• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Lucian and Robin were so cool in Steam.
Ike and Marth were eh

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
As far as the Amiibos go, I placed import orders from Japanese resellers on Amazon. Raised the price to about $25 apiece (with shipping included), but considering they're about $16-20 for me online domestically (tax + shipping) I figure the extra five bucks to not have to deal with the hassle of pre-order rushes here in America was worth it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
As far as the Amiibos go, I placed import orders from Japanese resellers on Amazon. Raised the price to about $25 apiece (with shipping included), but considering they're about $16-20 for me online domestically (tax + shipping) I figure the extra five bucks to not have to deal with the hassle of pre-order rushes here in America was worth it.
Well based on how GameStop's Retro pack is STILL up for preorder, I won't be surprised if the Mii pack ends up the same way. But yeah, importing is easier.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
SWORDFIGHTER HAS A JUMP SQUAT OF 7 FRAMES AND A HARD LANDING LAG OF FIVE FRAMES?!!!

That and that godawful air acceleration answers so many of cries of "Why is he so terrible in the air?!"

EDIT: just found out Bowser has an even worse jumpsquat/Hard landing lag at 8 and 7 frames respectively. Why Sakurai?

well looking at some of the characters that are most like Swordfighter :4littlemac::4link:(:4luigi:too but he doesn't have a page yet) I would say the best guess for an archetype for Sword-keep-your-feet-on-the-ground-fighter would be Footsies with a hint of semi grappler and Footsies/Zoning With Customs on

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , Suggestions for archetype listing:

"Customizable"

Some descriptor halfway between Marth and Link's descriptions

"Jedi Fanboy"

Something like Versatile, or Well-Rounded, or Balanced, or All-Around

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Things that I always wondered about the miis

What if chakrams could be picked up like metal blades

what if brawler could kill with normals

What if gunner's bombs were more like link's in that they could be picked up

What if swordfighter has tipper on all sword attacks

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
SWORDFIGHTER HAS A JUMP SQUAT OF 7 FRAMES AND A HARD LANDING LAG OF FIVE FRAMES?!!!

That and that godawful air acceleration answers so many of cries of "Why is he so terrible in the air?!"

EDIT: just found out Bowser has an even worse jumpsquat/Hard landing lag at 8 and 7 frames respectively. Why Sakurai?

well looking at some of the characters that are most like Swordfighter :4littlemac::4link:(:4luigi:too but he doesn't have a page yet) I would say the best guess for an archetype for Sword-keep-your-feet-on-the-ground-fighter would be Footsies with a hint of semi grappler and Footsies/Zoning With Customs on
bowser is a giant turtle

maybe i'll go zoning/all rounder

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Meanwhile in the mii fighter skype group this gem was created...

D

Deleted member 189823

So, like, turns out I do feel pretty comfterble with 3DS. Would probably go all-out 3DS, if I weren't risking it's possible health...and shiny cleanliness.

D

Deleted member 189823

So can I, liek, get the little Charles (BK) icon over here. I swear, there's no going back after that. Heck, if the WiiUs at our tournaments had them, I'd just go all-out.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I need to post in this thread more, hopefully something of a daily post for this whole week

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh. I guess I oughta say I tied for 5th out of 33 people at my local with Gunner and Swordfighter exclusively.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Details AEM! I need picture of Spider-man... I mean details on the tournament. Who did you use Swordfighter or Gunner for?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I think this is Anther's Twitter, but I don't have a Twitter account ( https://twitter.com/anthrzy

Would someone be willing to contact him and request he visit us in this thread (maybe even offer a link to it)? I would very much like to speak with him about the possibility of relaxing the restrictions on Miis on his Smash Ladder. Several months later, one Evo 2015 later, we have seen they are not as damaging to the game as previously feared and I'm hoping we can come to some kind of agreement that lets fans of these characters have their fun in one of the most popular online play venues.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Sweet. Could you get in touch with Anther? I'm thinking he'd be one of the more important hosts to convince. We've had some luck convincing smaller local tournaments to ease up on the Miis, but a major venue like Smash Ladder would be very, very important progress. And I seem to recall the ladder USED to allow free Mii design until the whole 'Helicopter Kick on Smashville' thing came up? Or so I hear. I joined after the change was already made.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sweet. Could you get in touch with Anther? I'm thinking he'd be one of the more important hosts to convince. We've had some luck convincing smaller local tournaments to ease up on the Miis, but a major venue like Smash Ladder would be very, very important progress. And I seem to recall the ladder USED to allow free Mii design until the whole 'Helicopter Kick on Smashville' thing came up? Or so I hear. I joined after the change was already made.
I'd recommend you go make a twitter account and talk to him as i think you know exactly what to say

