• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I'd say I'm well rounded with all of them, but my gunner has passed my brawler by a mile

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Why is brawler's logo a fist when a good amount of its moveset revolves around kicking...

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
What is with all the Gunner's Costumes? Splatoon and now KK. Crap... we are going into another balance patch for Lucas!

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
At least the splatoon one makes a little sense because it's a (paint/ink) gun.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
What is with all the Gunner's Costumes? Splatoon and now KK. Crap... we are going into another balance patch for Lucas!
we need more swordfighter costumes gunner has god tiered costumed with DLC D:<

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Our character will climb the tier list with more costumes. We got a Monkey Costume and got buffed (stole some of Diddy's powers) so now we just need more...

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
So, the Brawler is arguably the best Mii class competitively,
I feel like this should be more debatable. Brawler simply gets easy wins via Tornado and Piston Punch. Realistically, Brawler isn't the best Mii Class, Tornado/Piston are just the best Mii moves.

I'm leaning more towards Gunner being the best Mii Class due to slick recoil movement and very strong field coverage. Brawler's just inside the old Diddy scope, and will likely (hopefully?) get fly-swatted when Lucas comes along.

I'm also hopeful for Mii size readjustments (weight could be broader to make large Miis actually competent), and Sheik's needles getting tweaked in such a way that the hitstun is only once per throw instead of per needle. But the latter here may ruin Sheik's rep, so idk.

In other news, I'm getting rather tired of Reddit and ZeRo's influence, and the current customs crybaby fiasco going on through twitter. Miis might get globally banned, or locked to 1111 50/50, guys.

If that happens, Mii Sword will actually be the best Mii. (Brawlers won't be able to do jack anymore and once the, for lack of a better term, 'children*' on Reddit figure it out he'll drop down to C or so)

*I may of course just be venting my frustration in calling them that, but if they want to act that way then so be it. I'll call them as I see them. The majority sure aren't acting like adults.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i just realized we went past 10 pages with no celebration :/

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
In other news, I'm getting rather tired of Reddit and ZeRo's influence, and the current customs crybaby fiasco going on through twitter. Miis might get globally banned, or locked to 1111 50/50, guys.

If that happens, Mii Sword will actually be the best Mii. (Brawlers won't be able to do jack anymore and once the, for lack of a better term, 'children*' on Reddit figure it out he'll drop down to C or so)

*I may of course just be venting my frustration in calling them that, but if they want to act that way then so be it. I'll call them as I see them. The majority sure aren't acting like adults.
AHEM! This month's monthly voted tier list requires folks to consider Miis with all of their moves available. This is a customs off tier list too which is why I found finally forcing that distinction important.

i just realized we went past 10 pages with no celebration :/
No, we're just being fashionably late to the party.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I understand where you come from. Customs can bring good and bad at the same time so people are going to be split about it. As for ZeRo I kinda agree with him although I'm neutral in the matter. Some customs do make you skip some fundamentals. I suppose to best way to make everyone happy is to ban some customs. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm also kinda bummed out that other international regions didn't have a chance to state their stance on the matter.

Our character will climb the tier list with more costumes. We got a Monkey Costume and got buffed (stole some of Diddy's powers) so now we just need more...
At least we're top tier in the costumes department. :p

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I sort of hope customs get worked on in such a way as to develop specifically balanced sets for them instead of showcasing the absolute best of the best at the top of the list.

Like, say Pikachu's Heavy Skullbash gets banned. Would it still be banned if Pikachu could specifically run a garbage move alongside it to make the character more balanced while using Heavy Skullbash? To deliberately inject flaws to counter-act the OP customs?

It seems like this would be a more professional way to go about customs if post-EVO trashes them. Of course, we'll have a hell of a time figuring out which sets work towards this idea of 'balanced' customs.

Of course at its core this is mostly Nintendo/Sakurai/TeamSmash's fault in ignoring custom moves due to 4glory disallowing them. Or something. AA would argue otherwise because they tweaked a few customs in previous patches, but the outstandingly powerful ones are still outstandingly powerful, and the DLC characters will seemingly never get customs at all.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Accidentally deleted my sm4sh data trying to clear space.

(Rage intensifies)

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I don't have much to say about rulesets dealing with customs, but the only things I know I support are banning equipment and keeping Miis legal (even if it had to be 1111 sets only). I think we're probably just going to eventually allow custom moves everywhere in large regions, though whether any of the moves are generally considered OP or game-breaking has yet to be seen.

It seems that a lot of people think that customs-on rulesets greatly change the playing field, though. Apparently the Palutena boards think she's at least top 20 material with customs on, while if I'm correct, a lot of people don't think she's that good with customs off.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
That sucks, GS3K.

I understand where you come from. Customs can bring good and bad at the same time so people are going to be split about it. As for ZeRo I kinda agree with him although I'm neutral in the matter. Some customs do make you skip some fundamentals. I suppose to best way to make everyone happy is to ban some customs. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm also kinda bummed out that other international regions didn't have a chance to state their stance on the matter.

