• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Music Stereotype & Background

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I love music. It's basically my whole life. I pretty much live through music. Obviously, because my main goal as a career following High School is to go to school for Music Business and Recording Arts, so that I can work in the industry and construct and establish my own record label.

But something I want to bring up, is my favorite genre of music. Personally, my favorite three genre's are... Metal, Rock, and Alternative. But something I'm wanting to bring up to discuss, is why metal music is stereotyped as "evil music." What do the different genre's represent? Why are the main topics and focus of music focusing on religion, drug use, and sex?

I love music, and I'm curious to get to the bottom of this. I don't want to end up taking off my career signing bands and supporting bands that worship Satan, or attack my religion, or are even all about drug use. Discuss.

Also, keep this thread on topic, as well as make sure it stays mature and clean. I don't want this thread to get locked for becoming out of hand.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
There are tons and TONS of metal bands that don't sing about anything religion related/drug related. In fact, that stereotype is pretty old by now.

Besides, it's the music that's important. Who cares if some band dresses up in black and growls about how great Satan is. As long as the music is good it doesn't matter.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
There are tons and TONS of metal bands that don't sing about anything religion related/drug related. In fact, that stereotype is pretty old by now.

Besides, it's the music that's important. Who cares if some band dresses up in black and growls about how great Satan is. As long as the music is good it doesn't matter.
That is sort of true, but I care. Lyrics are just as good as the beat in my opinion.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Only philistines don't care about lyrics, lol.
Yeah, instrumental talent is hugely important, but vocals and lyrics don't not matter.

I see the "evil" metal stereotype born of constant lyrics not about religion or drugs, but just of death. WAY TOO MANY metal bands can't stop singing about death. I'm pretty ****ing tired of it tbh. That and general angry tone of voice (something that can be gotten away with with good lyrics).
I really don't know the difference between most subgenres of metal, so I suppose what I say can't be applied everywhere.
A kid I smashed with once tried to get me into Between the Buried and Me (a pretty popular band I take it) and was sure I'd love them. TBH, it sounded like some emo high school kid attempt at poetry. That's evil in it's own right lol.

I like Baroness. A lot. I consider their sound metal but don't find their lyrics ABSOLUTELY PRETENTIOUS (somewhat because it's abstract enough to where I don't immediately know what the hell they're talking about, lol) which is hard to come by with most metal.

Idk, I may be a bit biased against most metal bands because I expect music to be beautiful--a word I cannot attach to "evil" music.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah, instrumental talent is hugely important, but vocals and lyrics don't not matter.

I see the "evil" metal stereotype born of constant lyrics not about religion or drugs, but just of death. WAY TOO MANY metal bands can't stop singing about death. I'm pretty ****ing tired of it tbh. That and general angry tone of voice (something that can be gotten away with with good lyrics).
I really don't know the difference between most subgenres of metal, so I suppose what I say can't be applied everywhere.
A kid I smashed with once tried to get me into Between the Buried and Me (a pretty popular band I take it) and was sure I'd love them. TBH, it sounded like some emo high school kid attempt at poetry. That's evil in it's own right lol.

I like Baroness. A lot. I consider their sound metal but don't find their lyrics ABSOLUTELY PRETENTIOUS (somewhat because it's abstract enough to where I don't immediately know what the hell they're talking about, lol) which is hard to come by with most metal.

Idk, I may be a bit biased against most metal bands because I expect music to be beautiful--a word I cannot attach to "evil" music.
Yeah, well, the original movie that got me thinking about things was "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" and I've seen that movie on VH1 about last week, but it got me thinking as a music producer. As a label head. I mean, it's what I want to be and all after High School, after college. So... I don't want to sign bands that give themselves a bad name. If that's the case, I'll feel like a failure just for giving them an opportunity, and feeling as if my label turned into a disgrace for giving them a big break or just a hit chance. Of course every band sings about death. That's a given. That's not just metal genre, that's every genre, but the things I'm against I want to try to avoid in my talent-signings. I'm sure you can understand that. I'm religious (not extremely religious-but still religious), and I don't like when people don't use their morals or common sense. If you're not religious, you should still know right from wrong, good from bad, and respect those that are. It's life, and it bothers me that some people are and can be the way they are. I like the genre a lot, but I don't like the stereotypes it brings, as well as some of the fans. Maybe it's just me, but this is the way I see it and believe it to be, or should be.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

I never said vocals weren't important. Vocals are part of the music. Lyrics are debatedly important, but they are secondary, especially in a genre where the lyrics are so obscured. If you don't like BTBAM simply because of the lyrics (which are ponderous, abstract and meandering) you are missing everything important.

