• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Lucas, and Balance Patch v1.0.6 Predictions? Hopes? Complaints? Vent here!

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
I was very pleased when I heard a new patch was coming, since I thought they had finished that already. So! What do ya all want to happen? Me personally: (and please, no hate, haha! :D)

-Diddy's Wola Hola Dola combo (duh)
-Buff Ganon's grab range
-Buff Doc's recovery (or buff his vertical recovery on his Doctor Tornado)
-Nerf Luigi's D-throw to areals (I don't know if this is just me getting tired of it, but it seems impossible to escape from. I know it isn't, but it's very good, when he has little to no ending lag on his reals, too)
-Nerf DK's Custom Up Special (The Kong Cyclone. Not only has it super armor, but it has good knockback and damage, good recovery, AND it sucks opponents in. I feel it should be toned down)

And I'm sure there are lots more, but I'm too lazy to think of anything more x) And yeah, my list here might be completely... bull. But hey, what are your hopes?

Everything you said, plus,
-Buff Dong's recovery.
-Buff Robin's horrible grab range.
-Nerf Lucina's Walking sped.
-Remove Little Mac's air combo.
-Buff zelda's utilt by 1%
-just basically remove sonic altogether

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Buff Greninja, going against the whole "better nerf Greninja" meme that we borrowed from League. Dunno how, but just buff this frog
Greninja doesn't need buffs, he's fine the way he is. I'd rather not go back to pre-nerf Greninja that was Sonic/ZSS/Falcon tier with every moron flocking to him to do BnB combos.
Remove Little Mac's air combo.
Really? Little Mac nerfs?

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
-Buff Little Mac's recovery (make it farther vertically/horizontally)
-Nerf Sonic
Nothing else really

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
-:4luigi:Nerf his Down-Throw. Give it less combo potential into aerials or something, please!
-:4bowserjr:Revoke his nerfs from 1.0.4. He was hardly dominating the meta in the first place (if anything, everyone was saying he was bad even before that).
-:4diddy:Do something to make him on par with the rest of the cast.
-:4ganondorf:/:4bowser:Either fix Ganoncide or re-break Bowsercide. There's really no reason for one of them to kill first and the other of them not to.
-:4yoshi:Make his attacks in general more punishable.
-:4pacman:God, fix his grab animation...
-:4ness:Nerf PK Fire so it only traps opponents for 10 frames:troll:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I want more end lag on Dedede's moves since theyre so strong, if you can do 25% without charging a smash attack, then give more end lag.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
My hope is that Diddy doesn't get touched....seriously, whoever takes his place would be 10x worse (Sheik, Sonic, Pika...)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Buff common sense.
Nerf people whining.
Remove the Ice Climbers from the roster.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Don't we have like 8 threads for this already

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
- ROB's downthrow so it kills at later percentages
- Marth/Lucina's D-air less landing lag
- Robin's grab miss animation less lag
- C-stick can be spammed
- Fox's eye problem fixed (useless but it kills his epic victory screens)
- Ness's PK Fire less landing lag
- (hopefully) Fox and Falco's lasers have less lag
What's the eye problem?

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
I was very pleased when I heard a new patch was coming, since I thought they had finished that already. So! What do ya all want to happen? Me personally: (and please, no hate, haha! :D)

-Diddy's Wola Hola Dola combo (duh)
-Buff Ganon's grab range
-Buff Doc's recovery (or buff his vertical recovery on his Doctor Tornado)
-Nerf Luigi's D-throw to areals (I don't know if this is just me getting tired of it, but it seems impossible to escape from. I know it isn't, but it's very good, when he has little to no ending lag on his reals, too)
-Nerf DK's Custom Up Special (The Kong Cyclone. Not only has it super armor, but it has good knockback and damage, good recovery, AND it sucks opponents in. I feel it should be toned down)
-Nerf Sonic. Extremly fast, powerful AND good for comboing. It's very, very hard to read a Sonic because of his speed. Nerf that mofo. But not his speed, tho... that's what makes Sonic Sonic :3
-Buff Lucina and Marth a bit (especially Lucina)
-Fix Bowsercide. It's very... weird now. You go down on top, yet you lose? Doesn't make sense.
-Nerf Sheik. Seriously. Make her side tilt slower, or maybe a bit more knockback to prevent that chain? Just... do something about her :)

-And they better nerf Greninja! (................ok maybe not :D)

And yeah, my list here might be completely... bull. But hey, what are your hopes?
I strongly agree with increasing ganon's grab range. And overall grab speed would be nice. He would be a much more viable character if he could beat shields more often.

