• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

D

Deleted member 189823

you manged to keep her in the air really? wow she usually bouncing fishes into safety
And that's why I couldn't do it a lot more often than I did and why I had trouble landing U-Air. We need to really pay attention to Sheik's jumps. Jumping and U-Air where she could land, believe it or not, is actually plenty menacing (even if it doesn't actually hit).

To be fair, Sheik is like.. the worst match-up for almost 100% of the cast
That's not saying much, ee-mo. I've never felt anything as bad. It was either "get wrekt" or "be perfect, avoid getting rekt, sooooometimes tae a game". I've always mained Yoshi and Boozer, and did really well at that MU.

Also, I'd like to point out I really like the cape Down B (the rainbow). It's a lot like Mario's cape, it can stall (serves as an extra recovery and landing option), stalling actually gives you the option to either completely shift your momentum and throw an aerial, it obviously reflects stuff (especially important against Sheik). I feel I would've been better of with Counter on this one, though...

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Does anyone know where Trela'a gameplay is? Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I didn't know where to ask.

D

Deleted member 189823

I think I'm already understanding how to fight Sheik, and it may not be as awfully hard as I made it ought to be. Very rarely do I find myself against an opponent who hardly leaves openings (at least on the ground, against more obvious kill moves). And I wasn't capitalizing on a lot of the more obvious things, like shielding more when I needed (ran into a lot of falling attacks), missing on punishing a TON of airdodges, grabbing more in general (for ledge get up, he shielded about 90% of the time, I swear) and just overall going for actual garanteed stuff (forgot that you can't go for some stuff against Sheik), was playing a lot with Jab to...getting shield grabbed, lol.

I apologize I'm just making this a vblog of my experience, but I feel others may also benefit from this.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Apparently, Smash 4 ai still have the Brawl effect when they learn techniques and certain movement from actual players. I think there was a Brawl video of Captain Falcon AI constantly did Falcon Punch at any given movement.

It is cool OZ. You help keep this board active. Share what you have learn from playing Sheik. What is your setup and how shall the rest of the Butter Knight combat Sheik? Defensive or Offensive.

D

Deleted member 189823

lulz, Butter Knight. Why is that oh-so-perfect-sounding~!

Thank you, UNKNOWN KID! (,:

Gonna use Shulk and Palutena tomorrow for a tournament (might not be one so whatevs depending on attendance) along with BKF

But I'm probably gonna go butter knife fighter first

Last edited:
At the request of @ Antonykun Antonykun I have decided to pay a visit to this thread
Hai everyone!~
I'll be sure to drop by every now and again
I'll drop this off here every social needs the queen of sass Zelda

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
So I've been wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to just up and merge all three Mii Fighter forums. If I wanted to make a general "Mii Size" thread, suddenly two thirds get left out. Unless I make three of them, but that seems somewhat redundant.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Could always like, leave a permanent topic link to another board. Only issue is that in order to be aware of it having new posts is to either check the host topic in its original board or watch the thread.

But a topic like that probably deserves to be pinned in each Fighter's board. I mean the size is a pretty pivotal part of the character.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So I've been wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to just up and merge all three Mii Fighter forums. If I wanted to make a general "Mii Size" thread, suddenly two thirds get left out. Unless I make three of them, but that seems somewhat redundant.
No, the Miis are three entirely different characters
I'm sure you can have @ AEMehr AEMehr come up with some mod magic to make a unified M8ii size thread
Speak of AEM and you get ninja'd :p

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
They're wildly different characters. I think in the case you're discussing, posting duplicate topics is justified. Perhaps even have a mod close two of the three after providing a link to the original thread you want discussion focused within?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd have to get to it later tonight, I'll be away from home and a computer for several hours.

If someone could construct an OP for the topic I can get it done super quick when I get home.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
They're wildly different characters.
Not really saying they aren't, but the mechanical back-end is similar enough that discussing certain aspects, such as sizes, costumes, 'characters you made', I wonder why the three aren't sub-subforums or something. (Characters -> Mii Discussion -> Mii Swordfighter Discussion)

Uh well. My Swordfighter was alright. Felt like I flopped though tbh despite all the come backs I had with the character but yeah. I wasn't really that happy with how I did with the character. Same went for Palutena and Fox. I'm proud of my Shulk though. I played really well with him and I feel like I'm getting better with him all the time. I mean, this applies for all my other characters but I'm feeling it the most with Shulk (no pun intended)

Anyway, I really need to improve my spacing with swordfighter. Feel like I don't have his hitboxes down in my head. So much mis-spaced attacks and errors x_x

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
My main problem is that I just yolo everything now and hope I connect with something.

also @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill swordfighter drawing progress - the shading. Not quite finished, but getting close.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Uh well. My Swordfighter was alright. Felt like I flopped though tbh despite all the come backs I had with the character but yeah. I wasn't really that happy with how I did with the character. Same went for Palutena and Fox. I'm proud of my Shulk though. I played really well with him and I feel like I'm getting better with him all the time. I mean, this applies for all my other characters but I'm feeling it the most with Shulk (no pun intended)

Anyway, I really need to improve my spacing with swordfighter. Feel like I don't have his hitboxes down in my head. So much mis-spaced attacks and errors x_x
Was there a stream for your tournament?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
They can't win if they've been sucked into the void

Top Bottom