• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch 1.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashurn

Smash Rookie
NNID
HexDarkWolf360
3DS FC
1075-1404-4255
soooo,..fair comes out earlier, reaches better, while Dair can hit connect for slightly longer, uair is now a kill move, and bair hits better now?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
If run speed is increased, that means perfect pivot distance is increased?
Theoretically it should. It might have something to do with traction though.

@Browny

Fair-
Shieldstun- 9.42
Hitbox Active-6
Landing Lag- 14
Frames on shield- +2

It seems that it might be. Dtilt becomes active frame 6, so I might be doing this wrong, but if the opponent suffers 9 frames of shieldstun, and 7 frames of shielddrop, then the combo is -4. So, nope... Sorry.

However, it is ridiculously safe. Not even a grab could break that.

Frame trap to SB? Fair-SB frame trap possibly?​

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I'm finding that Uair is generally more useful now. DJUair-Fair is definitely RIP, but Uair being a legit kill threat is better I think.

Uair also tumbles Luma now, which makes a big difference. That MU just got quite a bit easier. Maybe we actually win it now?

Edit: Just killed Cloud at 72 with Uair. Rage makes this move a monster.

Last edited:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright so i was kind of sad because of the buffs looking like a nerf but after playing for a few... I'm glad to say that I'm pretty happy with the changes so far. He feels a lot faster and damn upair is ****ing good it even kills and its so satisfying. I have no doubt in my mind there will be better combos that we will come up with as a community very soon, so before letting the changes shape your perspective of our main play around for a while and I'm sure you'll remember why we love this character.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
All of his aerials now have decreased lag when landing. N Air being the most. That's why its easier to combo from doing air game to ground game with less frame lag. Yes Mewtwo is indeed faster. As far as pivot grab (Someone should confirm) but it might increase his grab game.

Mewtwo was nicely "Touched up" instead of having weight thrown on him calling it a day. I love the changes. King K. Rool was deconfirmed today so Mewtwo will stay my main in Smash 4.

I have been doing well Tourney wise (Usually top 5 in Nor Cal tourneys) but now everything is going to be easier.

Mewtwo has been buffed in quite some areas.

Someone should check his (Confusion) difference for I haven't found anything yet despite the patch.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Nair is super good for gimping now like it always was but now its reallyyy good specially against the spacies it also might lead to linking a smash attack in there working sort of like Marth's sideb1 frame traps in Brawl

Last edited:

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
I'm finding that Uair is generally more useful now. DJUair-Fair is definitely RIP, but Uair being a legit kill threat is better I think.

Uair also tumbles Luma now, which makes a big difference. That MU just got quite a bit easier. Maybe we actually win it now?
Nope, that combo still exists :) the %'s have all just lowered now.

Nair, fast fall (so they drop out), Dtilt, double jump, Up air, Fair.
10 hit combo (in counter) 36%
Works. :p
Put Mario at 25%, it's hard to do, but it even counts in the combo counter, is a 10 hit combo and does a total of 36%.
You have to DJ straight away.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
This is all exciting stuff. Can't wait to see the final list of changes and try him out tomorrow when I can finally download the patch. Looks like it was huge for Mewtwo.

Also, I wouldn't fret too much about what works still and what doesn't. Mewtwo was definitely buffed overall. Use this as an opportunity to find new combos and strings. Let's get working on that metagame and let's make characters fear us on the top. No more complaining and asking for buffs. Let's do it.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Does his shadowball (fc) seem bigger than it used to be or is it just me? I swear something is different about it. Also he slides further now with his JC running U-Smash ^_^

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Does his shadowball (fc) seem bigger than it used to be or is it just me? I swear something is different about it. Also he slides further now with his JC running U-Smash ^_^
I've noticed a lot of visuals that seem a touch different. I'm honestly not sure if they are, but they seem to be.

Also, are we certain about his running speed changes? I was thinking he was a lot faster, but i figured it was a placebo. Do we have confirmation on this yet?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Nope, that combo still exists :) the %'s have all just lowered now.

Nair, fast fall (so they drop out), Dtilt, double jump, Up air, Fair.
10 hit combo (in counter) 36%
Works. :p
Put Mario at 25%, it's hard to do, but it even counts in the combo counter, is a 10 hit combo and does a total of 36%.
You have to DJ straight away.

Yea but before that combo existed around 50-110% (had to change the hitbox you landed of the U-Air) and even killed. Now its like 30-50% and doesn't come close to killing.

Also that combo you listed you can probably get a falling N-Air into U-Smash or something better, I remember I listed something like that on a thread like 5 months ago.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Landing lag changes for Mewtwo's aerials from the patch notes thread:

N-air: Landing lag reduced, from 16 -> 13.
F-air: Landing lag reduced, from 18 -> 14.
B-air: Landing lag reduced, from 21 -> 17.
D-air: Landing lag reduced, from 22 -> 18.
U-air: Landing lag reduced, from 16 -> 13.

