• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah my unvote threw the wrench in that. Hahaha.

Well that was a nice distraction from scumhunting, so let’s get back to it, shall we?

You guys literally make me wanna host again though to see all the shenanigans from a mod PoV. May have to make a setup in the next few months. Lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Maybe so, and maybe I'm just too paranoid. Honestly I have no idea how much IQ I should be preparing for, so it feels safer not to assume scum will only make simple, predictable plays. All I know is he unvoted within minutes of voting when he would have had nothing to lose by staying on, and I wasn't on yet, so Z could've easily jumped on and misyeeted in that situation.

...my head hurts

I tried looking at Somi and he had... very little content, all of it relating to Laser, 3ds, or Xivii:

Not exactly super helpful lol
Occam’s Razor when scumhunting, homie. Lol. Trust me, I do the same a lot.

Of course I used to heavily gambit as well, town and scum, and truthfully I see no point to as town anymore. Playstyle and motive are usually what clears town imo. I can understand crafty plays as PRs and the like. But I generally don’t try to go outside the wheelhouse to confuse scum/town etc. That’s always been my biggest thing as playing town was to play transparent, not play confusing meta etc. More often than not it does more harm than good.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I didn't expect to confuse town because if it was hammer like I thought we'd be in night and it would only gambit scum
1596071828876.png

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I really thought a nice, open setup with simple roles would be a great way to get back into mafia. You guys got me messed up :crazy:

I think I may be tunneling too hard because after all of that I still think Laser is the play... I need to reread the last few pages. I'll get back to everyone once I do lol

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
So these are the scenarios we need to be thinking about.

Case 1: Exlight is traitor.
Option A: Yeet Exlight. LaserGuy is cleared. Town repeats LYLO.
Option B: Yeet one LaserGuy or any other townie. Game over Town loses.
Option C: Yeet the correct mafia. Game over Town wins.

Case 2: Exlight is Town, no traitor.
Option A: Yeet Exlight. Town advances to LYLO.
Option B: Yeet correct mafia. Town wins.
Option C: Yeet the wrong person. Exlight is cleared, Town advances to LYLO.

Case 3: Exlight is Town, traitor is someone else.
Option A: Yeet Exlight or any other townie. Game over, Town loses.
Option B: Yeet the traitor. Exlight is cleared, Town repeats LYLO.
Option C: Yeet the correct mafia. Town wins.

Green is winning. Red is losing. Orange is LYLO.

Notes on clears:
-I'm cleared on a traitor flip from Exlight.
-Exlight is cleared on any Town flip that doesn't end the game as main mafia would not claim traitor.

So basically the correct play is to yeet the person who is most likely to be mafia, except if Town thinks that person is me, then we should yeet Exlight first. If Exlight is Town, we still lose in Case 3, but we lose there by yeeting me anyway so we're lost either way. If Exlight is yeeted as traitor, then we avoid losing in Case 1 and even though we're still in LYLO, we gain a Town clear (or I get NKed which is fine too). Since most people seem to be lining up to yeet me, this ends up being the path we probably need to take.

FWIW, I have a really hard time believing that Exlight is not going to flip traitor here. His progression from we have lots of time to I'm still reading to lolhammer GG town never comes from a townie thinking we might be in LYLO. If we take for granted that Exlight is flipping traitor here, then our pool is basically z25/Chaco for today.

Chaco

Never Logs In

Notes on clears:
-Exlight is cleared on any Town flip that doesn't end the game as main mafia would not claim traitor.

So basically the correct play is to yeet the person who is most likely to be mafia, except if Town thinks that person is me, then we should yeet Exlight first. If Exlight is Town, we still lose in Case 3, but we lose there by yeeting me anyway so we're lost either way. If Exlight is yeeted as traitor, then we avoid losing in Case 1 and even though we're still in LYLO, we gain a Town clear (or I get NKed which is fine too). Since most people seem to be lining up to yeet me, this ends up being the path we probably need to take.

FWIW, I have a really hard time believing that Exlight is not going to flip traitor here. His progression from we have lots of time to I'm still reading to lolhammer GG town never comes from a townie thinking we might be in LYLO. If we take for granted that Exlight is flipping traitor here, then our pool is basically z25/Chaco for today.
I don’t know exactly why but I am completely underwhelmed by this post. Like yeah it could be accurate, but it seems so detached that I can’t look past it.

What worries me is that you still try and include me in pool but based off of last Lynch, I should be soft cleared. Scum isn’t the first vote on the wagon, ever, not the second in my case since Xiv unvoted lol.

It just seems like you’re trying to capitalize off of Ex’s blunder too much.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think Laser was the one who noticed NSG and made a push to see what would happen. I think that’s his damning scum tell this game.

Vote: LaserGuy

I may be tunneling him to hard to, but I just don’t see townie who doesn’t wanna be lynched here. But I didn’t with Z25 either, so who knows.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Notes on clears:

Traitor literally doesn’t matter currently we don’t need to kill them.
Also this in no way clears you currently, as we can’t even confirm if any of it is true and it’s not worth miss yeeting over. Plus when scum decided to kill Fonti, I agree with the point Zen made they like did it rather then search for masons because they had the shots for it. Which would likely mean no traitor. And that logic still holds up imo. So this is all unnecessary and honestly feels like it’s just an attempt for you to seem to by clinging to more logistics like your wagon economics.
I don’t know exactly why but I am completely underwhelmed by this post. Like yeah it could be accurate, but it seems so detached that I can’t look past it.

What worries me is that you still try and include me in pool but based off of last Lynch, I should be soft cleared. Scum isn’t the first vote on the wagon, ever, not the second in my case since Xiv unvoted lol.

It just seems like you’re trying to capitalize off of Ex’s blunder too much.
Yeah his focus on clearing no one but himself comes off pretty scum motivated to me.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm baffled why Laser would is pushing Ex right now, which he believes will put us into another LyLo in the best-case scenario, rather than Z, who he seems to be saying will win the game for us.

Vote: Laser

I think(?) I feel good enough for this. Are we ready to hammer? Whoever does better use Raj's hammer photo lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m ready to hammer, is everyone fine with that? It seems discussion has reached the end for today and I’m still convinced it’s laser.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
is it a bad thing I’m hesitating on Laser now after that fiasco :v
What has you hesitating? What that he said during the fiasco struck you as town, or Z as more scummy?

I think I'm ready to hammer depending on that answer

ExLight

Smash Lord
What has you hesitating? What that he said during the fiasco struck you as town, or Z as more scummy?

I think I'm ready to hammer depending on that answer
it was nothing in-thread
It’s kind of a moral dilemma for me to talk about it, do you get it? :v

we should prolly just do it anyway since that’s what we were going to from the very beginning and hope I’m overthinking stuff

ExLight

Smash Lord
:v
idfk
I have meta info hinting Laser might be wrong but idefk why scum haven’t hammered yet

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright so if Laser is wrong that means it’s Z, not me. Lol. So what’s your meta reasoning for Laser?

Unvote

Z25 Z25 Put your vote down on Laser.
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Unvote off if Laser, and I’m going to put my vote down so hammer is in your hands alone so now quick hammer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you can’t talk about it in game though for whatever reasoning, it is nothing we can go off. Therefore despite what you can believe it to be, if you can’t convince us, there’s no point game throwing for a possibility that you cannot confirm or deny feel me?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Same with me asking UP to confirm your question to him, I don’t know if he will be able to answer that or not. If so it clears you, if he can’t, it’s up to anyone’s guess.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then that’s nothing we can particularly go on. And truth be told, I haven’t seen you on scum yet this game, so I’m hesitant to drop our pursuit for what you feel is meta knowledge.

ExLight

Smash Lord
If you can’t talk about it in game though for whatever reasoning, it is nothing we can go off. Therefore despite what you can believe it to be, if you can’t convince us, there’s no point game throwing for a possibility that you cannot confirm or deny feel me?
yea, I know

I also feel like it’s a bit unethical to use this to try and lynch someone else too so if everyone still went for Laser I’d be *kinda* fine since he was going to get hammered anyway yesterday

it’s just a bit nervewrecking having this and seeing him getting lynched :v

worst part is that I don’t know if I’m overthinking or if it’s something legit and I can’t really share it here aaa

Chaco

Never Logs In
Unless you can imply to why or produce anything that would allow us enmasse to feel otherwise

ExLight

Smash Lord
Then that’s nothing we can particularly go on. And truth be told, I haven’t seen you on scum yet this game, so I’m hesitant to drop our pursuit for what you feel is meta knowledge.
look I know I sucked this game no need to shove it into my face ; -;

Chaco

Never Logs In
No I’m not trying to shove it in your face, I’m just giving you the reality of swaying me if you think it’s something pertinent

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well if it’s outside communication of any kind regarding the game or pulled from anywhere else regarding this game, I sincerely doubt it. You’d likely be modkilled.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
pit if I suggested a complete 180° into chaco would you do it
Unless you have some amazing fantastic showstopping case on why, absolutely not. Chaco is not 100% cleared, but I think he's the closest I'm going to get in this pool

Unvote?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I am curious as to why you’d presume me as the redirect target though and not Z?

ExLight

Smash Lord
I just don’t wanna lynch Laser
but at the same time I’m confused as to why scum didn’t hammer it

Top Bottom