Also it's worth noting, bowserside is the way it is so that it's not an almost guaranteed 0% kill move. He needs to die first because that move is so easy to land, it would ruin a lot of matches. I know it doesn't make sense logistically, but it makes sense for the game.

What i really hope they don't do, is try to balance out the characters by making the slow ones faster and the fast ones slower. But i do hope the heavies get some buffs in different ways, maybe added armor or more OOS options.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I strongly agree with increasing ganon's grab range. And overall grab speed would be nice. He would be a much more viable character if he could beat shields more often.
Umm, what? Ganondorf already beats shields like literally nobody else's business (See: Up-Tilt, Side-B, Reverse Neutral-B), or he at least knocks them back far enough so that they can't punish right out of shield in most cases (See: Smash attacks in general), which is why he's actually good in this game as opposed to Brawl.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
buff :4tlink:
buff :4link:
buff :4zelda:

Toon Link deserves more combo potential, Link needs his Melee Up-B back, and Zelda...
I just saw a video where she couldnt even Kill with a Din's Fire in a sudden death... wtf!

Last edited:

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I agree! Fix Pac-Man's grab animation!
-:4luigi:Nerf his Down-Throw. Give it less combo potential into aerials or something, please!
-:4bowserjr:Revoke his nerfs from 1.0.4. He was hardly dominating the meta in the first place (if anything, everyone was saying he was bad even before that).
-:4diddy:Do something to make him on par with the rest of the cast.
-:4ganondorf:/:4bowser:Either fix Ganoncide or re-break Bowsercide. There's really no reason for one of them to kill first and the other of them not to.
-:4yoshi:Make his attacks in general more punishable.
-:4pacman:God, fix his grab animation...
-:4ness:Nerf PK Fire so it only traps opponents for 10 frames:troll:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Umm, what? Ganondorf already beats shields like literally nobody else's business (See: Up-Tilt, Side-B, Reverse Neutral-B), or he at least knocks them back far enough so that they can't punish right out of shield in most cases (See: Smash attacks in general), which is why he's actually good in this game as opposed to Brawl.
I'm not talking about shield pressure. I mean ganon has a hard time getting past shields. A player will not stand there and let you upTilt(possibly the worst and most predictable move in the game, should never be considered as an option against shields) or reverse warlock punch, and a half decent player can spot the windup of the side-B. They are all predictable options. Generally if i play against a ganon i just throw up my shield which leaves him with 1 option, side-b. when he uses it, roll away, come back and punish. Also he's really not that good in this game, better than brawl sure. But a good patient player can usually handle a ganon (without customs). Quicker grabs, or increased grab range would help him beat patient defensive players. It still wouldn't solve his problem of having a hard time with spacers, but that's hard to do without making him faster or changing his moveset.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I say that Sakurai should remove the grounded hit on wii fit trainers final jab, it's really annoying and i know its easy to di out of, but you can get an extra 15 percent with tilts

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Ctrl C Ctrl V
DK, Zelda, Sheik and Ness no longer get helpless by Non-Recovery Attacks.
Little Mac has Warlock Punch Super Armor (powerful with restrictions)
Dr. Mario's Up-B becomes really good.
You can Fastfall with Falcon / Warlock Punch.
Rest Hitbox is bigger! How I am touching my opponent and he doesn't dies?!
ROLLS HAVE MORE VULNERABLE STARTUP AND BIGGER ENDING LAG!!!!
Robin and Doc are faster
Patch the Pac-Man Up-B stalling.

HOO-HAH is now a One-Hit KO and you can Wobble with it a Team Battles.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Don't destroy Sonic.
Don't remove Fox's jab cancel.
Leave Yoshi alone.
Fix Pac-Man's grab.
(Yes I'm selfish.)
Anyways, other things:
Add shieldstun.
Nerf rolls.
Obvious Diddy nerfs.
Buff weaker characters.
That's about all I want.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Buff Ganon's grab range
Leave Ganon's Ganocide alone
Reduce LL on Ganon's Dair (I want my Brawl SH Lag Cancel back!)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Love for Mii Swordfighter in this thread is lacking. Is he beyond hope or something?

