• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well I need to work this out, but certain hits up upair will combo into the killing hit up upair at kill percents, can't WAIT to get it totally broken down, killing will have gotten stupidly easy :D

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

My ears are ringing.
Oh dear...
never mind that he is overestimating Swordfighter's flaws but he is saying that Trela doesn't beat everyone who's not megafox is absurd.
THE FACT YOU LOST POINTS MAKES ME WANT TO HUNT A MONSTER!
(grabs hunter's knife, orders kirin butter and heaven bread on the canteen)

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
He replied saying the frame date I linked proves what he said about the tilts being laggy.

I'm trying to hurt myself but my knife isn't sharp.

EDIT: @ san. san.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ros_monthly_voted_tier_list/crtduqw?context=3
the down air is like kirby's but disjointed and has a killing shockwave
that's implying that ike and robin's n-airs aren't amazing
saying that d-tilt isn't the best d-tilt in the game

Ledge may i recommend you just ignore these ignorant people? or rather tell them why they are wrong?
you are only causing yourself to get down voted because their stupid hurts your brain

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Well, I cannot blame them. It is Reddit and Swordfighter isn't a brain dead character. I am rather impressed you are willing to fight the naysayers and risk your up-vote points. Pops to you!

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
It's just frustrating, because the more people say Mii Sword is bad, the more people will say Mii Sword is bad.

All of this without proof. If you ask, you get downvoted.

I also wrote https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ros_monthly_voted_tier_list/crtci5m?context=3 in response to another user, which has no downvote conflict at all, strangely.

In context of this, I feel we need a topic for .gif sources or something, for combos. I tried my damnedest to find a citation for the missing ones, and I feel like linking Trela's megafox match is a really broad one to use.

Could someone GIF a few highlight combos from Trela's swordfighter match? Or in general?

EDIT: What we 'need' (gif preferred, short video alternative):

- Jab-jab-(anything)
- Jab-(anything)
- Dtilt-(anything)
- Dthrow-(anything)
- a gif of Fsmash's kill %.
- a gif of uair's kill%
- a gif of dthrow-doublejump-uair kill%
- a gif of dthrow-killconfirm-herospin
- a gif of our supposed 60% string.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
60% string is something along the lines of dtilt->dtilt->grab->dthrow->bair->bair (where the "string part begins)->utilt to uair if bair is air dodged or dtilt to fair or dash attack. Only tinier miis can get bair to bair. Walking dtilt->

Somewhere around the 40% area, bair can combo into itself. A landing bair can also combo into stuff. It's not very guaranteed because you occasionally need to respond to the DI of the dthrow, but it's a nice mixup to just using uair after dthrow. There may also be a few frames for the opponent to air dodge depending on positioning, rage, etc., but that's a free punish.

If someone can tell me how to make gifs, I can do it.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
60% string is something along the lines of dtilt->dtilt->grab->dthrow->bair->bair (where the "string part begins)->utilt to uair if bair is air dodged or dtilt to fair or dash attack. Only tinier miis can get bair to bair.

Somewhere around the 30-50% area, bair can combo into itself. A landing bair can also combo into stuff. It's not very guaranteed because you occasionally need to respond to the DI of the dthrow, but it's a nice mixup to just using uair after dthrow. There may also be a few frames for the opponent to air dodge depending on positioning, rage, etc., but that's a free punish.
ah i see luigi sure has some serious damage...
*reads thread tittle*
THIS IS SWORDFIGHTER?!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
People reaaaaaaly crap on Swordfighter unfairly. Maybe we don't have perfect frame data, but our character can do some serious damage and edgeguarding. A tier on reddit when?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SF just has bad disadvantage in the air and sluggish movement. Otherwise, his damage per hit and general spacing (on the ground at least) is pretty good. I was definitely surprised about the utility of upB1. Still not sold on that side B1, I think people just aren't punishing it right.

Edit: Probably because my Ike main senses tingle for a free punish when I see it.

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
60% string is something along the lines of dtilt->dtilt->grab->dthrow->bair->bair (where the "string part begins)->utilt to uair if bair is air dodged or dtilt to fair or dash attack. Only tinier miis can get bair to bair. Walking dtilt->

Somewhere around the 40% area, bair can combo into itself. A landing bair can also combo into stuff. It's not very guaranteed because you occasionally need to respond to the DI of the dthrow, but it's a nice mixup to just using uair after dthrow. There may also be a few frames for the opponent to air dodge depending on positioning, rage, etc., but that's a free punish.

If someone can tell me how to make gifs, I can do it.
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Go forth.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, I hate being broke. I actually have a media pass for Evo but as it stands I can't fund housing of any kind to afford the trip, I could have tried to show off some Mii Swordfighter or at least done some epic news reporting. Anyone here know of super cheap travel/housing things in Vegas?

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm not sure about Vegas. I know there are actually suburbs there, but that's about it in terms of cheap housing/travel.

But it would be pretty cool, imagine seeing someone use Mii Swordfighter to win Evo. Maybe Trela, maybe someone else.

And then we wake up.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm not sure about Vegas. I know there are actually suburbs there, but that's about it in terms of cheap housing/travel.

But it would be pretty cool, imagine seeing someone use Mii Swordfighter to win Evo. Maybe Trela, maybe someone else.

And then we wake up.
I'd take Mii Sword in top 8, that'd be enough for me to be good.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, I hate being broke. I actually have a media pass for Evo but as it stands I can't fund housing of any kind to afford the trip, I could have tried to show off some Mii Swordfighter or at least done some epic news reporting. Anyone here know of super cheap travel/housing things in Vegas?
That's unfortunate. I hope you find a solution soon.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Really sorry to hear that SmashCapps, definitely a real bummer. Any idea what your budget would have to be? I'm unsure on how cheap travel fair could be, but you could probably find someone you could bunk with on Smashboards.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Really sorry to hear that SmashCapps, definitely a real bummer. Any idea what your budget would have to be? I'm unsure on how cheap travel fair could be, but you could probably find someone you could bunk with on Smashboards.
I can afford to GET to Vegas if I'm crafty, the whole issue is basically the housing. Since sleeping in an alley is like, bad or something, I need to figure out a place to sleep. I tried the Facebook groups for Vegas Smash and have had no responses, is there a place to do it here on Smashboards I don't know about because that'd be boss.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Seems like I'm still getting replies on the Tier List topic regarding Mii Sword. I'm not even heated any more; it's been a few days and it's not remotely important to reply (nobody's judging):

Fuzzy_Noob on Reddit said:
He has little range on most moves, his kills moves are high risk, there is SO much lag on every move as well. Also, there is nothing that stands out about this character. There is something interesting about a character that gives them special perks. Sadly Mii swordsman doesn't have any of that. Now Trela did play very well and made the character look good, but my point is the character overall just sucks.
Thoughts?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Thoughts?
It's not too unfair if we're all honest, though a lot of moves we have that are in the air can have auto cancels possible to reduce speed, his ground moves tend to be slower (minus maybe down tilt which is his fastest move pretty sure). I dunno about his kill moves being hig risk, Up Air can be comboed into if you are creative, his first custom up b is tricky and risky but can kill crazy early, F-Smash IS risky, but a perfectly spaced one to hit with the tip can give you enough time to roll or dodge depending on the opponent. Back air can sometimes work well to kill in strings or edgguarding, and Nair can send people at odd angles too for the same purpose.

He's one of those characters I think people would say is "honest" though. It's true he doesn't have anything THAT crazy or weird to make him stand out on the surface, so results and people actuially showing his strengths are going to be needed to convince folks.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
They're out-of-order because people will complain the logistics of order, first and foremost. That is the main argument, and flawed point.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I get what GeneralLedge is trying to do by randomizing the order. I imagine most people would just choose "1111" (if not "default," though some of us would consider that flawed logic), since that's what a lot of people have been doing.

I'm not sure what to say about the logistics of making certain custom movesets "standard," but I do wonder if to any extent we should make custom ruleset policy for Miis different than for all the other characters. They don't really have a "customs off" moveset, after all.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Fuzzy_Noob on Reddit said:
He has little range on most moves, his kills moves are high risk, there is SO much lag on every move as well. Also, there is nothing that stands out about this character. There is something interesting about a character that gives them special perks. Sadly Mii swordsman doesn't have any of that. Now Trela did play very well and made the character look good, but my point is the character overall just sucks
Let's see..

Little Range on most of his moves? Which moves is Fuzzy referring to? Butter Knight is a sword user meaning disjointed hitboxes. He has more range that Pit/Brad Pit. The only move that I feel it short is Bair.

Kills Moves are high risk. Sure, but when you can hit confirm into them with safer moves like Jab, Dtilt and Grab then you in business.

there is SO much lag on every move as well. Yeah, there is lag but that means you need to wary of your spacing and be commitment to your attacks. You can't go autopilot and expect to win. This make Butter Knight a more technical character and brainless.

Also, there is nothing that stands out about this character. This is an opinion and I respect opinions just not bad ones. But having a kill move that juggles into itself and does 14-17, Spinning downward drill that can cause a shockwave and bring you to hell the Shadow Realm, Fsmash that outrange fricking Ike, a Frame 5 Disjointed Stab, a Tornado does the most damage up close, beats projectiles, pop the opponent upwards and windbox at the ending half, a Shuriken that ninja parry (invincible frame) at startup and does the most damage at max range. Mario's fricking Cape on a Sword user, A better Falcon Kick that kills and beat weak projectiles. A projectile that does multiple hits if you tilt it for setup. Spinning ball of death that can kill yourself. A Up B that has a pretty strong spike.

Yeah, man. Swordfighter is a pretty generic character.
You are wasting your energy with them. Though it is clever you switch the Moves order.

Why not just follow suit for Mii's and do 1111 like every other character in vanilla? It seems like a bit of cherry picking to chose their best possible sets of moves for a customs-off environment.

This is what the meta is doing right now anyway, so I highly doubt that it'll gravitate torwards your idea
You can respond to this by saying that several characters, especially the top tiers, are using their best set. But Mii Fighter cannot? Seems pretty unfair.

Now, here is where I find a flaw - Trela was able to make 1111 for Swordfighter work. Who are we to determine what is the default set? If most of us agree that 2133 for example should be the default set that will screw over that guy who made Butter Knight viable. Of course, we have a voting system and he will just adjust. Just saying.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad I'm a Mii Sword enthusiast (1111 isn't hard to use, although the lack of Hero Spin kinda sucks). I'd hate to be Brawler or Gunner right now.

Now we just need to push for 25:0 to be the default size. :urg:

*sigh*

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i almost want to make a reddit account to make a thread disproving all of swordfighter's misconceptions

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
i almost want to make a reddit account to make a thread disproving all of swordfighter's misconceptions
I'd have made it by now, but I said previously that we need actual video/giffycat proofs for our statements, to hammer the nail in their heads.

Until we get a proper string video involving jab-dtilt-dtilt-grab-dthrow-uair-bair-bair-herospin, there's nothing we can prove.

EDIT: Plus, the evil little demon inside me would rather proactively encourage misconceptions so we get more buffs.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I'd have made it by now, but I said previously that we need actual video/giffycat proofs for our statements, to hammer the nail in their heads.

Until we get a proper string video involving jab-dtilt-dtilt-grab-dthrow-uair-bair-bair-herospin, there's nothing we can prove.

EDIT: Plus, the evil little demon inside me would rather proactively encourage misconceptions so we get more buffs.
They will complain it is DI-able.

Top Bottom