• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Do we NEED a mod here? I could probably ask myself to make it happen :O

I actually ALMOST took down a Sheik on Anther's the other day, in the end the best of 5 was a solid counterpick. He figured out Swordfighter and it took insane reads to basically land much anything... Cam down to last stock with me at 150% trying desperately to just hit him with something before he finally got me ;-; RIP

Man, I gotta find a way to deal with speed. I know we don't got the frame data, but there's gotta be something to help @_@

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Do we NEED a mod here? I could probably ask myself to make it happen :O

I actually ALMOST took down a Sheik on Anther's the other day, in the end the best of 5 was a solid counterpick. He figured out Swordfighter and it took insane reads to basically land much anything... Cam down to last stock with me at 150% trying desperately to just hit him with something before he finally got me ;-; RIP

Man, I gotta find a way to deal with speed. I know we don't got the frame data, but there's gotta be something to help @_@
the only way i can deal with speed is with fundamentals, being not too overansty about landing the kill and reading get up options

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There's places far more active than here that don't have a mod, so... *shrug* Like, the Project M help board gets a decent amount of new posts each day, and yet the mods in charge of the PM category never even look at it. Starting to get a bit annoying, particularly when we have the same sort of topics being brought up almost weekly because no-one can be bothered to sticky the basic troubleshooting and Q&A thread.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So.... anyone else have Splatoon?

Cuz like, I went to get it at midnight last night, played it a ton from nighttime and today and maybe I'm just weird but there are SO many little things it did wrong and that just plain are draining the fun out of the game for me :(

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm getting Splatoon shipped to me. should be here soon. What didn't you like about it?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm getting Splatoon shipped to me. should be here soon. What didn't you like about it?
Well, you have to grind to get the weapons you want as it's based on level and money, you're stuck playing some of single player too to get whatcha want whether you want to or not. This creates some serious problems. You get matched as level 1s against players who are up to level 16 so they have a lot better equipment for weapons and clothing then you do making some matches lopsidedly unfair. Spawn camping CAN be a bring problem, one brave player just sticking it out and sniping in home territory can seriously win a game (though it takes a lot of skill to do so).

Plus I have no idea how we'll be able to stream competitive matches... blargh.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I am getting the game this evening. Meh, the level and money system is alright. Battle for your gear. Being pair up against a level 16 shouldn't matter when the starter weapon is one of the strongest weapons in the game. The guy from Gamexplain stated that weapon carried him through most of his matches. There is a general consensus from the community how powerful it is from the Testfire. It is kind of the reason why I am going to drop it at level 2.

Yes, Spawn camping can be a problem. The squid board took note of that in the Test Fire. Let see how this plays out. All of people are still new to this.

Yeah the streaming... let's see what happen on August. The dev want it to be competitive and as bring as Mario Kart/Smash. They might have rush this game which will explain why it feels incomplete. Oh I am just being hopeful because I am a Butter Knife Spider.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Yes, Spawn camping can be a problem. The squid board took note of that in the Test Fire. Let see how this plays out. All of people are still new to this.
I believe you can easily get away using your Super Jump and avoid Spawn Camping.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Super Jump would require another player being on-field (preferably not surrounded, unless you're good at Rambo situations), and ideally you'd want to take back your own base, which hinges on how far away from spawn the other members are to have allowed the camping.

Also isn't here a small barrier around your spawn? Can't you counter-snipe?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Super Jump would require another player being on-field (preferably not surrounded, unless you're good at Rambo situations), and ideally you'd want to take back your own base, which hinges on how far away from spawn the other members are to have allowed the camping.

Also isn't here a small barrier around your spawn? Can't you counter-snipe?
Yep.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
So.... anyone else have Splatoon?

Cuz like, I went to get it at midnight last night, played it a ton from nighttime and today and maybe I'm just weird but there are SO many little things it did wrong and that just plain are draining the fun out of the game for me :(
I'm getting it in a couple of years at best.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Honestly though, I bit better than camping at spawns is choke points. A lot of maps have spots where there's really only a few ways to get by. The first team to those spots tends to win the fight so long as they aren't dumb in holding them. Which does mean some strategy could come into play though, here's hoping.

