• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mew2King's 'SSBM Bible'

The Star King

Smash Hero
I haven't read it yet but I'm assuming it's something about how Metaknight got crucified by the Brawl Community for our sins (planking/camping) - though it was more of a plus sign than a cross, MK has pretty stubby limbs. However, there will be a second coming of MK, and the faithful (anti-ban) shall be rewarded with eternal good tournament placings. I'm in the general ballpark right?

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
"Wavedashes are usually performed by jumping, and then the very INSTANT you're in the air (or the frame that you WOULD be in air if you timed it perfectly) you'd jump and then you'd air dodge down-left or down-right to slide across the ground a short distance, usually used for dodging attacks and traveling quickly (like for experts in Target Test and sometimes HRC, and even in real fights with other people)"

This is when it hit me how old this is

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think calling it a Bible is pretty justified considering how ****ing OLD it is.
And the fact that its long to. :D

Each of the following is a book of the bible:
---Rules of Priority
---Attack Power Deterioration
---Dodge Ratings
---Air Dodge Ratings
---Roll Ratings
---Rolling Distance
---Characters that can Wall Jump
---Clobbering Item Attack Starting Speed
---Items that can/can't be throw fast
---Items that can/can't be throw far

Varist

Smash Lord
"Wavedashes are usually performed by jumping, and then the very INSTANT you're in the air (or the frame that you WOULD be in air if you timed it perfectly) you'd jump and then you'd air dodge down-left or down-right to slide across the ground a short distance, usually used for dodging attacks and traveling quickly (like for experts in Target Test and sometimes HRC, and even in real fights with other people)"

This is when it hit me how old this is

he's wrong though, you don't have to double jump

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/554/megamazevz1.png

I did it pixel by pixel; took about 200 hours.

I created this about 10 years ago.

There's the main maze, where it is the upper left corner yellow dot pixel to the one near the lower right (where it says ThEnd), but also 2 different brown pixels, 2 pink, 2 purple, etc etc. all around, marked by arrows. Those are sub-mazes inside the main maze. The dark red dots are extra points.

Massive

Smash Champion
True story, all static (non-route changing) mazes can be solved by tracing a path along the right hand wall from the perspective of the entrant.

It is rarely the optimal solution, but it is guaranteed. This knowledge is particularly helpful in fun house mirror mazes.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
True story, all static (non-route changing) mazes can be solved by tracing a path along the right hand wall from the perspective of the entrant.

It is rarely the optimal solution, but it is guaranteed. This knowledge is particularly helpful in fun house mirror mazes.
This is heard a lot, but it's not necessarily true in mazes in which the walls aren't all connected. There are lots of trivial counterexamples, but here is one that looks like a typical maze. [COLLAPSE="Here is a counterexample."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Massive

Smash Champion
This is heard a lot, but it's not necessarily true in mazes in which the walls aren't all connected. There are lots of trivial counterexamples, but here is one that looks like a typical maze. [COLLAPSE="Here is a counterexample."]
[/COLLAPSE]
I rescind my comment then, this is pretty interesting. If the walls are connected in a closed loop I suppose the rule would break down.

Four way junctions do wacky stuff. I remember my maze solving algorithm in college having trouble recursing them until I put a turn lifetime value on the "walker" variable. I hadn't considered that a maze could have walls that were implemented as separate, closed loops.

Legitimately cool story, bro.

Varist

Smash Lord
and all its comparitive ridiculousness can be drained away in one fell swoop by a simple algorithm.

makes you want to say "**** you computers"

both for creating better mazes than the ones we made, and letting us make them in the first place.

Y U NO :foreveralone: FACE

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
There's the main maze, where it is the upper left corner yellow dot pixel to the one near the lower right (where it says ThEnd), but also 2 different brown pixels, 2 pink, 2 purple, etc etc. all around, marked by arrows. Those are sub-mazes inside the main maze.
Yo dog we heard you like mazes so we put a maze in your maze so you can algorithm while you algorithm.

Are you planning to become an Inception architect?

Top Bottom