• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Lordy wins a billion times and makes everyone in West MI look like scrubs. A+ effort would be bodied again. In no way should I be considered above him any more. Too many losses this season. Big House should be fun, though.

Twitch043

Smash Rookie
Well I mean, Sol won a set against him at KZOO 9, knocking him into losers. Blake almost beat him later that night. And multiple people have beaten him up in GR, just not at KZOO events. So I would say it's possible.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Lordy's been getting better with every loss, and now he's playing with talent from other states like OH. He's by no means unbeatable, I beat him at KZOO 9 and knocked him out of bracket at Manor Smash III, but as his teammate in Doubles and longest running rival in Singles, I'd say that I have the best idea of where Lordy belongs in Michigan.

The reason I put the caveat in about 'Big House should be fun' is that since 3.0, I've had the strongest and most consistent MI showings elsewhere, placing 13th at UFGTX in Chicago, 9th at Shuffle, and 17th at CEO 2014, all of which had a lot of strong talent, and I defeated Pikachad this year, who placed 2nd at Big House 3 last year with a buffed up Mario.

Lordy, for his part, hasn't been to many big tournaments, but I fully expect him to have the skill to break top 16 at Big House this time around, but his previous appearances at Nationals/Regionals haven't been particularly stellar. I want to see him move past that block, because honestly Anther and LOE1 are good, but I haven't seen tournament matches between them and Lordy since he's gotten noticeably better, so I don't know if they're better. Personally I want to fight them all again, everyone I've lost to this season, because I'm feeling better than ever in my ability, so I can't imagine Lordy doesn't want to either.

I don't particularly know when this season ends, but I know Big House is gonna be the most important tournament for anyone wanting to prove their worth for the PR.

EDIT: Season ends just before Big House? That seems like such a lackluster ending to an explosive summer.

Last edited:

fZk

Smash Lord
I wasn't pr'ed and I beat lordy this season, that should tell you how much he blows. Or maybe that last season's list was a fraud....

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Thoughts:

West MI is significantly better than East MI right now (if you ignore Anther/LOE and refrain from considering myself or fzk either region).

1. Anther (losses to Ally and that's about it)
2. LOE (not sure what he has done this season)
3. Lordy (negative record vs LOE, Fizzle, 1der)

4. Super (Wins over myself, Benji, Blake)
5. fZk (Wins over myself, Super, Ginger, Zbet)
6. Blake (Wins over Super, fzk)
7. Benji (Wins over Lain, Super, Blake, 1der)(loss to Tetra)

8. Zbet? (Wins over myself and Super)
9. Ginger? (Wins over Super, KJH, ?)
10. Lain (Wins over Super, ?)(loss to Tetra)
11. Tetra

Possible HMs: L_Cancel, Angry, IC?, LMT, Nom

Just a hunch w/o looking at player v player records. Juan is insanely good, beating Super the last two sets, has a positive record vs most players, and many silvers). Super is very good and probably has the best overall record outside of the top 3. Blake places consistent top 3 and has many silvers. Benji is very good but has the spottiest record (I think).

I think 4-7 is very solid and very even. This last weekend should settle their placements. Lain could easily squeeze into this tier, lacks results currently, these next two tournaments should make his placement clear.

8-11 are good and I'm not really sure about their records. There could be other East MI players/tournaments/placements that I am unaware of.

Last edited:

fZk

Smash Lord
Thoughts:

West MI is significantly better than East MI right now (if you ignore Anther/LOE and refrain from considering myself or fzk either region).

1. Anther (losses to Ally and that's about it)
2. LOE (not sure what he has done this season)
3. Lordy (negative record vs LOE, Fizzle, 1der)

4. Super (Wins over myself, Benji, Blake)
5. fZk (Wins over myself, Super, Ginger, Zbet)
6. Blake (Wins over Super, fzk)
7. Benji (Wins over Lain, Super, Blake, 1der)(loss to Tetra)

8. Zbet? (Wins over myself and Super)
9. Ginger? (Wins over Super, KJH, ?)
10. Lain (Wins over Super, ?)(loss to Tetra)
11. Tetra

Possible HMs: L_Cancel, Angry, IC?, LMT, Nom

Just a hunch w/o looking at player v player records. Juan is insanely good, beating Super the last two sets, has a positive record vs most players, and many silvers). Super is very good and probably has the best overall record outside of the top 3. Blake places consistent top 3 and has many silvers. Benji is very good but has the spottiest record (I think).

I think 4-7 is very solid and very even. This last weekend should settle their placements. Lain could easily squeeze into this tier, lacks results currently, these next two tournaments should make his placement clear.

8-11 are good and I'm not really sure about their records. There could be other East MI players/tournaments/placements that I am unaware of.
I single handedly updated the tourney document. Each result thread is hyperlinked in the tittle. Will update some stuff for readability.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tiuqFh3YJDi_J3rGlMq1RPQ/htmlview#gid=0

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wow that looks great. JZ, 1der, and Ally do not live in MI (but their records are important). You are missing: http://smashboards.com/threads/dirty-dyt-monthlies-sept-13th-dayton-ohio.368321/ and don't forgot about Fall Circuit #2 today.

Shady's record is very good. Tetra and Nom have good results but relative lack of attendance reassures my opinion that they are outside of the top 7 (could be my bias but idc I'm not on the panel). Ranking 8-10 will come down to the wire. Looks like you guys have everything you need to make a good list. I hope you guys make more obvious mistakes so that I can continue to pursue my life goal of giving the PR panel ****.

Edit: Super has a win over PikaChad at CEO

Last edited:

zyth

Smash Lord
If you say west MI is better than east Mi, and then say ignoring our two best players ur not really proving much of a point

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It's more of to do with how poorly East MI seeds West MI players.

Edit: In other words, West MI has more high-level players than East MI. The exception is that East MI has random godlike outliers.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I undid basically any goodwill KZoo Circuit 2 got me at rootfest 13.

I am the most inconsistent player we have.

EDIT:
I single handedly updated the tourney document. Each result thread is hyperlinked in the tittle. Will update some stuff for readability.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tiuqFh3YJDi_J3rGlMq1RPQ/htmlview#gid=0
This is really great! You did an excellent job with all of the in-state tournaments. While they brought it up already, OoS tournaments are harder to gather when individual MI players travel.

UFGT:X
Wins I remember: TBird, Juggleguy
Losses: DLA. Laz

CEO
Wins I remember: Xaltisx2, Pikachad
Losses: DEHF, NickRiddle

Lordy ended up bodying most of OH recently, too. Took a set off Fizzle but lost two him twice in Grands.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Tetra and Nom have good results but relative lack of attendance reassures my opinion that they are outside of the top 7
If East MI would just host a freaking tournament every now and then...

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
hi, popping to here to say:

After my brief appearance in MI(13th in singles, forfeit---2nd in doubles w/ LOE 1), I would probably say that West MI has more skill depth than East MI, but East MI has the best players (LOE1, Anther, Ally when he's there).

But idk, I'm bad so my opinion is probably not all that high. This next part isn't super important, but I do think that the fact that Lordy is bothering to travel outside of MI to events is probably why he has the highest ceiling right now. I haven't gotten many opportunities to play him, but every time I see him after a gap, it feels like he's noticeably improved.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I vote to kick off every non-fzk panel member. You guys are garbage. It might be worth keeping Ori. however, because he is excellent at photoshop. Otherwise I will just make a new thread and make the jank ass image myself.

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
I vote to kick off every non-fzk panel member. You guys are garbage. It might be worth keeping Ori. however, because he is excellent at photoshop. Otherwise I will just make a new thread and make the jank *** image myself.
I'll throw my vote in for this. Take my spot.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Anther, fZk, and Lordy make sense.

No one else on that list does.

Guessed list for people curious:
1. Anther?
2. LOE1?
3. Lordy?
4. fZk
5. Solharath
6. Benji?
7. Blake?
8. Lain?

Did Zinoto attend enough tournaments? L_Cancel doesn't have a whole lot of winning matchups to be considered. Honestly the hardest thing about this list is how absolutely inconsistent I am. Every win is good but then every loss against literally everyone below me, but wins against Pikachad and people above me. I am the worst barometer for talent everywhere, I could easily be placed lower or higher.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Honestly this should be your new panel of 5 players imo. It's up to the players I mention whether or not they choose to accept.

1. Lordy
2. fZk
3. Anther
4. Nom
5. Super/Benji/SoulPech

Graphics: Ori, if he has free time to do them.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
If there is no interest, I'd like to join the MI PR. Even though I'm not a local I can still provide meaningful information, can debate, and can crunch numbers.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Loll, I'll join just so we can get the damn list out there. I'm already thinking about season 3 and how Benji is starting to look like a top 4 player.

Jason/Benji would be great for the panel, but I don't think either of them care. fZk has already shown to be doing work. SoulPech should be in because why the **** not. Super would be a good addition as I believe I have mentioned before. Angry is very bored and could be added (dat commentator status).

We just need someone from East MI who is active and can counter my obvious West MI bias. (I am guessing this is Nom) Anther/LOE1/Zinoto don't seem to care.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
We just need someone from East MI who is active and can counter my obvious West MI bias. (I am guessing this is Nom) Anther/LOE1/Zinoto don't seem to care.
I think if given the chance, LOE1 could potentially be on the panel.

If you need East MI representatives, I can be of assistance.

Samn

Smash Cadet
I suddenly decided I want to be power ranked.
Put me in coach.

Last edited:

fZk

Smash Lord
This **** is done

SEASON 2 RANKINGS

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. Lordy
4. Super
5. fZk
6. Benji
7. Blake
8. Shady
9. Lain
10. Nom

Let the ******** begin.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
This **** is done

SEASON 2 RANKINGS

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. Lordy
4. Super
5. fZk
6. Benji
7. Blake
8. Shady
9. Lain
10. Nom

Let the *****ing begin.

I agree with that list. I'm still waiting on lordy to accept my skype request (if i'm really on the PR, lol)

Top Bottom