The gameplay itself is obviously pretty good, if you liked the demo you're going to like it. I'm a tad bitter I have to beat the ENTIRE single player to get the RIGHT to unlock my weapon, then have to grind up levels and money though ;-;

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
The Dynamo Roller, and Gold Dynamo Roller. the by far obviously best choices for rollers in the game. And you have to beat the entire single player to get them sadly :(
Ah, thanks. It's better than to not get to play the game at all.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Ah, thanks. It's better than to not get to play the game at all.
I spose, I'm just not really into single player modes in most games. As an example after unlocking stuff in Smash I've only touched it to try and unlock custom moves, and gave up on that when I realized how yuck that process could be. If there hand't have been customs, I'd have never used it ever again.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I spose, I'm just not really into single player modes in most games. As an example after unlocking stuff in Smash I've only touched it to try and unlock custom moves, and gave up on that when I realized how yuck that process could be. If there hand't have been customs, I'd have never used it ever again.
Customs in Smash 4 was a pain for me unlock. I've played in a lot of RPGs that involve a ton of grinding but Smash 4 just tops
them all for me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
you know what else i hate grinding? Mii hats...
Gimme me my danged :4falcon: hat

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I use default clothes if I remember right, never used a hat because it would look funny. I'm lucky on that one.

I ALSO FINALLY BEAT SINGLE PLAYER SPLATOON! Tomorrow I'll grind to level 20 and get me the roller I want.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I actually finally got the few mii hats I was missing in the 3DS version, which finally 100% my game.
The Wii U version though....

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Have you guys ever been stuck in a place where you have some information you know is important, but can't say anything because you were asked not to and made a promise? I'm stuck there right now and it's going to drive me insane >_<

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Have you guys ever been stuck in a place where you have some information you know is important, but can't say anything because you were asked not to and made a promise? I'm stuck there right now and it's going to drive me insane >_<
dear lord i've been there and never want to go back :/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm stuck there right now, not sure how everything will play out but it stinks in absolutely every way how it's turning out right now :(
i wish you the best of luck, hopefully the party you are holding secrets against will forgive you.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
i wish you the best of luck, hopefully the party you are holding secrets against will forgive you.
I sure hope so, that or when I get to/do spill the beans everyone wont have a heart attack.

In lighter news, hard at work in the Splatoon grind. 5 more levels till I get the roller that is WAY better than basic, and just 5 more after that to get the best one in the game. Minus the annoying grind the multiplayer is obviously a blast, and I'm finding there are strong strategies that really detirmine who wins or not. Need to make a guide or something.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I'm not getting that game for a while

Also, I totally didn't make an account on squidboards so nobody can steal my username...

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000

Slight update. Got the name finished. It'll be ironed out more in the digital part. (@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill ) had to do it two words above/below so it would be easier to read and so I wouldn't have to scrunch ten letters to the edge.

Anyways, all that's left is the face. Kinda hard to see here because of the angle, but I left plenty of room for the twitch and twitter account names.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Slight update. Got the name finished. It'll be ironed out more in the digital part. (@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill ) had to do it two words above/below so it would be easier to read and so I wouldn't have to scrunch ten letters to the edge.

Anyways, all that's left is the face. Kinda hard to see here because of the angle, but I left plenty of room for the twitch and twitter account names.
I LOVE that fonts! If you wanted you could always steal the Mii I use too, I think I left a picture of it a few comments back. whatever is easiest!

HOLY CRAP SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST BUT KK SLIDER MII SWORDFIGHTER COSTUME!!! I WANT IT SOOOO MUCH.

http://smashboards.com/threads/kk-s...-announced-for-japanese-7-eleven-deal.404674/

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Out of the 3 miis I'm the worst with gunner. :/ Still fun to play though.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So, the Brawler is arguably the best Mii class competitively, the Gunner gets all the cool Mii costumes (debatable), and the Swordfighter gets... butter knife memes?

Eh, I'm not too concerned. I like Swordfighter being something like an underdog, personally.

Top Bottom