• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

kd-

Smash Lord
hence the whole 'HotArmsing out of a tournament' thing.

Gonna play some Sheik, maybe some Fox, throw in a little rage and a little Marth, and top it all off with a little /retire.

Also, going back and forth with Sheik and Fox may have upped my frustration level x2, moreso than playing either of those two individually. My Sheik sucks and then I get bored and want to push buttons, so I go Fox and then nothing comes out right, so I go back to Sheik and still nothing comes out. Permanent smash commentator is my fate in smash, retirement is quickly imminent

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I mean, commentator + hype man isn't a bad role at all. Back in the day I figured out pretty quickly that I could serve a useful role by recording vids, then by hosting tourneys, so that's what I started doing.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Also, going back and forth with Sheik and Fox may have upped my frustration level x2, moreso than playing either of those two individually. My Sheik sucks and then I get bored and want to push buttons, so I go Fox and then nothing comes out right, so I go back to Sheik and still nothing comes out. Permanent smash commentator is my fate in smash, retirement is quickly imminent
This describes me for the last two years

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm currently inclined to believe I won't be able to make it.
Some people from the conference want to celebrate afterward, and my flight is really early the next morning. Sorry I'll have to miss out, if it makes you feel better, I'm far from being one of the best in Texas lol. Maybe Darkrain can rep us instead.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sounds good. I think part-time staff will mostly be doing stuff on the Saturday of the tourney. On the other hand, I'm expecting full-time staff to help out with some pre-tourney duties such as advertising on Smashboards and some post-tourney duties such as dropping people off at DTW. Just know that it will be a commitment, guys.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'll be at Room 1427 setting up tables and TVs with some of the Sapac helpers at 9:30. If people want to Smash, it should be good to go by 10pm

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hi guys, I know it's a ways off but I'm planning for IMPULSE and one of my possibilities is megabussing to Ann Arbor and riding with you guys. You guys are going to have a carpool right? Just wondering if there might be an open spot in a car.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm driving but I have no way of knowing who will be in my car until probably the week before, lol. Too many last minute planners in this state.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You should
Guarantee me a spot or something Snuggleguy <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I have no problem driving you, but I probably have to work the Monday after IMPULSE, which means I'm probably driving back late Sunday night after the tourney, and I also wouldn't be able to house you or anyone else for that night back in Michigan.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Could someone else house me then? I'm sure something could be worked out. I can pay a bit for housing if that's an issue for anyone.

kd-

Smash Lord
BLiu2Good, The Absolut. Broke-i (roki for those who don't understand :]) you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad ^_-; Although now when I say that it's not from one Fox main to another and I'm like 0-2 against you in tournament.

And yeah, lots of pools missing but pools are like, 1/2 of a bracket win

rokimomi

Smash Lord
its still all relative to how good they were back then, so in comparison you have to beat people as good as they were back then to get on his lvl (you cant beat mango in 7th grade and have his current elo affect you now)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, SSBPD.com is a really good resource. I've been uploading tio files there for the past few weeks, so that's how everyone in MI is on the list. I think we're gonna scrap the Melee PR and just copy and paste what the ELO rankings are, because they're pretty accurate.

kd-

Smash Lord
Current Top 10 would be:
1. Moose [Falco] - 1623
2. Duck [Samus] - 1606
3. Shady [Falco] - 1535
4. Shaeden [Falco] - 1524
5. Dope [Falco] - 1495
6. Mikey Lenetia [Peach] - 1493
7. Abu [Jigglypuff] - 1484
8. Velynn [Jigglypuff] - 1437
9. Juggleguy [Captain Falcon] - 1433
10. HIV+ [Falco] - 1426
HM. SlayerTokey [Captain Falcon] - 1415
HM. Lain [Marth] - 1375
HM. SCOTU [Unknown character/Fox] - 1354
HM. 1der [Unknown character/Fox] - 1338
HM. Anther [Unknown character/Pikachu] - 1326

inb4 abusays'Michigan is free'

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I'm actually gonna ask in the thread for them to have some sort of [messing with the formula] notice for TO's, cuz I was checking it like last night and the numbers were waaaaaaaay off from what they are now

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, that looks right. Except replace Abu with Kzhu at #7, since Abu doesn't qualify for our PR anymore and Kzhu hasn't been tagged by SSBPD as an MI player. Also, most of Dope's ELO comes from ancient victories, so we'd have to bump him down a bit until he proves he's back in top shape.

My only regret is not being able to upload GSS onto the website, since we did the hybrid format which isn't compatible with how they calculate the ELO rankings. There were some big matches played there, like Velynn beating Teczero and Taki ripping through Moose and Shaeden.

Top Bottom