• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
just reminding @ Darklink401 Darklink401 that we only ask for videos because people doing awesomethings with Swordfighter is always a great watch exibit A: Trela
Also, the Swordfighter video thread needs more recent videos.

So does Trela use Mii Swordfighter a lot? I'm afraid I haven't heard of the guy very much apart from his MSF tournament wins.
He likes the character but only use it against difficult matchup for Robin (because Robin is his bae). Otherwise, whenever he feels like activating his Low Tier God Mode and test his skills against locals.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Sadly I don't have any videos. IDK why I haven't saved any. However, I did discover a tech of sorts that I need to test further.

Next time I have a match with him I'll be sure to save it tho ;D (got a capture card for uploadin :3)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Sadly I don't have any videos. IDK why I haven't saved any. However, I did discover a tech of sorts that I need to test further.

Next time I have a match with him I'll be sure to save it tho ;D (got a capture card for uploadin :3)
Good! I look forward to this.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's more of a neat trick, but Idk if anyone actually uses Airborne Assault o.o''

Speaking of, I assume the best plain (1111, 2222, 3333) set is 3333?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
People use Airborne Assault. I personally prefer Slash Launcher.
You know, I don't know anymore. I have found ways to make all the sets work. I guess 3333 is the best set it has more kill options.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
People use Airborne Assault. I personally prefer Slash Launcher.
You know, I don't know anymore. I have found ways to make all the sets work. I guess 3333 is the best set it has more kill options.
I only assume 3333 is the most used because Hero's Spin is, from my experience and what I've heard, strictly better than the other two. (especially after the buff)

thank you tho~

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah... I mean Chakram is good. Hero's Spin is sort cover its recovery (I guess). Power Thrust is a godsend. Blurring Blade can catch Airdodgers.

I am still mad that Sakurai didn't fix Blurring Blade or Slash Launcher.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah... I mean Chakram is good. Hero's Spin is sort cover its recovery (I guess). Power Thrust is a godsend. Blurring Blade can catch Airdodgers.

Fix what about them? :o

Also I'm thinking his best projectile is the tornado, because since it props the opponent up, not only does it cancel most projectiles but it also leads us into a situation in which we can use the godsend that is up air.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

The last hit of Blurring blade whiffing is most certainly a problem. Imagine if it actually had shield breaking properties, like the move its supposed to replicate :awesome:, whats the problem with slash launcher?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Fix what about them? :o

Also I'm thinking his best projectile is the tornado, because since it props the opponent up, not only does it cancel most projectiles but it also leads us into a situation in which we can use the godsend that is up air.
Blurring Blade: you can block the last hit
idk about slash launcher other than its an underwhelming move

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
The last hit of Blurring blade whiffing is most certainly a problem. Imagine if it actually had shield breaking properties, like the move its supposed to replicate :awesome:, whats the problem with slash launcher?
It doesn't from what I am aware of and reading the frame data.
Blurring Blade: you can block the last hit
idk about slash launcher other than its an underwhelming move
If someone stands on the ledge when you using Slash launcher (while aiming for the ledge), you will whiff the attack and fall to your death. At least with Ike you can Up B afterwards. Also Quick Draw has little to no ending lag on the dash and can immediately act. Butter Knight cannot. This is where I use AA over Slash Launcher against opponents with good horizontal projectiles. I can at least grab the ledge.

Chakram is fine but there no point to tossing to the ground.
Stone Scabbard needs to do more damage.

/Rant is done.

Let's talk about some thing happy. This is the Social thread anyways. Not Unknownkid's PAGE FROM RAGE! Vol 3.
What do you guys think about Splatoon?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

If someone stands on the ledge when you using Slash launcher (while aiming for the ledge), you will whiff the attack and fall to your death. At least with Ike you can Up B afterwards. Also Quick Draw has little to no ending lag on the dash and can immediately act. Butter Knight cannot. This is where I use AA over Slash Launcher against opponents with good horizontal projectiles. I can at least grab the ledge.

/Rant is done.

Let's talk about some thing happy. This is the Social thread anyways. Not Unknownkid's PAGE FROM RAGE! Vol 3.
slow chakram to the ground jab locks

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Haha yeah I know. I mean when you toss the chakram to the ground and it stick there. You will think it function like megaman's metal blade or Pacman's Bonus Fruit. I guess because you cannot catch it. Nevermind... that is not a good idea.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Haha yeah I know. I mean when you toss the chakram to the ground and it stick there. You will think it function like megaman's metal blade or Pacman's Bonus Fruit. I guess because you cannot catch it. Nevermind... that is not a good idea.
If swordfighter could pick up chakram ala Metal Blade then he'd have a really good projectile game.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

/Rant is done.

The Shield breaking properties? Yeah it doesn't have that, that's why I said imagine if it did. :p

People were praising high and low how good charkam was back in the early smash 4 days, do you guys use it? Cause is sure don't, you can only recover low so many time's before people start catching you, a horizontal recovery somewhat alleviates that.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
The Shield breaking properties? Yeah it doesn't have that, that's why I said imagine if it did. :p

People were praising high and low how good charkam was back in the early smash 4 days, do you guys use it? Cause is sure don't, you can only recover low so many time's before people start catching you, a horizontal recovery somewhat alleviates that.

I previously used it, as I was used to having multiple projectiles like gunner, but I subbed it for slash launcher because I really needed a horizontal recovery and realized swardfeeter is not gunner

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I could probably use some input here, as I'm looking into what customs I'd like to stick with.

The set I typically use is 3221, which, if I'm correct, isn't very good, since most recommendations avoid moves like Blurring Blade and Slash Launcher, and Hero's Spin is a lot better now with the patch, although I haven't tried it yet. Counter I think is good because it's your reliable counter move.

I'm most willing to use Gale Strike, Airborne Assault, Hero's Spin, and Reversal Slash if I should change any out.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
I advise you not to do it. Trela won in a local tournament again. No offense to @ Whispy Whispy and his scene but smashers will not take anything that isn't Major status or beating someone at a Major Status. For example, in the Mii Fighter Skype, the group assume the tournament was "FREE". Harsh, but true. They still believe that the last tournament Trela won was free too. You will think for something like Mii Fighter winning anything... we should rejoice for the "lessor Mii class" winning. Nope! Sigh...this is stuff I have to put up with but contesting is not worth my time.

If Trela won in a tournament with someone Angel Cortez, Vinnie or M2K there and has enough publicity watching, then you have all reason to go HAM on reddit. Of course, like GS3K said... they will move the goalpost.

I just glad that Swordfighter was used again. That all I care about. So far now, keep silent -

Let's enjoy that people are sleeping on Butter Knife. It adds more salt to our meal.
Trela is well known to many outside of Texas. Houston in general along with other cities dont get much attention because we dont have a "Tourney Locator" here. We are in the process of streaming weeklies now and hopefully hype up big events here as well in San Antonio. I Think yall shouldnt keep quiet, mii swordsman winning a tournament With a few of houstons best is still a big thing! (4th best and 7th best )

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Trela is well known to many outside of Texas. Houston in general along with other cities dont get much attention because we dont have a "Tourney Locator" here. We are in the process of streaming weeklies now and hopefully hype up big events here as well in San Antonio. I Think yall shouldnt keep quiet, mii swordsman winning a tournament With a few of houstons best is still a big thing! (4th best and 7th best )
please understand if Trela ain't 2 stocking Zero with weirdspider then its not worth everyone's time
/sarcasm
now that the videos are out.. if you'd excuse me!

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

I didn't like it because I can never use it properly. I want to do a tilt and I shoot out a smash. I can do Samus' Missile with ease. Chakram doesn't like me :confused: So I opt out and use Sword Launcher for its utility.

Chakram was THE projectile for Butter Knight. It was a directional projectile that does maximum damage regardless where it hits (compared to Gale Strike and SoL). So you never have to worry about positioning. Tilts allow for combo potential and can cause tripping.

Its problem, like all things that is not butter, was the ending lag. Regardless how you toss it, it has some strong ending lag (less than GS but more than SoL). Also, blocking/attacking the Tilt version result in an instant bounce over the shield ( I guess it will be too good otherwise?). This mean tilt version is pretty unsafe close up. I still believe its a great move but you lose your horizontal recovery for it. If you can manage, then the Butter Gods have truly blessed your toast.

I could probably use some input here, as I'm looking into what customs I'd like to stick with.

The set I typically use is 3221, which, if I'm correct, isn't very good, since most recommendations avoid moves like Blurring Blade and Slash Launcher, and Hero's Spin is a lot better now with the patch, although I haven't tried it yet. Counter I think is good because it's your reliable counter move.

