• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lol I just wanna be on the player list xD

EDIT: And beat Duck (one day Julian....one day)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
So like I just was looking around this. And On the OOS wind and loses I see it says I lost to HIV?? Weve only played once at hope 3 and I won 2-0
You have it recorded. Lol

Also although recently I have lost to Abu and slayer. I've also 2-0d both of them at who's got salt. But my names not in thier losses I'm pretty sure I'm the most embarrassing player to ever lose to.

That being said. Looking at mooses made me smile:)

:phone:

Kail

Smash Lord
this pr is really quite stupid, i dont see how shaden deserves to be so high no offense, he hasnt really won any matches during the ranking period to place so high
Shaeden has a very good record against everyone in the Top 10.
also kzhu took out dart shady, moose, shaeden, yet hes 8th?
Also, Kail has beaten Velynn, Shaeden, Duck, and Cosmo. yet he is tenth! You know why I'm not higher? Cause I have loses to people who aren't up there.

Kzhu beat shady 1 time in 7 sets. Still doesn't take away from him losing 6 times.
Same with Dart. We don't look at who people have beaten once. We look at the over all records they've had with each other.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Hmmm, I think Shaeden actually has a career winning record vs everyone in the top ten, and even some of the inactive legends like Anther and Dope. Shaeden's ****ing good, if he played at every tourney I have no doubt he'd be top 2-3, and I know others feel the same way.

Kzhu has a losing record vs everyone in the previous top seven and a losing record vs everyone in the current top seven (except Mikey, who he's never played). Plus multiple losses to 1der and SCOTU as recent as this August. Not much else to say here.

The big debate this time was over spots 1-4, which are really damn close. Funny how The Big House was supposed to create some separation there, but ended up making things even closer. I'll copy/paste my own thoughts on it during our PR discussion this past week:

Velynn: best career OoS resume and is the only MI player to beat Kels -- but is 1-4 in his last five sets vs Shady, and didn't play Duck or Moose in this ranking period so we don't know what would happen
Duck:
great, consistent OoS performance (beat Weon-X, SFAT, Dart) and usually places high in locals -- but still has a career losing record head-to-head vs all of the current top six, and also vs Kail
Shady: he has won 3 of the past 5 locals (1st at UMT4, BAMF4, HMR) -- but usually does bad when OoS people are in town (7th at UMT5, 33rd at Big House) and messes around with secondaries (Fox, Falco) too much
Moose: good head-to-head records vs Duck and Shady in this ranking period and good OoS performance (beat Idea, ORLY, Rat) -- has a couple questionable losses (Abu, Kzhu) but nothing majorly embarrassing

The logic was that, Velynn's previous ranking influence carried over and his win vs Kels helped tremendously, while his lack of playing time vs Moose and Duck neither helped nor hurt him. Duck's solid OoS performance trumped his losses vs in-state players, most of which were not very recent. Shady's three tourney wins and head-to-head vs Velynn helped a lot, while we considered his poor performances with a grain of salt due to his questionable usage of Fox and Falco. Moose has arguably the fewest flaws/weaknesses from this current ranking period, but he also can't make as strong of a case for #1 that the other three can.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
ok i dont deny that shaeden is/was a good player but who exactly has he beaten since coming off the inactive list to be placed so high?

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
and im not sayin kzhu should be in the top 4 but i think he should be #5 or at least higher than #8

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Kzhu isn't better than Mikey - that has yet to be proven. Single wins in the period don't undo a history of losses to said player.

Have you played shaeden? It is very apparent he is one of the best in michigan - no matter who he has beaten in this period. Your argument would make sense if he was higher on the list, but everyone below him very obviously should be there (if you have played shaeden recently, or watched his sets, or anything).

Kzhu isn't better than Mikey or shaeden. The only argument is maybe juggleguy.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Remember that time when Shaeden made KirbyKaze **** his pants?

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Kzhu isn't better than Mikey - that has yet to be proven. Single wins in the period don't undo a history of losses to said player.

Have you played shaeden? It is very apparent he is one of the best in michigan - no matter who he has beaten in this period. Your argument would make sense if he was higher on the list, but everyone below him very obviously should be there (if you have played shaeden recently, or watched his sets, or anything).

Kzhu isn't better than Mikey or shaeden. The only argument is maybe juggleguy.
mikeys only beaten duck, every1 else mikeys beaten kzhu has too

kzhu also beat moose, who mikey didnt, shady once, and mikey didnt beat shady ever, and kzhu beat dart too which is a good win

also kzhu beat shaeden

the only way u can objectively say mikey is better than kzhu is if u count his win vs like axe from a really long time ago which you obviously shouldnt

Oro?!

Smash Hero
You should just make Kzhu and Abu #1 and #2 and then every time they don't win a tournament, give them ****. Ask Kels how it feels to get trolled after doing bad.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
dont be hatin on my fox rob my falco is trash but ive beaten velynn and kzhu with fox before

and kzhu should definately be at least 5th if not 4th its close between him and moose

i completely forgot about shaeden 4-6 is too hard to figure out but kzhu definately needs more love

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
its all good i know theres bias against me. PR doesnt really mean anything anyways.
its just that to the ppl judging the PR they should count recent wins and losses at a greater weight than ones that were a while ago.

P.S. i feel like the matchup count is quite off... i definately havent lost to shady in 6 sets...
2 at most

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
u guys shud look at ur data again a lot of it is defintiely not true ive only played duck twice and not 4 times for example

Kail

Smash Lord
Honestly, I got my DoTA2 Key. I probably won't be attending anything for a long time so feel free to take it if you can.

Also, Who are you?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Looks like everyone else in Ann Arbor is either busy or has gone back home already.

I'll still be going to the Smashfest tonight though, can't wait to play everyone, especially Logan's Fox :troll:

Top Bottom