Looks like everything got less landing lag. Not sure about the accuracy of the exact numbers, but this seems like it makes sense.

If these are the final numbers, then Mewtwo has some very generous landing lag on his aerials now.

Last edited:

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Yea but before that combo existed around 50-110% (had to change the hitbox you landed of the U-Air) and even killed. Now its like 30-50% and doesn't come close to killing.

Also that combo you listed you can probably get a falling N-Air into U-Smash or something better, I remember I listed something like that on a thread like 5 months ago.
Why would I do an up smash at those low %'s, damage is better. And I think this change is a lot better, mewtwo already has no problem killing and now he has a 36% damage combo.
I think that's better.

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
I believe the shadow ball and dash attack may have different visuals. Can someone confirm this?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Landing lag changes for Mewtwo's aerials from the patch notes thread:

N-air: Landing lag reduced, from 16 -> 13.
F-air: Landing lag reduced, from 18 -> 14.
B-air: Landing lag reduced, from 21 -> 17.
D-air: Landing lag reduced, from 22 -> 18.
U-air: Landing lag reduced, from 16 -> 13.

Looks like everything got less landing lag. Not sure about the accuracy of the exact numbers, but this seems like it makes sense.

If these are the final numbers, then Mewtwo has some very generous landing lag on his aerials now.
If this stuff is legit this maybe huge for mewtwo. His landing lag was a pretty big issue for him. To go with a better fair I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the new mewtwo.

godogod

Smash Ace
Some are saying Mewtwo got a weight change
This is all exciting stuff. Can't wait to see the final list of changes and try him out tomorrow when I can finally download the patch. Looks like it was huge for Mewtwo.

Also, I wouldn't fret too much about what works still and what doesn't. Mewtwo was definitely buffed overall. Use this as an opportunity to find new combos and strings. Let's get working on that metagame and let's make characters fear us on the top. No more complaining and asking for buffs. Let's do it.
F* that. If he can get a speed change, we can continue ask for the weight change he deserves. He just needs his melee weight back at least. They need to fix his grab and teleport sding too.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Omfg!!!## i just combo'd 4 fairs together starting at 10 percent!!! Training mode no di on Falcon omfg!!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo's a glass cannon alright. Good to see our patience has paid off.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Has anyone found something out about his d-throw?
I see the knockback angle changed, has this particular move gotten any bette? worse?

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Sorry that i didn't update this thread earlier, was 2 am here in Sweden when the patch was released so i went to sleep almost immediately. I have updated the OP now with the new changes!

Aside from what has already been mentioned in the official patch notes i can confirm what some have mentioned in the thread that Shadowball recoil is reduced significantly, Dashattack has a new animation, Shadowball is indeed slightly larger than before, Mewtwo's Dashspeed is increased alot and his JC Usmash now slides much further because of this!

Anyway, though im slightly upset that we lost our old awesome Uair combos at higher percents and that Dthrow still doesn't seem to combo into anything despite the angle change, i think these are overall very good changes and a buff for Mewtwo so im pretty happy with what we got!

Im gonna start labbing alot today and see what new combos we have got from the new landing lag changes and knockback on Uair etc!

Last edited:

Lashurn

Smash Rookie
NNID
HexDarkWolf360
3DS FC
1075-1404-4255
Well it seems that theres now a strict gap in percent where dthrow to fair is almost garanteed for one use, perhaps two times. (used training mode, this varies with rage of course)

assuming your at low to no %, at around 120% (used charizard for this) its almost garenteed for at least two throws to fair. so for mediume weights, that would possibly be...90-100%? this is of course if no/bad DI is involved, and if your lightening quick to jump and fair almost imidiatly.

i was just screwing around in training before i went to sleep, feel free to exparament with this while im dreaming of some Kamui action in ssb ; D ;

edit: i also saw that dthrow to fastfall nair may be a slight more reliable at very low %, though only the ending hits connected. perhaps in mid % game this becomes another % based combo.

either way im staying up too long again thANKS TO THIS GAME, CRAP

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'd still like to see proof of the dash speed change before it's recorded as a change. Nobody really came up with any GIF or video evidence of it yet.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I'd still like to see proof of the dash speed change before it's recorded as a change. Nobody really came up with any GIF or video evidence of it yet.
It's really easy to test if you've got a 3DS pre patch or you can you check Kuroganehammer for his previous run speed and compare it to the characters around him from before and note that he outspeeds them now when compared side by side.

edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes-discussion.425922/page-6#post-20604385

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Mewtwo is feeling really good! I guess I'm used to his hitboxes so they don't bother me much. If this is the final Mewtwo I'm good. I hope everyone hoping for buffs in February arnt relying on it to decide if he is main material. Could be a wasted 2 months.

Sonicninja115

Omfg!!!## i just combo'd 4 fairs together starting at 10 percent!!! Training mode no di on Falcon omfg!!!!
Can you post this in the combo thread? All combos should go there and I want to give people the credit. GanonPawnch GanonPawnch Chiroz Chiroz

has anyone tried PP utilt?
currently unable to test it right now
It probably won't work, but I will test dthrow in more detail later.

Also, if JC usmash goes farther, then so does PP!

If you FF during Nair, then the opponent will fall out. With the decreased LL, it is possible that it might even true combo.

How much was DA changed? Only animation or was there an FAF change?

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo feels more like what he was supposed to be which is great. He still needs some work but he's on his way to becoming a better character.

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo feels more like what he was supposed to be which is great. He still needs some work but he's on his way to becoming a better character.
This is pretty much it for buffs. It's now up to the labbers and pros to make Mewtwo.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much it for buffs. It's now up to the labbers and pros to make Mewtwo.
Well there's always February but I see what you mean. I'm just glad they actually paid attention to him.

Last edited:

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
I saw some mentions of FF Nair to up smash, and yeah. That's real, it's just a tad tricky. It's a true combo, you just need the right hitbox of nair. I think if you fast fall and just hit them with the first hitbox, they'll be popped up above you consistently, where it will true combo into Up smash every time. Can't say I'm positive on the nuances, but I can say I'm positive it exists.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I saw some mentions of FF Nair to up smash, and yeah. That's real, it's just a tad tricky. It's a true combo, you just need the right hitbox of nair. I think if you fast fall and just hit them with the first hitbox, they'll be popped up above you consistently, where it will true combo into Up smash every time. Can't say I'm positive on the nuances, but I can say I'm positive it exists.
I got that to work as well and it combos into other stuff like Utilt, Fair and a second Nair too.
The nice thing about ff Nair > Usmash is that this true combos all the way from 0% to 999% so if we can figure out a reliable way to get the hit that pops the opponent up then it's a awesome KO confirm.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Can you post this in the combo thread? All combos should go there and I want to give people the credit. GanonPawnch GanonPawnch Chiroz Chiroz

It probably won't work, but I will test dthrow in more detail later.

Also, if JC usmash goes farther, then so does PP!

If you FF during Nair, then the opponent will fall out. With the decreased LL, it is possible that it might even true combo.

How much was DA changed? Only animation or was there an FAF change?

Yes I know but around 70% if you DJC an U-Air and then FF an N-Air the opponent would fall out and fall straight onto your head while still in lag it would true combo into an U-Smash if your opponent was a fast faller like Sheik/Falcon/Fox.

I am pretty sure I told this combo to a guy who was making some compilation thread 5 months ago.

For all of you testing D-Throw: It does not combo. Into anything. The only thing you need to test is Mewtwo's fastest attack (D-Tilt ot Jab). No combo counter on training means your opponent would have been able to jump/tech/shield/attack before your attack landed.

Obviously sometimes attacking or jumping isn't fast enough, but your opponent can Jump + Air Dodge or FF + Shield depending on his fall speed and %.

It still has it's tech-chase/reaction bait punish potential but D-Throw is relatively the same to be honest.

As I said the most exciting thing in the fact that FF N-Air can now true combo into ****. Remember N-Air link hits is set knockback so it can combo at all %s until 999%. It's just a matter of finding the correct combos now.

FF N-Air->D-Tilt can be repeated on fast fallers until 50% as a true combo and it can start from a Jab (if your opponent doesn't FF into Shield), an U-Tilt, a D-Tilt or an N-Air. We should be looking for combow like this and also for ways to finish off the stock.

FF N-Air into dash grab is most probably a true combo now (since it's only about 3 frames slower than D-Tilt) which would make N-Air a kill move now.

Edit: FF N-Air into U-Smash has always worked since Mewtwo released. I talked about it in other threads 5 months ago >.>.

For those who want to learn it. If your opponent is on the ground, activate the N-Air as late as you can, you want to hit the opponent with only 1 hit. If it does only 1% then you got it right. The other way to do it on a grounded opponent is to start it as you normally would and then Fast Fall it once you see the N-Air "stars" hit on the opposite side of the opponent.

For aerial opponents just make sure you are high enough and not moving laterally when you fast fall and activate fast fall around the midway point of the attack.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Also no one get excited yet but we might have a 0-Death on fast fallers. Pre Patch I had a 0-50% which was very unreliable, a 50-80% which was very reliable and a 80-Death which was relatively reliable.

They ALL used N-Air which was the "unreliable" part. Since N-Air is now reliable to true combo (so much that I was able to do the 0-50% combo like 3 times in a row against my friends Sheik) then the 0-Death might exist but since U-Air got changed it might not work. I need to test it :).

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm so hyped about the mobility buff :)

Let's lock 'n load boys, Mewtwo is finally good, dare I say tourney viable ;)

:150:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom