• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch 1.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Mewtwo Patch 1.1.3 Changes

Saw that there's talk about this in many threads so it might be good to have discussion regarding Mewtwos changes go here.

Confirmed changes:

F-Smash
Hitbox 0 (non-sweetspot) damage 15.0 -> 16.0
Hitbox 0 size 2.0 -> 3.0

Fair
Hits on frame 7 -> 6
Hitbox moved 1 unit forward
Landing lag reduced, from 18 -> 16.

Nair
Landing Lag reduced 16 -> 13

Bair
Hitbox 0 moved to a different bone, position adjusted, size 5.1 -> 5.5
Landing lag reduced, from 21 -> 17.

Uair
Hitbox 1 damage 9.0 -> 10.0
Hitbox 2 damage 7.5 -> 9.0
All hitboxes KBG 100 -> 97
All hitboxes BKB 0 -> 40
Hitbox 0 size 4.7 -> 5.0
Hitbox 1 size 3.9 -> 4.5
Hitbox 2 size 3.1 -> 4.0
Landing lag reduced, from 16 -> 13.

Dair
Hitboxes moved down one unit
Hitbox duration 2 -> 4 frames
Landing lag reduced, from 22 -> 18.

Confusion
Unknown Grab Box parameters increased (Grabs a bigger distance horizontally? Need confirmation on this)

D-Throw
Angle 69 -> 74

Shadowball
Shadowball recoil heavily reduced, now sends Mewtwo flying less than half the distance it was before.
Size increased slightly

Usmash
Jumpcancelled Usmash now slides almost twice as long as before

Dashattack
Animation changed

Walkspeed increased

Dashspeed increased

From 21st to 12th?

Discuss anything surrounding the new changes! i will update OP as needed.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
This is probably the best we're gonna get in terms of buffs guys.

No more complaining and begging for buffs. This is the "optimal" mewtwo now.

Now let's put in some work.

:150:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo seems to have gotten buffs over all.

F-Smash is bigger and does more damage. B-Air seems to aim wider. I will refrain from commenting on U-Air as I am not familiar with that language. Confusion on the ground may be a lot more viable and D-Throw has a higher angle, which may mean it can be a combo throw at low percents. Very nice!!!

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Shadow ball has less recoil, its very noticable (Mixed feelings on this)

Up air seems to be able kill now as well, had like no KB pre patch

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Bair and Fair aren't perfect but they're definitely more reliable.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Uair can be a kill combo out of Dtilt.

confusion might have more horizontal hitbox, not vertical.

Dthrow-Fair might be a true combo with rage. I need to test it more, but it was working at 50% with 80% rage every time on a level 7.

I need to see the whole patch notes before doing Dair.

Uair doesn't combo into Usmash at kill percents but it does have other combos. Metalex is looking into those.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I've tried multiple percentages against various characters and I cannot get D-throw to combo into Fair at any point. Who have you guys managed to get this registered as a true combo on and what percentages?

Sonicninja115

I've tried multiple percentages against various characters and I cannot get D-throw to combo into Fair at any point. Who have you guys managed to get this registered as a true combo on and what percentages?
rage. you have to do it in an actual battle, thus, I cannot tell if it is a REALLY true combo or not. The level 7 CPU couldn't avoid it no matter how many times I did it. (10-15).

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
I have found that down throw to dair can work when you're at the edge facing offstage. I did this on FG so I really don't know if this is reliable in such a situation. I also was able to consistently dthrow to fair on a Ryu and Lucina on FG as well.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
rage. you have to do it in an actual battle, thus, I cannot tell if it is a REALLY true combo or not. The level 7 CPU couldn't avoid it no matter how many times I did it. (10-15).
For things like this try training mode. Training mode works realibly on everything that isn't a multi-hit or a command grab. If you see the combo counter go up then it's a true combo in terms of hitstun (it might still be DIable, but it won't be air dodgeable or counterable in any way).

Let me know how it goes.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I've heard rumors that forward air has less landing lag now. Any confirmation?

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I was hyped when I saw the patch notes, but so far I'm disappointed.

The egregious missing hitboxes on Bair and Uair are still there. Can't see a difference on Fair either, but if it is faster then that's good.

Dthrow angle change is interesting but scares me a little. It's still laggy and doesn't seem to be much different. I swear, if we lost Dthrow-Dtilt and didn't get any followups...

Haven't seen whether you can still be punished on hit for landing Uair. If you can't then that's great, but I'm scared that the KB change will mess with Fair-FFUair and DJUair-Fair. Could be a nerf overall if we find out we lost a kill confirm.

Confusion's still bad. Don't know what changed.

Haven't noticed anything else so far.

Like seriously though, why mess with hitboxes if you're still not going to match them to the animation? So frustrating.

Sonicninja115

I was hyped when I saw the patch notes, but so far I'm disappointed.

The egregious missing hitboxes on Bair and Uair are still there. Can't see a difference on Fair either, but if it is faster then that's good.

Dthrow angle change is interesting but scares me a little. It's still laggy and doesn't seem to be much different. I swear, if we lost Dthrow-Dtilt and didn't get any followups...

Haven't seen whether you can still be punished on hit for landing Uair. If you can't then that's great, but I'm scared that the KB change will mess with Fair-FFUair and DJUair-Fair. Could be a nerf overall if we find out we lost a kill confirm.

Confusion's still bad. Don't know what changed.

Haven't noticed anything else so far.

Like seriously though, why mess with hitboxes if you're still not going to match them to the animation? So frustrating.
Ff uair to Usmash is gone, as well as Uair-Fair.

Fair-FF uair should launch the opponent out of follow-up range.

Dthrow still sucks, except it is apparently worse now. Chiroz Chiroz , Training mode doesn't have rage. Thus, it has to be done in a real match.

Someone give me good info please?!? I am starting to hate playing Mewtwo, he just feels wrong, and some linking combos no longer work because of Uair... There better be some AMAZING combos out of the new Uair...

TheRealSkid TheRealSkid Dtilt-Dair and Fair are true combos.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I'll give you some good info. Mewtwo's fair according to Yikarur (and I think it's visually obvious as well), received 4 frames less landing lag going from 18 to 14, making the move +2 on shield drop (which is incredible btw). With the move coming out faster and having larger range horizontally (again, amazing), Mewtwo can apply much more pressure than before, and due to this, fair combos from falling earlier are much much easier to start because you commit a lot less.

Forcing the opponent into the air now actually means something with uair's very potent kill power. What we lost in some combos, we gained in safer pressure and easier kill confirms off air dodge reads, something that Mewtwo sorely lacked before.

Sonicninja115

Fair is nice, I actually noticed the decreased LL, but attributed it to patch hype.

Uair had better kill confirms before, Uair-Usmash, Uair-Fair, Dtilt-DJ Uair-Fair. As well as combos with the Fair- FF Uair frame trap combo among others.

Has Bthrow always done 10%? I thought it did 12%...

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
after playing him a few matches and noticing something felt strange about him i retested his dash speed against this list

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/DashSpeed

i rolled to the edge of battlefield and went into 1/4 speed and pressed L every frame as I ran forward. I reached the end of the stage after 44 pauses. I checked vs DK who is supposed to be a higher speed than him, and ran off in 47 pauses. I kept moving up until I got to Bowser, who also ran off in 44 pauses. I feel confident in saying his run speed was increased from #21 to #15.

Please someone double check my findings

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
This is probably the best we're gonna get in terms of buffs guys.

No more complaining and begging for buffs. This is the "optimal" mewtwo now.

Now let's put in some work.

:150:
There's still the possibility of Feb. Gotta beg for the rest of the hitbox animations matching up, weight change, shadowball to have a hitbox...

Did they fix the sding with teleporting and mewtwo's grab being more reliable on short characters? I'm guessing they didn't. Downloading patch now.

Fair is nice, I actually noticed the decreased LL, but attributed it to patch hype.

Uair had better kill confirms before, Uair-Usmash, Uair-Fair, Dtilt-DJ Uair-Fair. As well as combos with the Fair- FF Uair frame trap combo among others.

Has Bthrow always done 10%? I thought it did 12%...
I don't remember doing that much. Smash wiki says 10%. I feel confident it has always been 10% myself.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ummm so I just got home and tested the things I wanted to test. Keep in mind that this was a 15 minuted test but:

Mewtwo's D-Throw is basically the same, in fact it's a bit nerfed, but overall the same in low %s. Probably won't be as good for tech-chases/punishes at late %s.

Recoil is gone, both a buff and a nerf. Need more playing around with.

Up-Air's combo potential was changed. Old combos don't seem to work but there are now new combos out of it. The move feels really satifying to hit with though.

F-Air feels weaker somehow. I have no idea what it is but it just feels weaker to me.

Confusion I couldn't really feel the range increase, I don't know if it's real or not.

Here's the big one though. The really really huge change. N-Air now actually true combos into ****. I am not talking about giving you a frame advantage where your opponent doesn't have a move faster than X frames. I am talking about the fact that it TRUE combos into D-Tilt.

I just literally did 50%+ on a friend who was playing as Sheik and trying to DI, shield, jump, neutral air and jab by just D-Tilting -> N-Air over and over again and the combo counter just kept going up and up.

This means a **** ton for Mewtwo.

godogod

Smash Ace
Testing him right now..

Holy ****.. Yeah shadowball's recoil got reduced drastically. It was half of final destination in mid air, and now it looks like it covers half that distance. Truth be told, I've wanted this for a long time. It will help him offensively when he's trying to get back on the stage at least.. I don't use it enough for recoveries and feel Iike I'll accidently SD more. But putting it into practice in an actual match, I'll see how it goes.

Still can't forward air short hop short characters like kirby on the ground.

Up air definitely seems to land easier. Huge improvement in my eyes. Also, it ko's kirby at 120% on training mode(with mewtwo at 0%) just a tad bit above the ground.

Yeah dash speed wise, Mewtwo feels faster. I need more confirmations from you guys on this.. Could be a placebo.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Wow, I thought I was imagining things with the increased run speed. I felt it was the case as well, but I can never trust my judgment on this sort of thing.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I've just done several tests side by side. Mewtwo as of this patch appears to run faster. Each time I had the Mewtwo from before and this Mewtwo run together and the one now seems to always reach the end first, whilst the other Mewtwo is still under BF's right side platform...

More people confirm, this is huge.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Nair and Fair do have less landing lag. In fact, they might have reduced landing lag on all aerials, but I can't confirm that.

Run speed increase seems legit, but can't confirm.

Such weird changes...Could this be universal?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I tested several other characters side by side. Jigglypuff, Robin, Sheik, DK and TL (these two are close to Mewtwo's previous speed) and they all caught up with eachother at the same time. Mewtwo is the only character so far who outspeeds himself on the previous patch.

...We're in there boys.

Sonicninja115

Finally some really good things! does anyone know the new combo tree for Uair? I know Usmash and Fair still work, but not at kill percents probably. Does it still combo into everything? FF Uair-Uair-Fair maybe? And can falling Fair true into Dtilt now?

godogod

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo's dash speed is really indeed faster, this would be a first, and another attribute stat change(fall speed, weight) is now more possible than ever before.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Very first thing I noticed when I hit training mode was that Mewtwo's run speed felt faster. Didn't say anything because I thought I was just imagining it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Landing lag reduced on all aerials confirmed.

These changes keep getting better.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

That would explain why he felt completely different to me. Going to lab alot tomorrow!

Browny

Smash Hater
I can't be bothered hooking up my capture card today.

Someone test if landing FF fair on shield is a block string into dtilt now. Before the patch it felt like it was only a few frames short of being a true block string. If the move cancels up to 4 frames sooner, this might work. If you can block string fair into dtilt, this should also block string into grab unless the enemy does an upb oos or something.

Also, remember to lightly hold down while transitioning from the land into the dtilt, it will come out faster.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
After a quick test with a custom stage, it seems Mewtwo's run speed is nearly the exact same as Palutena's.

His speed was increased from 21st in the game to 11th/12th. That's suuuuuper good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom