• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

D

Deleted member 189823

Didn't know that about F-Air to U-Smash...

Also, he kills surprisingly well. Read a bit of the guide beforehand, and it implied he was pretty average in KO power. I actually gave him Link's Up-B for that purpose (aerially, it has a pretty strange strong hitbox that sends your opponents the other way or something).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So, liek, FML. I'm 17 cents away from being able to buy BK. Yes, it's ridiculously cheap, but I'm not exactly in the situation to be asking my mother to buy me stuff online.

Anyway, I tried out the Swordfighter on 3DS. He feels...sluggish. Everything from running, to aerial mobility to N-Air (expected it to be autocancelable). Seems like I can work him, though. I like his Jab, his tilts (D-Tilt is super good, U-Tilt can use a tiny bit of range...maybe speed), F-Tilt seems more of a killer and his aerials are sort of weird, but you can get some nice stuff out of it (D-Throw U-Air that does 15%...really quick non fast-fall D-Air, F-Air that autocancels and may combo if fast-falled)
I think you understand that Swordfighter is a ground based fighter. His aerials are wonky in neutral but his jabs + tilts are really useful for spacing and setting up our lord and savior Up air plus he's kinda fast walking and doesn't have that long skid animation when he's done running

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think you understand that Swordfighter is a ground based fighter. His aerials are wonky in neutral but his jabs + tilts are really useful for spacing and setting up our lord and savior Up air plus he's kinda fast walking and doesn't have that long skid animation when he's done running
He also has a very nice sliding dsmash ^^

Didn't know that about F-Air to U-Smash...

Also, he kills surprisingly well. Read a bit of the guide beforehand, and it implied he was pretty average in KO power. I actually gave him Link's Up-B for that purpose (aerially, it has a pretty strange strong hitbox that sends your opponents the other way or something).
You can jab jab up B (Hero's Spin) ^^ or jab up B, depending on character's floatyness level.

D

Deleted member 189823

Those are actually surprisingly useful facts to no when I'm just starting. Thanks, gais.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oh yeah you should practice D-air into footstool an easy way to set it up is to use the second custom Chakram and use the slow variant which is done by tilting the stick to take them offstage

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
oh yeah you should practice D-air into footstool an easy way to set it up is to use the second custom Chakram and use the slow variant which is done by tilting the stick to take them offstage
That might actually be a hard method to set it up XD

I just backthrow 'em~

D

Deleted member 189823

Do we have a HOO HAA...that kills!?
Also, what's the deal with B-Air. First time I saw it (on video), I thought it was going to be similiar to TINK's. Now I think it's more like Ike's and it's suituble for killing rather than racking damage...

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Do we have a HOO HAA...that kills!?
Also, what's the deal with B-Air. First time I saw it (on video), I thought it was going to be similiar to TINK's. Now I think it's more like Ike's and it's suituble for killing rather than racking damage...
Technically dthrow upair will combo at kill %s, killing at 100% or so

But DI messes that up xD

And yeah, bair is very good for killing ^^ super strong

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh, I gotchu

Still sounds like it needs a pretty specific positioning tho D=
on the 3ds in FD/Omega has the right spacing for this in the beginning and you can reset it easily with the touch screen

I wish B-air came out faster :/ but I'm afraid some might think that would override my wish for a kill throw so I'll just stick with Up trow being a kill throw

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
on the 3ds in FD/Omega has the right spacing for this in the beginning and you can reset it easily with the touch screen

I wish B-air came out faster :/ but I'm afraid some might think that would override my wish for a kill throw so I'll just stick with Up trow being a kill throw
But I mean in actual matches tho xD

Also, does upair kill faster than backthrow?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
But I mean in actual matches tho xD

Also, does upair kill faster than backthrow?
i meant to say a bunch of things the set u is just so you can practice footstool D-air
and my wish is for Up throw to be a kill throw like Marth's
I want to use the Black Knight. 8]
Don't we all?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
i meant to say a bunch of things the set u is just so you can practice footstool D-air
and my wish is for Up throw to be a kill throw like Marth's

Don't we all?
Oh

That'd be pretty sweet

But I'd be happy with a backthrow buff XP

Since that's..more likely, I feel.

D

Deleted member 189823

Probably going to happen...and I'm also going to main him. ),:

D

Deleted member 189823

So I just tried him out a while ago, on wifi (so this means, against an actual person). The character still feels very new to me, I keep making mistakes like suicidicing, trying to link Jab to U-Tilt (like TINK, but our Jab leaves them too far away for that...) and just overall familiarity with the character. The tiny bit of lag didn't help, but I was growing quite accustumed towards the very end. Really have to stop trying to link U-Tilt out of Jab, it hardly ever connects (although it does connect with other attacks pretty decently).

Overall, the character feels...quite right. It's something I can grow into. May have WiiU replays some time soon.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Jab jab uptilt should work at close range, but yeah, if you space the jabs, then it sends them too far away xD YOu can do jab jab grab or jab jab dash attack tho =D

D

Deleted member 189823

Jab has pretty intense range, lol. Many times I'd find myself "poking" at my opponent's shield with stuff like Jab, D-Tilt and then U-Tilt to cover their roll and sometimes aerial approaches...

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I haven't played Mii Swordfighter in such a long time that I've almost forgotten what some of his moves are. Being sick for a week straight doesn't help my memory either.

I decided to pull out Butterknife fighter for once

I really ****ed up with my recovering attempts (using 1111) so I kind of got bopped pretty easily. I did fine though it when it comes to footsies and KO'ing. My SF/BKF needs a lot of work and practice

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Everytime I've used 1111 swearfilter, I end up killing myself because I'm more dunk-happy with up+b (or becoming dunk-happy in general, I need to stop doing that) than Falcon going for style points all the blasted time.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I decided to pull out Butterknife fighter for once

I really ****ed up with my recovering attempts (using 1111) so I kind of got bopped pretty easily. I did fine though it when it comes to footsies and KO'ing. My SF/BKF needs a lot of work and practice
now that Skyward Slash Dance got buffed, I firmly beleive that Stone Scabbard is Trash

I only use stone scabbard because of the rules

Otherwise, I'd have switched to either SSD or Hero's Spin

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Why does everyone think SS is trash? I use 1111 and it doesn't seem terrible.
I'm mean it's our worst but it functions well enough

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Stone Scabbard is easily the worst recovery, not only that but the spike is a gimmick (though i guess the gimmick part is just my opinion)

Top Bottom