• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Lucas, and Balance Patch v1.0.6 Predictions? Hopes? Complaints? Vent here!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I hope the low teirs get a little bit of love rather than the higher teir getting hammered beyond recognition.

I also hope they finally improve the netcode, I like playing this game without a half a second input delay whenever I play online.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4bowserjr:(Buff): Less lag on some of his moves. And please have all of DTilt's hits connect together w/o people falling off.
:4diddy:(Nerf): Decrease UAir knockback growth and have it 1-2% weaker.
:4kirby:(Buff): Allow more reliable followups from FThrow/BThrow or decrease end lag from DThrow.
:4littlemac:(Buff): Jolt Haymaker back to its original 1.03 length. Straight Lunge can be shield-cancelled and roll-cancelled.
:4marth:(Buff): Decreased lag from aerials.
:4lucina:(Buff): Attacks have marginally more hitstun than Marth's sour-spot attacks to compensate for balanced blade.
:4palutena:(Buff): Attacks (notably tilts) are sped up OR have Lightweight or Super Speed as a default special.
:4robinm:(Buff): Slightly increase movement speed.
:4samus:/:4zelda:(Buff): Attack hitboxes match animation and possibly given the 1.04 Shulk treatment.

This is just wishful thinking but it'd be nice if this happened. If I don't have a character listed it's because I either don't know them that well or I don't mind their current state.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Do people realize that decreasing knock back on Diddy's Uair will increase it's combo potential? Kinda like what happened with Sheik's Fair.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Sonic

I personally won't advocate for any specific buffs or nerfs right now as I'd actually need some time to think about them before posting.

However, if they touch Sonic, I'm all for slight nerfs in favor of ultimate balancing; however, if he hits Brawl status again, then we've kinda gotten nowhere with the guy.

The annoying part of Sonic comes more from his speed than his new kill potential, in my opinion. I personally feel that Sonic will always be somewhat of a hell to go against regardless of his strength (he has access to quite a few mix-ups and mind games). There are ways to go against him and I personally don't mind fighting him that much. However, I'm somewhat biased to the guy since I main him. I'll also say that Sonics with monotonous strategies are usually the easiest to figure out how to counter (as with anyone).

With that being said, if it's actually for the best to nerf him, then I'm all for it. How much would he need to be nerfed? I'd assume not too much.

Irrational buffs/nerfs are never good :4greninja: (No sort of "s/he had it coming" will ever rectify it)

Mewtwo

Aight, so my Mewtwo main is officially back after over a decade! I'm pretty content with that alone. :D

Although, I would like to see it overall buffed from its Melee counterpart, though, which it already seems to have been.

Also, if I could choose between it being under or overpowered compared to everyone else upon release, I'd choose underpowered. Not to counter the cliche "oh DLC obviously has to be better!" if it were overpowered, but so I'd most likely only have to worry about it recieving slight improvements in the future.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Hate to burst your bubble but since Mega Man was included as a third-party character, it's unlikely we'll get more representatives form the same series.
Plus Protoman makes more sense that yet another megaman, and anyway if they get another capcom char it should be mosnter hunter.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
If it's monster hunter, what would the characters

A. Name be called
B. Moveset
C. Taunts
D. Final Smash

I know nothing about Monster Hunter

D

Deleted member 269706

I hope this patch ****s with the meta so hard that EVO gets canceled. Or better yet, EVO goes on, but everyone is so unfamiliar with the characters that some random scrub wins by sheer luck. Jokes aside, I'd love to see Sonic get rekt. Fix his spin-dash, give him more lag on certain moves, and take some knockback off of that Fsmash.

Braydon

Smash Ace
If it's monster hunter, what would the characters

A. Name be called
B. Moveset
C. Taunts
D. Final Smash

I know nothing about Monster Hunter
Well his name would be Monster Hunter, the main character in the series doesn't actually have a name you name him, but then again duck hunt is just called the series name so I don't see it as a problem really.