I'm most willing to use Gale Strike, Airborne Assault, Hero's Spin, and Reversal Slash if I should change any out.
Hmm... 3221? I think your set is good. In fact, I believe that was my very first build on this thread haha. Ah... good times.

Blurring Blade is frowned upon because its inconsistent flow to the last hit. If your opponents know about it, they can shield it after the multiple hitstun and punish you. Otherwise, it is good. I used it for catching Airdodger.
Slash Launcher is good actually. Take note of your opponents positioning and recover accordingly - You will be golden.
Skyward Sword Dance is a decent directional recovery but it is slow and weak compared to Hero's Spin. I believe it disjointed Hitbox covers you better than Falco's Up B.
Counter is Counter.

You can switch to Gale Strike with Hero's Spin and still play your similar style. All 3 Down B have their uses.
Haha. Trust me, son! I know a lot about the Texas scene and how impressive they are. MegaFox, Shush, Espyrose, HeroMystic, I forgot that pikachu player. Anyways... you guy do not mess around. It incredible you guys are one of the few regions that do 3 stock 8 minutes matches. That is a plus! However, I just telling how it is as a Mii Swordfighter main. For example, read the first comment from your grand finals. That guy is from the mii group. He is not the only one who thinks this sadly.

Personally, I want to say thank you for the videos. You are an amazing player. I watched your match verses Yoshi. Man, that was something. Interesting Counter picks and stage picks. I look forward for more streams from this scene too!

Butter Knights! Something to take note of.
Trela use Dair against Fox's Jab Lock. This happen twice.

Did anything else stick out to anyone?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I eagerly wait for the day Trela beats megafox with Wordfighter

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure Trela can beat Megan Fox with Swordfighter but I not sure about THE MEGA FOX!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know most of old Texas, glad to see some newer prominent names popping up.

Butter Knights! Something to take note of.
Trela use Dair against Fox's Jab Lock. This happen twice.

Did anything else stick out to anyone?
The landing hit of dair comes can activate after ~5 or so frames before touching the ground, maybe even earlier, so it's a good option if you can reach the ground.

Use of dsmash for me. He was punished sometimes, but it worked out sometimes as well. I'm still not convinced it's worth using outside of jab cancels, though.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I know most of old Texas, glad to see some newer prominent names popping up.

The landing hit of dair comes can activate after ~5 or so frames before touching the ground, maybe even earlier, so it's a good option if you can reach the ground.

Use of dsmash for me. He was punished sometimes, but it worked out sometimes as well. I'm still not convinced it's worth using outside of jab cancels, though.
Yeah, the use of Dsmash. Meh, he made it work. Yolo Fsmash and Dair were highlights!

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
So it looks like trela is about to win another tournament. he 3-0'd Gnes in Winners Finals. going ALL Mii SWORDSMAN again. This time its at 50+ bracket. And if you think Gnes is "Free" then you guys are dumb lol. What more do you guys need?? btw its live atm on Team GreenSleeves! So go watch it and share with your buddies!!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just tested and Stone Scabbard upB is invincible starting on frame 4. I never used it much, so did everyone else know this? I think the move is a great alternative to hero's spin against opponents who can gimp hero's spin hard.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
So it looks like trela is about to win another tournament. he 3-0'd Gnes in Winners Finals. going ALL Mii SWORDSMAN again. This time its at 50+ bracket. And if you think Gnes is "Free" then you guys are dumb lol. What more do you guys need?? btw its live atm on Team GreenSleeves! So go watch it and share with your buddies!!
Once again, it is not us.
Just tested and Stone Scabbard upB is invincible starting on frame 4. I never used it much, so did everyone else know this? I think the move is a great alternative to hero's spin against opponents who can gimp hero's spin hard.
Yeah, it have been known. I believe Antonykun was the first to bring it up. I was thinking of using it against Custom Villager and his Exploding Balloon "camping".

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Once again, it is not us.

Yeah, it have been known. I believe Antonykun was the first to bring it up. I was thinking of using it against Custom Villager and his Exploding Balloon "camping".
Explosive balloons. Popped by... a butter knife? What is logic?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I cannot find it qq

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
A spider showed up in my room and there was a knife on my dresser...

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I just realized I have spoons and forks in my dorm room but no butter knives. No sharp knives, though, just so we're clear.
I'm sad now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom