• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Soloist

Smash Ace
His place is a little less than four miles west of Logan's. If you would like to do the honors, I...wouldn't object.

:secretkpop:

But it's obviously not a big deal for me to do it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I can get Chris. Also, just got confirmation from Duck that he can play on Saturday. So if Dre doesn't go, I'll stop by WB and pick him up myself. Others in the area (Kzhu, Butch G, etc.) are welcome to join in as well.

kd-

Smash Lord
Can't make it, I have a hockey game tonight. Saturday is in West Bloomfield? I might be able to make that.

Also, why don't you like the tag 'Juggleguy'? It's unique and not lame, like Guile and unlike Solo/Soloist/C.Viper

Soloist

Smash Ace
Can't make it, I have a hockey game tonight. Saturday is in West Bloomfield? I might be able to make that.

Also, why don't you like the tag 'Juggleguy'? It's unique and not lame, like Guile and unlike Solo/Soloist/C.Viper
I will nurgle your face off. And no, on Saturday we'll be playing in Troy.

Anyways, so about the Slayerfest on Saturday:

Confirmed: Slayer, Love, Xan, Solo, Juggleguy, Duck, Aceplayer?

Tentative: RyeJew, Hellsing, Soul, Warlock Don

What about Kalamazhu? And Dre?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Smashfest is on for 7pm. I'll probably be at the Fishbowl at around 6:30 so let me know if anyone wants to play some early games

:phone:

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
I will nurgle your face off. And no, on Saturday we'll be playing in Troy.

Anyways, so about the Slayerfest on Saturday:

Confirmed: Slayer, Love, Xan, Solo, Juggleguy, Duck, Aceplayer?

Tentative: RyeJew, Hellsing, Soul, Warlock Don

What about Kalamazhu? And Dre?
I'm a maybe

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nevermind, I'm not gonna pick up anyone from WB :088: didn't realize Duck was back in AA until today, so we will be driving out from here along with ThuGz.

THuGz

Smash Lord
The Date: 5/17/2012, approximately 9:00 pm
Who: Juggleguy and THuGz
Where: Mason Hall, room 2475
What: My ultimate plan for Rob's embarassment

It started out like any other melee-fest. We'd played a few games with a few of our warm-up characters, trading games, Rob winning the majority. Rob decided to go serious mode. He switched to falcon. He'd taken the bait. I switched to samus. "Do you want to get 4-stocked?" he mused. I smiled, knowing what was to come next game.

Rob, having wrecked my awful samus, began to feel confident. His trademarked "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" rang through the halls as he repeatedly combo'd the metaknight of melee. Phase 1 complete.

My hand twitched as I moved the cursor over Captain Falcon. I pressed A and smiled. Once again, Rob taunted, "Do you really want to get 4-stocked or something?" Little did he know, his fate had already been written. I walked around the stage, years of sandbagging proving useful, as he didn't suspect a thing. I pretended like I could not achieve the simplest of combo's; any noob would have said, "man, what a noob." Yet this was only a testament to my mastering of deception. Rob cooly and confidently combo'd me. Stock count: THuGz 2, Juggleguy 4. Phase 2 complete.

I leapt into action. Gracefully, I 0-death combo'd Rob multiple times, evening the stock count. Rob was awestruck as I flawlessly executed the most technical of combo's, l-cancelling FLAWLESSLY, at least twice. Rob began to feel the pressure. The room became frigid, our minds furiously channeling all of the heat energy in the room into intense Smash-Chi. Alas, Rob took the death before me. Stock count: THuGz 2, Juggleguy 1.

Rob, ever the slightest bit worried, proclaimed "alright, I'm bringin' it back." But the pressure proved to be too much. He leapt off the stage in a fear-induced insanity, never to return...

THuGz had just beaten Juggleguy in a falcon ditto.

PS: It was on Juggleguy-Stadium.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
So... much... inaccuracy :c

Replace everything after "Phase 2" with "Juggleguy proceeded to suicide twice and basically throw the game to ThuGz"

Also, you lost the set. Or you were too afraid to play it out and switched characters, I can't remember.

Doser

Smash Ace

Replace everything after "Phase 2" with "Juggleguy proceeded to suicide twice and basically throw the game to ThuGz"

Also, you lost the set. Or you were too afraid to play it out and switched characters, I can't remember.
ThuGz also failed to mention that I had just 3.5-stocked his Luigi. How do you 3.5-stock someone, you ask? Well, it happens when you're up four stocks to one, then they abruptly rage quit because they're getting ripT :denzel:
The Moderator doth protest too much, methinks

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
ThuGz also failed to mention that I had just 3.5-stocked his Luigi. How do you 3.5-stock someone, you ask? Well, it happens when you're up four stocks to one, then they abruptly rage quit because they're getting ripT :denzel:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Johns. You lost to Thugz. Don't take it away from him, it doesn't happen very often.

I fail to see how you beating Thugz while he's smoking is impressive.

Top Bottom