• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Never seen this kind of thread before...Nifty idea though. M2 in tournaments is hard, especially when they're overrun with Peach and Samus players >_< IMO, I'd rather fight Fox/Falco/Falcon, maybe Sheik. btw, is it just me or did the quick reply box get REALLY small...kinda square-like...? *Goes back to playing DS* >_>

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I think after a while the box grows bigger.

I think it might be a feature of the site rework?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I'm really picky about when I play M2 in tournament. Sometimes if I lose the first match with my Marth, depending on the player I'll pick Mewtwo as kind of a confidence booster then finish em off by going back to Marth.

I don't always pick M2 with confidence, but playing him helps me focus and I can find more holes in people's overall game. I guess playing M2 forces me to focus more if I want to win despite the longer matches and the obvious weaknesses in the character, I'll usually find a way to win.

quak

Smash Champion
Never seen this kind of thread before...Nifty idea though. M2 in tournaments is hard, especially when they're overrun with Peach and Samus players >_< IMO, I'd rather fight Fox/Falco/Falcon, maybe Sheik. btw, is it just me or did the quick reply box get REALLY small...kinda square-like...? *Goes back to playing DS* >_>
what ds game you playing? im kinda into pokemon diamond, and ridiculously into trauma center (i know im a ****in beast at that game) i would be into metriod hunters if i could find my **** cartridge :p

(yeah, i double posted. But i can't be COPYIN' and PASTIN' quotes all day :p)

((and it's not like i want my post count any higher))

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The Box is updated cool now.
+ My sig is showing automatically. :)

Any genre that isn't heavy, or too repetitively boring/annoying.

I've sorta been playing Diamond... I don't want to get to the competitive EV/IV train/breeding scene too much though.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was playing Pokemon too, Pearl version to be exact. Just finished breeding some physical sweepers for a UU team. Mind exchanging FC's? Maybe we can battle or trade sometime. It's a shame that you don't want to get into the deeper levels of Pokemon though DelxDoom, it's really fun if you have friends that play. It's not too complicated once you get the hang of it. As for music, I'll listen to pretty much anything as long as it's catchy. I'm more into instrumentals, or stuff that's on OC remix XD

PDRK

Smash Rookie
Take a bow to dedication and how far you have gotten...And yes this is a sexy low tier thread:laugh:

quak

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was playing Pokemon too, Pearl version to be exact. Just finished breeding some physical sweepers for a UU team. Mind exchanging FC's? Maybe we can battle or trade sometime. It's a shame that you don't want to get into the deeper levels of Pokemon though DelxDoom, it's really fun if you have friends that play. It's not too complicated once you get the hang of it. As for music, I'll listen to pretty much anything as long as it's catchy. I'm more into instrumentals, or stuff that's on OC remix XD
okay, i said im kinda into pokemon, i know what sweepers are, no idea on the rest, can someone explain DV's and stuff to me without too much jargon?

also here's my team, tell me what i should do :p

Spiritomb

item:spooky plate?

moves:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse
Shadowball

Scyther (should evolve to scizor?)

item: focus sash

moves:
x-scissor
aerial ace
swords dance
steel wing?

Ninetails

item: charcoal?

flamethrower
will o wisp
protect
confuse ray

Lucario

Item: Big root

moves:
Drain punch (max PP)
close combat
flash cannon
stone edge

swampert

item: ?

moves:
surf
avalanche
earthquake
hammer arm

flygon

item: muscle band

Moves:
dragon claw
fly
rock slide
earthquake

im also raising an metagross, don't know what his move set will be, but i like his type, and an venusaur with a moveset of something like toxic, leech seed, protect, and somethin.

feedback/ dv's explaination greatly appreciated, make the feedback honest though, i wanna know if im a complete newb, i swear, i won't stab you

----------------------------------

as for trade, what your going to find with me is probably common, i just basicly cloned some of the starters and the ones that are cool with ditto :p

i got.... charmanders, squirtles, bulbasaurs, turtwigs, piplup, riolu, mudkip, scythers, eevees, beldums, spiritombs, elekids, snorlaxs, tyrogues, aerodactyls, lapras's, castforms (dunno why), natus, absols, skarmorys. All of which are hatched out of their eggs, and level 1's.

hit me up if you want some, i like good tm's

PDRK

Smash Rookie
okay, i said im kinda into pokemon, i know what sweepers are, no idea on the rest, can someone explain DV's and stuff to me without too much jargon?

Spiritomb

moves:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse
Shadowball

moves:
x-scissor
aerial ace
swords dance
steel wing?

Ninetails

flamethrower
will o wisp
protect
confuse ray

Lucario

moves:
Drain punch (max PP)
close combat
flash cannon
stone edge

swampert

moves:
surf
avalanche
earthquake
hammer arm

flygon

Moves:
dragon claw
fly
rock slide
earthquake

im also raising an metagross, don't know what his move set will be, but i like his type, and an venusaur with a moveset of something like toxic, leech seed, protect, and somethin.

feedback/ dv's explaination greatly appreciated, make the feedback honest though, i wanna know if im a complete newb, i swear, i won't stab you

----------------------------------

as for trade, what your going to find with me is probably common, i just basicly cloned some of the starters and the ones that are cool with ditto :p

i got.... charmanders, squirtles, bulbasaurs, turtwigs, piplup, riolu, mudkip, scythers, eevees, beldums, spiritombs, elekids, snorlaxs, tyrogues, aerodactyls, lapras's, castforms (dunno why), natus, absols, skarmorys. All of which are hatched out of their eggs, and level 1's.

hit me up if you want some, i like good tm's
Pokemon ehh quak... I don't know about your other pokemon but I have a good nintails almost perfect. since its Spdef is the best and speed is its 2nd... go to market and buy 20 vitamins 10 for each stat your going to raise and give it to vulpix all at once at lvl 1. then I would reccomend EV training vulpix from lvl one and raising its spDEF and Spattack or speed (spattack would be best) once you have completed that put remains on speed and your done just evolve to ninetails. best move set in my opinion is willo-wisp, flamethrower, confuse ray, and nasty plot. Feel free to ask me more questions... and srry for the long lecture. I need to put my mewtwo vids ASAP

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
LOVE DS <3

right now im playing bleachDS(loads and loads) and also children of mana =]
cough.... im alittle resistant to playing pokemon >> i would be so embarrased if some random kid in public transports come up to me and ask for a duel ...

i like how bowzer players envy us)

and yes i do feel like my quick reply box got smaller. it got placed into a bigger grey box you see..

as for picking chars in tourneys... i play mewtwo full time. i guess i havnt invested enough time in other characters to play them effectively in tourneys. mewtwo is my best character. but if i have to go against marth or ganon and loose my first round, i counter using sheik (not that i can garentee a win).

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon

Spiritomb

moves:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse
Shadowball

Spritomb works better as a defensive Pokemon as it has no weakness. Strongest hit on it will be neutral damage. I recommend using Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split to keep it alive. WoW hinders physical attackers, but watch out for those who pack Guts as an ability. You can drop Hypnosis and Dream Eater for those moves. If you od'nt like those, Confuse Ray is also an option. It can help out the team.

moves:
x-scissor
aerial ace
swords dance
steel wing?

Scyther is an interesting Pokemon, it's strong and fast but with minimal defenses and is weak to several comon types. Those being rock(4x), ice(2x), electric(2x), fire(2x), and flying(2x). Evolving to Scizor isn't really needed unless you're planning on Baton Passing or just looking for a more durable Pokemon. Moveset seems fine, steel wing in questionable, but then again I wouldn't really know what to replace it with, maybe Pursuit for Psychics. Focus sash seems like a fitting item so that you can get in a gauranteeed swords dance.

Ninetails

flamethrower
will o wisp
protect
confuse ray

Ninetails has changed alot since Adv. IIRC, it has Nasty Plot now, so if you can get that onto Ninetails, it'll be great instead of Protect. Replace Charcoal with Leftovers.

Lucario

moves:
Drain punch (max PP)
close combat
flash cannon
stone edge

Lucario is too good XP...Take off Big Root for Life Orb for extra damage. Drain Punch is pretty much useless any way you use it, so replace with a physical move. Flash cannon can go too. Maybe Swords Dance and Extreme Speed would work.

swampert

moves:
surf
avalanche
earthquake
hammer arm

Replace surf with waterfall and hammer arm with brick break. Unless you really need the power, brick break is better since it's strong but doesn't lower speed. Give it Leftovers so it can last long.

flygon

Moves:
dragon claw
fly
rock slide
earthquake

I don't know what muscle band does, so I'm gonna suggest giving it Choice band to boost it's attack. Remove fly for U-Turn for grass types.

Metagross is good, so use this: Agility/Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Explosion. You can't go wrong with that. As for Venusaur, Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Synthesis/Sludge Bomb or Energy Ball. Last move is preference really. Sludge Bomb is to take care of other grasses who try to wall you and Energy ball is for those waters who try to take you out.

Truthfully, it's not a bad start for a team. You seem to have good type coverage, but the wrong idea of how some Pokemon work. For example, Spiritomb is a defensive Pokemon, not so much of an attacker IMO. As for items, you don't necessarily need items that boost attack power on all of your Pokemon. As for EV's/IV's/DV's it's hard to explain properly in simple terms...but I'll try.

-EV's(Effort Values)-

These are points that you can use to um...customize your Pokemon. Say you want more special attack, you have to fight Pokemon who give you Sp.Atk EV's. Now, how do you know which Pokemon give you which EV's? Each Pokemon give you a certain amount and a certain type of EV's. For example, Starly gives you 1 speed EV. For every 4 EV's you gain in one stat, you get an extra point in that stat when you level up.

-IV's(Individual Values)-

IV's are values which determine how high your stats can go. They range from 0-31. 31 being perfect, 0 being terrible.

-DV's(Dynamic Values)-

These are what affect the Pokemon's stat changes from level to level IIRC. If you want a better explanation, go here:

http://www.serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml

Biggest post I've ever done >_<

quak

Smash Champion
haha, thanks lavagolem

though asking to switch from surf to waterfall is questionable....

yeah, i knew my metagross was gonna learn explosion, 2v2's with spiritomb :D

i checked out the guide at psypokes and i have deduced that im going to have to re-raise my entire team, but it wont be too bad

And thanks for the tip pdrk, where is the best place to EV point train in pokemon diamond? what pokemon give you what stats? And can you really cram 60 vitamins into a level 1?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Check out these sites for Pokemon stuff, they have EVERYTHING :D

serebii.net (Mostly a database)
www.smogon.com (go to the forums and click on Stark Mountain, you should be able to go from there)
www.gamefaqs.com (EV taining hotspots FAQ is here)

Oh, and reason for switching to waterfall is because it's physical now. Look at it as the physical version of surf. Physical waters benefit more from this. Seeing as swampert is a physical attacker, it'll be better off with waterfall.

PDRK

Smash Rookie
Ev's are complicated at first and its more manual and custom then your regular form of training which is weak sauce, no offense :) learn this and it will show much more improvement. These sites are all good, especially serebii, but It lags alot sometimes.

There might be a thread about this somewhere... Marth+Mewtwo=**** ( helpful methods) +
(approaches)= Win. My best approach is B-shadow and grab and from mid distances bair. switch out or stay?

joshisrad

Smash Lord
My Pkmn Gold file just decided to kill itself. I've tried starting new games and it saves for like ten minutes, but if I pick it up later then the save file is gone. Must be the battery. Any way to fix it? (I've taken apart my PS2 memory card to fix it before and it worked, got all my data back too)

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
No, actually the internal battery ran dry. It happened to my Silver version a while ago. To my knowledge, there's nothing you can do about it = / By the way, I have a tournament coming up soon(actually an anime convention, shouldn't be too bad...), and I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on fighting Samus. I got 2 stocked by one in my last tournament, and I don't want it happening again >_< If worse comes to worse I'll use Falco or Kirby. Strategies and tidbits are appreciated. Oh, and can a N-Air eat Samus' missles? That's my main concern.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Ya tough match. Nair gets beat by Missile. All of Mewtwo's attacks get beat by missile so don't try to knock out the missiles anyways. If you get close don't try to out CC Samus (which means Down Tilt is to be used sparingly) and try to get her to mess up and punish hard.

If you can p-shield, do it. If not then hopefully your opponent wouldn't know how to beat stupid crap like Teleport to dodge or triangle jump. If worst comes to worst and you are too scared of the missiles go to Falco and spam SHL. Easy way to get close would be eating missiles with strong shield and WDing in (not so close that you eat Forward Tilt/Smash or Down Smash, which puts you back at square one)

I recommend Falco! Much easier and if your opponent is anime convention level then they probably won't change their strategy at all during the entire match so you would be just overthinking with Mewtwo.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Samus missiles can be negated by a jab pretty easily. But powershielding them is easier and more safe.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
It's not something you should count on. It really only works with Marth and Ganon because Marth is safe for the longest time and Ganon's jab can get through them.

I say this because if you end up meeting a Samus that follows her projectiles or shoots differently then you might eat something bad.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
MetaKnight killed the Mewtwo chat star!
MetaKnight killed the Mewtwo chat star!

An super ultra ninja cookie to any who gets my drift.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
nope.. i dont get it either..

METAKNIGHT!!!

i was playing 'within a deep forest"

lol... fun fun fun...
but im stuck.....

i have all the different balls..... now i cant find the tiger T___T
where..... is the tiger >>"
is the tiger that stripped cat thing that sucks you in?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
yeah that's the tiger striped cat

Spoilers 'n shiat coming up.

If you have fly ball spawn on the lower section of the mountains. spawn a flyball, fly two screens up go to that save point. From there you have to navigate ball 7 all the way to the tiger.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Supernova is terrible. The line "Video killed the radio star" can also be heard in the song SLAM from Pump It Up. SLAM is a pretty darn hard song. PIU is a similar style game to DDR, pushed by Andamiro and co, with four diagonal arrows and one center "arrow." Much harder than DDR. Better music, too. DDR is more fun to me though.

Top Bottom