Moveset I was thinking something like this, not sure if you'll understand it though since you don't know the moves from monster hunter these relate to:
:GCB:Lance strike: Monster hunter lowers his shield in front of him reflecting projectiles as he winds up for a lance strike, and then stabs either straight ahead, or if you aim it up, diagnolly upward at around a 35 degree angle. Move can also be canceled into a backward hop after reflecting with the shield. Minimum wind up is near as much as a falcon punch, while max is significantly higher. The lance is about one and a half times as long as he is tall and so is the hitbox
:GCR::GCB:Lance charge: Drops his shield in front of him, and winds up for a lance charge, lance charge is a fairly slow charge but the shield remains in front stopping projectiles throughout the charge, can be ended into a weaker version of a lance strike or upward lance strike, as well as a backward hop.
:GCD::GCB:Rapid fire: Monster hunter draws out a bowgun, c.ocks it, and fires 3 shots straight ahead, second 2 shots may be aimed up or down slightly. deals around 5% a shot but you are immobile a decent while.
:GCU::GCB:Cluster rocket: Monster hunter draws his bowgun and fires a cluster shot down, the recoil propelling him up. A cluster shot is a shotgun of small explosive pellets.
:GCA:Dual swords: Continuous short range flurry similar to meta knights jab
Tilts: All tilts are continuous combos similar to meta knights side tilt, monster hunter can change to any other tilt in the middle of a tilt combo, also possibly going into a back tilt.
Forward tilt: 5 slashes with a short step forward between ever other slash, last hit launches. (Basically the basic combo from Monster Hunter)
Up tilt: 4 hit combo, slashes repeatedly over head with swords, last hit launching.
Down tilt: 3 hit combo, sword swings go all the way behind the player allowing it to hit for a shorter range behind as well.
Back tilt: 1 hit ending a combo, stabs behind him with both swords, deals higher %s and launches far.
Dash attack: Spins with his hammer, followed by an upward swing, hitting while spinning deals less damage but launches enemies straight horizontally.
Neutral air: Spins his hammer at short range knocking players horizontally.
Down air: swings his hammer down meteor smashing anyone below.
Up air: Swings above with both dual swords.
Side air: 3 rapid slashes ahead with dual sword.
Back air: Swings his hammer behind him, slow but strong.
:GCCR:Sideways hammer swing, very slow, strong generic smash
:GCCU:Overhead hammer swing, has two hitboxes, if it hits while above monster hunters head it launches horizontally while if it hits on the down swing it meteors players into the ground. Very strong but slow.
:GCCD:Swings his hammer down causing the ground to shake knocking nearby players up, significantly faster but weaker than his other smashes.

Taunts wouldn't really be a problem but I don't care about taunts enough to think them through.

Final smash wouldn't really be a problem either, could do a greatsword combo at people nearby or maybe have it bring some monster onto the field, plenty of possibilities but again you probably don't know what I'm talking about if you haven't played it.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hope for Buff
:4bowserjr:
gets Less Lag on many of his attacks, Side Smash gets bigger hitbox and more shield stun. much faster grab and longer grab reach. grabs either have a follow up or killer throws. first and second jab less lag. faster cannon charge and startup, less lag on downB.
Mecha Koopa should have more HP so it doesnt explode that easy.
:4greninja: Buff him as he was before, make Hitboxes bigger on UAir. normal grab is active little longer and earlier
:4shulk: Less Lag on USmash and Side Smash. First and Second Jab less Lag. Down throw goes straight upwards, less knockback and less lag on Upthrow so a true combo of UAir with Jump is a reality
:4jigglypuff: Jabs deals less damage and knockback, Buff damage and knockback or less lag on Dash Attack. less landing lag on Fair and Nair
:4dedede: Gordos Takes more damage before being reflected, Less lag after FTilt, earlier interruption on FAir (so you can short jump Fair autocancel like you can with Bair)
:4metaknight: Little longer reach
:4pacman: Hydration has less HP so a Bair can kill it