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
What should I say if I end up pulling the trigger on contacting anther

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Whatcha mean by that?
I mean a breakdown of your tournament. What characters were you verses? Which Mii did you use against them? What you could you have done better?

Just general information and sharing your experience with the community.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I mean a breakdown of your tournament. What characters were you verses? Which Mii did you use against them? What you could you have done better?

Just general information and sharing your experience with the community.
Oh lol, let's see...
All I really recall is a bunch of people being greatly confused by Gunner, losing to the same Luigi twice, and getting somebody to strongly dislike Mii (the fighters and myself rip lol). I used whatever I had already placed on the systems before hand (Gunner, Swordfighter, Iwata, Nikki) or a Guest Mii.

Only thing I need to do is learn how to fight Luigi because he is literally the bane of my existence.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh lol, let's see...
All I really recall is a bunch of people being greatly confused by Gunner, losing to the same Luigi twice, and getting somebody to strongly dislike Mii (the fighters and myself rip lol). I used whatever I had already placed on the systems before hand (Gunner, Swordfighter, Iwata, Nikki) or a Guest Mii.

Only thing I need to do is learn how to fight Luigi because he is literally the bane of my existence.
Being able to beat luigi is the mark of getting close to top level play

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Oh lol, let's see...

Getting Somebody to strongly dislike Miis.
Lol that's our champ. Using 1111 and still getting players to hate.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Being able to beat luigi is the mark of getting close to top level play
Luigi really seems to me like a character people use to destroy scrubs, I just need to learn how to counter that without changing my characters and I should be good. Swordfighter may be the key.
Getting Somebody to strongly dislike Miis.
Lol that's our champ. Using 1111 and still getting players to hate.
They're still too "jank" I guess. I spiked him with dair as Gunner before he ledge snapped with Farore's Wind :U

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Luigi really seems to me like a character people use to destroy scrubs, I just need to learn how to counter that without changing my characters and I should be good. Swordfighter may be the key.
Wouldn't intense F-air usage + Charging Charge Shot work
Scrub uses Zelda
That explains everything
:secretmiipop:

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
As for what to tell Anther? Perhaps something along this line (modified for how you talk):

"Hey Anther, several of the Mii players have been talking on Smashboards lately and we were hoping to speak with you about your ladder's rules on how the Miis are used. Would you be willing to drop by and talk it out with us, see if we can get your reasoning on the 1111-only rule currently in use? And, based on how Evo 2015 went, look into offering them more freedom in move selection since it doesn't seem to be hurting the game?"

If he insists it's a matter of 'fairness', point out the Miis are designed around free move selection, that 1111 is clearly not how they're meant to work. Unlike every other character in the game which is built around 1111, the Miis obviously weren't. Reiterate that we're looking for a serious, polite discussion, we're not going to call him names, etc.

Once he's in this thread, I think we'll be able to give a fairly good case. We've already convinced a few local-scale TOs to relax their restrictions on Miis... not the total freedom we were hoping for, but genuinely good progress all the same. And most of us are pretty nice folk, I have no worries anyone will start insulting Anther or so on. Unless they show up as trolls specifically to derail the conversation, anyhow. ...But we have mods here to protect against that, so I think this talk is worth a try.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Pretty much arbitrary rule gunner in a nutshell
Again, I'm NOT*** into playing super laem. Even though I love playing as the character designed to be exactly that lol.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Again, I'm into playing super laem. Even though I love playing as the character designed to be exactly that lol.
You've probably never timed out someone with gunner m8

I should probably sleep or something. Almost 3:00 am

Top Bottom