating Operation: Make Swordfighter Boards Active

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Let's have all the boards raid us at once.:secretkpop:

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
If you're going into smash run as sword, take gale strike. This move obliterates large enemies if you can trap them in a corner.

Now if only he could wall jump...

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Idk what else there is to talk about. Mii Sword is good in good hands and bad in bad hands. Some customs are very strong, others are niche. Few people play him because few people give a damn enough about trying new things, while a majority would rather just win with the same-old.

It may be a flaw with Smash 4 in general. So much of the central game is barebones enough that there's little room to explore things that "shouldn't work." Unless your opponent is asleep at the wheel, most of the time things that shouldn't work don't. The only counter-example I can think of is Little Mac utilizing his 'weak aerials' to the advantage of game mechanics to wreck people with infinite footstool/nair chains.

Because so much of the game is barebones enough to fail in exploring alternative fighting methods, there's no real incentive to branch out and try new things. Players like ZeRo know and exploit this, by focusing exclusively on the best characters and remaining the best players by design. Until EVO proves otherwise, there is no alternative.

As a result, places like Reddit spread the plague enough to irrevocably ruin character images, like Swordfighter (and Mac, although he has enough fans and players to shed the image; ironic when you consider Mac an underdog in his own game, laughed at by burly man-childs there, but I digress :p). However, even if we recover, there are no outstanding players, or tools, or montages, or tournament victories, to push the envelope enough to make other people point and go "Wow, man, I wanna play that character."

The best that could happen is if a player like @Trela were to bust open EVO in some way with the character. Otherwise, Swordfighter won't even really be anything at all. He was a laughing stock worst-character, but that drove at least some motive to prove otherwise. But now we're in a worse spot: We're no longer "last", we're simply, snugly, in a tier above that.

Put simply, we've grown into a spot worse than "last place". We're forgettable, now. There's simply nothing to talk about in regards to or otherwise.

tldr:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wow, that is deep, General Ledge. As much as I don't want to agree with it, I can completely understand where you coming from...

Wait a minute.... was this known?
:4miisword: Mii Swordsman
  • Airborne Assault
    • Smash input: 10.6% uncharged, greater travel distance, possibly greater speed
    • Tilt input: 7.2% uncharged, lesser travel distance, possibly lesser speed

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
  • Airborne Assault
thats a thing?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
  • Airborne Assault
I didn't know that. :o

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Other chargeable dash moves seem to handle the same way (Skull bash and Luigi missile comes to mind?), so Slash Launcher possibly acts the same way. At least, assuming Ike's version does.

If not, then Airborne Assault's probably the best suicide/recovery move you could have.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I used swordfighter for kicks and giggles in a tournament and did surprisingly better than I thought. Still lost 2-3 though :) Not bad when I haven't devoted as much time with that character than some of the others I play, losing 3-1 with my main next set.

Unfortunately, the stream sucked and lots of things skipped. I also played a few friendlies with swordfighter at the end.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashtheroc/b/662029929?t=5h09m10s

Sometimes, I'm unsure whether to go tiny, 1/4, or default height. I also made mistakes of combating close quarters with the slow jab instead of using it only at max range. A perfect pivot dtilt or an evasive maneuver would be the better option in that scenario.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Sigh... It looks like you are right General Ledge. Out of sight - out of mind. People just simply ignore the Swordfighter potential. Like here - Character Competitive Impressions
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill made a nice write up about Swordfighter vs Rosalina but no one cares. This is sad. I guess we need to keep him alive here.
Meh, it fine. More people sleep on Butter Knife Spider, the stronger he gets.

If you have not realize, Trela managed to win three tournaments and got 2nd in a 128 participates tournament which includes all of Texas best - Gnes, Esyrose, Slush, MegaFox, Whispy and I'm sure there is more.

http://smashboards.com/threads/comi...akes-top-3-how-in-the-f.403672/#post-19259282

VOD - http://www.twitch.tv/theslurrednerd/b/662088022

Keep the hope alive my fellow Knights!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Sigh... It looks like you are right General Ledge. Out of sight - out of mind. People just simply ignore the Swordfighter potential. Like here - Character Competitive Impressions
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill made a nice write up about Swordfighter vs Rosalina but no one cares. This is sad. I guess we need to keep him alive here.
Meh, it fine. More people sleep on Butter Knife Spider, the stronger he gets.
It's a shame. But it's to be expected.

Trela is really making out normal sized Swordfighter to be viable in this game. I suppose it just may be him.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I feel like a Mii Swordfighter guide/breakdown series of videos would be really nice. I have a capture card now and could try, not that the quality would be super amazing as it's a cheap card but I could at least show off some of what he can really do.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I feel like a Mii Swordfighter guide/breakdown series of videos would be really nice. I have a capture card now and could try, not that the quality would be super amazing as it's a cheap card but I could at least show off some of what he can really do.
Please do, I'd love to see it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*sees bracket*
*realizes only Megafox can stop Trela the Swordfighter*
PRAISE TRELA

also gratz @Whispy for getting 7th place

on obscurity, well we're the optimist for a reason! keep hopes up and the information flowing and eventually the world will know why you shouldn't be spreading butter with a lethal weapon

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
*sees bracket*
*realizes only Megafox can stop Trela the Swordfighter*
PRAISE TRELA

also gratz @Whispy for getting 7th place

on obscurity, well we're the optimist for a reason! keep hopes up and the information flowing and eventually the world will know why you shouldn't be spreading butter with a lethal weapon
You made me do this.

Now time for me to reload my guns. On a side note, breadless butter doesn't taste too bad, but I'd rather play laser tag.

Top Bottom