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Let's be honest, we're probably getting something like this:

:4sheik::4diddy: Get excessively bashed with the nerf hammer until they're left a banana flavored paste and thus are ruined forever.

:4ness: PK Fire gets another 10 frames of start up to compensate for people on For Glory running into it constantly. D-Throw is entirely removed from his moveset.

:4fox:Has his Jab replaced with Samus's to make sure there's no possible way he can ever jab lock characters again.

:4zelda: Gets another 0.5% Damage added to all of her moves.

:4miisword::4miibrawl::4miigun: Are buffed to give people the incentive to buy DLC Outfits

:4samus::4lucina::4marth: Are all left untouched because CLEARLY with how common they are on For Glory they MUST be fine.

:4yoshi: Becomes Birdo.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
BIG WISH LIST :

BUFF :4dk: standard move
BUFF:4littlemac: a little BIT recovery ( make it usable for 1 vs 1.... )
Big BUFF for :4wiifit:
buff smash :4palutena:

BIG NERF :4diddy:
little nerf to :4sheik:, :rosalina: and :4zss:
and big buff WARIO for me please.. :D :4wario2:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Buff :4diddy: so that he has super armor for all moves, Uair kills at lower percentages, and banana stuns for 5 seconds.

Nerf :4greninja: just for the salt.

Have fun! :4wario:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Give my Doc a little boost during aerial cape, maybe the Melee bair, and a little less weight or higher up-b, not by much, but a little bit more.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Taking my thread, eh? No matter, I get to say what I want now.
Universally, I want shield traction to no longer push you off of edges, grabs to no longer be beaten out by attacks, for attacks to cancel each other out when clashing, instead of both fighters taking damage, rolling to lose invincibility after the 3rd roll in a row, (you'll have to wait a second for it come back) and DACUS to return. Rage is also completely removed.
:4diddy:
Remove the Hoo-Ha.
Monkey Flip causes helplessness in the air.
Smash attacks and aerials have more ending lag to them.
:4sonic:
Remove him from the game. Seriously, get this rat **** outta here. I'm kidding. (No I'm not).
Forward smash is weaker.
Up smash is weaker.
Forward tilt is weaker.
Make his up tilt good somehow.
Spin Dash and Spin Charge have less priority and deal less damage.
Down aerial has more landing lag.
Back throw is weaker.
:4sheik:
Forward tilt does more knockback.
Forward aerial has more ending lag.
Needle Storm has less knockback and and slower.
Bouncing Fish is slower and doesn't bounce off of shields.
Forward Smash is weaker.
:4yoshi:
Jab has more ending lag.
Neutral air has more ending lag.
Down aerial no longer pops opponents straight up on the last hit.
Dash attack has more ending lag.
Up smash has more ending lag.
Forward smash is weaker.
Yoshi Bomb is slightly weaker.
Eggs are slower and have less knockback.
:4falcon:
Jab comes out 3 frames later and has less knockback.
Up tilt has doesn't spike anymore.
Forward smash is weaker and does 4% less.
Dash attack does 3% less.
Back throw is weaker.
Down throw has less hitstun.
Neutral air and up aerial are weaker.
Back air's weak hitbox is removed.
Falcon Kick weaker.
:4fox:
Double jab infinite is removed.
Reflector has less ending lag.
:4ganondorf:
Up smash has more ending lag.
Neutral air is slower.
:rosalina:
Back air has an actual hitbox when Luma's not there.
Launch Star's angling is less sensitive.
Neutral air and forward air are faster.
Forward throw and back throw have more knockback.
:4luigi:
Green Missile goes farther.
Luigi Cyclone requires less inputs to rise.
Super Jump Punch's height is restored to how it was in Brawl and has less ending lag.
Neutral air has more knockback.
Fireballs have more stun.
:4mario:
Mario's attacks generally deal more damage.
Super Jump Punch goes much higher, hits more times, deals more damage, and has lower knockback scaling on all but the last hit. (Why does Jumpman's recovery suck so much?)
Cape stalls in the air more.
Fireballs have lower gravity and always deal 5%. Pretty much make them how they were in Brawl.
:4drmario:
Megavitamins deal 6%.
Super Sheet gives Doc a boost on the first two swings.
Super Jump Punch's height is restored to its Melee version.
Forward aerial's sourspot is removed.
Dr. Tornado has less starting and ending lag, does more damage, knockback, and moves farther.
Down smash sends opponents upwards like in Melee.
Dr. Mario runs slightly faster.
:4myfriends:
Give Ike his Brawl range back and make him faster, then we'll be Gucci.
:4jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff runs slightly faster.
Jab 1 has less knockback.
Forward tilt has more range.
Down tilt is faster.
Forward Smash's sourspot is removed.
Forward smash is faster.
Up smash is stronger and faster.
Down smash has more range, deals 3% more, has more knockback, and is faster. Pretty much just make it good.
Rollout charges faster, deals 5% more, and has more knockback.
Pound is reverted to how it was in Brawl.
Sing has more range and active frames.
Rest has more knockback and launches opponents dependent on where they touch Jigglypuff.
Up air has more range and knockback.
Down air has less landing lag and spikes similarly to Kirby's.
Back air's hitbox comes out faster.
Forward throw semi-spikes similarly to Melee.
Up throw has much more knockback and is now a reliable KO move.
Down throw has much less knockback.
:4lucario:
Jab always connects.

