• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t see the point for an extension myself either truthfully, we have 4 days essentially. That should be plenty of time.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chaco I know you're a gut player, but I'm the opposite. I need details. Saying that you think something without anything to support your thoughts doesn't tell us anything. We need to side with whoever has the strongest argument and consistency in their reasoning. So far, your reasoning doesn't seem to fit the facts.

ExLight

Smash Lord
If it's the final shot, then you voting for a player loses the game so you should unvote. It only takes 4 to hammer.
I’m not going to unvote him while I reread
if he’s town scum can just go ahead and end this and I’ll apologize later, but I’ll stand my ground on this until the very end even if my denseness means me losing

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco I know you're a gut player, but I'm the opposite. I need details. Saying that you think something without anything to support your thoughts doesn't tell us anything. We need to side with whoever has the strongest argument and consistency in their reasoning. So far, your reasoning doesn't seem to fit the facts.
Yeah I got you. I’ll find you supporting points to pay out why I feel that way. Just give me about 24 hours probs to really sink in. If my wife falls asleep early I’ll try and read as much as I can before passing out. I work in the heat though so it puts a big ole drain on my ability to stay up late. Lol.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
if he’s town scum can just go ahead and end this and I’ll apologize later, but I’ll stand my ground on this until the very end even if my denseness means me losing
what a crappy thing to do

ExLight

Smash Lord
I’ve been like 85% sure he’s scum, I already committed the error of letting everyone push someone from my null reads first twice and they both ended up flipping town, I’m not sure what’s the problem with me having some self confidence and standing on something I truly believe in

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
voting in what you believe to be lylo without even having read the game because you don't personally care if you lose is simply selfish

ExLight

Smash Lord
voting in what you believe to be lylo without even having read the game because you don't personally care if you lose is simply selfish
yea, sorry
I’m willing to force everyone’s hand if I believe that puts us in the right track

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What are you referring to here?
20051 is where Triss stopped voting Chaco and backed off( as mentioned by Chaco themselves)

Laser at this point had a lot of discussions and responses to your posts before he would move on to explain how I’m scum. But then he would switch and try to go after Chaco as his scum choice. Note how votes started coming in for Chaco after that point. Laser then decided to try and push the train for Chaco when the Raman train was picking up again. This constant change in plays and scum accusation feels like Laser trying to paint multiple targets for this next day that we should look at when Rajam flips town. It comes off to me personally as scum laser knowing Rajam was town and getting an easy lunch. From there he could try and setup more slots for a miss lynch. That’s my problem with page 52 till the EoD portion.
The fact everyone seems to be willing for a Laser instead of it being a 50/50 kinda should point out that he isn’t today’s play :upsidedown:
This is a bad philosophy. Just because someone may seem like obvious scum, it doesn’t mean they are twin.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
20051 is where Triss stopped voting Chaco and backed off( as mentioned by Chaco themselves)

Laser at this point had a lot of discussions and responses to your posts before he would move on to explain how I’m scum. But then he would switch and try to go after Chaco as his scum choice. Note how votes started coming in for Chaco after that point. Laser then decided to try and push the train for Chaco when the Raman train was picking up again. This constant change in plays and scum accusation feels like Laser trying to paint multiple targets for this next day that we should look at when Rajam flips town. It comes off to me personally as scum laser knowing Rajam was town and getting an easy lunch. From there he could try and setup more slots for a miss lynch. That’s my problem with page 52 till the EoD portion.

This is a bad philosophy. Just because someone may seem like obvious scum, it doesn’t mean they are twin.
*Town not Twin.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ooh I retract that Xivii. I read a bit of Mala, and I must’ve just glazed over some stuff. Definitely more there than I thought.
I really have to reread now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn I didn’t know you could have an even worse take then that last one

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Alright so this is a lot more telling now that we have more flips. I wanna say the entirety of the top is town. Basically we know that, Frozen was playing to town by appeasing town. We saw that. Pocketing etc.

Now that leaves the active lynch pool we have: Z, Mala, Laser.

NOTE though, exact sentiment on Raxx as NSG? Do you think he’d leave a scum mate out like that?

I wanna PoE Mala here, and narrow to Laser and Z.

Consistent prods on Somi were noted before. So if for some reason one of them isn’t, it’s Ex.

FINALLY CAN DERIVE SOME INFO FROM HIM
I think FF would totally be able to leave out a scummate. Especially knowing my slot hadn't really done much of anything till that point.

I'll be V/LA for a week starting Monday with no access to the internet, so we should figure this out by the weekend.
I'm also gonna be V/LA Monday through Thursday next week, though I think I'll be able to post occasionally on my phone.

Chaco

Never Logs In

The top portion is my biggest concern with Laser.

I find it interesting Mala articulates that he believes that you and Laser are unlikely to be paired in his Laser breakdown.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I’m getting big Laser and Ex scum team vibes right now.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I’m really not in the mood of shouting and crying over until people start listening my reads like in sorcerer

I’m in a really foul mood and this game is a ****ing mess since everyone is just everywhere flip flopping a ****ton

I’ll do what I believe in and I personally don’t care at this point

What are you saying here?
I’m saying don’t always go for the easy one when there are other options right under our nose

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ex is so blatant bad town at times I can’t see him being scum. Traitor could fit more, but that’s a toss up if in game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I’m really not in the mood of shouting and crying over until people start listening my reads like in sorcerer

I’m in a really foul mood and this game is a ****ing mess since everyone is just everywhere flip flopping a ****ton

I’ll do what I believe in and I personally don’t care at this point
Being in a foul mood is no excuse for game throwing, considering how much time and effort is put into these games from each player.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
you’re literally throwing shade at everyone in -Lo, you should’ve been lynched D2
Who in the **** have I thrown shade at?

I literally said I put faith in Zen, Dp, Chaco, and I don’t full see Mala as scum either. Now tell me how’s that shade? My biggest scum read has been Laser and I’ve specifically said I think he should go first, it be easier to find last scum because I genuinely think he sticks out the worst out of everyone else left.

ExLight

Smash Lord
“he’s so blatantly (bad) town... OR IS HE THE TRAITOR???”

and then you don’t know why I scumread you too sigh

ExLight

Smash Lord
Being in a foul mood is no excuse for game throwing, considering how much time and effort is put into these games from each player.
I’m not game throwing. I’m doing what I believe to be the right play.

Chaco

Never Logs In
“he’s so blatantly (bad) town... OR IS HE THE TRAITOR???”

and then you don’t know why I scumread you too sigh
Bad town behavior is indicative of traitor, homie. That’s an if factor to explain why you do the things you do, cause not much else explains it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I’m not game throwing. I’m doing what I believe to be the right play.
Voting someone in what you believe to be lylo before you've reread and everyone has had a chance to provide their input is never the right play, no matter how strongly you believe in your scum read. I'm not sure why you used Sorcerer as a comparison considering your scum reads were me and pythag if I recall.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I back off Z/Mala not being a possibility, btw Xivii. I’m rereading all three in sections rn.

You’re correct though that Mala lays clear town paint on Z25. Z pushes Laser like his Rajam push.

At this point, I’m actually leaning more towards Z, and the points he’s supporting just sound good to me cause it’s what I wanted to hear.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Bad town behavior is indicative of traitor, homie. That’s an if factor to explain why you do the things you do, cause not much else explains it.
Bad Town is bad town, traitor is traitor.
They both play REALLY different.
If you think I’m the traitor, which is ludicrous, you can go reread the thread and pick the posts where you think I tried to call out main mafia’s attention because that’s how we won after exposing Poy in sorcerer.

Voting someone in what you believe to be lylo before you've reread and everyone has had a chance to provide their input is never the right play, no matter how strongly you believe in your scum read. I'm not sure why you used Sorcerer as a comparison considering your scum reads were me and pythag if I recall.
My scumreads were you and Py on D1 and after Poy flipped sorcerer I singled Raxx as the last scum for the rest of the entire game and I had to scream a lot for you all to listen.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I actually think Ex is right.
The fact everyone seems to be willing for a Laser instead of it being a 50/50 kinda should point out that he isn’t today’s play :upsidedown:
this is actually a good read. Same thing I felt with Rajam.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Before I do anything else though, I’m going to wholly reread the three slots and try to see what connections I can derive from the three.

So with that, I’m out until I can manage to wrap my head around this game state.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually think Ex is right.

this is actually a good read. Same thing I felt with Rajam.
No one was voting(iirc) or even sticking to one target. This has all been a debate, so Ex voting goes literally against their own logic and they don’t seem to be thinking about what’s actually going on. We me be discussing laser but no one is ready to end the phase.

So to say that’s bad and try to end the phase is just horrible behavior.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bad Town is bad town, traitor is traitor.
They both play REALLY different.
If you think I’m the traitor, which is ludicrous, you can go reread the thread and pick the posts where you think I tried to call out main mafia’s attention because that’s how we won after exposing Poy in sorcerer.

My scumreads were you and Py on D1 and after Poy flipped sorcerer I singled Raxx as the last scum for the rest of the entire game and I had to scream a lot for you all to listen.
Rax was literally such an obvious target that game as scum though.

I was their mate, I didn’t do a good at distancing and Poy literally couldn’t have made it any more obvious he knew Rax was scum.

That was people going against the east lynch. So why are you propelling the opposite here?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And traitor and bad town I would absolutely say play the same. Not at the start of a game but definitely at this phase because of traitor gets the mislynch here scum practically wins.

ExLight

Smash Lord
No one was voting(iirc) or even sticking to one target. This has all been a debate, so Ex voting goes literally against their own logic and they don’t seem to be thinking about what’s actually going on. We me be discussing laser but no one is ready to end the phase.

So to say that’s bad and try to end the phase is just horrible behavior.
what?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You said we shouldn’t just go with the easy target and pursue other options. Which is exactly what the discussion today has been weighing the different options, you were acting like we were ready to mug down someone for a flip when we really weren’t and not everyone is on the same target.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Quite a few player have been like “iT cAn Be EvErYoNe AnD LaSeR iS tHe CoMmOn FaCtOr”, if that’s not setting up a Laser lynch then I don’t know what is. I see no other directions this discussion can be going with that mentality, and if it’s -Lo then we have two more scum, not only one, and people seem to be ignoring that. Why not try to hit one of them instead of going for the one that is probably being scumread by scum in the phase they can possibly win?

And I’m not trying to end any phase, I’m trying to follow what I believe what I feel like it’s right after getting cucked with two mislynches I wasn’t fond of and if I have to be a douche about it then I’ll be a douche about it

And traitor and bad town I would absolutely say play the same. Not at the start of a game but definitely at this phase because of traitor gets the mislynch here scum practically wins.
hell no

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm reading, but I'm not seeing the posts where he switches to Chaco. Can you point them out?

Top Bottom