• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mewtwo Frame Data - 3.02

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
No, that's the five frame landing lag, sempai.
Any aerial can be hover canceled, you just have to be hovering long enough for the hitbox to come out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hover = ~62 frames

Maximum amount of hover time before it uses your double jump: 19

There is no distinguishable animation change so I can't tell how long hover is since Mewtwo doesn't fall fast enough.

I guess I could modify the pac file to make him drop faster than Fox, but that would require effort.

My frame advance is hating me atm so...

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
if you use a move in hover, then cancel the hover and land during frames you'd take landing lag then you only take the 5 frame penalty instead

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Updated.

Cross post from the Ike boards:

I want someone good at Ike to write this up to add into the introduction; a short but sweet overview of a character in this format:

CHARACTER STATS

Difficulty:

Style:

Defensive power:

Offensive power:

Approach strength:

Combo ability:

Key techniques:

Doubles partner options:
For example, difficulty would be how hard the character is to use, easy/intermediate/hard/very hard. Defensive power would probably mention above average weight, counter etc. Approach strength would probably say something about how few characters have an answer to a well spaced fair. idk I'm throwing things out there. For reference: http://iplaywinner.com/roll-tvc/

I'm not sold on key techniques or doubles partner options yet, but see what happens.

^ Replace Ike with Mewtwo.

Also why does forward throw only do 10% damage to Jigglypuff? I think that the throw hitboxes aren't big enough.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hover = ~62 frames

Maximum amount of hover time before it uses your double jump: 19

There is no distinguishable animation change so I can't tell how long hover is since Mewtwo doesn't fall fast enough.

I guess I could modify the pac file to make him drop faster than Fox, but that would require effort.

My frame advance is hating me atm so...
You could do what I do with moves that have Frame Speed Mods. I use the color overlay command so that when the FSM ends, the character is overlaid with a color and then I terminate the color overlay after the FSM is over. I assume you could easily do this with hover so that when he is hovering, Mewtwo has a color overlay and make the color overlay go away after the hover is entirely over.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You could do what I do with moves that have Frame Speed Mods. I use the color overlay command so that when the FSM ends, the character is overlaid with a color and then I terminate the color overlay after the FSM is over. I assume you could easily do this with hover so that when he is hovering, Mewtwo has a color overlay and make the color overlay go away after the hover is entirely over.
This is a cool idea, I was originally thinking of just modifying M2's falling speed and acceleration rate, which also should theoretically show me when hover ends.

or I could use a metal box

omg genius

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
If you do an aerial while hovering, say a dair to hit the top of opponent's shield with the sweetspot, and let go of the jump button before falling to the floor so that technically you aren't hovering when you land, do you still get the 5 frame landing lag or does it not count as a HC aerial?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Flush 5 Flush 5 you don't have to be hovering when you land you just have to be hovering when you start the aerial, and then if you stop hovering any time during the aerial and land after that any time during the aerial it will be hover canceled for the 5 frames of landing lag.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Section 3 / Sticker & Moveset Attributes [STCK]

Jab 1 - Foot/Darkness
Even though he uses his hand, this is a foot attack.
Jab 2 - Hand/Aura
This is Aura but looks like Darkness. I checked this like, 3 times. Not sure what's up here.
Dash Attack - Foot/Darkness|Foot/Darkness|Foot/Normal
One of the three hitboxes uses the Normal attribute
Ftilt - Hand/Normal
Tail confirmed to be Mewtwo's hand.
Utilt - Foot/Normal
Tail confirmed to be Mewtwo's foot.
Dtilt - Foot/Normal
Is this real life?
Fsmash - Hand/Normal|Hand/Darkness
Sourspot uses Normal attribute.
Usmash - Hand/Darkness
Not much to say here.
Dsmash - Explosive/Darkness
Mewtwo getting a bit excited.
Nair - Energy/Electric
Typically Energy attacks are seen on things like Fox Blaster.
Fair - Magic/Darkness
Magical!
Bair - Hand/Normal
Did they realise that there are tail stickers?
Uair - Hand/Normal
Apparently not.
Dair - Hand/Normal
... no comment.
Pummel - Energy/Electric
<insert witty comment here>
Shadow Ball - Typeless/Darkness
This attack is only boosted by Darkness stickers since Typeless ones don't exist.
Disable (vs. Grounded) - Foot/Stun
Don't use this vs. Subspace Emissary enemies plz
Disable (vs. Aerial) - Foot/Normal
Don't use this either.
I am sure that somebody's already thought this, or maybe it's common knowledge, but since it's not posted here, I'm going to say it.

Are the stickers weird because they're actually for Lucario's attacks?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Am sure that somebody's already thought this, or maybe it's common knowledge, but since it's not posted here, I'm going to say it.

Are the stickers weird because they're actually for Lucario's attacks?
Yep! They are editable, but the PMBR probably decided not to edit 'em since the Subspace Emissary doesn't work yet!

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
i think it would be useful to a lot of people if you put a little more information in the OP. for example, how shield stun is calculated/how it relates to dmg, perhaps the shield stun of moves, and most importantly the total duration of moves(is there some reason this isn't there?). recovery frames would be nice, but if you have both the total duration and active frames you can figure that out yourself. i don't mean to sound ungrateful, this is a lot of useful information already. i appreciate the hard work.

what i am curious about at this moment is, what is the static difference(frame advantage) on auto-cancelled nair(assuming you hit the first autocancel frame) on block? i assume it's the same as the frame advantage calculated above for hover cancel(-2)? i imagine there is at least enough time to get a dodge off before a shield grab, and probably enough time to get off a dtilt or jab if you're behind them.

i'm also curious about the simple static difference on aerial nair. let's say you do a full jump nair; the attack ends just before you hit the ground. is there little enough frame disadvantage so that wavelanding away or through their shield is going to help? what about simply air dodging away/through their shield into the ground(as in, for the actual dodge)?

also, are there any recovery frames after nair's last autocancel frame? it seems like there is simply no lag as long as the last attack comes out in the air.

other things i am curious about are what shadow ball charge's frame advantage is(on block), what the cancel's recovery time is, and what shadow ball shot's frame advantage is at point blank at the various charge levels(especially min and max, but i'm curious about all of them since they are all useful at different percents). even if it varies based on distance, time, or charge level, i'm sure there is useful information there, especially since it's seeming like autocancel nair>shadow ball charge is probably a viable option for shield pressure from behind.

Last edited:

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
oh, alright. i assumed that included IASA frames or perhaps was not the true "recovery" of the move(for example, with Roy's Dtilt I would have thought that the FAF listed his first IASA frame and not the first frame he could, say, put up his shield--if i recall correctly he can act early but would have to dash or something before shielding). sorry for the wall of text and apologies if what i said came off as rude. i understand getting and inputting all this data is a lot of work. thank you again.

Last edited:

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
As someone a little unfamiliar with how to interpret frame data, can one of you guys check to see if I understand whats going on here?

So as an example. Mewtwo and Ike.
Mewtwo hover cancels a Fair on ike's shield, this leaves him with +4 frame advantage, this accounts for both the hover cancel landing of 5 frames, and the shieldstun on ike, which would be 9 frames? Q: is there a one? two? three? frames in there where mewtwo must be airborne and landing (IE performed Fair and is now hovering toward ground? If you perform it perfectly are there any frames where mewtwo must continue his hover to the ground?

On landing Fair on shield, if the the frame advantage is +4, then mewtwo can startup dtilt (fastest hitbox) to hit on frame 5. Suppose ike tries to shield grab, this will have its hitbox active on frame 7. 4+7 = 11, so this means ikes grab will certainly not land, correct? Does this mean mewtwo should connect with a down tilt on ike? Will it hit ike's shield if Ike does not perform a frame perfect attempted shield grab? is the length of time it takes to drop shield for a grab taken into account for frame data (IE frame 1 of a shield grab, you are unshielded)?

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Sorry this will sound super nooby and for some reason I am having a hard time grasping this right now but for frame advantage is it good to have negative numbers or positive numbers? Like is it in your advantage or disadvantage when the number is nagative? And the information shell added are mostly positive but the ones in the frame data are mostly negative. Are you guys, so to speak, using different scales?

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Negative is bad. It's the amount of frames that the enemy has to work with to punish you.
So aerials are good for shield pressure? And are the block advantages for the aerials in relation on hit or in relation to FAF? (I know this was not your information but I am just asking if you know)

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
whats up with mewtwo's ridiculous grab?
i've seen and then replicated situations where the opponent is behind me and i still get the standing grab. that isn't cool, atleast melee marth would get you if you were infront of him.

CeLL

Smash Lord
whats up with mewtwo's ridiculous grab?
i've seen and then replicated situations where the opponent is behind me and i still get the standing grab. that isn't cool, atleast melee marth would get you if you were infront of him.
Marth and Roy are the only characters in Melee who can't grab behind them.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Roy are the only characters in Melee who can't grab behind them.
oh cool thanks, still dont care, still doesnt affect my opinion on P:m mewtwos grab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCjB3TK8kt8
check out this video at 7:20 and 12:12. thats more than a little stupid, in addition to the ridiculously good range and safety on his up tilt up air and back air.

CeLL

Smash Lord
oh cool thanks, still dont care, still doesnt affect my opinion on P:m mewtwos grab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCjB3TK8kt8
check out this video at 7:20 and 12:12. thats more than a little stupid, in addition to the ridiculously good range and safety on his up tilt up air and back air.
Again, Roy and Marth are the only characters who can't do this. Not really imbalanced since literally 95% of the characters in the game can do the exact same thing.

tehmarkysparky

Smash Rookie
How long does Mewtwos shadowball leave the person in block stun for if anyone knows? Doesn't seem to be in the chart, just says variable which isn't very useful.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Again, Roy and Marth are the only characters who can't do this. Not really imbalanced since literally 95% of the characters in the game can do the exact same thing.
He didn't say anything about it being balanced or not.
It was that it doesn't make sense to be able to grab people behind you with a standing grab.
It's counter intuitive design.

Making the entire cast able to do thing might make thing balanced by definition but does not mean that thing isn't ridiculous.

I think the point he was making is that its ridiculous because its unbelievable. It's like Ness's Yo Yo Glitch.
Doesn't matter if everyone could do it, if it's counterintuitive.

IMO that is.

A 'solution' would be to change the character animations so they they extend arms on both sides of them, conveying to the player that their character is able to grab from both sides.

CeLL

Smash Lord
He didn't say anything about it being balanced or not.
It was that it doesn't make sense to be able to grab people behind you with a standing grab.
It's counter intuitive design.

Making the entire cast able to do thing might make thing balanced by definition but does not mean that thing isn't ridiculous.

I think the point he was making is that its ridiculous because its unbelievable. It's like Ness's Yo Yo Glitch.
Doesn't matter if everyone could do it, if it's counterintuitive.

IMO that is.

A 'solution' would be to change the character animations so they they extend arms on both sides of them, conveying to the player that their character is able to grab from both sides.
Perhaps, but then it should be brought up on the general forum, rather than Mewtwo's. Also, if he's not talking about balance, why would he mention that the ranges on utilt, uair, and bair are so good, too?

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps, but then it should be brought up on the general forum, rather than Mewtwo's. Also, if he's not talking about balance, why would he mention that the ranges on utilt, uair, and bair are so good, too?
Ah I see. You make good points. Thats what I get for skimming.

Does anyone have the actual hitboxes for Mewtwo or am I just blind and they were already posted?
only reason I'm in this thread haha. I keep checking. can't seem to find them myself. :151::151:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
There's more to it than that tho. Frames 1 to 4 are when the opponent's hitbox has to come into contact with your powershield bubble. An oversight caused MewTwo's PS bubble to be exceptionally large so moves can be in that area for a longer period of time before mewtwo initiates the shield, giving him a bigger window to powershield based on the movement of the incoming attack. For projectile reflection with powershield, the window is only frames 1-2, but the rest of the above still applies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's just... Do people really not know how this works?

Let me

Explain

mewtwo.png

Ignore the not perfectly round shield, but basically if a hitbox (the orange thing) enters that green area within the 1-4 frames, the move will be powershielded.

I know that the reddit thread linked above mentions a powershield value, but for whatever reason I've never heard of that, lol.

I mean, it's based on the shield size on the first couple of frames, so maybe they're talking about the characters starting minimum shield size being humungous?

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's just... Do people really not know how this works?

Let me

Explain

View attachment 28182

Ignore the not perfectly round shield, but basically if a hitbox (the orange thing) enters that green area within the 1-4 frames, the move will be powershielded.

I know that the reddit thread linked above mentions a powershield value, but for whatever reason I've never heard of that, lol.

I mean, it's based on the shield size on the first couple of frames, so maybe they're talking about the characters starting minimum shield size being humungous?
I know this was a long time ago, but what is the frame data after a power shield. Is it all the same stats as a normal OoS option or can you immediately drop shield and walk/run/smash/etc. I think its normal OoS with no shield stun and Yoshi parrying is messing with my head...

Also, do you have an order that you are updating these threads? Sartron has a list in all his threads showing the order he is updating and was curious if you had a list as well.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I know this was a long time ago, but what is the frame data after a power shield. Is it all the same stats as a normal OoS option or can you immediately drop shield and walk/run/smash/etc. I think its normal OoS with no shield stun and Yoshi parrying is messing with my head...

Also, do you have an order that you are updating these threads? Sartron has a list in all his threads showing the order he is updating and was curious if you had a list as well.
It just cancels the shield drop animation.

You still suffer shieldstun.

Also I'm not really updating these because Smash 4 is a very high priority sorry.

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
Also I'm not really updating these because Smash 4 is a very high priority sorry.
Understandable. It'd still be great to have a current version of this information available. I don't have BrawlBox (assuming that's how you gathered your data) but I'm willing to learn it. Would anyone else be willing to undertake a group effort at data gathering?

Top Bottom