Everybody else is either fine or I just don't give a **** about them. I'm only expecting like, a quarter of these, but I can dream, oh I can dream like no other.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
It would be really interesting if Rosalina lost a lot of her regular hitboxes without Luma. Like, remove the galaxy on her fsmash and the hitbox on her upsmash, so she loses more options when Luma is gone.

But realistically, just increasing the endlag on her gravity pull so she can't just stuff all projectiles and actually has to time a reaction (like Villager) would be really fair. Or increasing Luma's death time, reducing its hp, anything to make her walling bs less good.

Last edited:

demonickirby

Smash Rookie
Literally the only balancing I care about:

:4megaman:: Doesnt really NEED to be balanced. But hey, he's my main, so ill hope for a buff even if he doesn't need one. Slight more knockback and stun on lemons would be cool. Even a very small buff in lemons would be a game changer. less lag on landing with Fair and Bair would be really big for :4megaman:. Wouldnt mind less lag on his Dsmash. Overall doesnt need to be changed at all, but itd be cool.

Pls nerf :4sheik:. I literally only say this because im a little ***** who doesnt like to fight her. By far :4megaman: worst matchup and itd be amazing if she got nerfed by having more lag. Best part is, it just might happen.

Since everyone wants it, go ahead and nerf :4diddy:. I second him, so I really only want this if shiek gets nerfed, but all and all it doesnt matter to me. :4megaman:can zone him out pretty well and since I use him as a secondary I only want him nerfed if Shiek is.
Nerf :4greninja: because I want to drink tears.
All and all: Do everything to make muh boy :4megaman:overall better by buffing him or nerfing characters he has problems with.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I'd like Falco's down aerial to be a stronger meteor smash like in Melee.

I'm gonna sound greedy but I wouldn't mind Wii Fit Trainer's down smash to have a bit more range.

Definitely agree with Zelda's buffs too.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4ness:Dair is the N64 or at the very least Brawl Dair. The one now sucks. Yo-Yos have more kill power. PK Fire is completely untouched. I don't even know why people complain about it, it's a terrible move. And buff his Lucas customs, they are garbage.
:4jigglypuff:Reduce the knockback on D-Throw so it opens for aerial followups. Leaping Rest can snap edges.
:4littlemac:Bing back his Jolt Haymaker from 1.04.
:4zelda:Reduce the terrible landing lag in her lightning kicks.
:4miisword::4miigun:More speed.
:4gaw: Reduce start up on smashes and make Bair and Fair autocancelable again.
:4duckhunt:Reduce landing lag on aerials and make his smash attacks more consistent on hit.
:4ganondorf: Melee running speed, bring back autocancelable Dair.
:4lucina: Give her an actual grab game and buff her killpower. Remove the atrocious landing lag on aerials.
:4marth:^ minus the killpower part.
:4wiifit:I know something is wrong here but I don't know what.

Top Bottom