• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You've probably never timed out someone with gunner m8

I should probably sleep or something. Almost 3:00 am
Naw, I usually SD or get a slick kill with Gun-Dash -> Kill Move before that happens lol

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
:4miif: :4miigun: *airhorn*
I just realized I said the opposite of what I meant, I'm not into playing super laem. I need to style.

Really though, Gunner for me is all about the sick Snipes and Gun-Dash Kills when Swordfighter is a spiking monstrosity. Doubles with Swordfighter are insane because it's easier to catch people during the madness that can ensue. I like Gunner in doubles too.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I don't like to play lame though.
That explains why you lost.
Luigi is the opposite of Sonic. While Sonic wants to camp you out, Luigi forces you to camp him out or else lose. It's an inherent quality of his design. Best Frame data in Smash 4 + Insane damage off a grab + Plus Terrible Mobility means not laming im out is a recipe for disaster.
I know you want to play Gunner as a sniper who takes that one careful shot to seal the game but one of the biggest lessons in laying smash 4 at a higher Level is that playing lame is very important
Luigi is the chapter test for said lesson.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Found an email address to contact Smash Ladder. It's not the right one for rules questions, but it's some form of contact; I've asked them if they can point me in the right direction.

Hopefully we can get Anther to stop by and talk with us. If he does, please remember to show him every courtesy. We're not making threats/demands, but want to show that Evo 2015 proves the Miis don't hurt competitive play... and that we'd really like to enjoy our favorite character in their proper form in one of the largest online play venues; his Smash Ladder.

That's pretty much our core idea, if he drops by to ask about this while I'm not immediately here to reply: "The Miis aren't really hurting anything, and we'd have a lot more fun if we could use their full move list as they were designed to work. Can you talk with us about easing up the restrictions?"

If we can get Smash Ladder to do this, that will be tremendous progress. They're easily one of the most popular venues for online play that is better than random For Glory matches, and if they work with us on this... it's possible we'll see offline majors eventually follow suit. We've already convinced a few offline-local-scale tournaments to offer more Mii freedom, so let's keep building on that.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm back after a swordfighter hiatus :3 Mainly left cuz of the dilemma Pegasus knight was mentioning but it's nice to see people warming up to the Miis as a whole

Been doing "Mii showcases" on my YouTube channel to show who can get in smash bros with a little creativity. Y'all should def check it out :)

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A very nicely worded post...I was worried since the mii advocacy threads have been known to be a minefield.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Honestly, it coming from a top player makes all the difference. Top players can get away with pretty much anything. This little 'fact' of the Smash scene frustrates me greatly, but I'm nonetheless glad Numbers is helping out on this. Very cool of him!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm thinking about making a post about specials buffered by holding down such as all the up-b's and aerial assault but I'm not too sure what to call the technique. Beefy Smash Doods refers to is as "beefy" but i really don't like that name for multiple reasons so i was hoping if you guys know a more "official" term for it other wise I'll just refer to it as "holding down on the control stick" and other variations

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So wait, what is this technique exactly?
It's a way to stop characters from auto snapping which is useful for swordfighter because all his up-b's have a hit box and aerial assault becomes a nasty edgeguard tool

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Interesting...I'll have to see if I can incorporate that :)

For some reason I think there's something called "ledge canceling" already, so maybe "ledgegrab cancel"?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Doesn't really need a name. Just say "hold down" in a conversation. Too many names is overkill, especially if it's a simple technique like this.

Basically hold down and you don't grab ledge. Could be interesting for catching people, especially since AA and stone scabbard are pretty spooky.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
New YouTube videos up, mii showcase 7 and 8. Here's one of them: http://youtu.be/y3RlRfZTt7o

I'm posting this vid in particular because I really think I'm committed to a specific size and move setup for my swordfighter, and seeing Mabel Pines wield a sword twice her size is a hoot :)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Technically speaking, I didn't post today, that's saddening.

I'm having a hard time finding people to smash with Swordfighter :l

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
help

Someone remind me what mii height/weight does

I have a vague idea

also what's the optimal ratio for swordspider?

I might play him next tournament

ideally i want nair to auto cancel in a short hop.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Height affects jump height, air and land speed, and reach.

Weight affects damage dealt, survivability, and I THINK end lag on attacks.

Height is personal preference. Weight generally should be as low as practical for better frame data.

So, MVD has said we don't play real characters.

I encourage all of us to file disputes with whatever retailer we bought our Mii Amiibos from, alleging that we were in fact sold no product at all, and received no product. Clearly these Amiibo do not exist, so we should have no trouble getting our money back.

Send screenshots of the retailer's reply to MVD's Twitter.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
help

Someone remind me what mii height/weight does

I have a vague idea

also what's the optimal ratio for swordspider?

I might play him next tournament

ideally i want nair to auto cancel in a short hop.
All mii's should be anorexic, period. being thin has speed bonuses and only minor losses to damage (like less than 1% losses)
a shorter mii is noticeably faster but has a noticeably shorter sword so as long as you don't make the mii tall, its up for preferance
So, MVD has said we don't play real characters.

I encourage all of us to file disputes with whatever retailer we bought our Mii Amiibos from, alleging that we were in fact sold no product at all, and received no product. Clearly these Amiibo do not exist, so we should have no trouble getting our money back.

Send screenshots of the retailer's reply to MVD's Twitter.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's not autocancelling for me and my mii is default height I'm pretty sure. D:
how in blue blazes?
*grabs 3ds with my completely unmodified outside of looks mii*
*easily auto cancels n-air while purposely not autocancelling n-air to make sure the landing animation is different*

hmm
I got three theories
1.) the mii is a bit too tall
The input is not strict but n-air has to be done as soon as you jump so a taller mii might mess with it
2.) you're not imputting it properly
N-air does have to be inputted as soon as you jump so maybe you don't know that?
3.) you are auto cancelling but can't notice
the landing animations do look kinda similar

if all else fails try making a making a slightly shorter mii and keep making him shorter until you get the right ac n-air height

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer sis, you know whats better than Ac-ing N-air? Ac-ing U-air!
now you pressure people for being under you FOR FREE
all you need is a short mii (the EVO Swordfighter works for me)

also if you don't use chakram on that tournament i will personally force you to stay i the Rosalina Social

also i be doing dat double post but this place is lawless so no one will punish me
:109:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
My mii that cant auto cancel nair can auto cancel up air

please help

Best customs?

I'm 1331 rn

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
My mii that cant auto cancel nair can auto cancel up air

please help

Best customs?

I'm 1331 rn
turns out you can AC up air as default mii :/ but gorl you still can't ac n-air?! you need jesus

those customs are pretty good if you ask me

chakram is a must (for me at least) gale strike is the least redundant/bad on the neutral b Link's up b is my over all favorite too down b is literally personal preference/counterpicking

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'm honestly stunned. I knew the top of the Smash competitive community had a bad reputation, but had always given them the benefit of the doubt.

Talking with them in one of the Mii threads has shown their reputation is completely justified AND understated. These guys are assholes and cowards, colluding to control the game's rules out of some sense of elitist entitlement and, I suspect, fear and laziness.

That sort of crap would be met with severe penalties in nearly any other competitive venue I can think of. How the hell did this become the norm for Smash?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm honestly stunned. I knew the top of the Smash competitive community had a bad reputation, but had always given them the benefit of the doubt.

Talking with them in one of the Mii threads has shown their reputation is completely justified AND understated. These guys are ******** and cowards, colluding to control the game's rules out of some sense of elitist entitlement and, I suspect, fear and laziness.

That sort of crap would be met with severe penalties in nearly any other competitive venue I can think of. How the hell did this become the norm for Smash?
wait what's wrong-
*inner :4ryu: : the answer lies in the mii thread*
*goes to thread*
sees MVG throwing low quality bait everywhere and Vinnie not acting his age

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Talking with them in one of the Mii threads has shown their reputation is completely justified AND understated. These guys are ******** and cowards, colluding to control the game's rules out of some sense of elitist entitlement and, I suspect, fear and laziness.

It has been this way over at the Japanese scene as well. They are not in favour of legalizing miis at all.

Honestly, I feel like my local is the only place on this side of the world that still holds custom tournaments with full Mii legality. It took me a while to convince the TO that Miis shouldn't be restricted.

A couple weeks ago, when I attended the tourney. They were more/new Mii mains, especially Swordfighter mains. Most of them actually picked up the character out of curiosity because I was successful with the character before. Alas, I'm still the only "true" Zelda main though.

Edit: Not all Japanese regions ban Miis, only some regions do. It's from allowing guest Mii's with customization to not allowing them at all.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I just...

Wow.

**** every single one of them. They're now resorting to outright harassment. This is the sort of behavior that would result in you being taken out to the parking lot and challenged to a fist-fight if you did it back in the arcade era. We didn't put up with this kind of crap, one way or another you were forced to face those you were antagonizing and things got resolved.

This really hurts my interest in competitive Smash, Miis or not. When a pack of frightened, lazy assholes can bully the opposition and shape the rules with impunity, why should I regard this as a legitimate tournament game?

@John12346 , I have a question. Did your appeal generate any positive reception from those who shape competitive play for this game?

EDIT: Oh, hey. Nintendodojo's ladder allows Miis. Think I'll head over there.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, there's a report button. It gets them a slap on the wrist. They know the rules, they know the precise line on how far they can go without a meaningful penalty. What the hell good does a 'warning' do? It's probably a badge of honor for them, something they snicker about and view with pride when it's gained in the name of insulting a Mii player.

Hell, they can probably cross that line since they're top players and top players get away with whatever they want.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
All mii's should be anorexic, period. being thin has speed bonuses and only minor losses to damage (like less than 1% losses)
a shorter mii is noticeably faster but has a noticeably shorter sword so as long as you don't make the mii tall, its up for preferance

Where did you get that creepy picture and why can't I unlook at it?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
(Post revoked, apparently technical limitations only display 'warning' regardless of action severity)

Last edited:
Top Bottom