As for signing only bands with "good morals": that's one of the most naive things I've ever heard and you aren't going to make it anywhere with that kind of conservative attitude.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I never said vocals weren't important. Vocals are part of the music. Lyrics are debatedly important, but they are secondary, especially in a genre where the lyrics are so obscured. If you don't like BTBAM simply because of the lyrics (which are ponderous, abstract and meandering) you are missing everything important.

As for signing only bands with "good morals": that's one of the most naive things I've ever heard and you aren't going to make it anywhere with that kind of conservative attitude.
It happens, and that doesn't mean that it'll fail as a business. That attitude doesn't change the business. But you're missing the primary message that I'm trying to get across. I simply dislike and stop listening to bands particularly for their vocals, members, and beliefs. Look at bands like Simple Plan, Sum 41, GreenDay, and Fall Out Boy for instance. All were bands I once liked. They had good music, and I liked listening to their music. I still listen to their music, but I don't like the bands at all. Each for a different reason.

Sum 41 I stopped listening to simply because they make albums for the fact that they're all about the profit, and not because they enjoy or have passion for music. Simple Plan I dislike because they dislike life, come off an extremely emo, and are always complaining about their life in interviews and so on. Green Day I think is overplayed and overhyped, and the members tend to piss me off a bit. Fall Out Boy's vocals make no sense to me, and they suck performance-wise.

I want to sign bands that have talent, and will actually get somewhere. As all labels want to do. But I want to sign bands that have morals , respect, maturity, and common sense in addition to that. If anything, that'd help my label more then it would hurt it.

BrutalXSpawn

Smash Apprentice
Dude,Metal expresses Anger,War,Angst,Struggles and some evil,but its still is very beautiful. Metal music can be very complex and that may be what you fail to see. Im in a Death Metal/Thrash/Deathcore band and I dont think there is anything wrong with it what so ever.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Dude,Metal expresses Anger,War,Angst,Struggles and some evil,but its still is very beautiful. Metal music can be very complex and that may be what you fail to see. Im in a Death Metal/Thrash/Deathcore band and I dont think there is anything wrong with it what so ever.
...this is the stereotype that I'm talking about. -_-

I disagree with this statement though. Sure it's expressing something, but why always anger? Can't you just express yourself, voice an opinion, etc. through a music genre?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
...this is the stereotype that I'm talking about. -_-

I disagree with this statement though. Sure it's expressing something, but why always anger? Can't you just express yourself, voice an opinion, etc. through a music genre?
I'm not sure what you're saying now. You're saying metal shouldn't express negative thoughts/feelings ever? That would mean it's not a very expressive genre of music, which is very incorrect.

Personally, I listen to and play heavy music mostly for fun but it is also very cathartic as well. It's an empowering way to vent and express the ills you have with life. It's not supposed to be incredibly life-affirming music. If you want that listen to almost any other genre.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'm religious (not extremely religious-but still religious)
I lol'd at this.

Good music should try to master every aspect. While a discussion about the differences between metal instrument usage and other genres can be saved for a whole other thread, lyrics must, in all genres, be well written. There are 2 other aspects that give it an "evil" quality: 1. Like I said, most of the songs are about some sort of dark angry death jazz. 2. Their tone of voice simply isn't pleasant. The voicebox is a instrument too, metal tends to abuse/not know how to use it properly, at least based on the assumption that yelling/screaming doesn't take any talent.

On a side note, another thing I notice about a lot of metal are the names of the songs. It becomes simply comical sometimes how serious they expect me to take them.

True that. You'll be a pretty unpopular guy if you don't sign anyone that doesn't share your views. Label owners want to make money. If you want to spread a message, start your own band.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
First, screaming DOES take talent (no offense, DerpDaBerp, but that assumption is WAAAYY off), but only if done the right way. Stuff like yelling is kind of the premature version of the rigscream, so it kinda sounds awkward unless used for hardcore punk or a genre like that. Stuff like pig-squeals and the deep, guttoral stuff does takes a little more talent, especially if you don't have to really breathe right into the mic to do it. The higher pitched screams are the difficult ones, because they take the most energy to do right, and they tend to be the most lethal on your vocal chords (if you do it right). A proper high scream takes a decent amount of time to learn to safely do and even more time to learn to do consistently for shows/tours. One false move with a high scream equals ripping up your vocal chords over time and needing throat treatment (ex: Alex from Atreyu, and why Lead Sails Paper Anchor sucked). This stuff takes quite a bit to learn. The truly good screamers have the ability to both sing and scream properly without hindering the other's ability after doing one.

Second, true, MOST bands talk of the same death/anger/violence stuff in their lyrics, not ALL. The problem with the popular metal scene is that this is the most popular stuff that metalheads listen to. They purposely WANT to hear brutality, and that tends to be the bands' focus when writing (sadly). Don't blame the bands, blame the crowd they cater. That's why I like bands like BTBAM so much, they stray from the path when it comes to their lyrical focus, their writing is much more intelligent.

In summary, metal is just a single genre in music. You listen to what you like and that's that, dum dum!

FOR YOUR HEALTH!!

I'm glad there is a topic for INTELLIGENT discussion of why metal IS metal, thank you very much Miamisportsfan45 (btw congrats on the Dolphins getting Brandon Marshall :chuckle: ). If anybody else has any questions about different kinds of metal, I'd recommend they watch the documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, a very intelligent look into the metal world.

This has been Reality Check, and WE ARE THRU!!!

:036:

Wow, by far the longest thing I've typed up on Smashboards. That's not a good sign... :(

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you're saying now. You're saying metal shouldn't express negative thoughts/feelings ever? That would mean it's not a very expressive genre of music, which is very incorrect.

Personally, I listen to and play heavy music mostly for fun but it is also very cathartic as well. It's an empowering way to vent and express the ills you have with life. It's not supposed to be incredibly life-affirming music. If you want that listen to almost any other genre.
That's not what I'm saying at all. But regretful speech shouldn't be voiced through recorded music. Is what I'm getting at. If you're choosing or following a specific path, why voice it disrespectfully through a way that insults people that follow your genre, but disagree with your lyrics? Why ruin everything by making a negatively impacted media frenzy?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Stuff like pig-squeals and the deep, guttoral stuff does takes a little more talent.
But they're still "pig squeals"...

The problem with the popular metal scene is that this is the most popular stuff that metalheads listen to. They purposely WANT to hear brutality, and that tends to be the bands' focus when writing (sadly). Don't blame the bands, blame the crowd they cater.
...Bands should be blamed for deviating their focus from what they want to write to what will sell. I know they want to make money, but making money and singing about things they want would be a win-win if they weren't too afraid to try. I hope I understand your quote correctly.
I'm going to have to see an example of what you consider BTBAM's most intelligent lyrics. From what I've experienced of them, it still seems pretty shallow. Subjectivity ftw lol.
In fact, you should post some of their lyrics along side poorer lyrics of some other band to show differences

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

...Bands should be blamed for deviating their focus from what they want to write to what will sell. I know they want to make money, but making money and singing about things they want would be a win-win if they weren't too afraid to try. I hope I understand your quote correctly.
I'm going to have to see an example of what you consider BTBAM's most intelligent lyrics. From what I've experienced of them, it still seems pretty shallow. Subjectivity ftw lol.
In fact, you should post some of their lyrics along side poorer lyrics of some other band to show differences
(You can't follow me)
I thought it was strange when all this shot into my mind driving. It's
weird how this enclosed space makes me think so clearly...so free! I wish
all hours were so relaxing. Thinking of the next noise...making up the
next noise. Scream loud, loud, loud, loud. Static intoxication, sing
this lovely violin song. Beat this bottle on a wall. Scream, scream,
scream. The baby cries. Record the noise. It all makes sense...we're
capable of beauty. Through sounds which make one cringe. The dogs only
hear us now. For the first time tears came to my eyes while I was
listening. Noise brings so many things...make my tingling skin freeze.
Turn me on, make me laugh, shoot the can, shut the door, pour your glass,
**** scene scream, car crash bash, black cat splat.
A silent death, a silent scream...You can't follow me, you sing along to
nothing.

from "Ad a Dglgmut". it has a clear concept, is not emo in any sense, is very unique and reflective on the music they are making.

compared to:

norting - the viley stench of putrescence
Coffin - lies exhumed in front of me
Foul stiff - strewn with papillae and pores
Fermenting - stiff corpse putrefies

Slicing, bisecting, incising the stiff

Stomach wall is opening
Primitive diagnosis...
Remove internal organs
Primitive autopsy...

Sawing - the weak head of the corpse I saw
Slicing - cerebral bisection
Eviscerate - slushy bowels ripped out at once
Perfecting - foul body autopsy

from Necrophagist's "Onset of Putrification"

you're telling me that's not shallow?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
(You can't follow me)
I thought it was strange when all this shot into my mind driving. It's
weird how this enclosed space makes me think so clearly...so free! I wish
all hours were so relaxing. Thinking of the next noise...making up the
next noise. Scream loud, loud, loud, loud. Static intoxication, sing
this lovely violin song. Beat this bottle on a wall. Scream, scream,
scream. The baby cries. Record the noise. It all makes sense...we're
capable of beauty. Through sounds which make one cringe. The dogs only
hear us now. For the first time tears came to my eyes while I was
listening. Noise brings so many things...make my tingling skin freeze.
Turn me on, make me laugh, shoot the can, shut the door, pour your glass,
**** scene scream, car crash bash, black cat splat.
A silent death, a silent scream...You can't follow me, you sing along to
nothing.

from "Ad a Dglgmut". it has a clear concept, is not emo in any sense, is very unique and reflective on the music they are making.
As my lack of familiarity with most metal indicated, I was surprised, pleasantly, when I actually did enjoy reading this. Thanks.

If it wouldn't deviate from the OP, I'd like to go on posting lyrics I really like. *imagines lyric thread*

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord

This is what I'm getting at, and the way I view and see things. Look at bands like... Bands that I listen to for instance. Not extreme-metal, but still good bands as well as examples. There's bands like Killswitch Engage, who have a huge crowd and fan-base. Yet, look at what they sing about.... Hope. Having faith. Seeing the good in things. Yet, look at their genre. I mean... This is what I'm getting at.

Then you look at bands like... Avenged Sevenfold. With the passing of their drummer, they have a huge fan/support base. Yet they sing about politics and just randomness in general. Yet they're not a tiny-genre, either.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
You did understand my quote correctly, DerpDaBerp, that's exactly what I meant :D . On regards to lyrics, here's another example of BTBAM's lyrics compared to more unoriginal metal lyrics:

The early loves seems to become jaded...
I'm never expecting this...
Glance towards the mirror,
Imagination towards the stars...
The endless desire for my one and only true love...
This will never change I predict...
But I do get tired...
If only they knew what push we have given...
For this music...
This happiness that keeps us all sane...
Cold nights seem to force questions, not wanting to accept these thoughts...
I have worked and will keep working...
To keep the tradition of my one true motive in life...
Music...
My only love...
Once building drum boxes and pretending to be the artist...
I guess I'm here but it feels weird...
So weird...
To know how weird all this can be...
It seems to never work out like I planned...
Like we planned.

One day it will come together...
First place desire in the backwards marathon...
That's all we can ask for...

It's raining...
It's raining...
It's raining...
It's raining...
When the sun comes up, it's still raining.
Slowly grow...
Weeds turn into...
Smiling trance...
Never mentioned.

The early love seems to become jaded...
I'm never expecting this...
Dance for the mirror,
Imagination towards the stars...
The endless desire for my one and only true love...
Dreams won't let go...
Thoughts will not change...
Can't watch it fly away...

from "Backwards Marathon", one of my personal faves by them.

Here's the example of bad writing:

Goodbye,
I'll mend your loss.

Let the carcass of the martyr burn,
In the process of...
Process
Your ashes and embers will light up the skies.
In the process of...
In process of,
Your Suspending.
Take My Hands,
You'll be burned before their eyes.
You'll be burned before their eyes.

So let the carcass of the martyr burn,
In the process of...
In the process of punishment.
In the process of...

What more does it take,
To see your death?
What more must be done,
To see you dead?
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended by the throat.
Tonight you'll die.
Suspended by the throat.
Tonight you'll die.
Suspended by the throat.
Tonight you'll die.

What more can it take,
To see your death?
What more must be done,
To see you hung?

In the process of...
No more.
Just die.

Suspended by the throat.
Tonight you'll die
Suspended by the throat.

From Job For A Cowboy's "Suspended By The Throat."

The difference really is just amazing...

:036:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Not listening to blasphemous music is a guideline implemented because 1. Messages from music you enjoy are more influential, and thus may skew your view of the religion and 2. Because it's plainly disrespectful. Your religiosity is quite fickle if you continue to listen to music that harshly bashes your religion. So if you can't stop listening to [i.e."Cult"], but you want to be as repectful to your god as possible, I think the choice is clear. [RANT]I say this as one who believes agnostics are ******** (as in, "decide, it's a rather important topic with not much room for middle-ground lolligagging")[/RANT]

Secondly, about lyrics themselves. I can see how the actual words are less important. But unless you're Mogwai and **** without lyircs, you take on the responsibility of another layer of depth (while a band doesn't get points off for not having lyrics). Of all bands that have lyrics, some have better ones than others, meaning there is a range of quality every band w/ lyrics will fall somewhere into, meaning their choice of words are still important (while arguably not as much as other aspects). Because good lyrics may amplify a song with their poetic capacity, they also subject a song to potential ridiculousness if they're not done properly.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
why does it matter streotypes are half truth anyways when people think of metal they think of screaming and high rifts with small variation as such these traits get categorized just like any other. its bands fault for making crappy lyrics who want to take the time to seperate it from the song? lol not me

Underload

Lazy
That is sort of true, but I care. Lyrics are just as good as the beat in my opinion.
This. Lyrics are extremely important in music, that's why they're there. >>;

As for the whole metal thing, a few really dark bands love singing about blood and Satan, and that stereotype spreads around to the entire denomination, just how stereotypes are supposed to work. It's a shame, really, I really love some metal and some of my best friends are complete metalheads.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
@ Masmasher@ - OOoooooooh, nice try. Thanks for playing.

My apologies, but I have a really immature and anger-driven viewpoint on the whole lyrical meaning argument, because stuff like this pisses me off to no end. THEY'RE JUST SONGS, CHILL THE **** OUT. Sure, some songs can have the poetic and emotional power to bring a person to tears (Bohemian Rhapsody did it to me at first :chuckle: ), but that doesn't mean you can bash the metalheads, rappers, pop-rockers, etc. just because their lyrics are against a simple rule of YOUR life. That's the problem with people that go about and hate on various forms of stereotypes found in music, lyrics, etc. Not everything has to relate to YOUR life and being. Some people can relate to the brutality or heaviness of music. If you can't, don't ***** about it or get mad at the people who like it for liking it in the first place. If they don't compute with your religious or moral purposes, don't listen to it. Just don't segregate those who do like that kind of stuff from your life. Let the people play what they wanna play.

Now I need a **** drink. Bartender, Captian and Coke me, please!!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
how come most of the people in this thread type so illegibly?

why does it matter streotypes are half truth anyways when people think of metal they think of screaming and high rifts with small variation as such these traits get categorized just like any other. its bands fault for making crappy lyrics who want to take the time to seperate it from the song? lol not me
I mean seriously. What the **** are you even saying

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Not listening to blasphemous music is a guideline implemented because 1. Messages from music you enjoy are more influential, and thus may skew your view of the religion and 2. Because it's plainly disrespectful. Your religiosity is quite fickle if you continue to listen to music that harshly bashes your religion. So if you can't stop listening to [i.e."Cult"], but you want to be as repectful to your god as possible, I think the choice is clear. [RANT]I say this as one who believes agnostics are ******** (as in, "decide, it's a rather important topic with not much room for middle-ground lolligagging")[/RANT]

Secondly, about lyrics themselves. I can see how the actual words are less important. But unless you're Mogwai and **** without lyircs, you take on the responsibility of another layer of depth (while a band doesn't get points off for not having lyrics). Of all bands that have lyrics, some have better ones than others, meaning there is a range of quality every band w/ lyrics will fall somewhere into, meaning their choice of words are still important (while arguably not as much as other aspects). Because good lyrics may amplify a song with their poetic capacity, they also subject a song to potential ridiculousness if they're not done properly.
This is basically where I'm coming from. i enjoy good music, but I also enjoy good and meaningful lyrics to go along with it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
This is basically where I'm coming from. i enjoy good music, but I also enjoy good and meaningful lyrics to go along with it.
1. Good news: those two aren't necessarily exclusive.
2. Listen to what you like. If you don't like the lyrics, I'm sure your denial of a single song won't crush your spirit.
3. Is metal the only genre you listen to? It seems to trouble you.........

and @ the melon: We're not raging about lyrics. We're just debating about their importance. And as far as metal bashing, I'll try not to bash an entire genre, but if any artist has lyrics I find terrible, I'll bash them.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
1. Good news: those two aren't necessarily exclusive.
2. Listen to what you like. If you don't like the lyrics, I'm sure your denial of a single song won't crush your spirit.
3. Is metal the only genre you listen to? It seems to trouble you.........

and @ the melon: We're not raging about lyrics. We're just debating about their importance. And as far as metal bashing, I'll try not to bash an entire genre, but if any artist has lyrics I find terrible, I'll bash them.
You're by far not bashing an entire genre. Metal is not the only genre I'm into. I'm into nearly every type of music. Minus country... and a few others. But my personal preference is Metal/Rock/Alternative.

It's not the lyrics that bother me the most, to be honest. It's the bands personality themselves, then there lyrics. If a band is singing a song and they actually sound good, it's whatever. It's one song. I can look past it. But if every song or too many songs have the same relevence/concept, that's where it becomes a problem. Same goes for if you're giving them a chance, you start getting into them or even recording for them, and they're all making comments about how Satan is the solution and stupid **** like that. That's where I become a bit confused and paranoid about what I'm getting myself into as far as my standards, beliefs, and morals go. I mean, I'm sure you and anyone can understand where I'm coming from. But personally, if you believe in something, that's fine, I completely respect that. But out of respect for both me and the fans. Respect my morals and beliefs as well.

Basically it comes down to respect and empathy.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The bands your worried about signing (Satan worshippers, etc) are a rarity these days. There are a few here and there but they are mostly underground.

Grandeza

Smash Master
how come most of the people in this thread type so illegibly?

I mean seriously. What the **** are you even saying
my attempt at fixing this

"Why does it matter? Stereotypes are half truth anyways. When people think of metal they think of screaming and high rifts. With small variation as such, these traits get categorized just like any other. It's bands' fault for making crappy lyrics. Who want to take the time to seperate it from the song? lol not me"

yeah it still doesn't make a whole ton of sense lol. i tried

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Out of curiosity though, what started this trend, and what do you think the pentagram in standard rock/metal represents?
Honestly, most of the Satanic stuff is exclusive to Black Metal. I don't listen to Black Metal because I think it's a joke but some of those guys take it really serious, with their white and black face makeup and lyrics from The Satanic Bible and such

Top Bottom