At least we're top tier in the costumes department. :p
That will led into Pokemon Smogon rules. Which isn't bad but until a custom character dominates a scene like Brawl Metaknight, Prepatch Diddy, or Melee Fox... no move should be banned.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just find it dumb that I can't even change Mii sizes when 1111 is enforced. The size has nothing to do with what specials Miis can use.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
That will led into Pokemon Smogon rules. Which isn't bad but until a custom character dominates a scene like Brawl Metaknight, Prepatch Diddy, or Melee Fox... no move should be banned.
I know. Which is a slippery slope that we shouldn't take.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ty guys for posting now I can say
I find it funny that with standard mii sizes/1111 in mind, Swordfighter actually may be the most viable out of the bunch.
I've really enjoyed using my swordfighter mii lately #_#
one of us one of us

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
It would be really amusing if Swordfighter started to pass a lot of fighters in newer tier lists.

I don't expect it at all, though.
But it seems Swordfighter still has some chance to do better. There's nowhere to go but up.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
It would be really amusing if Swordfighter started to pass a lot of fighters in newer tier lists.

I don't expect it at all, though.
But it seems Swordfighter still has some chance to do better. There's nowhere to go but up.
Yeah, with people like Trela people are going to change their minds about Swordfighter. Unfortunately, Zelda is pretty much unviable by a lot of people currently.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I just find it dumb that I can't even change Mii sizes when 1111 is enforced. The size has nothing to do with what specials Miis can use.
Ah, but, you might, DO something, like, move faster, and, that would be unfair, to the other player.

The "uplifting" windbox at 2:55; we need to start getting on the ball with it and follow-up accordingly. It's actually a very powerful tool, especially when the victim puts themself into helpless free-fall because of it.

On the other hand it lets Little Mac recover, so use it only when you know the opponent will make it back anyway >_>;

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Hey I said it above, when limited to 1111 Mii Sword is the best Mii.

EDIT: Reddit logic:

Ah, yes, it all makes sense now...

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Hey I said it above, when limited to 1111 Mii Sword is the best Mii.

EDIT: Reddit logic:

Ah, yes, it all makes sense now...
I read that entire thread, and no drill from gurren laggan could get through something that dense. That line was so corny it belongs in Iowa.

I don't understand banning miis rather than limiting them to 1111. :4miisword: and :4miigun: at the very least are usable in a customs-off setting and :4miibrawl: takes a huge hit, but nothing about them warrants the banhammer.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
I read that entire thread, and no drill from gurren laggan could get through something that dense. That line was so corny it belongs in Iowa.
Nah man you just gotta believe in the me that believes in you.

Also,

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
redit plz

Anyhows

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Get those marketing guys over here, all we have is you're a kid now you're a squid now.

Those matches were great. I cringed when Trela was centimeters from a punishment and missed because he didn't have minimum weight. Ironically, I think I've been underestimating uair. It's just that good apparently.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Get those marketing guys over here, all we have is you're a kid now you're a squid now.

Those matches were great. I cringed when Trela was centimeters from a punishment and missed because he didn't have minimum weight. Ironically, I think I've been underestimating uair. It's just that good apparently.
against the short hop maniac fox? it is that good!
actually i noticed that @Trela almost never uses d-tilt, I wonder why.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
He does use Dtilt. He uses at low percentage like dtilt->dtilt -> Aerial or against fox's dash attack/grab. Fox's weakness really is Shield huh?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dtilt is pretty awkward to use without tilt stick. I use it like a maniac, lol. Default height swordfighter has the best dtilt since it outranges even Ike's and it comes out on frame 5. Trela got quite a bit of reward whenever he did use it. I remember seeing a dtilt->dtilt->grab near 0.

Default swordfighter has a little bit of trouble following up from dtilt. Lesser weight ones can dtilt to fair or even uair much more easily.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
He does use Dtilt. He uses at low percentage like dtilt->dtilt -> Aerial or against fox's dash attack/grab. Fox's weakness really is Shield huh?
Dtilt is pretty awkward to use without tilt stick. I use it like a maniac, lol. Default height swordfighter has the best dtilt since it outranges even Ike's and it comes out on frame 5. Trela got quite a bit of reward whenever he did use it. I remember seeing a dtilt->dtilt->grab near 0.

Default swordfighter has a little bit of trouble following up from dtilt. Lesser weight ones can dtilt to fair or even uair much more easily.

Edit: Ninja'd
ah ok that makes more sense i need to pay more attention :p

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yes, that Dtilt ->Dtilt ->Grab caught me off guard. But that first match of the Grand Finals! MAN... that was hype. Power Shields, Mind Games, DAT ENDING! Can someone please post a more hype Smash 4 match! MikeKirby vs Ninjalink/Vinnie/Raptor doesn't count.

Top Bottom