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I think that and I know you all are gonna bash me for it, but Little Mac needs a nerf, I don't care how many times you're gonna say "OH NO HE DOESNT HE JUST NEEDS A RECOVERY BUFF." No, he needs a nerf on his end lag on half his moves. His down and Up Smash half virtually no end lag, and do too much damage for having that little end lag.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I think that and I know you all are gonna bash me for it, but Little Mac needs a nerf, I don't care how many times you're gonna say "OH NO HE DOESNT HE JUST NEEDS A RECOVERY BUFF." No, he needs a nerf on his end lag on half his moves. His down and Up Smash half virtually no end lag, and do too much damage for having that little end lag.
No he doesn't, he is literally one of the worst characters in the game and is nothing more than a noobpwner.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I think he's midtier as the competitive community says, since he's too good on the stage, and too weak in the air.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
No he doesn't, he is literally one of the worst characters in the game and is nothing more than a noobpwner.
He's looked down on now, but I think he'll rise. He plays a very different game and I think we have yet to find someone of high skill who thinks like Mac.

I bet we will see a little mac come up through the ranks eventually. He'll never be standalone, but he's more a threat than people realize.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
He's looked down on now, but I think he'll rise. He plays a very different game and I think we have yet to find someone of high skill who thinks like Mac.

I bet we will see a little mac come up through the ranks eventually. He'll never be standalone, but he's more a threat than people realize.
Literally the statement everyone makes when talking about a low tier character

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I personally don't play him often, but from what I've seen, Little Mac has a lot of power, but seems to have a somewhat low ceiling. due to his incredibly exploitable weaknesses. At least, that's how people right now are making it look.

Personally, I'm either having an easy time countering Little Mac, or taking a lot of damage from him. It's usually not in the middle, and either situation seems to grant a kill faster than normal matches vs other characters. That's because of his inherent strength, plus his incredible weakness. They work in tandem with each other. Once Little Mac gets knocked off the stage, mainly diagonally downward, it's pretty much over.

His weakness is so incredibly terrible that of course he needs access to incredible onstage game to counterbalance it. As once you get past LM's onstage, you've pretty much won the game. Not saying that he shouldn't be changed at all, but that if he were to have things like too much increased endlag, or too much increased recovery, then you've essentially broken the character in one direction or the other.

ReturningFall said:

It's possible, and I do see a lot of people say this about low tier characters, but this type of thing has happened before. If I recall correctly, there was an Olimar that reached 2nd place in APEX. People find new ways to play characters all the time!

Last edited:

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
Hopes For Buffs

:4bowser: Give him better combo ability for his up tilt ,make sure he gets followups from a throw, and side smash should come out faster

:4bowserjr:What @ pikazz pikazz said

:4drmario: Make him slightly Faster but not as fast as mario, super sheet should stall like marios, dr tornado should travel higher, Fair should be a followup to downthrow at high %

:4gaw: Faster startup on smash attacks and less lag on aerials

:4dk: Make him faster, less lag on aerials, and f smash should come out faster

:4zelda: Make Side B good as Brawls, Fair and bair should have bigger sweetspots as well as being auto canceled. Up smash and Forward smash should be harder to DI out of, Make Down B charge cancelable, and give her more speed and agility

:4ganondorf: Make him as fast as he was in melee, better airspeed, all aerial attacks should come out faster, Dair should auto cancel on short hop

:4samus: Better airspeed, Nair should have a bigger hitbox and have more hitstun, make her down smash as strong as melees, down tilt should be able to kill again, bring back missile cancelling, and all aerials should have significantly less landing lag

:4marth:/:4lucina: less lag on every attack, Longer reach on all attacks, more attack speed, better juggling, give down throw better followup options

:4myfriends: Slightly faster ground speed and faster attack speed on every normal attack outside of jab

:4palutena: Less lag on tilts and make her slightly faster

:4kirby: Better approach with nair, down throw should have a followup, and up throw should be a kill move not like in the smash invitational but at least around 120% or 130%

:4metaknight: More reach on attacks

:4dedede: Give him his Old Down throw, Ftilt should have less lag, Gordos should do more damage before being reflected, and less lag on aerials

:4littlemac: Side B should have more of a distance and Neutreal B should be Charge Cancelable

:4falco: Give him lagless Short hop lasers and make dair come out faster. Yes I know this is asking for a bit too much but these 2 things are without a doubt are Falcos most important tools in any smash bros game. Short hop lasers were his best way of approaching in both melee and brawl while dair could rack up damage and were his best killing/gimping option. The removal of these 2 things that defined falco in every smash game before smash 4 have hindered him alot and despite all the other buffs he received in smash 4 like his bair and fair they weren't enough to compensate for what he lost. If Falco is going to be good in smash 4 hes going to need his short hop lasers back and a faster dair no exceptions.

:4charizard: Down throw should be a followup instead of up throw, up throw should be a kill move, and aerials should be faster with less lag

:4greninja: Make him pre 1.04 greninja again without the ludicrous Up smash

:4jigglypuff: again what @ pikazz pikazz said

:4wiifit::4wiifitm: She/he needs more kill power and more reach

:4megaman: Less lag on down smash, and fair/bair should autocancel on short hop

Hopes for Nerfs

:4diddy: Now I've beaten my fair share of Diddys but I really do think Diddys HOO HA should be nerfed. No other character in smash 4 can react that quickly out of their down throw and can rack up damage that quickly with relative ease. I believe the time to react out of diddys HOO HA should be a bit slower while also having the down throw not able to be followed up after mid % like most characters.

Mechanic Changes

As I stated before Shield Stun should be increased so that it isn't safe like it is now giving more offensive options and making approaches less risky

No Changes

:4mario:
:4luigi:
:4peach:
:4yoshi:
:rosalina:
:4wario2:
:4link:
:4sheik:
:4tlink:
:4zss:
:4robinm:/:4robinf:
:4pit:/:4darkpit:
:4fox:(Cept for SHL and Shine Spike coming back)
:4pikachu:
:4lucario:
:4ness:
:4falcon:
:4olimar:/:4alph:
:4villager:/:4villagerf:
:4duckhunt:
:4rob:
:4shulk:
:4pacman:
:4sonic:

I know most of these will probably not make it in the next patch but one can dream right?

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The one thing I want more than anything is for custom moves to be split off into another category from equipment in the game options.

As far as balance changes, I would like Little Mac's KO Punch reduced to like... half of its current effectiveness, while increasing the range of his recovery moves. The ground-based gimmick is just dumb in a game like this.

Last edited:

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
I'll probably get some hate for this but I would really like to see an end to easy combos. Getting pretty tired of all the Marios/Ness' only doing a fire attack, grab, throw, etc and just like that, you're at 40% and you can't do anything about it

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I'm really angry at Marios, as they just spam fireballs until you get close, same strats, nothing new. I mean, you can honestly just down tilt to grab, smash or whatever, the downtilt is a great combo starter but noooo, you have to use freaking fireballs -.-

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Oh he's implying that Olimar is good, and people use him if I'm not mistaken.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Very wishful thinking, but this is want I want to see from Meta Knight specifically:
:4metaknight:
  • Fix aerials so that you can actually short hop and hit people with them
  • Increase overall range on all attacks
  • Decrease lag on specials and aerials

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
All I want is some of the slower attacks on mid to low tiers sped up a bit with less endlag. Toon Link's side smash coming out faster for example.

Diddy's down throw needs adjusted knockback growth so it isn't as easy to follow up like what was mentioned

Braydon

Smash Ace
:4samus:Really could use a buff, she needs more hitstun on her jab and bombs, she needs a better Fair, it comes out so slow and hardly hits anything unless you land a lot of the hits, which is super hard as they all come out at different angles. Definitely needs a faster Fair, and the angle should be changed to be lower.

Also bombs seem to have way to much end lag, I think some of it should be moved to start up lag to make them more useful.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Do something about Diddy's U-air and nerf RosaLuma in some way.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
If there's one character in particular I'd like to see get buffs, it's:4dk:. Make his regular throws have more kill power and reduce the lag on cargo throws to have an easier time following up. Make him able to short hop double Bair again, and make the Donkey Punch charge faster (Why was it slowed down in the first place seriousely?) and not make him helpless when used in midair. Reduced endlag on his Side or Down Smashes would be welcome too but it problably won't happen and he'll most likely remain unchanged.
Other general buffs to Low tiers are welcome too.

Of course there's the obvious :4diddy:'s HOO HAH nerf that many people want.
:4sonic:'s priority on Spin Dash, overall kill power or increased endlag on some moves is also a nerf that could be implied

But sadly, the thing that is probably going to happen is that they will do changes based on Online win ratios of each characters and change them accordingly, giving buffs and nerfs that makes no sense at all and screwing up characters that are just fine right now.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
If there's one character in particular I'd like to see get buffs, it's:4dk:. Make his regular throws have more kill power and reduce the lag on cargo throws to have an easier time following up. Make him able to short hop double Bair again, and make the Donkey Punch charge faster (Why was it slowed down in the first place seriousely?) and not make him helpless when used in midair. Reduced endlag on his Side or Down Smashes would be welcome too but it problably won't happen and he'll most likely remain unchanged.
Honestly super punch doesn't need a buff, it's basically the best kill move because once charged it can be fired with almost no start up and it has extreme knockback, plus 29% damage, it's his best move it's not what needs a buff.

I was thinking it would be better if using his up special on the ground reflected projectiles so he'd have an easier time with them, and faster air move speed would help with being juggled, he also needs a less laggy Fair.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83

I'm sorry but Diddy needs to be nerfed quite a bit as does Sheik, end of story.

Marth/Lucina need buffs (they are probably the worst characters in this game, right up there with Falco, maybe give them both more combos off of throws perhaps and give Marth proper tipper hitboxes, since most of the time when you hit with the tipper portion on some of his attacks sometimes it won't connect, and Lucina needs the tipper removed on her d-air).

Megaman needs some landing lag on his f-air reduced and a slightly buffed d-smash.

Lucario needs his air combo game to chain/link better like it did in Brawl (not a whole lot, like maybe get 2-3 air attacks off as he's falling), along with the removal of the extremespeed landing lag.

Falco needs to have some of his landing lag reduced slightly, not a whole lot, his ground game can stay as it is.
See but nerfing characters to the point where they are unusable isn't the answer. I mean look at Greninja. Instead of nerfing good characters they should just buff bad ones. You can argue that why wpuld you take the time to buff 90% of the cast when it is easier to nerf 1 or 2 characters, but is that really good game devolpment or just lazy?

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
@ LunarWingCloud LunarWingCloud as a toonlink player i actually think that would be a little too good on the first hit since that actually already has way less endlag then normal link's. i think the second hit should come much faster though since i'm sick of never being able to hit characters like jiggly with the second hit.

Last edited:

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
Double Posting Warning Received

Of course there's the obvious :4diddy:'s HOO HAH nerf that many people want.
:4sonic:'s priority on Spin Dash, overall kill power or increased endlag on some moves is also a nerf that could be implied

But sadly, the thing that is probably going to happen is that they will do changes based on Online win ratios of each characters and change them accordingly, giving buffs and nerfs that makes no sense at all and screwing up characters that are just fine right now.
uh double bair with is still possilbe and his back throw kills He is infinitely better in almosy every concievable way from brawl dude except on the giant punch charge i agree with you there that cud use a charge speed increase

That's true. There's only one really good Little Mac I play against regularly and he's a beast (he's taken the time to learn the character), but most who I play on FG are pretty easy to beat. I guess Little Mac doesn't really need any buffs, he's awesome if you play him right.
I agree.

If he hates the triforce, then he wouldn't have buffed Zelda. Dorf isn't bad he's just middle tier, and people play Link just to be jerks. I mean, you spam Boomerang to Arrow over and over and you can rack up 30 percent each time it hits.
I personally think Link is insanely good but everyone sucks as him. Remwmber when keitaro was using Link holy.moly!

Smash 4 is a fantastic game, well balanced, with a few exceptions and all we need are some tweaks to further polish up a few characters.

Nerfs:
Diddy
: -slightly- less knockback on Uair. That's it.
Sonic: the only real nerf hammer that's needed. Sanic can choose to simply not play the mindgames that are Smash, even at a high level. Needs actual punishable endlag/range on moves like Homing Shot, Dash Attack, etc.

Fixes:
Falco: slightly buffed runspeed.
Lucina: would love to see her get a slight speed buff, just to set her apart from Marth in a viable way.
Dr. Mario: recovery needs a buff. Not to the greatness that is Mario, but holy hell it's almost Little Mac-ish easy to gimp him.
Bowser: Klaw hitbox whiffs at ultra close range, wut. And if Bowsericide is going to stay dead, then Bowser should have complete control of where it lands - it's stupid to be punished (read: lose an entire stock) for making the correct read on an opponent.
Charizard: Uthrow should be his killthrow, and Dthrow his combo starter. That's it.
King Dedede: Fair and Bair hitboxes need fixing to match their actual animations. And more importantly: increase the minimum Gordo reflect threshold to 5-6%. That way, opponents have to commit to their reflect just how Dedede does, and the volley becomes interesting. Oh - fix the Gordo Glitch. It's obviously not intentional and just breaks mirror matches.
Wii Fit: slightly better grab and smash ranges. Otherwise she's great - with customs she is a MONSTER.
Mii Brawler: the knockback of dat UpB.

Mechanically - just how they took out Link's bomb cancels, I'd be alright if they eliminated the Platform cancels that Pikachu/custom DK abuse. Doesn't feel like intentional game design to me.

Otherwise, I'm so happy with this game, especially compared to Melee/Brawl. Almost all of the characters are so intentionally fun and unique - while remaining both threatening yet beatable! Meta Knight, Mario, Bowser Jr, - I love feeling the obviously intentionality Nintendo put into them. And now how Nintendo continues to polish this great product - Shulk is great now, Ike is hella fun, and Rosalina a hard yet beatable challenge.

I for one am looking forward to this patch. It's just further evidence of a great company getting better.
I think MK needa a buff actually. Less landing lag and more power. Also Marth could use less landing lag.

Smash 4 is a fantastic game, well balanced, with a few exceptions and all we need are some tweaks to further polish up a few characters.

Nerfs:
Diddy
: -slightly- less knockback on Uair. That's it.
Sonic: the only real nerf hammer that's needed. Sanic can choose to simply not play the mindgames that are Smash, even at a high level. Needs actual punishable endlag/range on moves like Homing Shot, Dash Attack, etc.

Fixes:
Falco: slightly buffed runspeed.
Lucina: would love to see her get a slight speed buff, just to set her apart from Marth in a viable way.
Dr. Mario: recovery needs a buff. Not to the greatness that is Mario, but holy hell it's almost Little Mac-ish easy to gimp him.
Bowser: Klaw hitbox whiffs at ultra close range, wut. And if Bowsericide is going to stay dead, then Bowser should have complete control of where it lands - it's stupid to be punished (read: lose an entire stock) for making the correct read on an opponent.
Charizard: Uthrow should be his killthrow, and Dthrow his combo starter. That's it.
King Dedede: Fair and Bair hitboxes need fixing to match their actual animations. And more importantly: increase the minimum Gordo reflect threshold to 5-6%. That way, opponents have to commit to their reflect just how Dedede does, and the volley becomes interesting. Oh - fix the Gordo Glitch. It's obviously not intentional and just breaks mirror matches.
Wii Fit: slightly better grab and smash ranges. Otherwise she's great - with customs she is a MONSTER.
Mii Brawler: the knockback of dat UpB.

Mechanically - just how they took out Link's bomb cancels, I'd be alright if they eliminated the Platform cancels that Pikachu/custom DK abuse. Doesn't feel like intentional game design to me.

Otherwise, I'm so happy with this game, especially compared to Melee/Brawl. Almost all of the characters are so intentionally fun and unique - while remaining both threatening yet beatable! Meta Knight, Mario, Bowser Jr, - I love feeling the obviously intentionality Nintendo put into them. And now how Nintendo continues to polish this great product - Shulk is great now, Ike is hella fun, and Rosalina a hard yet beatable challenge.

I for one am looking forward to this patch. It's just further evidence of a great company getting better.
I think MK needa a buff actually. Less landing lag and more power. Also Marth could use less landing lag.
why anyone don't talk about DK? This guy need real BUFF.
so much LAG.
What??? He has less lag than any other fatty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom